Exploria Resorts Logo

Exploria Resorts

Having problems with Exploria Resorts?

+1 855 849 2205 (Reservations)
+1 352 432 2323 (Head Office)
+1 800 654 6102 (Owner Service & Reservations)
+1 352 242 1100 (Summer Bay Orlando & 601 The Reserve)
+1 407 239 8315 (Crown Club Inn)
+1 800 677 7880 (Grand Seas Resort)
+1 386 427 1151 (New Smyrna Waves)
+1 417 336 1428 (Greensview Branson)
+1 865 436 2039 (Gatlinburg Town Square)
+1 865 428 2897 (Mountain Meadows)
25 Town Center Blvd Ste C

Mountain Meadows
2813 Rolling Hills Dr., Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

Complaints & Reviews

vacation package scam

Apparently in 2004, I purchased hotel rooms at a modest discount in Los Vegas. I thought the website was a simple vacation website. Since this was 5 years ago, I do not recall the name of the website. As part of the purchase there was a requirement to visit a vacation rental for a 90 minute presentation. This requirement was never made known to me on the website nor was anything mailed to me about this requirement. If it was a requirement, it was buried in the website somewhere and not clearly stated or presented as part of the purchase price... and as I recall the hotel was not much of a bargain. I got to pay for a hotel in Las Vegas (Stayed at Teribles hotel I think with some coupons that were not useful - could have picked these up anywhere -- for about 5 days and paid about $500).. cannot be certain if this is where the Vacation SCAM was linked to me.

As part of the strong arm sales (SCAM) tactics, the Leisure Time World Travel / Summer Bay Resorts sales people call folks 5 years later to now intimidate them to participate in the vacation plan. Because they claim I did not fulfill the unknown requirement, I can either pay now $496 (with a reimbursement - I hope) or be charged for an expensive vacation package ($1, 500), or face a collections agency. This requires a credit card purchase. All is to their advantage again with no information being provided to me via the mail about the original requirements IN OVER 5 YEARS...

So rather than go through the ordeal of having to deal with this group possibly destroying my excellent credit rating, I have forked up the credit card information and will be moving forward.

Beware of vacation packages not purchased through a known vacation provider. Next time I will only deal with Hotels.com or Priceline.com (both very good vacation sites). These HIDDEN SCAM TERMS need to be clearly spelled out up front and not buried somewhere on their website which is conveniently down.

• Tr
    Tried To Scam Me Too Oct 13, 2009

This is the third time they have tried to pull this scam on me. Contacting the Better Business Bureaus isn't doing anything (they just grab a different business license in a different state.)

IF YOU WANT SOMETHING TO HAPPEN TO THESE PEOPLE YOU SHOULD DO WHAT I DID:

Call the hotel/casino who's name they are using and ask for the LEGAL or MANAGEMENT department and tell them what is going on and refer them to the web pages about these numbers here!

They are the one's who are having their business name dragged through the mud by these scammers and they are the ones that can do something about it (SUE THEM!)

john jay Oct 28, 2009

maybe you dont understand that you signed up for timeshare tours...lol...i do travel clubs alot and this is standard ...

john jay Oct 28, 2009

summer bay they dont do scams...and if you dont tour thats what happens...

• At
    ATracy Oct 29, 2009

They just called me last night and did the same thing w/a hotel I rented in 2004 in Las Vegas! This is ridiculous. They threatened to turn me over to collections and/attorneys and have my credit ruined if I didn't pay the $496! I've paid it, but I'm going to do something else!

