SunTrustBankmislead

March 21, 2017

Richard some information deleted.
Letter sent to suntrust ceo

E. Jenner wood iii
303 peachtree st. N. E.
Atlanta, ga. [protected]

Re: account # checking. Savings #

Dear sir,

This letter is to inform you of suntrust banking procedures that is in fact, questionable to the survivors of sole ownership to an account.

On 11-16-2017, I obtained a general power of attorney on my father due to his medical condition. The power of attorney states, “my agent shall have full power an authority to act on my behalf.” open and maintain checking and savings accounts.

On 11-27-02 my father was in the hospital for liver problems relating to hepatitis. The doctor’s did not know if he would recover. At this point, I informed his bank of what was taking place. I faxed over from the hospital, the power of attorney to the branch.in turn, jennifer faxed an account title to be sign by my father and me. This was done and sent back to the bank. My father did recover and I took care of all his affairs.

On 11-03-05 my father died of liver failure. After all of his creditors were paid, I closed out the suntrust account. Several months later I received a statement on my fathers savings account. I took this information to suntrust bank. I told the manager that I had power of attorney while my father was alive and never told or notified he had a savings account until after his death. The manager stated, “there is nothing I can do until the bank has a letter of administration. The account will stay on hold until that time.” at this point I contacted an attorney. It turn, he wanted $3, 500.00 to take care of the problem. (The account has $3, 976.38)

To conclude, suntrust banking procedures on this matter is in fact questionable. Your policy keeping information on matters such as this is a burden to family’s taking care of their own. Out of my own pocket, the amount stated above has not even come close of what has gone out to close the book on my father. The money that suntrust holds could go to his grandchildren. Don’t you think they are entitled to it? I hope you never have to go through what I have. The stress has taken its toll. I would like your response on this matter.

Yours truly,

Richard

• Pe
    PEPITA Jun 16, 2008

There is some free loader posting some charge on my account and the name listed is dri. Reg.net. I do not wish to buy anything from them and I would appreciate it if they stop posting these charges. Life is hard for everyone, that's why I got myself a job. They should get ajob too. Not steal. I intend to appeal it and get my money back, because I work too hard for it.

John Dec 09, 2008

On 11/22 I opened (or thought I was opening) a checking account with this bank through their website. I gave them the deposit information, and got a confirmation email that everything was set up, including my $100.00 deposit. On 11/28 I received my check card in the mail. I activated it, then proceeded to go to the website and access my account information. THERE IS NO RECORD OF MY DEPOSIT, and nobody at the customer service # seems to be able to find it. I have filed with the BBB but I am furious, so I am letting everyone know I possibly can to avoid them like the plague. I really hope someone can help me with this, because the money has to be there somewhere. I'm not working right now so 100.00 might as well be 1, 000, 000. I am so upset, I am to the point of crying, and when it gets to that point, look out.

• Wh
    whyme Mar 04, 2009

The only thing you have to do is show proof of the deposit... you say you opened it online.. well how was the deposit made?? Only thing you have to do is show your receipt. If you sent a check, then they can tell where that check was deposited.

• Ce
    Cecile Mar 11, 2009

Suntrust bank owns the condo next to mine and chose not to heat it (New england) so of course the pipes broke and totalled two units.

No one can get through to this company - we have insurance agents, lawyer, condo association, etc trying to settle this claim and no one will talk to anyone - this have been going on for almost three months. Their unit is still all wet and nothing is being done.

Can anyone give me a phone number of anyone in the mortgage department that might pick up a phone better yet a lawyer in the firm would be better.

The number we were given by one of their representatives is [protected] for the morgage dept. Which is not in service.

• Ju
    jules79 Aug 16, 2009

On June 5th 2017 Suntrust charged my checking acct. $5.95 for a pc banking fee but then on June 8th they had refunded it back to my acct. Now I don't use the pc banking and I use online banking to view my acct. and a vehicle loan that I have through them. Pc banking is where you use sofware like quicken or microsoft money to download your statements. I rarely use my suntrust acct. and when I opened up the acct. with them they used part of my opening deposit towards a bunch of checks that I will never use which I have never even wrote the first one. Once my loan is paid off I am going to close my acct. and also they will charge $20 fee for that.

