Subway Restaurantmanager's attitude was like who cares

A few months ago I pulled up to the window at the jefferson street subway in athens. I ordered a large sub and told the cashier make it tuna. I notice the workers laughing and giving each other high fives. Later I found out why. It was not a tuna it was meat ball with everything I requested on the tuna, mayo, green pepper etc. I called the mgr. And informed, the mgr. Said they were out of tuna. The mgr. Never said come back and we will make it right. The manager's attitude was like who cares. I e-mailed a complaint to the subway web site and no response. Needless to say I don't trade there at all!

SubwayWorker1990 Sep 05, 2012

And for Subwayninja... For shame. Subway Restaurants do not need workers like you in their stores. I am sure you are more qualified for a different line of work.. Like fixing plumbing or computer analysis, something that doesn't have to do with the public. EVER.

SubwayWorker1990 Sep 05, 2012

I forgot to give you the email... did I mention i am a little forgetful... [email protected]
    That's a number 1 and lower case "o" and another 1.

SubwayWorker1990 Sep 05, 2012

I have worked at Subway for almost two years now. I love my job, I love my customers, and okay...sure... some days are better than others but never have I been out-right rude to my customers. I have had complaints, but I am regrettably for them and make it a personal mission to correct them. I close most evenings and I always quality control my food before i put it up, even if i have to throw away a whole pan of food because i know it's not going to last the night and be perfect in the morning. I do not own this store, but I do feel like it is my responsibility. Some of the issues are not always from the person right in front of you making your sandwich. For example: I read a post earlier today about a young lady coming in to order a sandwich and there only being two kinds of bread to choose from. She was upset, its understandable. However, The person who was taking her order might have just arrived for their shift, and the worker before him/her might not have made bread for the evening. WHY YOU MIGHT ASK. Simply for the fact that it was not his/her problem and they were not the ones going to be penalized for the problem. Its a sad fact but most people do not take pride in their work. Bread take over and hour to proof and cook at Subway, if the employee would have began making bread twenty minutes before their shift ended, the other co - worker would not have had to worry about to clocking in, discovering they had to make bread, finding out how much and of what kind to make, getting it out of the ###er(It's the cabinet in the cooler were the bread is kept), spraying it with water and scoring the bread, heating up the proofer and oven. On top of proofer for and hour, bread cooks for at least 10 minutes, and then sits on the cooling rack for an additional 30 minutes. I know in most peoples eyes 20 minutes is not a lot, but it really helps when it comes to making the bread. I Love my job, I want the feed back, I tell my manager all the time; If I am not doing something the right way or your unhappy with the way I am doing it, Let me know otherwise how do i know your unhappy with me. You don't have to yell at me, just tell me. AND YES I KNOW, WE ASK YOU THE SAME QUESTIONS SIX DIFFERENT TIMES. But with that big toaster in the back we cant hear a thing and that glass the protects the food from coughs and sneezes, It works as a great sound buffer also. I want you guys to let me know I cant give the location of the store I don't know how upper management would feel about it but I do have an email address that i will share with you guys if you have any question comments or grievances with my post.

• Br
    BRAH Aug 13, 2012

i do not give sub to my dogs inspeter nail1/2 inch long guy from red deer alberta DISCRIMINATIONI AM SIKH

• Bo
    bohemia123123 Aug 10, 2011

Subway restaurant: Please dont stop seafood and crab sandwich. I recently found out that subways in vancouver bc, are no longer providing their customers a seafood ancrab sandwich.

Subwayninja Jun 23, 2011

If youre to lazy to stand in line for five mins at subway then its your own fault plus subway drive through should not exist you people want to eat fresh and be healthy? GET THE ### OUT OF YOUR CAR most of you need the work out comin up to me all sweaty and out of breath because you just walked five ###ing feet JC you people have no faults do you

notica Oct 01, 2010

I have been working at Subway for 2 and 1/2 months now and trust me when I say I am looking for a new job. I like many of you had a nice picture in my head of a fresh clean place. I was so wrong, they change the dates on the food to today's date and you then don't know how old it is, my co-worker who has now moved on from this horrible job found green fluff on the cold cut trio. I often find the east Indian ladies hair in the prepared produce. The sauce containers never get washed out new sauce just keeps getting added. They usually only have one person working so not only is it a lot of work it is really hard to find time for a break. I no longer want to work there because I am not proud and I like to take pride in my work. If I had the financial backing I would quit today.

