Exploria Resorts Logo

Exploria Resorts

Having problems with Exploria Resorts?

Exploria Resorts Customer Service Contacts

+1 855 849 2205 (Reservations)
+1 352 432 2323 (Head Office)
+1 800 654 6102 (Owner Service & Reservations)
+1 352 242 1100 (Summer Bay Orlando & 601 The Reserve)
+1 407 239 8315 (Crown Club Inn)
+1 800 677 7880 (Grand Seas Resort)
+1 386 427 1151 (New Smyrna Waves)
+1 417 336 1428 (Greensview Branson)
+1 865 436 2039 (Gatlinburg Town Square)
+1 865 428 2897 (Mountain Meadows)
25 Town Center Blvd Ste C

Gatlinburg Town Square
414 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738

Mountain Meadows
2813 Rolling Hills Dr., Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Exploria Resorts Customer Service. Initial Exploria Resorts complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Exploria Resorts above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Exploria Resorts. Discuss the issues you have had with Exploria Resorts and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Summer Bay Resort — bad service

My husband & I own a timeshare at Summer Bay Resort in Orlando. On December 14, we mailed two checks into...

Summer Bay Resortbeware

I purchased a package in 04 and an emergency came and could not use it. As usual lost money and no response when calls were made. Some how they show no record when I called refund center after a week of toll free numbers showing up on caller ID. Received call today from [protected] and they told me to call refund... I did and some how they cant find my number. How easy is it to loose a number when a refund is due? This tells me not to use this service on future. Your agents are well trained to pass the buck they are worse than any airline I would put your business in the same category as a used car salesman. I am sorry, but I cant down grade a used car salesman. Have fun and enjoy my 400.00 dollars and my you enjoy bankruptcy...

• Pe
      peter Aug 07, 2008

on my cell phone!!!
      I am so angry
      When I called back. the song "Strangers on the shore" played on and on. Until last week I got the same multiple calls on my cell from a different number [protected] (Summer Bay Resorts, FL )and the same song played when I called back. Mostly I do not pick up the calls, but it is so anoying.
      I think it is a call center.

Anne Aug 09, 2008

You can complain this to the Florida law agency place at 800helpfla.com. They have a rule against these calls. No matter what you do, try not to associate yourself with Summer Bay and under no circumstances fall into their scam. Even if they offer you heaven for a price tag of $9.99. Do you even want to give a penny to a scammer?

• Ih
      ihatesummerbay Apr 21, 2010

ANYONE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST SUMMER BAY RESORTS PLEASE CONTACT US AT [email protected]! YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION!!!

• Su
      Sue Rooke Aug 31, 2010

I have read reports that this is a scam and I wonder if I have been duped. This all happened this morning and if there is a way I can cancel the whole thing. It all sounds too good to be true which means it is a scam. I dont understand what a confirmation code is?

• La
      laws of SBR Dec 07, 2011

i am an actual owner, i bought a packager for $49.99 four 4 years ago.I do agree that the first stay is not on the actual resort, yes it is in a hotel/motel across the street in Orlanda, however when you orignally called you were informed that you will be required to sit through the presentation which was and is a choice your presented with when you get to the welcome center prior to checking in. So you do have the option to leave. You then have to chose when the following day you will be attending the presentation where you get your free tickets and you can purchase if you wish too you are not REQUIRED TO PURCHASE ANYTHING and the free tickets are still yours. Nothing in this world is FREE by now we should all learn to expect the unexpected.

Summer Bay Resorttoo good to be true

I received an email telling me that I had won a FREE trip to Cancun for 4 days and 3 nights. So I read all the information and of course it said no purchase needed. As instructed I called the 1-800 # were a sales person proceeded to tell me about trips I won to Daytona, Orlando and Jamaica. I informed her more than once that I was calling about the FREE trip to Cancun. After 20 minutes she then told me that all of these trips were mine for just 268.00 per person (plus all the other things they don't cover0. I informed her that was great but I was only calling about my free trip to Cancun at which time she asked me what my problem was with paying the fee? What!! My problem was that I didn't ask for the other trips and it was not free as the email had stated. While I was talking to her, I was also googling Summer Bay Resorts were I found this website and all the information I needed. I finally hung up on her because she wouldn't give me a straight answer. I only hope that other people have the mind to do as I did before they give there credit card # away.

