Summer Bay Resortrip-off

On February 7, 2009 I ordered what I thought was going to be a good thing for myself and my family. I was told that for $248.00 I would be getting 4days/3nights in Anaheim, CA for four people with 2 tickets to Disneyland, 4days/3nights in Napa Valley, CA with two tickets to six flags, and 3days/2nights in Las Vegas, NV with two show tickets. Now I knew about the 90-minute presentation. I also knew that I had to provide my own transportation. During the sales call I repeatedly asked the agent if there were going to be any other charges, and I was told “no.” What I was informed was that I would have to provide my own transportation, buy my own food, drinks and entertainment.  What was never mentioned to me was that there was a seven day cancellation period, or that I had to pay $15.00 per person per night at the hotel and on top of that I have to give the hotel a $200.00 deposit. None of these things were told to me at the time of purchase.
They gave me a website (www.beginmyvacation.com) but no other contact information. I went on the website and there was nothing there except a "confirmation letter" addressed to me. None of the other links really went any where. No phone numbers, adddresses, or email address for those who wanted to exercise the cancellation policy which just happened to be in very small, light colored print in the middle of the confirmation information. It was not until I called to ask why I haven’t received anything about my vacations that I was told to go to another website (www.greatvacations.com) to review my information. I asked the agent then to send me something, Nothing to send. So now I am ready to use the vacation I call to book and now all these other things. I go on the website and yes it says these things but why wasn’t I given this website to start with?  I spent the 6 hours trolling the internet to find whatever I could about Summer Bay Resorts - NOTHING!!!

• Wm
    WM702 Oct 07, 2009

Yes...Summer Bay Resorts must be shut down!!! Look on the internet there are thousands of complaints against Summer Bay Resorts. Let me tell you my story real quickly.

I too have fallen trap to this "scam", if you will. First I thought it would be a great opportunity to go on vacation. I was a student and wanted a cheap way to travel and vacation. It sounded like a good way to also plan my the wife and mine's honeymoon. (Well THIS IS NOT A CHEAP ROUTE in which I have now come to realize!) First, the agent told me, "Oh everythings great, pay this low price, and you get all these wonderful luxurious "accomidations" to thousands of spots... you get a car rental, and tickets to disney/universal studios..." That was just the begining of a headache!

I call to book a trip for my wife and I to go to Orlando Florida. It was a headache alone just trying to figure out where we wanted to go, and the staff was not helpfull either. They said, "just pick a place and we will set up your trip." Sounds convinient right? We finally decided to go to Florida, and then we called. I was notified that I had to pay for my own transportation, food and entertainment and that they would take care of a "Luxurious Hotel." After a massive headache, we booked the trip to go. The agent said, "you wont get an itinerary of your trip untill 2 weeks before your trip." I waited till then, and sure enough no intinerary! I called, and they said, "oh yeah, its all online now." They never contacted me to let me know, or anything!!! So no itinerary for what I needed to do. I was livid!

That was the beginning of the nightmare. I told them when my flight would arrive in Florida. The agent said, "great a shuttle will be there to pick you up and you can get your rental care from there." I get to florida only to find that I should have flown to a diffrent airport. ("gee it would have been nice for the agent to say that there were two diffrent airports there.") Sanford-Orlando, then Orlando MUN. So I had to pay 90 a dollar taxi ride at midnight to drive over to get my Rental at the OTHER airport, (Which they failed to mention what time I would be ariving, and they almost closed the place because of it, which I WOULD have been left without a car as well.) and then I pick up the car and go to the hotel. But wait there is more...

Then it comes time to this "Luxurious Hotel". (The agent told me while booking that there was a hundred and some odd dollar Premium Upgrade fee. I wanted to have a nice Hotel for my wife and I for our Honeymoon, so I paid it expecting some nice comfortable beds, a fancy room, just not your typical hotel room) Our hotel was just that. Your Typical Hotel room. I am from Vegas and I have been to quite a few Hotels and I will deffinately say that it was not "Luxurious" by any means. And yes, from the previous mentioned above...there was a 200 dollar deposit that was not mentioned while booking. I was upset even further.

Then the whole getting your tickets was a nightmare! You have to complete a timeshare tour of people trying to sell you a timeshare which you must attend. Otherwise if you dont, you will be billed for the hotel. Does all this sound like a nice relating vacation? I wont get into further details to cut my story short, and believe you me, there are thousands of details I could add to this that are all negative! However we did get the tickets and Luckily they were not rejected by the attraction we chose!

I sure would love to see Summer Bay Resorts go down! DO NOT GET TRAPPED! read all the reviews and still just do not purchase ANYTHING they offer. I dont care if they sell you the package for a penny...its not worth it! You will save so much money alone and a huge massive headache like my wife and I got from our Honeymoon.