Complaints & Reviews

Resolved United Law Group is Brookstone Law

I have been struggling for the last couple of years to keep my home, I catch up and fall behind again on my...

No action taken

United Law Group electrincaly transfered $3, 500.00 from my checking account for fees to complete a mortgage loan modification. I was able to contact their representatives and receieved regular calls from them until they received all up front fees. After that time I was unable to get in contact with anyone and never receieved a return call.

No action was ever taken by United Law Group. My lenders were never contacted by anyone representing United Law Group.

If there is anyone who has information on action that can be taken against this law firm or has elpful information about actions against United Law Group, you can contact me at [email protected]

• Ni
    Nita Crump Nov 12, 2010

United Law Group INC. has took 1, 750.00 from me over 2 years ago and I have got nothing out of them they will not answer my phone call or my fax. Is there any thing that can be done about this it is not right of them to do this. Action needs to be took against United Law Group INC.

Resolved Fraud

My wife and I took the time off from work to drive down to ULG to find out about our case since they...

failure to perform service

Solicited by phone an offer to modify home loan from Bank of America.
This was in may of 2009. Paid them in two payments to a total sum of 5300.
For this amount they claimed We had access to an lawyer and large group of Para-legals well versed in lawsuits against BofA.
After months of telling us BofA was not returning calls and not working with them, they told us the funds were gone and that we could file with them for Bankuptcy for an additional 3, 000.00. We declined their offer. they also stated that we would be included in lawsuit against BofA as a class action client.(at no Additional cost)
BofA has never heard of ULG in our case unless the information came from us. there are no leters, no notes, most important no certified mail sent on our behalf to BofA. ULG sat a on our money cashed the checks and did noting nor can they prove they have done anything.
We are not on the lawsuit and from what we have seen all ULG has done is file a COMPLIANT against Bofa and Countrywide, not filed a lawsuit. We are about to be forclosed on by BofA, and they do not want to do any modify's anyway because there is no money in it for them. The US Government already gave it to them, no strings attached.
United law group took our last amount of money and like a pickpocket walked off down the street not looking back! BofA wants their Property and all the govenment handouts! So they can resaell the house again.
All backed by the national and state governments.

warrentx2 Jul 13, 2010

On 6/30/2010 United Law Group filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in Central CA case number 8:10-bk-18945-RK. Chapter 11 lets them file a plan and reorganize. You must file a Proof of Claim against their case to get your claim for refund on the case. You could go to the CACB court office nearest you, see http://www.cacb.uscourts.gov for office locations or mail it to the clerk.

The CDCA page that offers some help is here at #10 "What Do I Do if an Individual or Business Filed for Bankruptcy and Owes Me Money?":

In summary
    Download and fill out Form 10 Proof of Claim (see (1)). Be sure and ref the name United Law Group and case number 8:10-bk-18945-RK

Might want to Google: how to file a proof of claim in bankruptcy "pro se"
    for more info and examples. Several courts have "Creditors proceeding Pro Se" pages.

Resolved no calls no action

My brother is in a mess with bank of america. He ahas been fighting with them for 6 months about his HELOC loan. He recently hired United Law GRoup to represent him. He paid them$ 2500.00. They DO NOT return phone calls and DID NOT show up in court even tho they were well aware of the date.They have done nothing to remodify the loan. There is another court date on june 22nd .They still have not filed a motion on my brothers behalf or worked with bank of america to re modify the loan. MY brother is hardworking and is dislexic.HE is going to lose his home on June 22nd for 2 missed payments on a HELOC! His reg. mortgage is up to date! STAY AWAY FROM THIS LAW FIRM!!! JUST MORE MONEY AND MORE HEADACHES!!!

Might want to Google: how to file a proof of claim in bankruptcy "pro se"

Will not provide services retained for

Several months ago my wife and I retained United Law Group to assist with securing a loan modification. Like several other people we got nothing. ULG was just resently raided by several agencys including the FBI. I have filed complaints with several agencys my self . None have came up with anything different. ULG is scamming people for a profit. A freind compared ULG and thier tactics to that of the movie Boiler room. I am trying to keep my house and am working with my lender directly agianst the advice of ULG. Hopefully I can save it. If not I will be moving my famialy into ULG's corparate office in Irvine Ca.

Resolved Bad business practices

There are no attorney's in any State except for California. They hire contracted attorney's in each...