• Pa
        Patzzz Mar 25, 2010

I called them last night about the same thing.

They obviously do NOT want to give away the Cancun trip - if it even exists as a giveaway. It seems Cancun is just a hook to get people to call.

The call was awful. And it is a sad, pathetic way for a company to do business. How can the employees work there pushing such a blatant scam? Although they did not sound like the brightest thorns in the bush.

For anyone at Summer Bay who reads this, you can make SO much more money by going undercover to the media and spilling the goods on Summer Bay.

Hopefully all the bad press online will bring them to their knees.

• Al
        ALMOST SCAMMED OUT OF $298 Apr 05, 2010

GET TO YOUR BANK BEFORE SUMMERBAY DOES

I recieved a phone call this morning from a representative with Summer Bay resorts.

They were informing me that I was eligable for the Orlando, Daytona, and Bahama package. The man on the phone was immediately putting on the pressure. I asked if he could call me back in two hours because I was still halfway asleep. He then told me that they didn't do call backs. With the offer that was placed out there and the fact that if "I snooze, I loose", I decided to stay on the phone. I was told that for $298 this package mine, VIP style. I then proceeded to make the purchase by disclosing my credit card information to the sales rep. The final step was to speak to someone to confirm the deal. In speaking to her, she unknowingly informed me that I would be staying in a standard hotel. Only I thought my accomadations would be better considering the term VIP was used when I agreed to the deal. I then informed the lady that I felt misled. I told her that I wished to backtrack and decline the offer. She told me that she wasn't in a position to give refunds. I then asked to speak to someone who was. She placed a very pushy salesman on the phone who was very persistant about keeping the deal. He even offered a better rate and threw in a free Costa Rica trip. The more he talked, the more I lost interest. I still refused. I asked him if my card had already been charged. He then hung up on me. I proceeded to call the number back, but no one could help me. I then started to google these people and found this site. Once reading several horrible reviews I became nervous about being scammed. Thinking fast, I called my bank and told them what happened. I informed them that an unauthorized charge may hit my account. We resolved it by recording my card lost/stolen. I am inconvienenced to have to wait a week for a new card. However, better that than to be out of $298. My advise to you is, if you cant get through to cancel with Summerbay, STOP PAYMENT on your account!

• Si
        sick of whining Jul 26, 2010

First off anyone with any kinda brains knows that nothing in life is free. If you think someone is always trying to scam you than you never allow a true opportunity to come your way, I have taken this package and I have friends and family who've done the same the accommodations were incredible the salesperson was so sweet and for the amount of money you pay you cannot beat that even on your best day. I really dilike when someone has a bad experience with a company and turn it into a big deal and lie to others and have them think something is wrong when they're mad and blowing smoke...
        SUCK IT UP GROW UP WE'RE ALL ADULTS AND NOONE CAN MAKE YOU DO ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT. SO STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE SO HIGH CLASS CAUSE HALF OF YOU LIVE WITH ROACHES AND RATS ON A DAILY BASIS WHETHER IT'S A TRAILER OR THE HOOD SO PLEASE SAVE THE LIES FOR YOUR MAMA!!!

• So
        sonia chohan Dec 10, 2010

you my friend might live with roaches and rats, but most of us hard working folks have standards .we replied to this advert that stated that we were the millionth customer and that would be eligible for a free $3000 so we called the number from London after speaking with a [censored] customer rep i soon realised that this was a scam by a dishonest company and ended the call however this might be ok for companies to behave like this in the USA but in the united kingdom we have laws that safeguard customers and i have already informed the local authority about Summerbay s web site and then sent a an email to a local program called (watch dog )which i am sure will make this company famous on the British television once they investigate .
        So u my friend might like being lied to and scammed but i don't.

Summer Bay Resortno travel dates available

Please file a complaint to the Better Business Bureau for not able to deliver their product. In addition, legally they have to fully refund you if they cannot find accommodation for you at time you wish, please bring this to the attention of the Florida Department of Agriculture. If you are lucky enough to get your refund, I urge you not to associate yourself with them anymore. Summer Bay's business practice is unethical. If you cannot get your refund back, please forget about it because you do not want to go on a vacation with them and stress yourself. After all, you deserve a relaxing time during vacation. However, please do file a complaint to the BBB and the DOA so that they are aware of it and something can be done about it so it can help other people from becoming a victim.

