Suddenlink Communications Logo

Suddenlink Communications

Having problems with Suddenlink Communications?

Suddenlink Communications reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 17, 2008. The latest review Internet and phone service was posted on Jun 2, 2021. The latest complaint customer service/ billing was resolved on Dec 04, 2019. Suddenlink Communications has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 706 reviews. Suddenlink Communications has resolved 51 complaints.

Suddenlink Communications Customer Service Contacts

520 Maryville Centre Dr., Ste. 300
Saint Louis, Oklahoma
United States - 63141-5820

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Suddenlink Communications Customer Service. Initial Suddenlink Communications complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Suddenlink Communications above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Suddenlink Communications. Discuss the issues you have had with Suddenlink Communications and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Suddenlink Communications Complaints & Reviews

Suddenlink Communicationsservice call, having to pay for their equipment malfunctions

I had a Suddenlink contractor come to my house to fix an internet issue. The issue was the box/router. The contractor fixed the issue. I just happen to say to him, "You aren't going to charge me are you?" I asked him this because I was charged a few months prior for another issue involving a Suddenlink contractor. THIS IS FRAUD. When a contractor finishes his work, THEY GIVE US NO PAPER WORK. WE SIGN NOTHING. If you get charged the $60 service charge, you can complain. But, I have had several Suddenlink employees tell me that the complaint will go back to the contractor and they have the final say. So, what do you think they will say? They say, that they remember that specific house and call (even though they work hundreds a week and the complaint may not make it back to them until a month or more passed the day they came to your house). SUDDENLINK WILL NEVER CREDIT YOU FOR THE SERVICE CALL. It is a scam. They want you to pay the $6.99 per month for maintenance. The customer has no protection. We are at the mercy of whatever the contacter wants to put on his paper and never get to see it or must sign for it. Buyer beware.

Suddenlink CommunicationsProduct and customer service

Suddenlink installed service in November, the cable tv was fine however the internet and telephone service only worked minimally, maybe 10 percent of the time. I was told to call the installer to avoid any service charges. The installer did not return any phone calls. I had difficulty calling suddenlink, I went through this automated process repeatedly on hold never speaking to a real person. Eventually I talked to a very rude person whom made me feel it was my problem and not the service.

Suddenlink CommunicationsCustomer Service

I cancelled the cable portion of my service unfortunately I still have the internet. I called to cancel the TV portion on July 15, 2018 they said we will nd a box to return the cable box. Neve arrived so they charge m $265 for the box. I call and they then say sending a return box or prepaid label is impossible in my area I do liv in a remote state of OHIO. What a joke this company is. So now I have to send he box back on my dime. Gee thanks for being our customer. I will spend the res of the ay finding a way to cancel the internet. How you are still in business is beyond me.

Suddenlink Communicationsinternet

I just payed my bill for the first time this month. It has been working very amazing until Sunday the 29th the day it was due. After I payed it it has been freezing and acting up like every ten minutes. It worked perfectly fine until I gave you guys money. I looked to see if there was an outage in the area but it says everything is fine. I would like you to please fix this because I just payed $73 for your "best internet" services and it is not the best

Suddenlink Communications — tv / internet / phone

SUDDENLINK Date Time Spoke To: Call Duration: Notes 7/24/2018 8:08am Tatiana 20 mins Called and spoke to...

Suddenlink Communicationscable tv and internet

Suddenlink Communicationsall

Called on July 18 2018. I am disabled and have an ATT cell phone which needs a microcell to work 99% of the time. The microcell uses the Internet to assist in the calls. On the 18th TiVo was not working on remote TVs and phone line that is from suddenlink was out. Called Suddenlink and was also told I also had a spike in power over my service. They could not get a service technician to my house before I left town but could get a line technician to check the pole to see why I got the power a spike. They said the scheduled appointment was on the 23-24 of July to check the pole. While I was gone internet went out so I could not control my nest thermostat to cool my house down before I returned (The nest is a internet controlled thermostat so you can adjust it from your phone while at home or out of town all you need is internet and my phone has great internet, suddenlink not so). Needless to say the house was 80 degrees when we got home in central Louisiana where the heat index is over 108 degrees daily in the summer. Called suddenlink and they said they would have somebody come out on Sunday, time came and gone so I called about my appointment and they said they miss spoke and it would be Monday, but they would send someone to check the pole. The order request to check the pole was 23-24 of July not the 30th. (WTF). I did complain the my modem was flashing more lights than a Christmas tree and they said it was over three years old and they had problems with them and it needed to be replaced. I asked why they had not scheduled for that to be done and they responded it was up to the customer to do that. Well l have problems with their service every couple of months and have to manually reset the modem and call them, but I guess I never asked to have my faulty modem replaced and I guess it's not up to them to tell them their job and insist on a new one. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. My first experience with them in this house was after my old house got flooded with about six feet of water and moved into this house that at the time we were flipping. Every toy my daughter had was soiled with waste water(oil, gas, insecticides, sewer water and so on, so everything was thrown out). We had our services transferred to our new house and it took ten days. Two days after it the service was connected my daughter told me her tv went out. I went outside and they had sent a service man terminate our service. They sent him out with a paper list of houses that did not have service that was weeks old and he was going around disconnecting houses from the service poles, They evidently got their list prior to the ten days of me having my service change and paying an outrageous disconnect and reconnection fee and the new service turned on, they were using a very, very, very old list. They disconnected my service and when I stopped and asked the service technician what he was doing and showed him the paperwork I received when I had the services moved, he wouldn't even call the office to verify what I was showing him was accurate. This was Saturday and He told me to call the office Monday and they could straighten it out, that would have meant no phone, no internet and no TV until they could schedule some to fix their f**k up. To bad for him he pulled his truck was pulled a little to far down the driveway so I pulled my F250 right to his pumper and said when the tv comes on I'll move my truck and I turned around and went inside. He then called and had put the cable acrossed two poles to the main service to get it back to my house and working again. So of course I moved my truck. I never got an apology or even a call and that was probably the best service I have had in ten years. When I did get them to add another line which they new was going to have to be in the attic they came in the afternoon and said that they were not allowed to go in attics after 10:00 because of the heat and I would have to reschedule, so I volunteered to go in the attic and drill the hole to run the cable thru the attic and down the wall (I didn't even get a thank you). He made the whole in the wall to run the cable out and it looked like he put his fist through it (pictures below) and used a little wall cover that didn't even cover the hole. After I complained they ordered and brought a doubled size wall outlet to fix it, it fell of the wall one week after that. I just wish it was not a monopoly on cable here because they would be out of business ( it rains to much for direct tv to be efficient ). I wish ATT 2 wire would come to this area. The real SAD thing is I have been a customer For over 30 year and they treat you like s**t, what ever happened to customer loyalty!!! And to top it off so they would not have to trim a tree (there job) they looped my cable line down the main line then to the pole closer to my house, I guess it's some sort of new engineering. Picture include also!

Suddenlink Communicationsinternet

I was supposed to get service hooked up on Friday, July 27, 2018. The tech got here Friday morning & tells me he's not gonna be able to service it because my house is in between two main lines. so i get on the phone and contact the office & they didn't have an answer. so i called back today and i was informed that service would not be available to me. I was told multiple times & have a voicemail from the girl who set me up saying i needed to send in my final bill & my termination fee BEFORE my install. so i send all that info in before he gets here & when i called to cancel my other services they charged me my termination fee of $310 which i had to pay that day. I'M PISSED. i would like my $310.00 that Suddenlink was going to pay for me switching services. It's NOT my fault i was told i could get service & then the guy comes out to install and all of a sudden he can't service my house. Never once was i told i might not be able to get service. If i don't get my $310.00 back or service to my house i will be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Suddenlink Communicationsbilling and netflix

We whent two out of the now 4 moths without any equiment. Never have you guy paid for are netflix that came with the bundle and they were supposed to credit are account for thoughs two months. We now have a bill over 2000 dollars.We have cancelled are cable and just want Internet, we were told it would be took care of by are next bill and it has not.

Suddenlink Communicationsservice and billing

I canceled Suddenlink June 26..I then returned equipment and they told me I still had service ..I requested again to cancel service..I asked to check and make sure it was canceled..They said it was..I get a bill this morning for 2 months of service..I call and they say it is still in service and to wait 2 more days so it will go into next months billing cycle..What kind of idiots do they hire there ?

• Lo
                      Louise Thompson Aug 14, 2018

I cancelled my Suddenlink tv. I wanted to keep my home phone and internet which I have done. Suddenlink kept billing me for 3 cable boxes. I have 1 not 3. Now I will pay for internet and house phone. The representative saw the cables as I laid them on his desk. He never said a word. Then he said I should take them back home and rehook them back up BECAUSE I would have to pay for the rest of the month . WHY? I got the tv cables back to the Suddenlink store on August 12th.. The representative also said Suddenlink had removed the other 2 boxes from my billing. Where do I contact Suddenlink for a refund. Its not the company . The company clearly needs better trained people. They need people who actually tell you what your contract with Suddenlink says. If I cannot afford the TV or if I have hospital coming up, WHY have TV ?

Suddenlink Communications — customer billing & satisfaction is pathetic at best

Customer Satisfaction "We Promise" is poorly demonstrated by Suddenlink. This slogan should be removed from...

Suddenlink Communicationsinternet down

yesterday july 22 2018, sunday power and internet went down. power took about 3.5 hrs to come on, internet was never worked on. you call suddenlink all it says is there is an outage in my area, no [censored]. the interruption was down the street and there were no big storms, its been 13 hrs and counting and suddenlink has sent no one to fix the internet line in my area. suddenly needs to inform people how long till a repair crew actually gets to area to make repairs, how long it will take, and automatically credit you for the down time because we the customer shouldn't have to pay for service time we are not getting, and shouldn't have to call and argue with them to get credit for a known outage, this is [censored].