Resolved Raided By the Authorities

Published: March 11, 2010 Updated: 7:27 p.m. Federal search warrants targets Irvine loan modification...

Resolved Missed Deadlines/ Is the REASON I am losing my House

I started with ULG in 2008, they charged $3500 upfront. Patricia stated they had modified 97% of the loan...

Resolved No results on my Case

It as been a year now and I haven't had any results on my case, its been over a month since I have not...

Resolved Took our money- now they cannot be reached-Lender has not heard from them, its been 4 months

We paid ULG $2200 in July 2009, they pushed to collect our money immediately. We sent in paper work and have...

Resolved This is a scam!!!

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY, AS AN EX-EMPLOYEE. TRUST ME I KNOW... Well let me first say that this place i...

Resolved will Not give me a refund

I have been dealing with this co. for 8 months now, they would not inform me of the situeation of my Loan Modification, and everytime I called they would tell me that they were just waiting on the Bank! These were all lies, My loan Modification was cancelled because they failed to submit documents that the bank was requesting. I always send them my documents right away. They did not inform me of this and now my house is up for sale from the Bank. I have requested a refund of 7, 000. and they keep telling me someone is going to get a hold of me. A week now and no one has called me, at one time they said that they had other prioritys and that a refund of my money was not a priority, they will not transfer me to their supervisor and they will not return my call. There is got to be a way to stop these thiefs!!!

• So
    Sofia111 Jun 25, 2009

United Law Group saved my home. They didn't promise the the world. They are a law firm, not miracle workers. If you hire an attorney to sue someone there's no guarantee that you'll win the judgement. Taht doesn't mean the firm isn't working. It took 8 months. 5 months longer than I expected. But they worked at it and it paid off. United Law Group is a good firm.

• La
    Lakeshore Law Center Sep 05, 2009

United Law Group has been sued in California in a national class action. Read the complaint here.

• Sc
    SC1222 Sep 22, 2009

This law group is in way over thier heads with the loan modification business they have taken on. What may have seemed like the next goldmine revenue stream for ULG in 2008, has now blown-up on them because all banks are currently standing-off on making any loan mods...afterall, these banks will lose money if they do, and just as the economy is showing signs of recovery...the banks will not budge at this point...the opportunity to legitimately have a loan mod done under any circumstances dried-up in late 2008 early 2009.

The customer support for ULG loan mod customers has now degenerated to a brisk phantom "hang-up" after passing through the bogus menu options...if you want any kind of closure to your business with ULG, your only resort is to drive down to the office and politely, persistently demand to see your negotiator or a customer care manager...

I am in the same spot most are on this site 9 months and a refusal came back from my bank in July...I have not heard from them since. Mission impossible attempts to reach them by phone has yeilded a very low success rate, and when I do get through, I get a promise for a call back, or a canned response aimed at freeing the phoneline as quickly as possible.

The documents we all signed to get into this basically states that, ULG really never promised ANY results, and that we as consumers were proceeding at our own risk...there will be no refunds, just hard lessons learned.

• Ba
    BAnks are the Problem Mar 17, 2010

It shows nothing.. they use all these multiple government agencies as a SCARE TACTIC!! ICE was there?? C'mon is this some Drug Cartel that they have to bring 10 different agencies into a "Business" in Irvine with there guns drawn?? I heard they where pointing there hand guns in the faces of female employees.. I mean C'mon! This is Ridiculous!

How many people in jail are mad at there attorneys and want a refund?? Everyone has to remeber that ULG didnt sign your loan documents with the bank as a personal gurantee to get your home. WE DID! So we want to blame everyone as to whos problem it is and as a last attempt we hire a LAW FIRM for $1750 to try and get us out of the mess we put ourselves into. As well as not making payments on the home which we live in for over 10 months?? Everyone has to pay rent? What gives us the right not to pay ANYTHING for the home we live in then place ALL our blame on ONE LAW FIRM hat we tried to use to get us some more time in our house FOR FREE!! ITS TIME TO WAKE UP AND LOOK AT THE REAL PROBLEM and thats the banks!!!

Resolved misrepresentation

All of the characters - amusing. What isn't funny- that schmucks can sleep at night. UPDATE- United Law...