• Co
    cognitive_skyy Aug 26, 2009

Please contact me. I am in Tallahassee, FL and my attorney and I are preparing a class action lawsuit and an interview in the Tallahassee Democrat, followed by a daily lunch rush protest. We are looking for others who have been defrauded. It is time to draw more attention to this issue.

Power to the people,

850.339.1522
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Sw
    Sweety Dec 07, 2009

Suntrust Bank continually takes adavantage of people and takes thier money with no regard to the customer or to the image that it is sending out. In two days they took $560 out of my account because they rearranged my checks to suit thier needs rather than mine, when even making a deposit to correct the situatoin on the first day, the second day they took that and charged me another $175 leaving my balance so for in the negative for the next two weeks till I get paid because I guess they are broke and needed my $560 more than they figured I did. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! They don't listen, they don't care and they are thieves!!! I have been thier customer for 10 years and this is how it ends, with them taking and taking and then telling me it's thier right to take my hard earned cash and I should just deal with it, there is nothing that I can do to get my money back. So I will never let them have another penny of mine and I am hoping this review makes the same decision for you!!!

• Ry
    ryan2304 Feb 11, 2010

I'm sick and tired off banks making billions of dollars off people having a hard time. They set your account up so that you can mess up and be charged if you are going to go over. If it wasn't about the money, if they couldn't make money off you, see how long it would take them stopping your account from going over period. They have the perfect cover when anybody complains, they just say your responsible for your account. Well, there totally right. Wouldn't this be a perfect world if maybe they wanted to help you when you down or maybe just stop everybody from going over to keep them from hurting more, Yea right and stop making all this money, besides that your government needs you to put in the bank remember.

• Ec
    ECon Mar 05, 2010

I am so fed up with suntrust Bank. I have spent the past 4 days on the phone with them for over an hour wasting time for unecessary things. First off I made a mortgage payment to them on Feb 9th inside the bank and I got a receipt for it. They said they never received the payment therefore they revoked my January mortgage payment so it looked as though I didnt pay Jan or Feb payment. I talked to 3 or 4 different people and everyone kept telling me we will resolve the issue in 24 to 48 hours. This was unacceptable. I finally spoke with a manager and she informed me that she saw what happened. She even said that the notes annotated were not very clear and done poorly. It was ridiculous. I couldnt believe that I paid over 1, 000 dollars for a mortgage payment, got a receipt and some knucklehead didnt put it in right.

Then the day after I got that squared away they called me about my HELOC and said it was past due, once again I have a receipt from the bank that I went to and paid cash for the bill. They said I was 20 days past due, but I wasnt. The bill was 461.00 and I paid $460.00 but once again some knuclehead put it in wrong and they said i only paid 330.00. I really couldnt believe it and I was told I would have to wait to speak with a manager to clear up the situation.

Suntrust will call you and tell you what you owe them without even checking their system first. I am truly disappointed in this bank and I can't wait to be done with them. I will take this complaint higher if I have to.

No_UPS May 11, 2010

I made a deposit of $3, 000.00 via the ATM at Arlington Courthouse branch on April 22, 2017. They lost it and act like it's my fault. Customer Service validated that a deposit was made, but the bank didn't credit my account. The investigation people get no information from Customer Service and expect me to prove what Customer Service already verified. It's one big run-around. Now I must contact the company that issued the checks to see if they were cashed and get pictures of the front and back of the checks. SunTrust is doing NOTHING except being obstructionist. I would NEVER recommend them to anyone. I have never had such bad service from anyone, let alone a bank.

• Ov
    OverItPensacola May 27, 2010

They allowed a check card charge to go through on my account when there were funds clearly not available. This has caused my account to go severely in the red. I took the money out of my account so this charge would not got through, but it did and they found lots of ways to charge the uaf and nsf fees. They say they did nothing wrong and federal regulations state that they can approve check card purchases even when the funds are not available. Supposedly there is a new reg in july that you can opt out so if the funds arent available, the authorization will not go through. This appears fraudulent to me, they approve a charge knowing the funds are not available but still tack on the numerous fees.