• Mi
    Michaelina Melton Nov 13, 2009

Yup this is happening to me too. I refused to pay. I will contest the debt with the collection agency and I have gone to the Better Business Bureau. The website never presented itself as a timeshare and this is so bogus!

didnt explain before taking deposit you had to have a certain income

I have been told today I had won a holiday to Orlando and Daytona beach etc. At first I thought it was a scam...

immoral and unetical salesmethods

Pup-up sides with 3000 dollars as a amount to use on Vacations i Summerbay.resorts. Trickin you to pay a amont to secure your Hollidays.. You are whirled aroud between several names securing you, that there is no risk. I feel rearly tricked and naive...Don´t ever call the number in the pup-up windows. It´s an immoral way to trick money aut of people, and you do not now, what you have got for the money, they very quickley withdraw from your accont. Listen to your inner voice...Nobody will ever give you something for free...it´s cool-cool business.

• Th
    The naive one. Jan 24, 2011

Yes I agree 100% the sales associates fail to mention that there is an income guideline. You do not know about it until you call to make reservations. I wonder if anyone has tried or thought about a lawsuit. I got ripped off as I had not been told the truth. DO NOT GET FOOLED!!! these people are crooks!!!

scam/shady

I purchased a book on TV and was asked if I wanted to hear information about vacations! I reluctlently agreed as I was given a picture of a great package deal for $289 4 days/3 nights in Orlando, 2 nights in Daytona and another 2 night stay anaywhere. I booked it, they charged me $45 every time I book. We get there after a long night of traveling-The Ramada Inn @ Westgate! The most crime ridden area in Kissimmee. It was awful! We get this room with no windows and no pictures! I think Abe Lincoln stayed here, it was that old! Come to realize, they offer nicer 3 star accomindations and say they are fully booked-yeah right-in this economy? Then they tell me where I can stay, we pulled in and I was appaled! Then we do this tour @ a location 1 mile from 'hotel' the guy was selling timeshares- He was cool but Summer Bay sucks! We checked out that night and they wouldn't even credit me with $45 fee even though I did not stay! DOUG, the manager, (right) would only say sorry. That's it! Zero customer service! Discusting, shady people opperating this scam from their homes no doubt! The package they sent me was beautiful! Then they do this?! WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS SCAM!

rip-off

On February 7, 2009 I ordered what I thought was going to be a good thing for myself and my family. I was told that for $248.00 I would be getting 4days/3nights in Anaheim, CA for four people with 2 tickets to Disneyland, 4days/3nights in Napa Valley, CA with two tickets to six flags, and 3days/2nights in Las Vegas, NV with two show tickets. Now I knew about the 90-minute presentation. I also knew that I had to provide my own transportation. During the sales call I repeatedly asked the agent if there were going to be any other charges, and I was told “no.” What I was informed was that I would have to provide my own transportation, buy my own food, drinks and entertainment.  What was never mentioned to me was that there was a seven day cancellation period, or that I had to pay $15.00 per person per night at the hotel and on top of that I have to give the hotel a $200.00 deposit. None of these things were told to me at the time of purchase.
They gave me a website (www.beginmyvacation.com) but no other contact information. I went on the website and there was nothing there except a "confirmation letter" addressed to me. None of the other links really went any where. No phone numbers, adddresses, or email address for those who wanted to exercise the cancellation policy which just happened to be in very small, light colored print in the middle of the confirmation information. It was not until I called to ask why I haven’t received anything about my vacations that I was told to go to another website (www.greatvacations.com) to review my information. I asked the agent then to send me something, Nothing to send. So now I am ready to use the vacation I call to book and now all these other things. I go on the website and yes it says these things but why wasn’t I given this website to start with?  I spent the 6 hours trolling the internet to find whatever I could about Summer Bay Resorts - NOTHING!!!

• Wm
    WM702 Oct 07, 2009

Yes...Summer Bay Resorts must be shut down!!! Look on the internet there are thousands of complaints against Summer Bay Resorts. Let me tell you my story real quickly.

I too have fallen trap to this "scam", if you will. First I thought it would be a great opportunity to go on vacation. I was a student and wanted a cheap way to travel and vacation. It sounded like a good way to also plan my the wife and mine's honeymoon. (Well THIS IS NOT A CHEAP ROUTE in which I have now come to realize!) First, the agent told me, "Oh everythings great, pay this low price, and you get all these wonderful luxurious "accomidations" to thousands of spots... you get a car rental, and tickets to disney/universal studios..." That was just the begining of a headache!

