Complaints & Reviews

Poorly designed rip off

I ordered the Aluma Wallet from Bed, Bath and Beyond and when it was removed from the exterior package, the aluminum face fell off the plastic wallet. There are 2 strips of double sided tape that are obviously not strong enough and so I can't see where this would be sturdy enough to hold up to every day use, much less sit in the back pocket of a man as his only wallet. This product fell apart before we even opened the actual wallet part to see that the plastic insides probably wouldn't really hold very much very well anyway. Definitely NOT worth any money. We will see how well the 30 day money back guarentee holds up.

Over charge

On April 26 2011 I called Aluma Wallet to place an order of 6 wallets. Instead they sent me 16 wallets and...

Complete Rip-off!

If you or anyone you know is thinking of wasting money on the Aluma Wallet, take the money you'd spend, ball it up and burn it. These things are a total joke. I put a credit card, bank card and $40 in bills in it and the catch broke when I tried to close it. I tried to return it and never got a refund. I've tried calling customer service and spent hours on the phone not speaking to a single human being and emails go unanswered. The good thing is, the recycling center will take it so I can at least get a few cents back on the wasted metal.

Terrible customer service

I ordered the Aluma wallet. I was charged for shipping when the commercial advertised it was free. When ordering online I was not given an option to review the order before finalizing it. I immediately called your customer service number and spoke to Heidi. She was rude and just wanted to finish the conversation. She told me there was nothing she could do because the order didn't show and if I wanted to just call back in 24 hours. I went online again today and checked however there's still no track of my order. I want to definetely cancel this order right away as I believe this company is a scam. I have read many reviews and they are all terrible.

• He
    hebesgirl52 May 21, 2011

check around they do sell them in the store. I got mine at the hess gas station on routes 1&9 in Linden, NJ. yeah the inside is paper like but what do you want for $10? its good enough and keeps my stuff clean and handy.

Rip off

When I ordered this item, I wanted buy 1 $19.99, get one free. The next thing I know I have a receipt for $117.00. I call the company after the required 48 hours and then for days afterwards and each time they state they cannot see where I ever placed an order, but they will note to cancel it if it ever comes up. More than 30 days later, I get the bark off (only one) in the mail and they have charged my account $23.98. When I call to complain that offer me $5.00 off if I will keep the product. I noted that I had cancelled the order and that I did not want it. They stated they would give me a refund, but not until the product was back in their warehouse and I had to pay shipping. When I stated this was unacceptable to me, the operator hung up. Do do business with this company.

Beware

Still no confirming email from Carl (gave me no last name but said he was the supervisor I was asking to speak to) confirming our conversation in which he stated that once the order was returned I would be credited ALSO for the shipping, handling, processing and any other fees you guys can possibly come up with. I asked Carl to please send me a confirming email of our conversation early afternoon yesterday restating the above, however, still no email from Carl. So much for not doing what I was assured he would do.

I ordered the wallet February 20, 2010, was unable to review my order, NEVER received a confirmation of the order, and had assumed the order was lost in cyberspace. UNTIL... out of the blue, $39 is deducted from my checking account. IS THIS ANY WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS???? Customer Service needs to work on their customer service, as it is very poor. At this point I'm not even interested in the product, as all else was so poorly handled.

Additionally, why the cost is so high is beyond me. The offer was one wallet for $10.99, shipping $6.99, and a bonus wallet for a mere $4.99 processing but was charged $39. Consumer beware!

Adding items, upcharging for 'free' items

I ordered the chef basket advertised on televion, online. When asked if I wanted to upgrade to the higher quality basket I agreed. I was to get a free upgrade basket and free knife with 1 additional ship/handle charge. The total should have been about $45.00. When the final screen came up I was charged for 2 deluxe baskets, 1 knife set, 2 'free' knives, and the original basked that should have been removed when I upgraded to the deluxe basket. The final total was $88.90, with no way of canceling the order, no telephone number or contact information, and the first time that a 3-6 week delivery time was outlined. I called my bank to cancel, but since the charge hasn't hit yet I have to wait. No telling what will be added on by the time the charge hits.