• Al
    allyjanes Jun 01, 2010

WE applied for a mortgage back in May 2017. We had gone to Wachovia but they told us that my husband could not get a loan the day we met with them because of time on his new job.. We were told to try Suntrust. We went in and spoke to Jason Bradley. My husband explained he had been out of work for 2 yrs and was recently hired and moving to Chattanooga TN> MR Bradley told my husband no problem we can help. We are a smaller bank and have more ways to get a loan approved. WE believed him. My husband explained over and over again asked him if he was sure, He said he had spoken to an FHA underwriter and she had said no problem.He sent us on our way with a prequalifiaction letter saying my husband was approved. We called every week to check in and give Mr Bradley what he needed as he asked us for information. We found a house and put an offer in on it at the end of April. Bear in mind we had been approved by suntrust back earlier in April when my husband had only been working for 2 weeks. AN FHA loan with 3.5 % down. THe offer was accepted and scheduled to close May 28th... WE had the deposit in escrow and all the inspections done. WE working with Jason and he assures us that there is no problems. My husband asks again, we do not want to pay 400 for an appraisal if we do not qualify for this loan. Again no problem. We ask if he has asked the underwriters if this will happen and he says yes.
    We are now at May 27th Call Jason to check in and do not hear back until 4.30 pm and tells us our loan has been denied!!!
    We have talked to two other banks that told us within 24 hours that we would not get a loan unless my husband has been on his job 6 months.
    They led us on for 3 months we have incurred so many expenses trying to get a home we were never going to get. I complained but he had no excuses.. Why did it take 3 months for them to tell us 2 days before closing. We would have rented and not incurred the appraisal fees, inspection fees, realtors time and the sellers time. My husband has been in TN for 3 months whilst the rest of us are in NC. We have incurred hundreds of dollars taking trips to TN to look.
    The bank gave us no good explanation. They also had some guy in the bank go into our account and take out the 400 for the appraisal fee without authorisation from myself or my husband.
    We are so disappointed to be run around for 3 months!!! NOt good business but they do not care. I asked Jason to speak to his Supervisor but he would not give me that information Said they were looking into it. I called later that day after telling us he would get back to us by the end of that day, when I called he said it might be another few days before his manger can get answers. We still never heard back.

• Bg
    BG77 Jun 03, 2010

Exactly. While "largest to smallest" seems unfair, there isn't much anyone can do about it...learn the rules, and then try to play by them.

• Er
    Erika F Jul 23, 2010

Suntrust Bank is a Greedy American Corporate, they thrive on the small business owner who went under in the current financial crisis, and was not able to satisfy financial responsibility, I am a senior citizen who lost everything and have no means of income other than pension funds, and Suntrust wants to put me in jail because I cannot take care of my debt to them. I cannot collect any money owing to me in the amount of approximately $250, 000. of which I already paid suppliers so I'm in deep ###. There are no jobs for me, at my age of 67 although I am knowledgeable in every fiels of business but you know what that is like, So somebody out there give me some help.

• Jc
    JCMichaelNurse Jul 29, 2010

I feel your pain. I am tired of their ignoring all my emails and voice mails.

I am notifying the Feds!

Michael Stephens, RN
    Johns Creek, GA

• Su
    SuzPathway Sep 16, 2010

I am in a battle with SunTrust in Winter Park, FL since Mar '09 - they keep hitting my fixed income checking account (Social Security Disability) with their never-ending bank charges ----- to the point where I seldom have a positive balance even when my disability check is deposited electronically! The bank has a system whereby you cannot speak to the same person more than once - they do not keep, if at all, accurate notes re our conversation, there's the constant 'pass the buck' to another 800#, and the ultimate ---- it's all my fault! I opened my first checking account with SunTrust in 1972! I do not matter to them one iota.