I call to book a trip for my wife and I to go to Orlando Florida. It was a headache alone just trying to figure out where we wanted to go, and the staff was not helpfull either. They said, "just pick a place and we will set up your trip." Sounds convinient right? We finally decided to go to Florida, and then we called. I was notified that I had to pay for my own transportation, food and entertainment and that they would take care of a "Luxurious Hotel." After a massive headache, we booked the trip to go. The agent said, "you wont get an itinerary of your trip untill 2 weeks before your trip." I waited till then, and sure enough no intinerary! I called, and they said, "oh yeah, its all online now." They never contacted me to let me know, or anything!!! So no itinerary for what I needed to do. I was livid!

That was the beginning of the nightmare. I told them when my flight would arrive in Florida. The agent said, "great a shuttle will be there to pick you up and you can get your rental care from there." I get to florida only to find that I should have flown to a diffrent airport. ("gee it would have been nice for the agent to say that there were two diffrent airports there.") Sanford-Orlando, then Orlando MUN. So I had to pay 90 a dollar taxi ride at midnight to drive over to get my Rental at the OTHER airport, (Which they failed to mention what time I would be ariving, and they almost closed the place because of it, which I WOULD have been left without a car as well.) and then I pick up the car and go to the hotel. But wait there is more...

Then it comes time to this "Luxurious Hotel". (The agent told me while booking that there was a hundred and some odd dollar Premium Upgrade fee. I wanted to have a nice Hotel for my wife and I for our Honeymoon, so I paid it expecting some nice comfortable beds, a fancy room, just not your typical hotel room) Our hotel was just that. Your Typical Hotel room. I am from Vegas and I have been to quite a few Hotels and I will deffinately say that it was not "Luxurious" by any means. And yes, from the previous mentioned above...there was a 200 dollar deposit that was not mentioned while booking. I was upset even further.

Then the whole getting your tickets was a nightmare! You have to complete a timeshare tour of people trying to sell you a timeshare which you must attend. Otherwise if you dont, you will be billed for the hotel. Does all this sound like a nice relating vacation? I wont get into further details to cut my story short, and believe you me, there are thousands of details I could add to this that are all negative! However we did get the tickets and Luckily they were not rejected by the attraction we chose!

I sure would love to see Summer Bay Resorts go down! DO NOT GET TRAPPED! read all the reviews and still just do not purchase ANYTHING they offer. I dont care if they sell you the package for a penny...its not worth it! You will save so much money alone and a huge massive headache like my wife and I got from our Honeymoon.

summer bay resort's promotional vacations. &$3000 in travel awards&

You today's winner summer please review the bottom info I was told I have won, then after keeping...

fraudsters and cheaters

The telephone number given by the company does not exist. We now realize after reading a [redacted] that, hey guess what, we have been ripped off! We were given the same offers as the person in the previous report with18 months to take up the holidays. If anyone out there needs more information to catch these cowboys get in touch. If there is anyone out there that can produce evidence that these people are NOT ripoff cowboys other than words that anyone can make up I would like to hear it.

• Dear fraudster, I must disagree they do exist. My wife and I are taking our 4th trip thru summerbay. I know its confusing they have probably hundreds of numbers and locations. but I assure you its not a scam. Just your typical timeshare company. I would like to add to all the people who think its free and when they find out they have to pay hotel taxes they freakout and think its a scam! You should always read the small print! Nothing in life is free! But atleast the trips are vary affordable! My wife and I aren't rich and basically the only way we vacation is doing the timeshare salespresentation.. Its cheaper than doing it on our own. We did orlando vacation Pd 158.00 for 4nights at actual summerbay resort and got free car rental, plus 4 tickets 2 disney parks. Plus 2 free nights at daytonna Fl. At daytonna we got a 50 dollar cpn for redlobster. again all for 158.00 for both trips. I dont particularly like thier customer service department. But when we call we ask to speak to this one guy in whom we deal solely through Him!