Unauthorized use of credit card

Received alum wallet in mail, addressed to my son, who has not lived at this address for ten years. I did not open the package because it was sent to my son. Two weeks later I received my credit card statement with $49.94 purchase on it for this alum wallet. My son does not have my credit card number, or my email address.I called Telebrands and they said tis order was generated by machine not them.They refused to tell me how they got my credit card number or my sons name.I have never done business with this company. They gave authorization code to send it back but my concern is just where they got my number

Scammed me

I was scammed by Aluma Wallet. I wanted the $22.00 offer and my invoice was for over $50.00 with no way to question it. I called [protected] and was able to talk to an individual who cancelled my order. He offered me $5.00 to continue the order but I declined. I hope it went through.

Their forms did not permit me to enter my full shipping address and there was no way to go back and correct the situation. There was no final opportunity to enter the order after you hadd the opportunity to proof read it.

Don't buy from them

I ordered what I thought was 2 aluma wallets for the buy one get one price as advertised… WRONG!!! By the time my order was done I had been charged over $75.00 on my Debit Card for a total of 5 Wallets!! (who the *** needs 5 wallets)?!? It doesnt let you confirm or see your final order!!… What a Rip Off!! I ordered my Wallets in Mid December of 2017 I finally got a notice in the mail that they were back ordered and would be shipped ASAP I got the notice MID MARCH of 2017… but it also said I wouldn't be charged until they shipped WRONG AGAIN!! i was charged!! I called and practically had to jump thru hoops to get my money back All I wanted was the original order of just 2 and finally they agreed to correct my order and give me credit! Believe it or not I got my 2 wallets just a couple of days later and HOW CHEAP WERE THEY?!?! the Silver “aluminum” outer cover was attached with double sided tape! One of the wallets arrived with it off of the Cheap Plastic Case!! My Advise?? DO NOT BUY!! And if you already have?? GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!

• Ms
    MsKL Mar 28, 2011

I purchased two aluma wallets and received them today. They are not as advertised.The card holders are cheap plastic and come apart, the cards do not fit properly in the plastic holders and once closed, it was hard to open. Not the one finger flip open as shown on TV. I called the customer service dept 800-777-4034 and was told that the one shown on TV is the deluxe model and the one I ordered was cheaper version. I was not told about the deluxe version and the cheaper version or the differences between the two and wanted to send it back. She wanted to take $5.00 off my order if I kept the wallets. I'm sending both back at my expense, of course. I will never purchase anything from Telebrands again.

• Dk
    Dkt295 Mar 28, 2011

Poor quality and misleading on online order. Charged with shipping and has been overcharged.. On TV and online - it stated free shipping and order one and get one free. Did not get that - I was charged for four of the wallets plus shipping. Very misleading and the quality are very poor. Cheap plastic and made in China which very typical... Very disappointed and want money back... Waiting for two months and it came today. I even sent back a post card to refuse the order. That did not happened instead I was charged and shipped to me. I could found it at Walmart for something similar. Want money back!!!

• Mu
    Musicseawater May 09, 2011

I went on the Alumna Wallet official site two months ago, thinking about purchasing their product. After filling out the information form I decided NOT to purchase something so hard after all and immediately deleted all my information from that page.

Luckily for me, I was looking over my online banking account today, so I saw a hold on $22.62 that I had no idea why it was there or who it was from. After calling the bank and being told it was Alumna Wallet, I called them to complain, explaining I had never submitted the purchase in the first place!

After trying to tell me my order had already shipped (which I new wasn't true)I disagreed with the sale rep who then offered me a $5.00 discount towards my bill.

Again I declined, being so angry that these thieves "happened" upon my information two months after the fact and took it upon themselves to ship their crap out to me regardless of the fact I didn't want it anyway.