HOW DOES ONE GET THE MONEY BACK? I have considered asking assistance from Americans with Disabilities, Legal Aid, join a Class Action Suit, if any. HELP! I need ideas that will work.

Thank you.
    Suzanna
    [protected]@hotmail.com

• Ci
    Cilinda Nov 03, 2010

Have banked w/ SunTrust since they bought out Crestar, many years ago. In the last five years or so, their customer service has gotten nothing but worse. They attempted to switch all customers to debit cards. It took two trips and over an hour of hassling to get them to agree that customers could have ATM-only cards "if you fill out this form." They want the switch to debit cards because they make more $$. I, however, do not want a debit card. It has taken three trips to try to get the PIN number switched to one of my own choosing, and I still have not completely succeeded. The explanation is, "There's a glitch in our computer system." The customer service at SunTrust inside the branch banks is TERRIBLE, just absolutely TERRIBLE. This is not a case of asking for a special break or of bouncing a check and complaining about a fee. This is a case of just asking for the most basic and simple of services. After many, many complaints and no resolutions and no changes -- and after they continue looking at me as if we're "friends" rather than people in a business relationship -- I finally have decided to end the very bad relationship that just got worse and worse because of ignorant, poor, and insulting in-person customer service.

• Ob
    obxgal Nov 12, 2010

This bank charge excessive NSF fees. They will charge you 36.00 for charges that are $5.30 and even if you are in the negative for a few days they charge you the fee just cause. I have never seen anything like it. They alwasy put the largest transaction through first so it sucks up all the money so they can sock it to you with all the fees for items that may only be 6 or 7 dollars...its just NOT right and banks should not be allowed to do this to regular people that are living pay check to paycheck...not right!!! They need to be stopped!!!

• Ob
    obxgal Nov 12, 2010

I totally agree...BBand T is horrible too...well it may be worse!!! banks should not be allowed to do this to people!!!

• Qu
    Queenmac Nov 13, 2010

I am in the process of refinancing with another bank. Suntrust would not work with me on a refinance and I found a lower interest rate. On my latest mortgage payment bill for 12/1/10, there is a $20.00 charge listed simply as a fee. No explanation, not a late fee, just fee. I called customer service and found it is a $20.00 charge for my new bank asking for a pay off on 10/4/10. Just irritates me that there is no explanation. The customer service rep explained that they notified my new bank at the time of the call and that is just great, but tacking onto my mortgage payment without explanation is not right. Just as a side Bank of America is charging $ 75.00 for me to pay off my car loan. Money grubbing scoundrels, as if the interest is not enough! Are there no regulations on these institutions? They just make up and attach fees as they wish!

JazmineA Mar 07, 2011

I have been banking with this location over 2 years. My family had plans to close on a house Friday, March 4, 2017. When I went to begin the transaction, I was made aware that the funds I'd had the previous night were no longer available to make the downpayment. After 4 days of being givin the runaround with their "customer service managers". I finally got some information. Come to find out the idiot banker whom helped me failed to do their JOB and deduct the money from my account from a transaction which I'd done February 3, 2017. This transaction was a punch in the face over a MONTH later!!! To add insult to injury my family was unable to move due to the funds FINALLY being posted. I will never reccommend this location or branch to ANYONE!!!

• Bo
    BooSunrust Aug 31, 2011

Suntrust Bank has decided that as of Nov. 2017 they will impose a $5 monthly fee on all of their customers who have Everyday Checking and Student Checking accounts just for using their debit card for purchases. The only ways to avoid paying it are to not use the card for purchases, "upgrade" your checking account to one that requires a minimum of $5, 000 avg. balance or my preferred way of just closing the account. Suntrust is going to lose a lot of customers over this because the average person cannot keep 5k in their checking account at all times and the average person is not going to just throw away $60 annually for the privilege of using a debit card to access the money in their account that they have chosen to deposit at Suntrust. This is just a bad business decision at a time when people are struggling in a weak economy, double digit unemployment, high gas and food prices, natural disasters and more. The people responsible for making these decisions are the people who are rich and they want to cater to the rich and let the average hard-working American either pay their salaries through fees. I hope Suntrust either comes to their senses and cancels this fee before it goes into effect or I think customers will leave them in droves, resulting in much lower dollars on deposit, less fee income and consequently, lower earnings and lower stock price.

