Menu

reviews & complaints

Stop & Shop Complaints Summary

8 Resolved
356 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Stop & Shop with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Stop & Shop has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Stop & Shop. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Stop & Shop complaints 364

Sort by:

Newest Stop & Shop reviews & complaints

11:44 pm EDT

Stop & Shop Employee

Employee Rich, of the self checkout area for the Monroe NY store is a grumpy old fart! He is rude, impatient and talks down to customers. I am an avid customer of this store for the past 20 years and have never experienced an employee so rude as him. So much so I was taken back by his brash approach to a simple check out mistake in which he seemed irritated to fix. That. Is. His. Job. To help customers through the self checkout lanes. If he cannot do so with integrity, a smile and a friendly disposition then he should be removed from that role.

Desired outcome: Remove him from self check out.

P
10:19 am EDT

Stop & Shop Store #2513 4343 Amboy Road Staten Island, NY 10312

This store is going downhill fast. I have been shopping here for over 40 years. When it was Waldbaums, King Kullen and now S&S. It is filthy and for the 3rd or 4th time I have purchased a grocery item that was passed its expiration date, and by a full year or more. The management up there is lazy. The shelves are never full, the produce is the worst and dairy is sour within 2 days of bring home. You need to send someone up there and do a surprise visit. I try not to shop there but sometimes I don't have the time to go 3 towns over. It is getting progressively worse as time goes on.

Desired outcome: Send an inspector and get new management

Read full review of Stop & Shop and 1 comment
1 comment
supplyssere
, US
Aug 03, 2021 11:31 am EDT

It is a shame that the shelves are never full. People need to stop buying what you want so it is available to you. You should call them and tell them what you want. They should put it aside just for you. Roll out the red carpet when you arrive and give you all the items that they refused to sell to other people because you want them.

9:34 pm EDT

Stop & Shop Chicken Livers

My brother went to the Stop and Shop in Medford, Ma.and bought some chicken livers.The chicken livers were spoiled.They smelled horrible.They will be returned.

H
5:33 pm EDT

Stop & Shop Supervisors and management

I don't understand how someone can be in a position of authority and have no respect for others. This supervisor in particular, Sam Crusier, is straight up rude to employees and customers alike. i don't care if you have a bad day you do not take that to work and you do not act like you're better than everyone else because you're a supervisor. i walked out today because she refused to give me a break for my 7 hour shift. Also today she rolled her eyes to customers and pushed into a fellow coworker after saying hello and she is NEVER there to help us, always hiding in the cash office ordering sonic milkshakes

In another complaint, Keith Martin will make sure to schedule you whenever you are unavailable.

Nothing changes doesn't matter if you complain

U
10:52 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Managers in charge are abusing me emotionally. I hear this everywhere but nobody fires manager for what they do. One of my friends' stop & shop manager sexually harrased her but nobody fired him for it. And here in Framingham, Massachusetts managers are really pissing me off everytime. Im so chill and cool but they give me attitude for no reason. Please consider thid because im really depressed because of this

A
4:24 pm EST

Stop & Shop All doors are not open

The stop and shop location in Arverne NY has a set of entrance doors that do not open. This causes unnecessary traffic at the other door and the options to leave the store are very limited.
Why are these doors still closed?

Desired outcome: Open the other set of doors

D
9:21 am EDT

Stop & Shop Staffing

My spouse works for Stop and Shop, with the staffing issues right now - Upper Management needs to focus on fixing these problems vs Baby Food Dates and Dusting High Ceiling Lights (hire a company for this, you want people to fall off ladders?). Do you want your good employees to start quitting or getting sick because a day off cannot be scheduled in the month of August or any future weeks/ months? Please refocus NOW! I'm referring to the NJ stores in Monmouth/Ocean County - not sure what district this is.

Desired outcome: fix your staffing issues - include Store Managers & Assistants ASAP

F
1:08 pm EDT

Stop & Shop self checkout

Your new self check out system does not work properly. Since it has been installed I have not been able to check out without the assistance of an employee. The system doesn't recognize when I place my bag on the scale. I scan an item-it scans and I place it in the bag and the system does not recognize that it's in the bag and keeps telling me to place the item in the bag. Sometimes it just tells me I need assistance to purchase the item. Really - a 12 pack of water requires assistance? It's a pain for the customer and the employees. I suggest someone from corporate come down and give it a go.