Bottom line is "Stay away from this company" and any company like it! They also sell The Green/organic pot and pan sets and other items. Yes, I was lucky enough to stop them in time, but more and more I'm finding these online companies to be fly-by-night types that will DO ANYTHING to get your money!

• La
    Ladydianna69 May 24, 2011

I ordered the aluma wallet about three months ago i was told it was on backorder and that when they got it they would ship it..well it has been three months now and i get a card in the mail telling me that my order has been cancelled..i think that if the wallets r on back order that they should stop showing the add on tv..i see the add about five times a day depending on what chanel i'm on... i also think that after this long of time that they should send the wallets free of charge...

• El
    ElBan May 26, 2011

I ordered the Alumma walet, and after getting them, they are a cheap piece of junk.I paid almost $30 dollars for 2 wallets from them that broke when we first opened them. The latch broke the first time my daughter used it, and it ruined the gift I had planned for Mothers Day! Do not but this piece of crap! The commercial showing it being run over by a car tire is not represenative of the product. My daughter broke it by just opening it for her Mom! BBW! I would suggest that you not buy this, as I am calling the manufacturer for my money back!

• Xn
    xnouveauxx Jun 07, 2011

Patent Pending Chinese Junk...I am so embarrassed I actually fell for this one...So many companies are coming up with some idea, contacting one of the plethora of sweatshops operating in China, having an item made for pennies on the dollar...selling for a healthy profit...making returns difficult and closing business after 12 months and pocketing 100 grand or more in profit...In two years, they will be open under a different company name selling another "patent pending" product made in China and the cycle will continue

• Ad
    Adolfo Gonzalez Sep 05, 2011

Why the Consumer Report Office do not interact with these cheating offers
    ALUMA WALLETS

Unauthorized product delivery

HI

A couple of months ago I did try to buy 1 Aluma Wallet as advertized on TV
I did try three times and the systems never confirmed the order
So I decide to no buy the item, based that I never got a confirmation from the site I thought this was cancelled automatically.

TO my surprise I got three items and a charge of $ 80 box to me credit card on 3/9/2011

THe reference order numbers that I did not receive onlineo email confirmation are
[protected]
[protected]

My personal data is

Jose Ayala
Urb Francisco Oller
Principal Street B2
Bayamon PR 0095

Trying to contact their customer service number is almost imposible
Also they dont have an email to compalint or contact them

I believe the non confirmation from their page is in purpose to geenrate sales
They never email me any notification for the order nor any advice of not confirming the order

Please proceeed to investigate this apparent scam to double order without the aproval of the end customer

• In
    Industructable-my-ass Apr 04, 2011

Product is JUNK.
    Sides (BOTH) fell off in first 5 minutes. Sides are held to cheap plastic core with double stick tape.
    Worthless to attempt to return because company won't reimburse for shipping, which is 2x the value of the wallet.

• Je
    Jen V Andrango Apr 23, 2011

Hello my name is Jen,
    I also bought into this scam, I ordered the wallet believing i was getting 2 wallets for the price of one, while attempting to place order, right before confirmation of order it disappeared from the screen, that was right after my credit card inforamation was taken, i was pissed, so i also tried to order from their phone lines the automated system kept going around in circles, so i waited to verify my order throught their 48 hour confirmation channels, the order did not exist, this was back in Novemeber 2010, i received 2 cards, 2 different order numbers for delivery in February 2, 2011, i had the option to cancel so i did because i thought this was unusual after not recieving any confirmation numbers, on March 9, 2011 money was taken out of my account for the 2 orders $43.96 & 23.98 they shipped the wallets, i promptly returned them to
    date they refunded me 10.00, for an order that was cancelled in plenty of time i just called them today they affirm that they have not received the 2nd return, my beef is i cancelled in plenty of time on their
    stationary(post card) with address printed on the front from them therefore order cancelled, there should be a full refund of all monies taken out of account, these wallets are not worth the money, you can do better
    with aluminum foil to protect your credit cards, im not kidding i notified their customer service of an inpending ivestigation and law suit if my account is not credited the full amount.