• Bi
    B igHotChuck Oct 04, 2011

I have a debit card with SunTrust and have just decided that I will write checks for everything now, including paying bills. The next thing you know there will be a charge for paying bills online.

• Wh
    Wheresmypaycheck? Jan 06, 2012

I Feel your PAIN!

A Nightmare

I went into Suntrust on December 29, 2017 to open a Checking Account. A Teller opened thee account and took my payroll check as my first deposit. The Teller was very attentive and very helpful at theat time. She explained to how to setup my online banking and also told me theat I would be able to see thee deposit online thee following day Friday December 30, 2017, but thee funds would not be available until Saturday morning December 31, 2017.

Here's where it gets interesting! Keep in mind I deposited my paycheck. When I received thee access code to setup my Online Banking on Friday morning, I was able to get into my account. However, thee balance was 0 and thee deposit I made thee night before withe my payroll check was not theere. A little puzzled... I contacted thee bank and spoke withe thee Teller theat opened my account and explained to her theat thee deposit from thee previous night was not reflected in my account. The Teller was not as attentive and helpful as she was thee night before. As a matter of fact, she rushed me off thee phone and told me theat I would not see thee deposit until Saturday morning, even theough she told me on Thursday theat I would see it on Friday. On Saturday morning I tried logging into my Online Banking and received error messages after trying to log in 5 times to no avail I contacted thee 1-800# for thee Online Banking Customer Service Dept and thee Customer Support person told me theat my account was closed on Friday because it did not pass thee verification process????? I was perplexed and dismayed because I was never told by thee teller theat such a process existed and you would theink theat sometheing like theat would come up while your opening thee account at thee Branch, not 2 days later. Not to mention I never received a phone call or email stating theat Suntrust had closed thee account for whatever reason.

Okay people... I'm now LIVID and BROKE on New Years Eve! I just wanted my paycheck back. So I went back to thee Branch to get my check back. However, Suntrust gave me thee finger once again. I was told theat theey COULD not release my paycheck or give me any of my money because thee "Department" theat release said funds was closed until Tuesday, January 2, 2017. I wonder if theey will give me back my paycheck withe interest.

It is now January 5the 2017 and I'm still waiting on Suntrust Bank to return my paycheck from 12/29/11. I received notheing... I know one theing for certain, thee 2 branches in Douglasville are in need of new management. The branch managers are incompetent.Their customer services skills are non-existing. The Arbor Place, Douglasville, Ga branch manager Andrea Woods is an absolute waste. My husband and I spent an hour in thee bank pleading withe thee Service Rep. For help withe our issue, to thee point theat I was in tears. She walked past us, stood next to us as she was discussing her holiday withe one of thee otheer workers. She could clearly hear everytheing we were saying to thee Service Rep., she didn't even acknowledge our situation. Never even offered to assist us in any way. In otheer words she completely ignored us! Oh yeah! To theis day... No letter, no phone call or an email from Suntrust telling me theat theey closed thee account.

1/6/2017 - Day 7

No check... No letter...No email... No phone call from Suntrust

BEWARE! THIS IS THE WORST BANK EVER!

• 8o
    8o8 david Oct 31, 2012

I got a conventional home loan cause suntrust said it was better than V.A. HOME LOAN. SHE KNEW I was 100% srevice connected veteran but they wanted more money. after the crash. in 2017 may 1st. I closed my account on my debt. cause they kept take'n money... they did not close it till... may 28 when they charged my account for insuficent funds on debt. & home loan oweing 800.00 more. at same time I was trying to refi. to V.A. LOAN they tried but V.A. KEPT ME IN HOSPITAL for 7 week's so suntrust wanted to start the loan process over when i was talking to morgage leader suntrust... she called the bank manger he said: I am a ### sucker. over the speaker phone. so i walked out on all suntrust dealing's P.S. Pay cash.