Desired outcome: fix the system

5:38 pm EDT

Stop & Shop S&S in Rocky Hill CT Deli department

You have workers on the deli department that don't wear mask and touch their face and noses when handling food.
I see that almost all of your employees were mask but your deli department.
Please make have some senses when handling ham and cheese cut and sneeze all over the food. I think is o.e of the department that should always were gloves and mask while handling food.
S&S store in Rocky Hill CT

Desired outcome: Make changes to food handling in the deli department

4:20 pm EDT

Stop & Shop Bad experience as employee

I was working at dartmouth mall 25 faunce corner. From the first day I went to work there I have received burllying and overwork outside the law. From the first day I started working there, I have received burllying from the supervisor Kevin and the worker named Nita and the substitute Linda, I also experienced excess work outside the law. Nita and Linda left me in writing what I had to do every day, but I didn't like that because it seemed like I'm crazy and I can't memorize my work. of Kevin and the other time in front of the substitute supervisor. He told me to ignore him. They spent a few days, they kept writing, it was a Wednesday July 14, 2021 of this week I described what I have to do and I described what they have to do and they do it wrong. That Richard from human resorse is a racist and a monster, the third week I slipped and fell with one leg back and one leg forward, he just said are you okay? It lasted 4 days that I could walk and with my stubby left arm I never asked myself anything, nor did I give the attendance form at work. On Thursday they sent me home and yesterday they sat me in the office for one hour and he gave me to understand that I was to blame and that because I wrote back what I said above and that I already had a guarning and there were already two I did not know the other. I was sitting in the office supposedly going to work because the substitute had changed my day and it was for the two manayers to dress me up at the same time and I would resign and when I said then they agreed with them. She said tell us what are you going to do? I answered I'm not coming back here anymore, I'm sorry. I thought why not? They just said great! Good!. They all hatched it. I feel terrible and destitute not for work but for meeting petona's monstrosity without self-love. I still have the woman's face etched like a monster accusing the wrong person and the other hateful. Both at the same time.

Desired outcome: Take action and Immediate action and that they pay me three weeks of the fall at work and they give me the job but in another station. And give your cad to everyone who hurt me.

View 0 more photos
2:30 pm EDT

Stop & Shop Store Manager

I have been shopping at the East Providence Store for some time now and since the new store manager has come to work there it's been nothing but pure chaos. It seems this guy has no idea what he is doing. I have heard him talk badly about other workers there to other employees. It is not very professional at all to hear the one in charge being very condescending.
Getting to know some of the employees there over the years you can see the stress on their faces. This manager needs to be reprimanded for his actions, if not fired or sent to another store.
You need to have someone in charge that knows what they are doing.
The store is such a mess. I will start shopping elsewhere because of him.
I know most of my neighbors go to the Seekonk store now they are so much happier. Very professional, clean and stock always on the shelves...there is definitely a better atmosphere.
Please do something about this guy he belongs off the playground for bullying.
a unsatisfied customer

Desired outcome: Removed from store

Read full review of Stop & Shop and 1 comment
1 comment
Yobanny Rosario
, US
Jul 19, 2021 11:33 am EDT

I had a similar experience. But the one difference is that all my colleagues from the deli and the office witches and the alternate supervisor plotted the most terrible story that I had ever trusted and called wanting to be friends with them and I was new. I was going to my work and they gave me back changing the day on Friday I was sitting in the office without doing anything wrong for 1 hour in front of lasanayers I called because if I felt uncomfortable in my position and why I wrote back what they told me to do every day. For example, they left me in writing every day what I had to do in my work, I didn't like that, and I told them at the office. But that's nothing I do with richar every day. I decided to leave because I felt that this was not an emotionally stable job for me since I had left another job that I almost died from the constant buying and disrespect that I experience. He promised me never to leave anyone. I respect him so that he respects me. I never offended customers, they are very baliant. But I heard one day my colleague say, as people, if they ask a castomer, and I have just started work. They clean their areas badly that I did not like. And my classmates left my area dirty. The worst thing I heard that when I decided better to quit they answered. Great! They plotted everything for me to quit alone. They do not value the clean and good worker.