• Bl
    bluebox42 May 05, 2011

Absoulutely do I agree. When you go to order they take your credit card information, there is no back button or way to cancel the order. I have now been charged 22.97 and 38.95, all I wanted was one wallet. You cannot get through on their phone lines. My credit card company has now had to help me to get this return going. ugh... It is still not resolved, I have to wait to receive the other 4 unwanted cheap wallets, and send them back. Hopefully I will get my refund. This wallet is something that you would buy at the dollar store, and I imagine that is will they will be selling them eventually.

jaa_ayala May 05, 2011

The same situation happenned to me. i suggest get in touch with thet bank issuing the credit card iand insist to get full credit, theyt can do it; my bank did it

Send a letter with same information you presented here/

Also palce a complaint to the FTC, since this is inter satte transaction thet have jurisdiction on this cases/

Remember is not Aluma Wallet is the compant behind them, they are the ones behind the scam thay are makinga lot of money

Scam

PISSED CUSTOMERScam first my card number magically vanished while ordering so I was prompted to start over .then I got through my order and my buy one get one billed out at 59.98 so after (5) calls and repeatedly told that my order hasnt posted yet so call back tomarrow this has SCAM writted all over it buyers beware. what looks like an ok deal isnt they also said they would put a hold on mt order so it could be changed but now noone knows any thing about my order. the bad thing is you never talk to the same person.

• De
    Deanita Mar 31, 2011

Beware of any website that requires your credit card info prior to allowing you access to the site. I ordered the tv special for one wallet at 10.99, get one free. I accepted the offer to upgrade the wallets for 4.95 each in order to get free shipping. I was expecting to then go to a page that summarized the transaction. Instead, the next page was the confirmation page that showed I was being charged for both wallets ($21.98), a whole bunch for shipping and handling and tax. The total amount was more than $47! I tried to call, but the telephone site was completely automated. I tried to email but that did not work either. I really think that this website is a deliberate scam. I have not yet recieved the wallets, but based on the fraudulent website I don't expect to get a quality product if it comes. Someone needs to report this to the authorities.

• He
    hebesgirl52 May 21, 2011

I got one of these in red at the hess gas station convenience store in Linden, NJ. it came in one of those hard plastic covers. its good enough for me. $10 no shipping cost. I fit all my cards including my drivers license fit perfectly. its very convenient for when I have to access my id cards quickly. I still keep another wallet with me for my papers and money. I think maybe you can also fit two bills in there too for emergency.

• Ph
    PhePhe Jun 01, 2011

yes, the same thing happened to me. I thought I was taking advantage of the offer to get one wallet plus the additional free one but that was not the case. I placed an order and before I could get to the screen where you visibly see what you are paying for the screen goes blank, then a confirmation page pops up with no price and no total so when you attempt to move to the next screen a total is there that is not remotley close to the price that it states it is; hince the $10.99. I finally got the wallets in the mail and instead of the two I thought I was getting, there are 4 wallets in the box! And to make it all worse you cant even fit everything the infomercial tries to say you can in there. The seperations are paper thin and I had to leave some cards out for it to close. NOT SATISFIED!!!

• Ru
    Russell41 Jul 31, 2011

I was ordering one online and after going through the voice automated system, they asked if I wanted a 2nd one. The ad clearly said the 2nd was FREE and so, did they mean a 2nd set or were they going to charge me for a 2nd and GIVE me 4?? Unable to get a human, I hung up, thus canceling my order. Guess what? They sent me two boxes and charged my Credit card almost $50.00. I am going to dispute the charge and Return the items. Return to Sender. I did not open the item. It was their mistake, not mine and I will not pay a penny to a company that is clearly out to scam people!

Aluma Wallet overcharged me

I thought I ordered 2 Aluma Wallets and was charged for 4. I tried to log out of the site and ordered again, so now I don't know how many I'm getting or how many I'll be charged for.

I feel this is a total scam and should be taken off TV and the internet.

I wish I would have read the other complaints before I tried to order on line.

