Superior Protection Services Logo

Superior Protection Services

Having problems with Superior Protection Services?

+1 888 875 5240 (Head Office)
+1 562 790 8993 (Los Angeles)
+1 623 251 6056 (Phoenix)
2310 Paseo Del Prado Ste A206

Phoenix
5333 N 7th St № B-105, Phoenix, AZ 85014

Tucson
2455 E. Speedway Blvd № 201, Tucson, Arizona 85716

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Superior Protection Services.

Complaints & Reviews

Superior Protection ServicesExtended warranty

Refuses clearly stated covered parts in contract. Mechanics have called and have told us the superior agents have said yeah, it should be covered but it's not because of corrosion/rust.
Our brake lines and junction box, among other things, have failed while driving, and they have refused to cover the repairs, as stated in the covered parts. Nothing in the exclusions section of the contract.
Car was being driven by my husband and our 3-year old when the brakes went out. But, superior says it's corrosion/rust, and if it was a mechanical failure, they'd pay for it.
The rear brakes were done in march 2020, our state inspection was in august 2020. Nothing at all mentioned.

• Vs
      VSC Verax Oct 07, 2020

I am an expert in the vehicle service contract industry and I think I can help you. First, I think your timing is good because the Massachusetts Attorney General just filed suit against Credit Acceptance Corp. (CAC) for unfair trade practices, including its involvement in the sale of its own vehicle service contract (VSC) program -- Superior Protection Plan -- through dealers to consumers (like you). If you live in Mass. contact the AG, if not, I'm sure your not the first person in your state to experience the same or similar problems with CAC and its VSC program.

By way of background, it is my understanding that CAC uses two "providers" (i.e., the party contractually obligated party to the consumer under the VSC to pay for all repairs), First Automotive/Dealers Alliance Corporation and Wynn's. I am much more familiar with CAC's First Automotive/Dealers Alliance program. Under that program, all loss reserves dollars (the money used to pay claims) are funded into a "reinsurance" company (known as VSC Reinsurance Company) which is 100% owned by CAC. This means that CAC keeps all profits from the sale of its VSCs after the contracts expire; therefore, it's easy to see the conflict of interest created when your lender -- CAC -- is also the party responsible for paying for all your repairs while hiding behind First Automotive/Dealers Alliance.

If your legitimate claim has been denied or not paid within 60 days, the contract tells you that you can file a claim directly with the insurer of your VSC. In the case of a First Automotive/Dealers Alliance contract, the insurer is Dealers Assurance Company (DAC) which just so happens to be owned by (Dealers Alliance Corporation) and affiliated with (First Automotive Service Corp.), as the administrator of your VSC Be sure to send all your info to the Ohio address of DAC and then raise hell with them about all of the deceptive and unfair trade practices and unfair claims handing of all parties. What you may find frustrating is that you will probably be dealing with all the same people (because they are all related).

If you still don't get the relief you want, then file a brief letter of complaint (and your other info) with the Attorney General's Office and Department of Insurance in your state. Your complaint to the AG should be filed against CAC, First Automotive/Dealers Alliance and DAC Your complaint to the Department of Insurance should be filed against DAC and First Automotive/Dealers Alliance. DAC may say you have to go to arbitration but you don't -- just keep raising hell (about deceptive trade practices and unfair claims handling) and you will get paid. In the car business, the squeaky wheel always gets the grease.

I hope this was helpful. If you have any more questions, please post them here. Also, it would be very helpful if you could post a copy of your VSC (after you mark out your contract number, name and address - but don't mark out your city and state). This information will help me better understand any additional options you may have. Good luck!

Aug 26, 2019

Superior Protection Services — auto warranty

I wish I had read these reviews before buying from Cascade Auto and financing through Credit Acceptance...

Aug 26, 2019

Superior Protection Services — hybrid battery not covered under warranty

This is a poor excuse for a warranty company just got off the phone with dealership and they said my 2010...

Jan 16, 2019

Superior Protection Plan — service I received on phone call

Rep was very rude used words like running out of patience with me after i informed him i was new and was only...

Jul 22, 2018

Superior Protection Services — extended warranty

My truck took almost 6 weeks. Problem was a bad fuel pump and knocking engine. A private mechanic, and also...

Superior Protection Plan — Vehicle service contract

Head gaskets clearly blown on my 2002 Ford F150. Roughly $1900 just for the tear down which I had to OK so...

Superior Protection Plan — Misleading plan, terrible customer service

I work for a used car lot who sold service contracts for this company, or should i say used to. We are unable...

Superior Protection Plan — big ripoff

i'm buying a 2003 ford escape back in june of 06 june of 2014 took the vehicle to get it looked at there...

Superior Protection Plan — fuel pump

My fuel pump went on my 2006 dodge durango, it was a problem that was suppose to be fixed. I have found out...

Superior Protection Plan — superior protection plan is a scam

superior protection plan is a huge scam. I advise any of you who are thinking about investing in this auto...