B
4:51 pm EDT

Stop & Shop Bad meats

I have bought and thrown out more meat over the last year and a half from the two local stores in Somerset New Jersey one at 1221 State Route 27 and the other at 3333 Route 27 Franklin Park. It seems since the start of the pandamic the hamburger at both stores didn't even smell like hamburger meat at times it was like it was treated with something? And now for the third time at 1221 State Route 27 I have gotten cold cut meats that smell old bordering bad to the point I won't eat them and it was the store brand Roast Beef. When you shop some place you expect to get fresh items it is to the point I do not know if I will shop at these stores again. With a corperation of your size you would think that quality for your customers would come first but it does not seem to be this way.

Desired outcome: Get your quality control together it is wrong for customers to have to worry about what they are buying.

F
5:09 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good afternoon, I went to my Seekonk store to buy Smithfield bacon, which was on sale & I had the coupon from the weekly flyer. It was listed as $3.29 (app) per package, limit 2. While there, I also picked up some items, which would have brought my total purchase to around $50.00. When I went to cash out, I could not find the coupon anywhere. Instead of...

6:14 pm EDT

Stop & Shop App down

On July 8 2021 I spoke with Tia a customer service representative. I told Tia the site and app were not working properly. Tia told me that the site was no down and there were no problems on Stop n Shops end. This is not the first time I have had issues with this app. After checking Tia told me the site was indeed down and to check back later. I am now unable to complete my order do to the fact that the Stop N Shop app is down.

Susan McCabe

R
12:01 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On the above date, I encounter a very unpleasant experience at the Stop &Shop in Highland Park N.J. with a seem to be a older male asian customer of descent that was standing behind me. I was at the register making a purchase when I ask the individual to step back because he was directly on top of me while I was making my Purchase. I said to him...

L
2:55 am EDT

Stop & Shop Bathrooms

My stop and shop I go to is on Westchester Ave in white plains...i would like the cleaning staff to clean the bathrooms often.I find the stalls are dirty and the bathroom... womens..smell awful...please use a different scent or non scented cleaning solution..it smells so awful.I want to gag..I don't know if its the urine or the solution...

U
10:19 am EDT

Stop & Shop Bad Management

I am a long time customer of Shop and Stop. I will now Stop Shopping here. Terrible experience checking out, the more you buy the worse checking out is. They cram you into small spaces to try to self check a whole cart of groceries— no thank you.

One cashier open in the store? Bad Management overall. Calling customer feedback line results in a black hole. After filing a complaint and being assured that someone would call back to update the resolution within 48 to 72 hours, I waited over a week, no call. So I call back to follow up, the rep is surprised she says this is just wrong. Again I am assured someone will call me back as soon as possible. Days go by, third time calling, I request a name, surely if they really care about customer feedback they have someone in charge?

Nope, not Stop and Shop, someone will get back to me by the end of the day...not expecting anything.

Just a perfect case study in how to lose thousands of shopping dollars from a previous loyal customer.

No worries, Aldi, Lidl, ShopRight, Wegmans, Stew Leonard's, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Kings, etc., all treat their customers better than Stop and Shop so we will spend our money elsewhere.

Desired outcome: I expect nothing

5:27 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have several concerns to share with you about the Manchester, CT Stop & Shop. 1) When I was there a couple of days ago, there were several spills of some orange liquid in the produce department that had not been cleaned up. 2) I nearly slipped on a wet wipe on the floor that had not been cleaned up. This is a "slip and fall" liability issue. 3) DELI...

12:18 pm EDT

Stop & Shop Self Check Out System

The new Self Check Out System is awful. It seems like after every other item is scanned and placed in the bagging area a message comes up saying that it needs to be placed in the bagging area (which it was) and you have wait for a Stop & Shop employee to come and clear the system. It makes checking out take MUCH longer than necessary. Something needs to be done about it

Desired outcome: Fix Self Check Out System

P
9:46 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The cashier, named "Jennifer, " at checkout aisle #10, during the 8:00 pm time slot, on 6/19/21, located at 1710 Ave. Y, always hides her name tag. She was warned about this several months ago by the front end mgr. named "Michael" and she did the same thing today again TWICE after the mgr. "David" told her to put her name tag on. She first had it removed...

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Stop & Shop contacts