When I tried to back out of the web site, it wouldn't let me do that.

Please take this off the market! Unhappy in Iowa.

no customer service

Chef Basket, doubled order (buy one get one) plus knife ...free shipping for the first basket with $6.99 processing fee for both the second basket and the knife. During order it asks for upgrade to better quality stainless steel for about $5... that's fine with me, click yes ... it added the UPGRADE PLUS THE ORIGINAL ORDER for double order, plus processing fees on top of it all. I do not need nor want 4 chef baskets!!! Call customer service... order did not go thru yet, they tell me to call back the next day. Next day, order still not gone thru. Three days later, customer service is down for maintenance ("sorry for inconvenience"). Call back later and the office is closed ..."call back monday." Try to fix it on line...NO customer service email. Change the order..."0" number of products ordered and it still asks for the credit number. Punch "0" operator and the voice says "sorry, I do not understand that command."

Don't buy

My dog will not stop shaking. We are considering taking him to the emergency vet. Do not buy this product. It is dangerous to your dog's health. My dog will not stop shaking. We are considering taking him to the emergency vet. Do not buy this product. It is dangerous to your dog's health. My dog will not stop shaking. We are considering taking him to the emergency vet. Do not buy this product. It is dangerous to your dog's health. My dog will not stop shaking. We are considering taking him to the emergency vet. Do not buy this product. It is dangerous to your dog's health.

Order pricing scam

Telebrand uses extremely poor business tactics. I started ordering Robostir @ $10.00 agreed to a $9.95...

Chef Basket

As per a television commercial which was advertising a 'Chef's Basket' or a collapsible insert...

Over all poor!

Ordered a Chef basket Deluxe for a christmas gift as someone wanted it. Ordering was vague and confusing even for your more experienced shoppers, order confirmation was vague and included no confirmation number. You can go to contact us link and then another link and enter your phone number to 'Track" your order which just gives you a automated message saying that due to popular demand your order will ship with in 15 days...which you get from day one way past day 15! They delay the shipping as part of the scam so that when you get it, you can"t really return it with in 30days even if you wanted to pay return shipping. So I called customer service to cancel my order. The first guy could not hear me, all though he conveintly repeated himself that he coudl not hear me after I was done speaking. sigh... So i called back again and apparently my phone was working. This time I got an inept Robert Who before asking my problem asked me 3 times for my address and phone number and put me on hold to look up my order. I told him flat out I wanted to cancel my order as it would not ship in time for christmas he offered me $5 off my order, I said no. then He tried again I said I just want to cancel my order cause it wont ship in time he said ok CAN I ASK WHY YOU WANT TO CANCEL!! so irritating he obviously has a call script and can not handle much more. sigh. At least when you cancel they give you a cancelation # we"ll see hopfully the cancel goes smoothly! I say wait until it comes out instores.

• Sm
    smccutcheon Jan 19, 2011

I also had issues with the deceptive practice outlined here. I ordered the ChefBasket online 11/28/10, DID NOT HAVE THE OPTION TO CANCEL MY ORDER after I entered my credit card info and saw the total of $50.95. I received a card from Telebrands yesterday stating my item is on backorder and anticipated to be shipped within the next 30 days. “Your card will not be charged until the merchandise is shipped.” “However; should you wish to cancel this item, simply sign the box below and return this postage paid card to us.” Fairfield, NJ address on card. I checked my online bank account today and the $50.95 was debited out of my account today! I called the number listed on my bank transaction: 800.777.4034, spoke with CSR that told me my order was in process but has not shipped and insisted she could not cancel the order and I would have to return item upon receipt for refund. I pulled up the IC3 internet crime complaint website while on the phone and started filling out the report while insisting that I speak to a supervisor. CSR repeatedly told me her super was on another call. I advised her of my IC3 Complaint process and would hold for the super. Finally spoke with supervisor and did get a verbal promise, with confirmation#, for a full refund to my account in 7-10 days. She was in their California office. I have copied my “cancel order” card and mailed it to Telebrands for safe measure! I will buy my ChefBasket at Walgreens once my refund is posted to my bank account

WRONG BOOKING OF ORDER/DIFFERING RATES FROM TV ADS.