• Ga
    Gandhijoel Jan 13, 2010

This is a big lie. This company is full of fraud. They give you all this deals and con innocent hard working people into their scam. This person " U wrong waterboy gatorades better " is one of the scammer too. He or she is part of the company that has been doing scamming for years. I have engaged the federal investigation dept to scrutinized their fake website and toll free number.

1-866-280-3120

ihatesummerbay Apr 21, 2010

ANYONE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST SUMMER BAY RESORTS PLEASE CONTACT US AT [email protected]! YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION!!!

awful company

I purchased vacation property and then i was ripped off. The persons name was Steven Tex Tucker. He said he was over all of the place and was just in the town for a few hours to help. He show me a place and then he told us what a good deal that it was and now we haven't been able to use it and it is paid off all i want is my money back and no part of this scam. I have lost over 18000.00 dollars in this company and still cant use the property. Please don't get scammed to i just want my money back and for no one else to get scammed the same way that i was.

• Le
    Leanie Jan 12, 2010

I ordered a exercise machine over the phone this morning and was told at the end of the conversation i was eligible for a 3 free night hotel, just for ordering. So like a dummy i said "really?" Next thing i know, this lady is saying how wonderful this opportunity is...
    So like a dummy, i said yes. After doing some research and talking to my husband, who was really mad... I called my bank first, they said that i could refuse the charges, but try to cancel it first. So i called the summer bay resort 866 number, after being on hold for a while then getting transferred, and put on hold AGAIN, got thru to a guy, then immediately got cut off!!! Called back again, on hold again. Finally got the same guy, i think, explained my situation, after a little pressure, first said he could make it half the price for me! This is when i really got skeptical. Then after a bit, and some rude customer service he said it was canceled. I guess i will wait to see my bank statements. Look out everybody: This is a scam. I have never been suckered into anything like this before, So moral of my story: if it looks to good, IT IS!

• As
    ashlynmatthews Feb 26, 2010

hi im from perth wa i got email from summerbayresort i won a holiday to orlando for myself 3 kids im on a pension. so then i caall free call no, and agree to a holiday scam thing is they told me airfares not in clueded have to pay &2000 each i said no then they called me back said they will reduced the 1400 package to 100 left to pay from 800 i said i cant afford it i gave in realised its scam they wanted credit card 100 deposit from my mums acc so we agreeed never saw replacment money they said they will put it back after not takin this what out for this lying scam perth wa

ihatesummerbay Apr 21, 2010

very high pressure phone calls!

Took a credit card number and immediately tried to take monies before telling me about airfare tax exchange rate made it sound as if 498 was total cost unbenounced to them I was broke then asked me to correct this problem by giving them another card number I said it would take time they told me I had 20 min to do so just enough time for me to check them out and I'm not out ha ha but I can see how some people will be taken by them and it should be outlawed made to feel as I did something wrong shame I hope something is done to these frauds to stop them from praying on Canadians.

• El
    Else Karla Kaas Mar 26, 2010

Hello everyone...

First... excuse my English, cause I'm Danish...

Today I visited a homepage. I should print a songtext... Then suddenly there was a pop-up-window... saying... Congratulations... You have won $3.000... Wauw... Please call... and then a Danish telephoneno... I called, and I talked with Nina Cruz, later with Gene Pierson...

It was not a free holiday. I should only pay $800 with my creditcard, and then I could travel, + 3 other persons, to Orlando, Daytona and Bahamas... Then I said... It's too good to be true... And after reading all the troubles other persons have had, I think, I did the rigtht thing by saying goodbye.

Good luck everyone.

$500. oo rip off

Winston Salem, NC---I called to have Dish Network installed into my home. THEY transferred me to an extension...

