Complaints & Reviews

Using product could cause injury

The purpose of buying these "Get A Grip" handles was to insure my elderly mother's SAFETY for getting in and out of the bathtub. However, one of the handles kept falling off the tile wall every couple of days and the other handle stuck to the wall just a little longer (about a week). This happened before they were ever used.

If a handle fails while being used, it could actually be more dangerous than not having any handle at all!

In addition, I paid extra to insure "faster" shipping, but Telebrands just mailed them out using ordinary mai and it was NOT very fast, the second handle took 18 days to arrive (both were ordered at the same time.)

People should be warned that using these handles could result in a fall and serious injury! In addition there doesn't seem to be any money-back guarantee.

They will rip you off badly!

I have had nothing but a BAD BAD field day with telebrands..That company is the biggest rip off company I...

GPA PAL

I requested by phone a GPS cup stand that hides wires and will set in your cup holder. Took a long time to recieved and with the package I recieved 2 post cards that said the product would not be shipped and the order was cancelled.

I ordered one GPS cup for $14.99 plus shipping and handling $6.99 image my supprise when I got a box full of GPS cups (5) and a billing invoice of $96.93. Now the TV ad said I would buy one and get one free, so I expected 2. I got 6 and not a free one in the bunch. Of course you can't reach anyone because they only do business Mon - Fri between 9"30 am to 5:00 pm. EST. I'm passed p.o.'d at them, and I can wait to talk to someone that works for this company.

• Wi
    willism dolan Oct 31, 2008

Telebrands advertises on TV that I will get two grip-handles for the price of one. The price of one is $19.98. Telebrands took $35.97 of my money and sent me only one.

• Na
    Nanny CARLSEN Nov 05, 2008

ORDERED FROM A TV AD FOR $19.95 AND THEY CHARGED ME $59.95. WHEN ORDER CAME THERE WAS NO PHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS TO CALL AND COMPLAIN.

• Co
    Colin Masica Nov 12, 2008

Same thing happened to me. Is this a mistake, or deliberate fraud? What can we do about it?

• Si
    sivakumar Jan 22, 2009

mee too, i bought a AIR LOUNCHER to them, it is very useless product they cheating the people

Get-A-Grip - No Return Information

I ordered the Get-A-Grip handles for a family member going through Chemo treatment. The commercial said get 2 for the price of 1 and get 1 free. I did receive 3 Get-A-Grips but they charged 1 @ 9.99 + 3.99 S&H, 1 @ 19.98 + 15.98 S&H and 1 @ $0 dollars + 15.98 S&H totaling $59.93 which I did not authorize. You have to give credit card info before placing the order and are never given a total amount due. I want to return the substandard product to the ### company but there is no phone # or website etc. only an address. Does anyone know how to contact these people? I'm sure they will not answer any written correspondence.

Scam-Fraud

i ordered pedipaws, with the knowledge that i could try this, and if i wasn't satisfied with it, within 30 days could return it for a refund. well i called, got a RA#, returned it via UPS. i waited for about 3 weeks, still no refund to my card. i called them 3 times, and got a runaround from zombies that seemed to reading from a script.

i finally called my credit card co, explained that i've been ripped off, that i have tracked my return and they did receive it and sign for it. they just won't give me my refund. my cc company is sending me the necessary "dispute" forms and will credit my card the $59.71 they charged me for this junk, that i returned!

Mary S. Dec 04, 2008

After placing my order at the very poorly designed "Pedi-Paws" website (which fails to reveal the total cost until AFTER one has entered credit card information and clicked "submit order"), I tried for two days to call the company to cancel my order. This was because the total my credit card was being charged was much more than I expected it to be (but I had no way of knowing this until it was too late). I was told both times that it was too soon to cancel the order as it wasn't yet "in the system". And yet when I checked my credit card statement online, the company had claimed a payment for the order the day after I placed it. These people are lying to customers.

I never received a confirmation of my order at the email address I provided, either. The first notification I received, almost a week after I placed the order, was an email notice that the products had been SHIPPED. TeleBrands' failure to send notification immediately of an order received, and instead waiting until the order has shipped, is at the very least unethical. I have ordered hundreds of items online and have never had such a thing happen before.

What's worse is that I find that my single order has miraculously morphed into TWO orders, totaling almost $300. I will mark both packages REFUSED and send them back when they arrive. I have notified my credit card company, and they will dispute both charges. If this happens to you, the credit card company requests that you get a receipt from the post office to support your claim that the merchandise was indeed returned. And I will warn all of my friends never to order anything from TeleBrands!

failure to deliver no. of items promised and paid for

Telemarketer [Telebrands DR] promised "2 for the price of 1" [$19.98 for GET-A-GRIP] and charged $15, 98 for...

get a grip handle

TV Commercial said buy one receive an additional one free. I only received one, but they charged me...

Shoes Under

I purchased through the internet the Shoes Under shoe storage system and after not receiving the item for a month, I started to inquire as to the status. I had the confirmation e-mail from them and the charge on my credit card. Upon calling the number on the e-mail about questions, I was directed to another number. I called it also and after waiting another 15 minutes on hold, I was told to call the original number again that they didn't handle that product. I called the other number again adn asked for a supervisor who gave me yet a third number (not toll-free) and after another 20 minutes on hold, there is still no record of my purchase and no one is willing to track it down. I sent another e-mail in response to the original purchase confirmation but have yet to hear back from that e-mail also. As of now, I am out almost $50.00 and have no one at Telebrands to follow up on it.

• Wa
    Wanda Broussard Nov 23, 2008

THIS IS SUCH A GODDAM SCAM!

pEOPLE, WE HAVE TO GET LAWS TO PREVENT THIS!

