Summer Bay Resortsdishonesty, excessives fees

M Review updated:

I have owned now for over 6 years. I am on the points system and have had nothing but problems from the time I signed the contract. The office staff is discourteous and management doesn't care about the owners concerns. I was hit with a 30% fee added to my maintenance fee while I was travelling and the Summer Bay website was under maintenance. YEs people we are only talking about one month after the due date. I tried to contact management and I only got their voicemail. Two days later I received a call from their third party collection agency at which time I was told that I can call all I want but the office will only forward my contact information to them. I am looking into filing a class action lawsuit in the name of all harmed owners at Summer Bay. If you are interested I will be posting the informaation very soon. If you are considering purchasing at Summer Bay...think twice. Last, to answer your question, I have never missed a payment over the past 6 yrs.

Christopher Hager Dec 21, 2015

I am an owner also. Have had numerous unprovojed problens with these timeshare. I own a Condo III & a Villa.
    Even now, no bill for Maint/Tax fees have arrived as of Sat. 12/19/15, and they are due next week!!!
    The owners portal is "shut down for maint" ???? Now???
    Unless a revenue stream is collecting late fees, due to their neglegence, ... why would they choose now to shut down such a site, .. "expecting payments, having sent no billing!!! How, is one to pay what is never disclosed.
    Print the site page showing its closed (dated & timed) to prove this fact.
    They will lock you out of your unit anyway, as its occurred before, but end of calendar year, with late fee/s" never paid, they will list a credit to your account. Its extorsion.

Keep me in the loop for class action. I am interested.
    [email protected] gmail.com

• Wi
    William J. Price Sep 18, 2018

I too, fell for this "promise". They had told me when we purchased the unit that the maintainence fees, (which were just under 250.00 per year for a biennial timeshare (500.00 per year) back in 2004 would never exceed 10% over the course, due to incoming clients which would absorb any higher costs due to inflation, price increases, etc.I was just quoted the new price of 1, 000.00 maintainence fees today...or $500.00 per year! for a biennial member/owner. That's a 100% increase over 14 years...these people are [censored]ters and tell you anything to sign their papers. Keep me in the loop for a class action suit against these [email protected]

Noam11 Oct 21, 2018

Hi My parents also have a timeshare in Summer Bay Resort. I don't know how to get them out of it. I think the best way to sue them. Please keep me in the loop for a class action suit against these people... [email protected]

• Me
    Metoostone Nov 19, 2018

We would also like to be Part of any class action suit against summer bay or exploria. We have owned since 1989.

• Di
    Diane Godin Jan 07, 2019

We are also interested in getting out of contract 2018 fees over 1500.00. We've owned since 1998 and getting ready to retire and can not afford these ridiculous fees. Based on Last year's fees it's over a 20% Increase . I'm done with it. We have meeting tomorrow with them. They say there have been many changes under new ownership, as far as I can tell they have all been expensive.