Super 8 Windhampoor service, disruptive guest

L Apr 15, 2019

On Wednesday, March 20th I stayed at the Super 8 Wyndam in Innisfail, Alberta on my way to a meeting in Red Deer. The check-in was fine. Although my room was below satisfactory and not overly clean, my complaint is regarding another guest whose disruptive and egregious behavior caused me to be awake and bothered for several hours.
At approximately 10:30 p.m. I was awoken by the lady directly across the hall from me. She was standing in the hallway yelling and screaming at the front desk staff because she was unable to dial out on her phone. Our rooms were quite a way from the main lobby and so her shouting was very disruptive. She then proceeded to go in her room and phone the front desk, swearing profusely, alternating between screaming down the hall and yelling from inside her room. This went on for about half an hour until finally the front desk staff came to her room to try and calm her down. After he left, she continued her rant of vulgarity, saying she was raped in front of the hotel by the RCMP, saying she was going to sue the hotel and local law enforcement.
At approximately 11:15 p.m. she knocked on my door, asking to help her phone out. She was crying and kept knocking however, I did not answer the door. She then knocked on the door beside mine and when a gentleman opened the door, she proceeded to ask him for beer and if his wife was with him. When he closed the door on her, she came back to my door and continued knocking. It was at that time that I phoned the front desk and encouraged them to call the RCMP as her disruptive behavior did not stop. They told me they would move me to a different room. This was not a satisfactory resolution as expecting me to pack up and change rooms at midnight was very unreasonable. She should have been removed from the hotel.
At approximately 1:00 a.m. I was woken again to the sounds of her yelling and slamming her door after she had either gone out for food or had it delivered.
The next morning I expressed my concerns to the front desk staff. She told me she would leave a message for the owner of the hotel to call me. He never called me back and so two days later I called him, expressed my disappointment in the stay, and asked for a refund. He would not give me a refund stating that they had offered to switch my room instead. When I mentioned that I had suggested them calling the RCMP, they said that it was the RCMP who had brought this llady to the hotel in the first place!
I filed a complaint with Super 8 when I received an email asking for feedback. I got an email back from the Reviews Manager which I have pasted below:

Dear Leah,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Super 8 by Wyndham Innisfail. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Your feedback is very important to us, but in reviewing this situation it was documented that staff offered to move you to a different room, so the owner stands by his conversation with you that he can not refund your stay. Here at Super 8, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations.

Sincerely,
Elaine Williams
Reviews Manager
Super 8 Innisfail
[protected]@gmail.com
[protected]

It is very disappointing that there was no responsibility taken from the hotel or Reviews Manager. This is a terrible reputation for Super 8 to have and I will not stay there ever again. I would expect a refund due to the highly inappropriate nature of the evening from the actions of this guest.

Sincerely,