TOOK ORDER 4 AIR LAUNGER UNDER CREDIT CARD SCHEME BY SUBIN WITH DIFFERING RATES FROM TV ADS. DELIVERED IN WRONG MODE, COULD NOT BE COLLECTED.TELECOUNTER REPS. REPLY STINKINGLY & INDICATES LAGGING SYSTEM KNOWLEDGE, SOLUTION OFFER.

REQUESTED TO LOOK INTO THE MATTER.

SCAM

I saw the cute commercial on TV for Crazy Critters and also the price showed buy 2 for $10.00 and pay $6.99 for shipping. Went to their website and they get you on the very 1st page by taking your credit card information and billing information. You are tricked right here as they place your order before you have a chance to proceed and see your order total and shipping charges. The box on the next page automatically places an order for 2 of these items unless you happen to change it which there is really no explanation of what you are ordering. Anyway, it asks you to add on additional items as you are trying to get to the "CHECKOUT PAGE" AND SUBMIT YOUR ORDER LIKE SCRUPULOUS COMPANIES DO. Once I saw the outrageous shipping charge of $30.00 + I exited out of the page. Unfortunately, I went back in a second time to try and see how to buy these things at the cost advertised on TV and changed the order total this time to 1 item and saw a shipping charge of $23.98 for this and once again exited out and never completed my order, SO I THOUGHT! The next business day, I have 2 charges on my credit card from Telebrands and when I called them they said there was nothing they could do as they already shipped the orders and all I could get back by returning them would be the price MINUS SHIPPING. That amounts to $30.00 of the TOTAL $85.00 processed on my credit card. BUYER BEWARE, DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY ON-LINE AND DO NOT PROVIDE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION ON THE 1ST PAGE OR YOU WILL BE CHARGED AND YOU ARE STUCK WITH THE CONSEQUENCES!

Jo Nell Costello Mar 31, 2011

I made the mistake of ordering a Ped Egg from the Telebrands website. Somewhere in the purchase process, there was an offer for a pair of silver and garnet earrings for the "shipping and handling" price of $6.99. I don't remember agreeing to it, but several weeks later, I received a package with silver and garnet earrings and a silver and garnet pendant. Telebrands charaged my credit card $39.00 for the pendant that I did not order, plus $13.98 for the "shipping and handling" for each item. I sent it all back after speaking to Telebrands on the phone. They claimed that I agreed to get addtional and future jewelry shipments, which I did not. Now they refunded the $39.99 for the pendant, but kept the $13.98 for shipping and handling. So, I am out that money and have not earrings. They are crooks, so don't buy anything from Telebrands online, or they will illegally charge your credit card for items that you did not buy.

Madmad12 May 02, 2011

We wanted 10.99 black one and then we get i free one i placed the order then it didnt tell me the price until the end which was $113 Do Not Buy anything from tele brands!!! we are ver pissed with this offer it is a huge scam do not buy from this! they will double the price! i am very pissed!

• Ab
    abeautifullie55 Jun 17, 2011

The same thing happened to me too! When I called their customer service I was told that as soon as they have your credit card info the order is placed automatically. I did a 'refused delivery' on the packages and am still waiting for my refund. I will NEVER go on one of their sites ever again and I will discourage anyone from buying a Telebrand product! The way they place orders without confirmation is totally unfair to the customer...

• Ji
    Jim Meddings Apr 07, 2014

I ordered the Hurricane Spin Mop from Tele Brand and used my debit card. The same day I received conformation that the my card was charged and the mop was being shipped three charges unauthorized charges were made on my card. They were all made in the area of California where the mop was shipped from. I tried to contact Tele Brands about this but they refuse to acknowledge someone in their company is a thief. All I could do was file a complaint with my Attorney Generals Office and hope they deal with it. I am sure I am not the only person who had their information stolen.