• Mo
    monstersquad Mar 20, 2010

All of you who have a 5 dollar foot long problem. It does NOT say just any. it say any REGULAR foot long is 5 dollars.

• Pi
    pixiefran Jun 18, 2009

wow, jason tillo, you seem like an absolute freak. I'm a year younger than you and already i've gleaned that you can make a complaint about almost anything that anyone throws your way, and doubtless you'll throw some sort of purile insult my way when this gets posted. How dare you call peaches a whiny child? She's being treat terribly in her job - something you, as an unemployed individual, are in no position to comment on. Stop sitting at your computer harassing people and GET A LIFE.

Tracy Jun 17, 2009

You fools, it's not identity fail. I did that just to confuse Jason. He's such a jerk. Now I see there are 3 other jerks here as well. Michael1972, you just registered today, right? How come you know so much about me? Who is nonniemouse?

Jason I have a good job as a nurse in a hospital. Why don't you get a high school diploma? Oh that's right, you wrote that you dropped out! Oh my, what a L o s e R.

NoThanks, no thanks.

• Mi
    Michael1972 Jun 17, 2009

I would say you are busted Tracy. Or do you prefer to be called NonnieMouse?

• Mr
    mrsquigles Jun 16, 2009

Identity fail.

Tracy Jun 16, 2009

Oh and for others, I am Tracy, just speaking in third person because of Jason's mind. He can't fathom people having any brains because he doesn't. So to confuse him more, I said I was my own mother! lol He's his own loser.

He complained here for his mother because she ordered him a kid's meal and they forgot to give her a penny change. He was mad, because then she couldn't buy him a bubblegum out of the machine. Oh my! Jason is such a baby.. who would admit to being a high school drop out anyway? Jason would.

Tracy Jun 16, 2009

Jason, first of all she doesn't go to BK. She has no children, she never orders a kid's meal anywhere! We don't like BK because the food is awful!

Secondly, you are a loser if you are a high school drop out. Tracy has a college education and is an RN. You can't do much but work at manual labor all your life, digging ditches or sitting on the computer trolling people. Who pays for your meals? Your mama buys you kid's meals doesn't she? Tell us the truth. She was the one who complained about the penny.

As we say, a penny earned is a penny saved. You will never know the feeling of having money though, because you will be at minimum wage if you EVER get a job.

Tracy's mom. Thank God not yours. I'd have tossed you out when you left school. You're emancipated. Go on your own!

Tracy Jun 14, 2009

Then you're a loser since you're a high school drop out. That's why you cannot get a job.

Tracy Jun 13, 2009

Jason Tillo is the resident teenage troll, learned it at his mom's knee. He doesn't work, he can't work. He's a just turned 17 high school snip.

We all know those kinds right? Not a jock, but a nerd who failed most of his subjects not dealing with P.E.

Tracy Jun 13, 2009

Yep that's why I have more money than you do Jason and you will never be rich. It was 5 cents, not a penny. You had the wrong person there at BK. I don't eat that slop either.

I'd rather be cheap than an unpopular 11th grader of 17. Fat and greasy I suppose from trolling under those bleachers and eating crap from the ground after the games. No girl wants you which is why you're always here! You're pitiful.

Jason the board troll, photo attached.

Tracy Jun 12, 2009

People Jason Tillo is a barely 17 year old high school student. Don't even listen to him. He's the board troll.

Tracy Jun 12, 2009

HAHA

12 days ago by Jason Tillo -2 Votes
    Why are you sprading lies about your former complaint. You were really fired because you had a bad performance. Grow up and stop lying.
    12 days ago by Jason Tillo -2 Votes
    I don't believe you about you boss hiring people that are too lazy. After all he hired you and you are too lazy to run a spell check.

Apparently you are too honey. Look at " sprading" and "you" boss. You always show your butt, don't you? ROFL

DON'T GO THERE Jun 12, 2009

rite mate ur pushing this abit too far now, im old enough to realise ur just a ###, useless and a mug.thank god i have a family not like u being a typical coward, lonely and stupid.I suggest you to go on the highest building and push urself down yeah, im sure you will enjoy it and if you have anything to do with subway take some sandwiches with you and eat them ### head, if u dnt die from the jump im sure u will die later of food poisoning mate .how about that.enjoy it mate

DON'T GO THERE Jun 04, 2009

have you ever worked for subway or you cant even move out side ur cage cos you dnt manage? i really feel sorry for u .wot a laugh, you probably eat alot of subways thats why ur brain is working like this, init?