• Ra
          Rashida Bassier Oct 20, 2008

Hi - I won a prize - see confirmation no 56222.

I am in South Africa - how do I claims?

• Sv
          s vest Oct 26, 2008

was speaking w/rep that put on the phone with, person in charge at time. all was very polite and he made me some very great offers, and i had intent on purchasing it. all that i ask was to explain with my husband, which was at work as captain of fire dept, on a call, all i stated was that i wanted to explain to him, out of simple respect, because he like to be included in decisions, which he deserves that respect, and that is our marriage...he then offered it down to half of the $498 price, and before i could respond, his tone of voice got abrupt, and he hung up before i could even have said yes...and all due to fact of respect for my husband, and he was out on a call, so it is not as though i could contact him at anytime...i have worked in and opened several hotels, trained employees etc...some of which were holiday inn full srv, express, resorts, marriott properties, and hilton properties, and part of my training was not to talk down to a customer, which is the way, and usually the main part of conversation that guests would remember...i do know that it was on a 1st come 1st serve process, as i said i have work in various areas of tourism and convention, etc. in the travel industry...

s a vest
          ----- Original Message -----

james Dec 01, 2008

Misslead about locations and wouldn't refund money

Summer Bay Resort — they just scammed me

It is now 9:45pm in Illinois. Summer Bay just called a few hours ago and gave me a package for 4 days in...

Summer Bay Resortrip offs

I booked, well I thought I did and when I called to see what the problems was I got bounce from extension to extension it went like this and these are real names of there poor workers all started at 9:00am June 18, 2008 I spoke to Glenda, she transferred me to Kia, she transferred me to Dave, he transferred me to cherry, she transferred me to Whitney, then I got transferred back to Glenda, she hung up on me! I called back, Glenda picked up! I ask why she hung up, she transferred me to Jackie the operator, then I got Nadine she was a rude *** and would get her manager, she did say his name was M. Brandon, I don’t know if his is real or not! Then I got transferred back to Jackie and then I was transferred to so front asst manager I explain the problem she asked me my name, CLICK! The call was disconnected! This was on the 18 of June, on the 17 of June they kept hanging up period! I never got the room! I here are the numbers I called [protected]-8553

Summerbay resorts kept selling and selling and selling and when its your turn to use what you paid for, Nothing! We should bring a class action lawsuit against them! What a piece of *** that place is!

Anne Jun 20, 2008

Hi Dylan,

I saw how pissed off you are at Summer bay and I am totally 101% agree with you. I have not been more pissed off in my life with anything. The reason it...if you do try to book with them, you'll be MORE pissed off. Because that is when you'll find out there is tons of hidden charges in there. The beauty of it is, none of those hidden charges was ever mentioned in the Terms and Conditions. And if you refuse to pay for it, they will tell you that you cannot take the vacation if you do not pay those (ie: they will try to charge you $100 transportation fee and make it sound pretty and all that saying that is only to take good care of you from the airport to the hotel...I said I am capable of paying for my own transportation and do not appreciate them charging me $100 for a 15 mins ride...especially in Mexico!!! When I said that, they said then I cannot take my vacation, is that messed up?) When questioned about it, no one can provide you with an explanation. Is that pathetic or what? Anyways, please help to voice your concern so that the government can do something about them. You can file a complaint to the Orland Better Business Bureau and also the www.800helpfla.com I believe that is the correct name ( I don't have the exact address here with me) But if you cannot find it, please contact me and I'll provide you with the exact information.

PS: Do not feel bad, because you are not the only one who got the hang up. I got it MULTIPLE times. When I filed the complaint to the Better Business Bureau, guess what the reply from the company was. They said they're are working hard to add more lines...OMG, this makes me want to cry for more victims...add more lines for WHAT? for crazy sales I bet!!! I can bet my life that it has nothing to do with helping customers who ALREADY PAID and would like customer service on helping them book their trip. How pathetic!