$3000 orlando florida holiday

Flashed on screen that i was the [protected] visitor and that i had won a holiday to orlando florida, daytona...

fight back

Be careful. . this company uses 10 different business names. If Summer Bay Resorts has your money. . fight...

scam

Do not do business with summer bay resorts! They are a scam! First, I signed up with dish network (who ha...

nonstop calls

Ever since silverleaf resorts has been calling me nonstop and Ive complained The people thought it be cute to...

no availability upon arrival

My husband and I and 2 friends arrived at Summer Bay Resorts in Las Vegas on a Friday night in October 2008...

scam and cheating

I bought the vacation package in return I would only have to listen to a 90 min presentation. I had 3 vacations and one was to a destination of my choice. The problem is every time I want to go to a destination of my choice they won't or can't give me my reservation. Everytime I call all they want is more money. I haven't gotten my $350 dollars worth and they won't give me it back. The supervisor Gina was rude and argumentative. Don't ever use these crooks for anything. If you already have contact the BBB they will eventually have to do something about them.

• Su
    susuvela Sep 06, 2010

I was scammed in Australia by Summer Bay I lost $1000 Aussie dollars. What can i say? I'm completely out of my depth here. susan

awful experience

First let me say that I did not stay at the resort. I have tried to cancel due to all of the lies that I fell for but have been given the complete runaround. I was told that I had won this trip. It was offered to me when I signed up with Direct TV. I was smart enough to realize that I had not won, because I never entered. I knew it was a time share and was 100% okay with that. I've done one before and I know the drill. You put up with pushy sales people for a short time, but if you can deal with it you get a cheap or free vacation.

What was sold to me: 4 days/3 nts. in Orlando, FL. I was then given a beautiful spiel about how beautiful Summer Bay was and that I would enjoy this and that and all of the ammenities. I was told about the fantastic rooms. I would also get 2 adult, 2 day passes to Disney. I would get 3 days/2 nts. in Daytona Beach, 2 Free Nascar tickets or a $50 dinner card. Then came the Bahamas. I was told that I would take a roundtrip cruise to the Bahamas and stay 3 days, 2 nights at the Taino Beach Flamingo Bay and then head back to Florida to end my vacation. I was told to go to summerbayresort.com and tainobeach.com. I had just moved, so unfortunately I did not have my internet up yet. If I had, I would have googled it and it would have proven a scam immediately. I confirmed and reconfirmed and was told all I had to pay for was $248 for the 2 Disney Tickets, Port Charges for the cruise and hotel tax. I kept asking about other charges and I was told there were NO OTHER CHAR

GES!!!

I was not told there was a 7 day cancellation period, so I took my time going to the site. When I went there, I realized I'd been had!

The catch/What I got:

There is a $15 per night fee

There is another $7 per night fee

I pay hotel taxes.

The cruise is not payed for, I pay for that which is around $180 per person.

The biggie, I don't even stay at Summer Bay. I stay at a Holiday Inn or similar hotel which is a "Summer Bay Resort" I just go to the resort for the presentation. When I mentioned that later I was told that I could pay $80 per night to upgrade.

I originally set up a payment plan for the $248. I paid $100 on the 1st date and set up for the remaining $148 to come out at a later date after I got paid. They drafted it 12 days early. I now have over $300 in overdraft fees from stupid little purchases because I did not expect the $ to come out yet.

I called and spoke to a Reservations person and she said and I quote "I hate the sales people they are so [censored]ing Ugh!" I was floored. I was told I would have to talk to Quality Assurance who was not willing to budge. Don't fall for it!

If I had this kind of money, I would have booked a vacation where I did not have to deal with a timeshare. Now that I'm out $248+$300 in overdraft fees, there will be no vacation for us this year and I'm definately not going to give Summer Bay another dime!!!

• Sc
    Scam Reporter Oct 09, 2008

GES!!!

The catch/What I got:
    There is a $15 per night fee
    There is another $7 per night fee
    I pay hotel taxes.
    The cruise is not payed for, I pay for that which is around $180 per person.

I called and spoke to a Reservations person and she said and I quote "I hate the sales people they are so f*$#ing Ugh!" I was floored. I was told I would have to talk to Quality Assurance who was not willing to budge. Don't fall for it!

• Al
    Alea Dec 03, 2008

Hello people!
    I NEED HELP! I live in Germany..
    I won in Internet 3000 dollar.. The number I called was in Orlando, Florida-"Summar Bay Resorts". They offer me a vacation pack for 4 pers. This vacation gonna cost me like 3898 US dollar. The balance is still 898 dollar, which I have to pay per credit card. I asked which guarantie did I have? The lady said, that they will send me everything home after 2 weeks and when I pay, she will give me a cod & talk something about proove for the tickets.
    I have to give them answer tomorrow and after what I read here, I´m still not sure.. Please, if somebody read this here, now, today, give me a quick answer. I gonna be very happy for any answer and thankfull for help.

Nice greetings.. and thanks..
    Alea

• Ks
    ksymon13 Jul 28, 2009

Do not do it!!!

rip off

I just got back from Smoky mnts and bought timeshare with Summerbay resorts but after reading reports? I think I will call and cancel all cause all what see here I am getting scared I was taken for a ride. I will put new post after talking to them. I gave them check for 891.00 as deposit. Everything there was fine, hotel was ok but after leaving I try to call the agent and can't reach him. I will call tomorrow and try to stop this.This is Summer bay Resorts in Gatlinburg, Tn. Any idea what to do and how to go about it? Maybe someone can give advise?

stay away

This was the dirtiest nastiest place ever the beds were so hard you couldn’t dent them with a sledge hammer which makes for a horrible night after long days at local parks. The people are nasty and the pressure to buy a timeshare is annoying we are already owners somewhere else, but they wouldn’t leave it alone. Don’t waste your money or your RCI points. We are filing a complaint to RCI these people need to be removed from there plan so other unsuspecting families don’t fall prey to a wasted of there time and money at a substandard resort.

• Valerie Jul 25, 2008

I was led to believe that I would be staying at a lodge & golf club in Missouri Wine Country. Instead I was put in a hotel by the side of the highway that was 1/2 hour away from a winery. The room was smelly & moldy.

I had to sit through a 1 1/2 hour presentation where they tried to sell me a time share. This is another thing that I was not told when I gave them my credit card number to get this great deal they were going to give me.

I have no problem with sitting through the presentation, but if they deceive you about where you will be staying, why would you trust them to buy a time share from them.

I paid for 3 nights & left after one night, that's how terrible this place was. My lungs will probably hurt for a week from having to breathe in the toxic fumes of cigarette smoke and mold!

• Hb
    hb Dec 02, 2008

thanks for the information I nearly went for the package they offered but I never give my credit card over the internet. With this kind of information I have saved my self and my wife a lot of miseries . Thanks for the information

• Ro
    ROGER ZIMMERMANN Mar 12, 2009

we got called took the promotion 4days orlando, 3days daytona beach. was to be put up in a resort, got their and put up in a dump of a motel which was 30 minutes from disney.the niney minutes promotion turned up to be 4 hours. said no. then we had to find our own way out of the building.DUMPPED then we found out would have to do another promo.at daytoma beach we called to cancel and got hungup on three times we did not go, instead went for a day then back to orlando at a very nice hotel at our price. they should not be in business. our family vacation which is special for us cause at this time 6 years ago lost 2 granddaughters in a fire and to be out thought this at the same time. A VACATION FROM HELLLLL.

marciehouk May 29, 2010

i realy im made about all the untrusting people in the world its all going to end soon anyways all because of all the fruad and distrust
    thanks for listening
    marcie houk

bad service

My husband & I own a timeshare at Summer Bay Resort in Orlando. On December 14, we mailed two checks into...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices