Straight Talkharrassing phone calls

I have received multiple phone calls from the Indian call centers that Straight Talk wireless employs complaining about my data usage even though its very low(2.44MB received and 745.55KB sent) and for some reason they continuously call me to tell me that it is excessive even though I can only buy the unlimited plan because I have there most expensive phone that is a smart phone so it requires the 45 dollar a month UNLIMITED PLAN so then why do I keep getting harassed by them about my data usage I don't get it have spent the last three days on the phone with people that have no idea what I'm saying because there grasp of the English language is very limited. I was originally told that 2 or 3 GB was the average data usage for Straight Talk customers, my data usage is not even near that yet they keep harassing me someone please help with some suggestions on how to make them stop would love to sue them for false advertisement.

• El
    elmiguel May 02, 2012

Last month was my first with Straight Talk. I have to admit I did overuse the data. Instead of using wifi at home or at work I stayed on cellular data. A few days before the end of my cycle they turned it off. When I called they gave me the same explanation: They received notices that high usage of data was reported. So they reinstated my unlimited data plan!!! Well I was not allowed to renew or refill. The person I talked with, gave me a bunch of excuses and wanted to send me a new sim card because the system would not allow a refill. That meant I was going to be without cell phone serive for 3-7 days until the sim card arrived (which was free!!) but the real problem would be that I would lose my phone number. Well I asked to speak with a decision maker, I was transfered to someone who was able to bypass all the system limitation the first person had.

After that, for the new cycle I installed an app that tracks my data usage: both cell data and wifi. Well my wifi is through the roof around 4.5 gigabites while my Data usage is 455 megabytes. And surprisingly enough today I have received two more calls from straighttalk regarding my 'high usage"...unbeliable. Well, I understand they have me under the radar, but that is unethical in my view. So, I dont know if I will continue with that plan, I may just drop to the $30 plan which is limited, but atleast Im not going to be harrassed or mislead!!! I guess I will see what else this clowns come up with to try to disuade me from using my paid services. Ridiculous!

• Cl
    Clark3709 May 27, 2011

Ditto Lucas' comments. I've received the same phone call twice with someone who does not speak good English, so I asked for her supervisor. A guy came on line who spoke better English but could not tell me how much data I was using, refused to give me his name, refused to allow me to speak to anyone else, etc. My response was if he could not verify my data usage, then how could he know it was excessive? Re-read the fine print & did not see any specific limitations on data usage? Wondering if the call is a scam as there was no way to verify if the call was actually from Straight Talk.

• Ps
    psychoguile May 03, 2011

I'd love to figure out how to get them to stop too even though i also have the unlimited plan they told me that i have a limit and they could shut down my plan so i want to know how they think they can get away with this false advertising and harassment. if they shut off my phone i'm going to look into how i can go after them for the false advertising. my friend uses the net more on his but they haven't went after him.