• Wa
    Wanda Broussard Nov 23, 2008

SUCH A RIPOFF!

NO WAY TO STOP PHONE PURCHASE

WE NEED LAWS!

• Ec
    ecyrba Nov 28, 2008

File a better Business complaint Telebrands in NJ.

• Sh
    sharon vann Feb 24, 2009

I order the shoes under product thinking that I would receive the product that is shown on the website and tv. To my surprise when the product arrived it is different from what is being advertised ont the web and tv. The product advertised is made different from what I received. The individual dividers on tv and the webside are not made from the nylon material they are more cardboard like and the ones I received are moveable nylon. When I called and complained they said that there was two different products that they are selling, the one they show is considered an upgrade however this is the one you believe you are getting becasue they only show you one kind. They say after you enter in all of your information when purchasing there is a disclaimer you can choose for the upgrade but thats after the purchase is made and you don't know its your product they are talking about. I said if there are two different products and you are really purchasing the naylon product then why not advertise that one when clicking on order? why are you showing the upgraded version allowing the public to think thats the one they will be receiving.

• Ha
    Happy McNamara Mar 10, 2009

I don't know if they have shipped my product, but since they have charged more to my credit card than what they were supposed to i want to cancel my order and get refund back to my card... It is a real bummer when companies turn out to be crooks and not someone you can depend on.

• Ba
    Barbara Apr 04, 2009

very disappointed with this product, nothing like the product seen on t.v. or online, it is flimsy, doesn't support the shoes between each other, they have flaps instead of sturdy inbetween connections..
    Basicly it came folded up like a canvas bag, seeing the commercial,
    there is no way you could fold up that product... I couldn't even slide
    the product under my bed on my carpet without it binding up and
    slightly colapsing. VERY DISAPPOINTING not worth the money...

• Kr
    kraze4u Apr 06, 2009

shoes under is such a scam! i ordered 2 buy 1 get 1 free just pay s+h well to my surprise i noticed i was charged 57.96 out of my account when i called they stated that somehow i was shipped 6 units!! once received i immediatly shipped them back! the product was poorly made, weeks went by and no refund, i decided to call the 1800 # again and they told me that i would not get a full refund and in fact i would only get 30.00 back! and i dont get refunded for the s+h (although i didnt order 6) and explained to me how it was my fault of ordering 6 units i submitted a complaint to the bbb lets see what happens.

• Un
    Unhappy Apr 20, 2009

Same thing happened to me.. Did not receive the product that they show on the commercial. Really poor product. They should not be showing that item if it isn't the one they are sending. When I see the commercial I tell everyone that it is not the product they are sending out and to make sure they do not order it! Just keep warning people about this poor quality product... I believe word of mouth is the the best way to get across to people ... DO NOT order Shoes Under, the company lies about what you will be receiving!!

• Un
    Under the Bed Jun 22, 2009

I received an e-mail for shoes under and decided to go to the website to look at it. After inputting my creidt card # I decided after all of the upselling I did not want the product and closed the browser. I never got as far as authorizing the order. I received a phone call a day later regarding the order and informing me there was a problem with my credit card. I informed the young lady that I never coompleted the order and I did not want the product. I also inquired how Telebrands got my credit card # if I never completed the order. she hung up. Apparently once you put in your cc#, they have some method of capturing the # even thought you do not complete the order and close the browser. Of course the package showed up on my doorstep. I contacted the company again to explain that I did not place the order and did not want the product. I was told I could return the product at my own expense. since I did not order the product I don't feel I should spend my money returnng it. I spoke with two people again today, Mark and Erin (supervisor) and was told they would not send postage to return the package. That I should return it and put a copy of the postage inside the box and they would consider returning a reimbursement. I would have no problem paying for the postage if I actually completed the order and requested the product but since I did not, this to me smacks of extortion.<br />
    <br />
    Can someone help me?<br />
    [email protected]

No cust. service

I ordered pedipaws from the pedipaws website. They e-mailed me an order number and a way to "track" my order. The tracking function doesn't work and the customer service for pedipaws is in California. The "corporate" offices are in NJ. The order is still not in their system and after talking to "supervisor" Lance, no one is empowered to help consumers with an order. I feel like this whole company is a scam. They now tell me after I've entered and order that they can't cancel it because it's not in their system yet and it normally takes 6 weeks to get the product. If I had known I never would have ordered the product.

• B
    B Dec 01, 2008

Telebrands is a rip off. I ordered Pedipaw in October and sent it back a few days later. I was told that they did not get the product back until Nov and that they are processing my order it is now Dec and I still have no refund.

• Da
    Danny Wells Jul 11, 2009

Does Telebrands actually have a customer service division? I haven't found any proof of it so far. Every number I have called put me on hold to which there is never an answer. They say their call volume is too high and my call will be taken as soon as possible. "Possible " hasn't gotten here yet.If their call volume is always that high on their customer service lines a lot of other people must be having problems with them also. I ordered a Get-a Grip after suffering a stroke to aid in getting in and out of the tub a little safer. It was ordered on 04/07/2009 and I haven't received it yet. Can't find out anything about it either. All I'm sure of is the amount was immediately charged to my credit card, which it should have been. I just didn't like the idea of being forgotten after they got what they wanted.$$$$.It's mighty funny to me but you don't seem to ever have a problem finding someone to talk to when you want to order something.Imagine that!I think I may have just learned a $40.00 lesson that won't happen to me or anyone I can warn again with Telebrands. Until proven different as far as I am concerned THEY ARE A SCAM!!!

Unauthorized charges

I ordered from the website of Telebrands, Fairfield, N.J., Pedipaws for the amount of $l9.99 plus 7.99 for...

Scam and cheating

I am also upset with this company. I found the customer service number [protected]) When I called I got...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices