Having problems with Super 8?

Super 8 reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 20, 2006. The latest review Charged for smoking in a room was posted on Sep 21, 2021. The latest complaint room was resolved on Apr 23, 2019. Super 8 has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 531 reviews. Super 8 has resolved 26 complaints.

Super 8 Customer Service Contacts

22 Sylvan Way
Parsippany, New Jersey

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Super 8 Customer Service. Initial Super 8 complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Super 8 above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Super 8. Discuss the issues you have had with Super 8 and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Super 8 Complaints & Reviews, Page 8

Super 8 Worldwideunsanitary conditions

On September 24, 2018 I checked into the Super 8 hotel in Russellville, AR. I have always came to this locate when I'm in town for work so I was comfortable with them until this day. I reserved my room on my app for a non-smoking king bed. When I checked in was originally assigned to 206 and it reeked of smoke. I then went to the front desk and the young lady changed my room to 206. That room was infested with ants, so then the manager moved my room to 210. The room seemed to be okay to stay in until I got in the bed and all I can smell is urine. I got up and pulled the sheets off the bed and the pad was filled with urine and blood spots. I told the young lady that I want to speak with the manager right away. The manager came to the front counter as if he was mad that I was complaining about the room. At that point, I didn't want to try out another room at this location ever. This hotel need to be shut down because its disgusting and they shouldn't be allowed to rent rooms under those conditions.

Super 8 Worldwidedirty room, cockroaches

On 9/22/2918 We arrive at the motel 8
    1010 Outer Road
    San Diego, CA 92154
    [protected]
    Room #320 At: 1:59 A.M. the room was dirty, I call the office he send the security officer to give a blanket then I see a cockroaches around the sink. We was very tired, we wanted to rest. We left around 9:45 A.M I would like to ge a full refund of $90.15

Irene [protected]

dirty room, cockroaches
    dirty room, cockroaches

Super 8 Worldwidefront desk was very rude and unprofessional.

I recently stay at the super 8 at Forbes landing in topeka ks. Me and my boyfriend stayed for one night. We paid for our room using my card and paid a 50 deposit with cash. When I went to check out the desk clerk was very short with me commenting I wouldn't get my deposit back most likely and she was going to check the room. Once she got back she told me she would give my deposit back in full but I was to never co.e back to that hotel again and I was put on a do not rent list. When I asked what for all she said was "you know why." But I dont have any clue why she was so unprofessional and disrespectful. I wouldn't stay at her hotel again if I wasn't on the do not rent list. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else because you will be losing a lot of business if it does. I will be spreading the word about my experience at this hotel.

Súper 8 Motelroom theft

My husband was staing in the super 8 motel on, 131 Kern ST in Salinas CA on September 22, 2018 and all of his and nephews clothes and new shoes were stolen from his room 234. He talk to the front desk with no help from him. Then the front desk person call police on my husband because he told people coming in not to stay as they might get robbed. No manager on sight and no one to help with problem.

Super 8 BaldwinI am complaining about super 8 baldwin for over charging our stay. it charged our family twice for a single room for a night stay.

I am writing to dispute a charge by Super 8 hotel on May 27, 2018 in Wisconsin. Super 8 hotel charged our family twice for a single room and for a night stay . According to an invoice account# [protected], we reserved only room 127. We have that invoice with us. Also, we have an email's correspondence. In addition, we have written a Chase bank credit to notify our dispute.

Before we arrived at this stage of complaint, we tried to resolve our issue with Super 8 hotel directly but to no avail. We have tried to resolve this matter with Mr. Sanjay Chaudhary of Super 8 hotel but he always came up with his poor and confused reasons. We are disturbed by his actions and we are not satisfied with his responses. We are saddened and cannot believe that Mr. Chuadhary of Super 8 hotel mistreated our family this way. We have always chosen Super 8 hotel when we took our road trips. In the future, we will not choose Super 8 hotel until we resolve this issue.

With Mr. Sanjay Chaudhary's failure to refund our bank credit, we are asking you to thorough investigate this case. In the conclusion, we ask that Mr. Chaudhary and Super 8 hotel refund our credit. As stated above, we have the email's correspondence, a Baldwin's invoice and a letter to Chase bank's Headquarter in Chicago, Illinois 60603. If you are interested to have copies of these documents for your investigation, please contact us at my email: [protected]@yahoo.com.

We thank you in advance and looking forward to your hearing your response. We hope you will refund our credit.

Sincerely,

Soung San and Family

Super 8 Worldwideunprofessional manager

We stayed at the Super 8 in Carthage MO on September 12, 2018. We had made a reservation through AMAC and the motel refused to honor the discounted rateto refuse. When checking out in the morning I tried to ask the manager about it and he continued the discount. So I told him I would file a complaint against him and walked out. The manager proceeded to follow me onto the parking lot screaming and yelling chasing me across the parking lot. He then threatened to call the police on me. I told him to go ahead, he would be charged with threatening me. Stay away from this facility at all cost. They are rude and grossly unprofessional.

Super 8 Worldwidechecking inn

Red Deer downtown, try to check in @ 04.00 am, comming from the airport flight delayed, Bus delayed, close door, ring for service, woman comes and tell me behind glas not possible to sign in only after 0200 pm, so i have to wait 12 hrs to get a room ?
              She walks away, bad service, i think, open 24 hrs it says on your website, road trip tired and and bla bla bla

Anna R Grow Oct 03, 2018

I must thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this excellent website. I actually really hope to see the same high-grade content by you down the line as well. In truth, your creative writing skills have encouraged me to get my very own blog now. Good post!! I acknowledge with your article composing, here it's my first visit and I discovered awesome data here. Fantastic post. https://traditionessaysonline.com/

Super 8 Wyndham in Richfield Ohiooverall disgusting room and bugs

I arrived at the super 8 wyndham in richfield, oh on friday september 14. I explained to the check in person to use a different credit card to pay for my stay since the one that reserved the room was no longer good. I was billed on the other credit card causing my account to go overdraft making me pay an overdraft fee of $51. I specifically told the check in person not to bill that credit card. Secondly my room stung like bad dog and cigarettes causing my asthma to kick into full overload. The carpeting and one of the bedding was stained. The room only was supplied with 3 towels no wash clothes. I found two black bugs in the bathroom on two seperate days that I stayed there not sure what kind of bugs those were but if I brought them home - believe me when I tell you - your company will be getting the extermination bill... There was supposed to be breakfast provided but I do not call toast and coffee (and bad coffee) a breakfast... I have gone to my bank and have asked them to investigate this since I specifically told the girl not to bill that debit card it was booked under. I will make sure no one ever stays - ever again at that hotel it was disgusting... I would at least like to have a refund of the overdraft your hotel has caused... I will never stay at one of your hotels ever again. Thank you theresa fulmer [protected] or [protected]@yahoo.com

Super 8 Regina, Saskatcewan, Canada$500 unauthorized credit card charge

We have stayed at a Super 8 hotel in Regina on September 15.2018. We have made our reservation through Hotels.com and paid for our stay once we have checked in. On September 16.2018 me, and my two sons went down for breakfast, got our bags and checked out, never even thinking that we'll have such a negative experience. On Sunday, September 16. 2018. I have received an e-mail from the bank stating that my credit card was charged $500 by Super 8 Regina. I have phoned the hotel and find out that they are causing me go damaging the TV. I have been phoning the hotel whole day Monday, Sept.17.2018. trying to talk to the hotel manager. Every time I called the receptionist gave me a different answer about the managers whereabouts. I have left a message with my contact number but he has never returned my call.
                  I would like to inform you that we never even touched the TV or got near it. I am ready to confirm that in the presence of the police if needed. I have witnesses as well. I don't want to pay for something that I am not responsible for. We have also contacted the authorities and told them about the situation and where it happened. I have received an e-mail from Hotels.com to rate your hotel and I will share my story, not only on their website but social media as well. We have never experienced such a terrible situation where we were robbed by the hotel that we have stayed in. We really hope to resolve this situation and get our refund.
                  Thank you, and hope to hear from you soon.
                  Mirko Dulic

• Yu
                      Yuck! Black Mold! Sep 18, 2018

Stayed at the Fredericksburg, VA Super 8. Black mold grows on the w-h-o-l-e ceiling. Bad, bad, bad!

Super 8 Atlanta GA/Jonesboronasty dirty room and horrible customer service

Room was nasty I'm pretty sure the bugs I saw were bed bugs and to top it off it smelled like an ashtray. Oh but if you want a non smoking room your gonna have to pay an extra 100 dollars. When we complained to front desk they pretty much said we were SOL. They charged me 80 bucks and I wasn't even in the room an hour before I had to leave and check into a new hotel. If your looking at this place DON'T!!! Go 8 miles up the road to la Quinta it's clean there.

Super 8 Hotel, Monroe NC 28112all of the hotel staff

Super 8 Hotel
                      350 Venus Streett
                      Monroe, NC 28112

From Front Office Manager
                      Site General Manager
                      Housekeeping Staff

This has been a HORRIBLE experience, it's bad enough that I had to leave my home in Chesterfield County SC because of Hurricane Florence but then to have to deal with hateful, ignorant people just does me in!! My family and I have been here since September 13, no one from housekeeping has been to our room, each time I try to talk to a housekeeping staff member I get attitude, they tell me "you're not on my board" you're not on anybody's board"I only asked for clean towels, one staff member told me the following"you're not on anyone's board"I asked her if she could get me some towels, (she had a cart full) she told me"NO"then she said"I'll have to go to the laundry room to get you some"I asked her if she minded, her response was"YES I mind"I told her I would go to the front office she said"ok go ahead and go to the front office"
                      I went in to speak to the lady in the front office, I think she's the General Manager, her English isn't good, well she starts off defending the staff!!!
                      I don't care how long they have been working, I'm a PAYING customer and she should have heard me out before she became defensive!! This place needs to be shut down because of the incompetent staff that works there!! I'll never stay here again and I will NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!!

Super 8 Worldwidedirty room

On Sept. 6 we checked into a Super 8 in Pudacah, Kentucky. After just walking into room we could see we couldn't stay there. The rug by the door was frayed a good 3 inches from door ( like a dog had dug at it). Floor hadn't been vacuumed as you could see dead bugs and other stuff on it. Also was toothpaste on rug by dresser. Refrigerator had stuff in it so knew it hadn't been cleaned out. ( Didn't even go into bathroom, as we had seen enough).
                        Went to front desk and told them room was dirty and they wanted to know if we wanted another room. We said we wanted our money refunded. The girl at the desk gave our money back and apologized, however the guy asked what room, grabbed the keys and left. I went back to our car and was waiting on my husband and the guy came out of room and said right in front of me, " I don't see where the room is dirty but WHATEVER "
                        Was a very unpleasant experience. We have stayed in Super 8' s before and they were fine but didn't stay in any rest of trip and not sure we will ever again. Thank you
                        Phyllis Hendricks, 412 4 th st., Bonaparte, Iowa. 52620

Super 8 Worldwidedisturbance in the hotel that was poorly managed by staff

Somebody was barricaded in the room across from ours, and between 1 and 5am the police were banging on the door and shouting in the hallway for him to come out. There were many officers and they had guns raised. The room was literally directly across from ours in the hallway, and yet no one ever let us know what was actually happening. We spent 4 hours unable to sleep, stuck in our room, and frightened about what was happening right outside of the room. We heard the next morning from our friends that were staying on the floor above us that our front appeared to have been evacuated, but we never heard anything about that. There was no explanation from the front desk. When I went to ask about it the next day, the person at the desk was not even aware the incident had occurred. He offered no explanation, and refused to call anyone and give me a time when I could find out. I was only offered an explanation the following morning, which was that a mental patient went off their meds and "it happens". It was a scary experience made worse by not knowing what was going on, and given that the police had guns drawn, I felt we were in serious danger, being directly across the hall.

Super 8 Worldwidepad wrapper

I found a wrapper of a pad and I am disgusted like why would you not clean the room thoroughly like you should I dont mind if you dont clean the room thoroughly but at least get the female products out cause this is just disgusting just dont leave your female necessities in the drawer other people have to stay here and sleep in the same room please

Super 8 Hotel — owner of said location

I wanted to make a complaint about the owner of this hotel. It is what caused me to not want to stay, if he...

Jerseyville

Super 8 Hotelhotel

Worst hotel we ever stayed in. Smelly dirty. We went cause we were evacuated for hurricane Florence the tv was so bad we couldn't even watch the local news and weather. Free breakfast was a joke!! Worst coffe ever tasted. We never used Priceline before and never will again! Can not trust your website for a decent hotel. We checked out early!!!no refund

• Updated by Vickijeff · Sep 14, 2018

I CANT BELIEVE PRICELINE SUPPORTS THIS TERRIBLE HOTEL!!! I will never ever use Priceline AGAIN!!!

Super 8 Worldwidesuper 8 i-55 n jackson mississippi was horrible

It was terrible the rooms had roaches everywhere including the refrigerator. The bathroom ceiling was falling in, the sheets was dirty, cigarette buds was everywhere. The front desk receptionist Tony was very rude and disrespectful and when we told him about the conditions of the room his reply was "So" and that we could check out and that he wasn't sending no one to clean the room that we need to call expedia and thats exactly what we did. Please DONT stay at the Super 8 I -55 N the rooms are horrible and the staff is even worse.

Super 8 Worldwide — super 8 medicine hat alberta canada.

Last time I ever stay here. Second night in room. Noticed a black spot in pillow. After taking pillow case...

Medicine Hat

Super 8 Worldwideroom

My husband and I came up from Florida to attend my husband's father's funeral. We booked the room for 4 nights arriving on 9/5/18. The room was disgusting. The bedding had burn holes in it, mold in the bathroom, dirty noisy a.c, broken switch on lamp, garbage all over ground next to can by the hall entrance. The worst part was our bare feet sticking to the carpet. We were already depressed and this made us feel awful! We paid 90.00 for one night and feel we were totally ripped off!!

Super 8 Garysburg North Carolinaunauthorized credit card charge

On June 16, 2018 I arrived at the Garysburg, North Carolina for an overnight stay, which was fine. Then on June 26, 2018 when I received my credit card statement I discovered that the hotel management had charged an additional fee of $300.00 supposedly for a broken television. I have tried to resolve this matter through my master card company.
                                    I have also tried to get in contact with the management of the Super 8 in Garysburg, North Carolina. Management will not discuss the issue with me. I definitely do not recall breaking a television set. it is my estimation that between June 16 and the time the claim was submitted that this room was rented by someone else. If the television was broken house keeping could just as well be responsible to maintain their employment. These examples are just possibilities.

• Updated by Eddie Rooks · Sep 11, 2018

Unauthorized credit card charge.