• Fr
            fromCA Jul 18, 2008

Agreed! Trying to call for clarity and info, or to cancel-on hold for long periods of time-then they CANT find my phone #, name, or thread #, etc. I now have 4-5 phone #'s.
            The QA person (Jeff, James Baker-a Director???) not helpful. They discount any complaint and think it is a joke. (joke on the buyer!)
            The Sales presentation is misleading-I asked 3x the Napa trip stay is where? ("the RiverPointe Hotel they said) The QA assurance person played the tape recording when I asked this to the "final" sales person-who stated-yes-you will "review" the RiverPointe.(PLAY ON WORDS) He also said (on the tape) you can sell it on EBAY. (no you cant unles you are a travel agent-Ebay checks you out).
            This company is inconsistent, unorganized, uncaring, and makes it impossible to get any answers or your money back. THEY need to be closed down!
            They use "con artist" tactics.

*Contact all the agencies (BBB, Attorney Gen-FL, Consumer Fraud Protection..)to close this outfit down.

Anne Aug 09, 2008

The sad thing is, people are still able to operate because people did not take their time or have the time to file a formal complaint. I did, I filed a formal complaint to the BBB and 800helpfla.com, the process is not too bad honestly. You just have to fill out your complaint like the way you did here and you're all done. That way at least the gov't agency would know about it and become aware of the situation. As a result, something may be able to be done about it and we can help other potential victims from being scammed.

However, one thing we cannot prevent is that Summer Bay operated under many names (as I have done a search on it). All the same company, but they'll offer the EXACT same deal. So be very weary the next time you're being offered something similar to this.

M Touless, I agree with you about James Baker, he is not only helpless but his responses is so pathetic I sat there and think how in the world a person like this can be the Manager or Director? I wrote a formal complaint letter, clearly detailing each and every of my concerns and disappointment. I got a generic reply that talks about their company and a copy of the Terms and Conditions - nothing in his reply answers any of my concerns and questions. I told him I read every words of the Terms and Conditions and do not need him to provide me with another one, but my concern is that the Terms and Conditions are misleading and that the hidden fees was not even mentioned in the terms and Conditions. Well guess what. Hidden fees: I specifically stated that they are Booking Fees and Mandatory transporatation fee. He came back saying that they are in the Terms and conditions and point out the hotel taxes. Now, even if you're reading this would you see what I mean? I am asking about Booking fee (which is on top of the hotel taxes that we have to pay) - but he come back and tell me about the hotel tax which I DID NOT ask for. Then he said customers are responsible for their own transportation. Which I am totally aware of and glad to get my own transportation. But my complaint was that I am now NOT allow to pay for my own transporation else where, I have to pay Summer Bay for their ridiculous tranportation, I am forced to go through Summer Bay. If I refuse, the rep told me I cannot take the vacation.

After about 3 times of letter going back and forth, I am NOW still do not have a straight answer from James Baker to address any of my vacation. How pathetic can this be?

Summer Bay Resortsstay away from them

Having seen comments on this site about Summer Bay Resorts, I feel really sorry for myself. I, too, liked what I heard when they explained about all the luxury they had to offer - at a low cost - it seemed at first glance.

However - they are are bunch of crooks only after your money, and what they have to offer is only headache, trouble and misery. Because - if you decide to accept their package, you will end up paying several thousands for a trip you could find much better at half the price.

Disgusting people. Stay away from them. Purifined poison.

• Re
              reccomend to others Aug 30, 2008

i totally disagree this is a great company i've bought several packages and i loved each one they have great customer service. i had a wonderful experience.

• Al
              Alea Dec 03, 2008

Hello people!
              I NEED HELP! I live in Germany..
              I won in Internet 3000 dollar.. The number I called was in Orlando, Florida-"Summar Bay Resorts". They offer me a vacation pack for 4 pers. This vacation gonna cost me like 3898 US dollar. The balance is still 898 dollar, which I have to pay per credit card. I asked which guarantie did I have? The lady said, that they will send me everything home after 2 weeks and when I pay, she will give me a cod & talk something about proove for the tickets.
              I have to give them answer tomorrow and after what I read here, I´m still not sure.. Please, if somebody read this here, now, today, give me a quick answer. I gonna be very happy for any answer and thankfull for help.

Nice greetings.. and thanks..
              Alea

• Ro
              router Feb 13, 2010

Smokey Mountain Getaways is summer bay. Lying ###ing ###.

Summer Bay Resort — I was scammed

Summer Bay Resort - what can I say? Like million others out there, I'm severely burnt and was scammed...

Summer Bay Resorts — rip off!

In January 2008 I purchased what I believed to be only 2 adult theme parks. Anything else that was included...