DON'T GO THERE Jun 04, 2009

jason mate get a life, and also stop callin people names cos that shows that you can recognize yourslef, dnt put ur ### on others.stop being useless

• Cr
    CryBabyBuster Jun 03, 2009

Now I'm scared to eat subway.

• Pe
    peaches Jun 03, 2009

ok [censored] 80 bucks is missing and its not from my id and number 2 i dont want any wierdos knowing my name. by the looks of it u have nothing in life to do but comment on here and thats pretty pathetic and i dont know where you live but here its illegal to take money without without the proper cause. obviously you're on disability and have nothing to do or you're a subway manager because your so quick to comment on the same day that i posted this ...WOW. plus what does someone defending me have anything to do with me being immature. instead of posting your critism on other ppls post be productive and go watch some and jerk off.

• Pe
    peaches Jun 03, 2009

i work at subway and i definately agree with your situation. the owner i work for is very lazy. i do 97% of the work there and only get paid minimum wage. also on saturdays i open the store up and i always arrive there 45 to 30 minutes early like they wanted me to to set everything up and have some breads ready. for the last year that i worked there i havent been getting paid for the 45 to 30 minutes that i work there. they also never have a set schedule and i go day by day not knowing what time i have to work and on top of that they get pissy if i dont come in what ever time they need me. they never even call me to let me know for the next day. another thing to add to on top of this is the cah register problem we have been having. when ever i work that day with the owner and his wife and touch the cash register they complain how they are missing 80 dollars or what ever amount is missing that day and one day they took 40 dollars out of my paycheck which i think is very illegal on top of the schedule problem. i told them to check the cameras and they refuse to do so which sounds very suspicious. my husband had a talk with them because he is tired of this bullcrap they keep pulling, as i am but i try not to say anything because i dont want to cause problems, but i have had enough with this. we also have a bug problem and there are ants and termites all over the place, i have told the owner that he needs to get an exterminator and i do what i can to keep it clean, like i said i do most of the work there but he keeps ignoring that fact that we have bugs. i still am currently working there until i find another job.

• Go
    godsaveusall May 30, 2009

its your own fault Britain. You let these indians flood into your country right under your nose and you didn't say anything.

Now you find out, they always thought they were better than you and now they have the power to deny you employment yet get rich off your money! Every TV show has to include an indian character now and in most cases they are the 'smart' ones.. so your kids don't forget who is their betters!

i hope its not too late for the US, i think Obama knows this (Bush didn't, he let alot of them flood into our country too). We are slowly closing the faucet that was flooding us with a torrent of these unethical bigots.

Best hope for Britain, if you see an indian behind the counter, WALK OUT! If they stop making money, they will definately go home, as thats the only reason they are there in the first place!

DON'T GO THERE May 30, 2009

The complaint has been removed by the request of the author.

• To
    Tona Mar 09, 2009

This is true about most Subway's. I remember when Subway was a clean restaurant with freshness that made your mouth water. Now they are nasty, rude, slow, and the managers are as bad as the worst employee.

• Jb
    j brock Feb 25, 2009

The subway in Duluth GA. at the Gwinnett place mall has a real attitude problem. The manager couple will not honor the coupons that they distribute to the other retailers in the mall. He rolls his eyes when presented with the coupon and says that he is not honoring them any more. When he or his wife are preparing the subs they are stingy with the filing. They put the smallest amount of lettuce( if you ask for more they roll their eyes} The tomatoes are sliced paper thin. I frequent other Subway shops in the area and I know how they are supposed to wrap the sub. This shop dosent double wrap {white paper around the sub and then the cover} I expect qualisty service and food at Subway. This shop is not one that I will eat at again.

• Rs
    rsvp Oct 31, 2008

OR I PAID $6.78 WHEN @ A DIFFERENT STORE I PAID $5.35 ALWAYS...

• Rs
    rsvp Oct 31, 2008

I have to complain about the false advertising by subway all foot long for 5.00, the subway resturant at danforth ave jersey city new jersey, sell only selected subs for 5.00 and there is a big sign out side says all sudway foot long $5.o0. I can belive i have been rip off .I AM NEVER BUYING SUBWAY AGAIN ...
    the same sandwich at a different location is $5.00 how could you go one place and it one price and another is different.