Suddenlink Communicationstv and internet service

We have had technicians out to the house on multiple occasions. The internet we are paying for deserves the correct speed. WiFi dropped all the time. Speeds are not what we pay for. Also the picture on our channels break up and freeze and pixelate all day. Something must be done or we will be changing providers. The techs keep saying it might be wiring but never replaces. Might be ampage on taps but never does anything about it.

Suddenlink Communicationsboth internet and cable

I signed up for an account to pay my bill online and they are saying i signed up for them to automatically charge my card, however I wouldn't do that as I know my bill is paid 1 time a month when i get paid on the 3rd. I also know i wouldnt allow them to take as much money as they did. They were paid 3x this month. When i call i am getting a run around and it keeps saying there are no agents to speak to at this time due to high call volumes and we've had many issues with the internet and constant provlems with the cable going out. When ive called in the past i get longer than normal wait times. I have requested my money back as the payment should not have been taken. This is not my fault and I may lose my home because of it. Because of their not wanting to listen to the customer.

Suddenlink Communicationscable internet billing practices

Although I am paying my cable/internet bill in advance every month, it seems that my payment date which is the 1st means nothing. It is when they send me the upcoming bill that they count as my billing date which is via email 14 days prior to the 1st which is when my bill is actually due. I say this because I need my bill to be after the 1st on the 3rd of after due to my social security check deposit date. I asked via Chat to change my billing date to the 4th each month. The agent did try, but due to the restraints he is under wasn't allowed to do this because I have to have no balance on my account in order to change my billing date. Actually I have no balance due. I owe Suddenlink not one red copper cent until the money is actually due on the 1st. I have tried to get this done once before and had to pay the extra days between the old and new payment dates and still the new payment date was not correct. So I asked the Agent to email me a copy of our Chat. I was told that they couldn't do that. So here we have a communications company claiming to provide cutting edge technology to individuals and businesses and you are telling me you cannot email a Chat Transcript? Every other company I have ever had a Chat Session with has sent me a Chat Transcript without even being asked. Bottom line is Suddenlink Agents are either trained to go out of their way to avoid actually 'assisting customers' or prohibited from fully assisting customers in order to suck more money out of us. I have a copy of the Chat Session. I am taking this to the local office where I know I will not get the issue resolved. I cannot pay the bill until the 3rd of August which means Suddenlink will add a $10 late fee. I am not paying that late fee and I want it removed and my payment date changed to the 4th of each month.

Suddenlink Communications — internet/cable/phone bundle

I was basically forced to get their unlimited data plan and from the day the tech installed the NEW Modem it...

Suddenlink Communicationsinternet

I called and asked Suddenlink why my internet went up $10.00 a month and I was not getting the speed I was paying for. They said the increase was because they were updating equipment and raised everyone's rates. I asked about the speed and they transferred me and no one answered and it disconnected. The very next day I got a notice that I had exceeded my data for the first time. I found this odd since my data usage showed 66% the day before. Then I got a notice on the same day that I had "exceeded my data" that I had used 75%. Today I get an email that I had exceeded my data for a second time, all during the same billing period. I only had issues when I started questioning them about my bill and internet speeds.

Suddenlink Communicationstechnical employee

We just had a supposed Technical Employee knock on our door with no appointment. He said he shut our internet off because it was interfering with something, and if we don't let him in our home to fix the problem he'll keep our service turned off. We let him into the basement to address the problem we didn't even know we were having. He comes back upstairs, tightens a cord on our motem, said that was the issue and left. This one of the most bizarre experiences we've ever had. He wasn't wearing anything to show he was a suddenlink employee, didn't tell us he was from Suddenlink, didn't tell us he was shutting our services off temporarily, then threatened to keep our service off if we didn't let him in our home. All over a loose wire on our motem? What issues would that cause for anyone but our own service which was working fine before he shut it off? Customer service had no answers for me. Absolutely insane.

Suddenlink Communicationsinternet

A week ago, my new install was confirmed. tech came and installed my tv and Internet package. It worked for 4 min. he had already left. Called tech support she could not get router to work on that end and scheduled for next day. Guy came out worked for again 4 min. and left. Called customer service had an appointment today, it worked for 4 min. HE LEFT AT 2pm. Called customer service was on phone for 30 min to speak again to a tech, she again could not get it up and running on her end. REFUSING TO MAKE ACCOMMODATIONS TO GET SOMEONE BACK HERE TODAY. She scheduled another appointment for tomorrow between 10 and 12.
                                I am a victim of my own home. Should i as a new install customer be subject to such patheticness? Please advise...

Suddenlink Communications — unethical behavior account #[protected]

Patricia Perry RE: 844 Field Crossing Aubrey TX 76227 I moved to Austin first week of February, 2018...