Resolved loan modification scam

This firm, headed by Atty Sean Alan Rutledge, collected upfront fee of $5, 000.00 for loan modification service offered in Oct. 2008 and we almost lost our home on May 5, 2009 after knowing about 3 days prior to the said sale date that our home property sale date can not be settled until we subject to repayment plan with the lender, Indy mac bank.

We have learned only on May 4, 2009 from the lender themselves that there was not at all loan modification filed on our property by the ULG firm and that we need to settle quickly to save our home. All along the firm's negotiating team, who are the only people we were able to speak despite my repeated demand to speak to this Atty. Rutledge, were really doing their job for what they are hired for and even asked us not to communicate ever with the lenders as we were being represented by the firm and to send all documents that these lenders were sending us and they will take care of it. They specifically convinced us that that was their job and that they will fight for you. Unfortunately, nothing have been done as no loan modification was ever filed to the lenders.

We opted to the repayment plan but ULG has never heard of since May 4, 2009 despite the calls and emails after calls and emails attempted.

Please help us with this scam and hoping to recover the lost amount of $5, 000.00 .

We were later notified that there were more people suffering similarly what we went through. Hope this firm can be cited, reported to the Bar and DOJ for the wrong doing they are practicing.

Thank you AARP for your effort of helping people like us.

a of san jose, ca

• De
    DEMBCM Sep 04, 2009

I have the same exact story as you. They told us that all the foreclosure documents were scare tactics from our lender. When our home was published in the local newspaper through the Chancery Court for sale, they again told me that this was a scare tactic from the lender and that it was unlawful for our lender to sell our home. Well I am a county employee and decided to talk to the Chancery Clerk and she said the Notice of Sale was legal and that I should contact our lender and a lawyer ASAP! Her mouth dropped when I explained everything ULG told us.

My husband called our lender to see if there was anything we could work out with them and in about 30 minutes he was pre-approved for a Loan Modification. They said that the underwriters would take a look at it and contact us. But I am still worried that I will lose my home. I am not sure if this process will stop the sale of my home, which is scheduled for Sept 24, 2009.

Can anyone please give me some advise? We are running out of time.

Resolved mortgage modification

I regret having jumped the gun and posting my complaint against The United Law Group. After speaking with...

Resolved Scam

Hello All, I would like to go on record saying that this has been the worst experience ever; We to have...

Resolved I would of killed myself if it wasnt for United Law group

If it wasnt for united law group my life would of been over. I would of shot myself in the head and left my family the insurance money. Thank God for United Law Group!

• Bj
    bjay Mar 06, 2009

United law Group saves Lives...

• Am
    amah May 22, 2009

United Law Group destroys innocent lives

• Tp
    TP0201 Jun 01, 2009

bjay, you are a ###, obviously working at ULG. What a stupid post.

• La
    Lakeshore Law Center Sep 05, 2009

• El
    Elliot2409 Sep 19, 2009

PLEASE< PLEASE< PLEASE save yourself the heartache and emotional stress and money and do not use them and tell everyone you can. They said they would only take our case is "they knew they could win" My wife and 18 month old are having to find a place to live. We were desperate like so many others and have been scammed. We are losing our home. No updated info from ULG since FEB 09, we started the process in DEC of 08' and it is now sept 09 and we have a court date in Nov. Come to find out we need to hire one of their attorneys to help us. We were also told in the beginning we have an attorney. A class action Law Suit must be filed to shut them down.
    Nothing is more hurtful than looking into your wife and child's eyes and feeling like you failed them
    I posted somewhere else in greater detail. I am posting everywhere I can against this company

• Ro
    [email protected]@! Oct 04, 2009

Write to Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly we all must be heard we have all the same stories so were not all nuts!!! Please please write to them we all must do this the are scam artists!!!

• He
    HERMAN WILLIAMS Aug 21, 2011

IHERMAN AND SHIRLEY WENT THOUGH THE SAME THING THEY TAKE OUR LIVE SAVE AND DIDNT DO ANYTHING FOR US WE LOST OUR HOUSE MY HUSAND HAVE GO IN THE HOPISTAL BEHIND THAT THEY WOULDNT ANSWER MY PHONE

• He
    HERMAN WILLIAMS Aug 21, 2011

LIKE I SAY THEY WOULD ANSWER OURS PHONE CALLED BACK TO LET US KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH OUR CASE WITH THEM WE HAVE TO END UP RENT AHOUSE

Resolved scam artists

this company solicted 2500.00 from me promising to do a loan modification. needless to say 5 months later...