I THINK SOMEONE SHOULD LOOK IN TO MATTER CUZ ITS NOT FAIR IN THE TIME PEOPLE DONT HAVE MUCH MONEY TO SPEND...

• Ni
    Nicholas Aug 24, 2008

Please read:
    Subject: Subway restaurant.
    My story revolves around improper conduct/discrimination.
    /URL removed/

• Bl
    Blaze Apr 09, 2008

On April 8th 2008, 4104 Windsor Spring Rd in Hephzibah, GA . I was so disgusting by the language the employee used in front of my nephew. This woman had the nerve to argue with the customer about her meal. She slammed the customers' cups on the counter. Then said, "I can't believe she's arguing over 30 f**king cents." In front of my nephew, who is thirteen. I told the employee she owed my nephew an apology. She apologized with an attitude of course. The other female employee wasn't any better. She had attitude all over her face. The customers only wanted her to make their sandwich. The police officer also walked out. Whoever owns this restaurant you are definitely losing customers. Train your employees on business etiquette.

jane replogle Apr 02, 2008

i have eaten at a subway at 1895 hwy 20se in conyers, ga 30013 where the lady in there was rude, not friendly . I have eaten and do eat at subway everyday, and that is the worst one I have been to. Most of them are customer friendly, but not this one. Jane replogle 65 saratoga ct. covington, ga. 30016.My phone is [protected].

• Na
    Nancy Feb 29, 2008

Today I was at the 18th Street and I street in Washington, DC and there were 3 mexicans behind the couner. One of them started acting fresh with a customer in front of me and laughing at her, while she asked them to make the sandwich. She asked for toasted and it wasn't. It was given to her cold.

He started asking her personal questions, which she was very uncomfortable answering. There were atleast 6 people in line behind us.

If I were you, I would fire the men behind the counter right away. I would never ever enter a subway again. There is a quizno's and a McDonald's around the corner, and I would go there.

You just lost a customer and many more who will read this.

A disgusted customer.

• Ji
    Jim N. Feb 28, 2007

My friend contacted me about a special evening he planned at
    Paradou

8 Little West 12th Street
    New York, NY 10014
    Phone: 212.463.8345

You know the kind. Intimate setting, perfect seating, service , ambiance, food. This was going to be a splurge for a wonderful evening
    BUT

I would like to share the following for ANYONE who lives in or visits New York City and chooses the restaurant below for dining. Do yourself a big favor - Go past this establishment and take your money, appetite and desire for the perfect evening elsewhere.

Diner Beware!!!

Here is his reservation:

"[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
    .Dear Mr Natalicchio,

Thank you for making your dining reservation at Paradou.

Thank you for choosing Paradou. We are very pleased to have you joining us. Should your plans change, please give us a call at [protected] or via e-mail [email protected] We very much look forward to having you spend some time with us.

Your reservation for a party of 2 has been made for Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 6:30 PM.

(If you would like to change your reservation, please call us at 212.463.8345.)

Here is my friends letter to these people.

I got some news for you, you're not the only restaurant in town, we ended up going elsewhere where we were more than welcomed even without a reservation. I don't appreciate misinformation and don't appreciate being treated with substandard service, sorry my money isn't good enough for you. Maybe next time you and your staff will get it right. I am so disappointed in your restaurant and the awful service I got from your hostess I don't think I will ever be requesting a reservation again from your establishment. I made this reservation weeks ago as I wanted the entire day to be perfect for my partner's birthday, and it was until I arrived at the restaurant. I knew you had your Adult Bingo event or whatever you call it, but I called last week making sure the dining room would still be open and was assured that it would not be an issue. When I got there I was offered 2 tables which were not satisfactory in the bar area. Your bar area is fine, but I did not want to be there. After my partner requested a table in the corner near the window, I was told it was for someone else. Your uncaring rude hostess made it easy for me to say thank you and we quickly left. I got some news for you, you're not the only restaurant in town, we ended up going elsewhere where we were more than welcomed even without a reservation. I don't appreciate misinformation and don't appreciate being treated with substandard service, sorry my money isn't good enough for you. Maybe next time you and your staff will get it right.

Thanks for listening. What ever happened to real customer service? Isn't the 1st word in that term.....Customer?