Having problems with State Farm?

1855 733 7333 (Customer Service)
1800 782 8332 (Customer Service)
+1 888 559 1922 (Technical Issues)
+1 877 627 5757 (Emergency Road Service)
+1 800 440 0998 (Insurance Payments)
+1 877 734 2265 (State Farm Bank Accounts)
+1 877 734 8472 (Credit Cards)
+1 800 447 4930 (Mutual Funds Accounts)
One State Farm Plaza
Bloomington, Illinois
Canada, Mailing Address
333 First Commerce Drive, Aurora, ON L4G 8A4

Complaints & Reviews

non-payment of hail damage claim

I have had State Farm insurance on my cars for 35 years and my home for 22 years, never filing a claim. We had a couple of bad hail storms last year and all four of the houses surrounding mine were judged to have hail damage (as well as several others on my street and many others in surrounding neighborhoods) and received new roofs paid for by their insurance companies (not state farm). I had one of the roofers doing work on my neighbor's house look at my roof and he confirmed that my roof also had hail damage and gave me an estimate. I turned in a claim to State Farm, who sent an adjustor out to look at it and (surprise! surprise!) said that my roof did not have hail damage and that they would not pay. I am going to switch insurance companies, probably to either Allstate or Farm Bureau.

• Dc
    dcgirl May 26, 2010

Tell your agent that if a different claims adjuster is not sent to your home to re-evaluate the first adjuster's opinion that you will contact the board of insurance. If the second adjuster has the same opinion as the first then file a complaint with your board of insurance and also tell your agent that if they do not pay your claim that you will also file suit. You will need to have more than one roofer give you an estimate and state what caused the damage. That and have your neighbors all provide you with copies of their claims statements from other companies that agree with the hail damage claims. Finally, you can call the weather service and have unbiased data as to whether hail fell in your area during the times in question. This data will also help you.

agent careless

I have been a customer to state farm at this location since 2003. I had never filed a claim since. Until near the end of 2009 I'm in need of a new roof. Call the agent, she come by, look at it, and said will send her guy over to give me an estimate of how much I can get state farm to help me out with the cost. 8 months later nothing happen. No one has ever showed up…my request of address change never got change. When I call the office, she decided to transfer me over to another agency because she didn’t want my claim under her agency name. Now my roof is falling a part, this state farm agency decides to do nothing about it. My entire family have policy with State Farm (9 sibling) and this is how they treat us. How fair is this? When I need them the most they turn their back on me.

• Kh
    khloee04 May 17, 2010

home owners insurace doesnt cover a new roof unless there is damage. It is your house...you have to pay for the roof. No insurance will approve a 'maintenance' claim. Damage claims only

what am I paying for???

I was with StateFarm for 6 months, due to there NEGLIENCE of how a policy actually suppose to be handled. How do I pay a for a policy for several months to find out that I was never on MY OWN policy??? Then my vehicle is stolen, stripped, and burned and they investigate me. Investigated everything in my life to find NOTHING or any connection. But I am still forced to pay a car note and insurance for a car that is not in a SHOP, being REPAIRED or REPLACED. Sad part about it is I have been without my car since OCT 2009 and now its APR 2010. Once again can I ask what am I paying insurance for??? "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.®" that is a good slogan...(BS)...but I should have known when I found out that they are not a 24-hr business (claims only)and they have LOCAL offices that only work regular business hours and weekend information is a complete FAILURE.

• To
    Tom24 Apr 14, 2010

Do you have your Policy Documents the car would have been listed on there if it was covered. Also they should have sent proof of coverage to your finance company. If you can find proof contact your state Insurance commission and file a complaint against state farm. Since the complaint will be sent to corporate they will contact the local office and ask why they are getting complaints from the state. If and when you get your claim settled switch to a different Co. I like Einsurance they have good rates and a good claims service. But shop around you can also check on the net a see any company's rating.

• Et
    ETHEL PARKS Jun 11, 2012

how is it when u have a accident you are suppose to call the police and get a report when in court a state farm employee drunk hit a lady tore up her car in there van and he said that he had a cell phone she didnt and he choose not to . he was drunk he said they as employees are not required to call it in in a timely mannor. not only that i have obtain his police report saying he has been arrested several time dui he said they promoted him they paid my car off refuse to pay my medical lost wages nor pain and suffering they said i had a wreck in 99 the drs 3 said the reason i hurt so bad it was reinjury i guss when you old you can only get hurt once in life this happen in lufkin texas took 9 years to get to trial they never offer me a happy meal this company these folks never read the good book its comming back up you might get by you want get away is a pay check worth hurting good folks i was getting off work 2, 30 in the morning he was out partying thank GOD for disability THE LAWYER MADE LITE OF MY OTHER HEALTH ISSUES I GUSS HE DONT HAVE A MOM HE WAS HATCHED I AM GETTING ALL TOGETHER I WANT THE WORLD TO KNOW RUN FROM STATE FARM THEY ARE DIRTY AND HEARTLESS

road rage accident and they will not pay up!

On December 15th 2009, my husband was driving home from his brothers in our 02 Honda Accord LX Coupe. There...

conspiracy

STATE FARM INSURANCE TRY’S TO CONVICT AN INNOCENT MAN!

WWW.BACKDAMAGE.COM

THE HIGHLY GUARDED INFORMATION SITE

EVERYTHING ABOUT BACK INJURIES THAT INSURANCE COMPANIES AND THE WORKERS COMP SYSTEM DO NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW!

This site contains information that insurance companies, lawyers, doctors and the workers comp system try to keep guarded from public knowledge.

WWW.BACKDAMAGE.COM

wrongful denial

I HAVE A HOME OWNERS POLICY WITH STATE FARM INS. I NOTICED ON 3/26/09 GRAYISH FILM ON MY WALLS. STATE FARM "NEVER" CAME OUT TO EXAMINE THE GRAY WALLS/DUST. I WAS TOLD IT DID NOT MAKE SENSE TO FILE A CLAIM THAT "APPEARED TO BE LESS THAN MY DEDUCATBLE". TO MAKE A VERY LONG STORY SHORT, ..., STATE FARM INSURANCE COMPANY ACCEPTED THIS CLAIM AS A "PUFF BACK" ( SOOT FROM A RUNNING BOILER), WHICH MADE NO SENSE BECAUSE I HAD NO BOILER RUNNING. THE ADJUSTER "STEPHEN R" MADE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL BECAUSE I WOULD NOT ENTERTAIN HIS DIRECT/INDIRECT STATEMENTS THAT WERE GRAPHIC, UNPROFESSIONAL AND EXPLICIT. ONCE I REPORTED THIS ADJUSTER FOR HIS BEHAVIOR, STATE FARM MADE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL, DENIED THE CLAIM AFTER THEY ACCEPTED IT, INDICATING I HAD NO DAMAGE TO MY HOME. AFTER I WAS FORCED TO HIRE CONSULTANTS, AIR SPECIALIST AND TESTS MY HOME IS MOLD INFESTED AND I HAVE NOT BEEN LIVING IN MY HOUSE FOR 5 MONTHS. ME AND MY CHILD WHO IS CHRONIC ASTHMATIC WERE THROWN IN THE STREETS, WE COULD NOT GO BACK HOME, DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASONS I HAD TO FIGHT IN COURT WITH A TRO STOPPING STATE FARM, WHO CLAIMED MY HOME WAS "HABITABLE" AND ANY LOSS WAS PRIOR TO ME PURCHASING MY HOME. I CAN NOT DESCRIBE IN WORDS WHAT STATE FARM IS ALLOWING ME AND MY CHILD TO GO THROUGH. HOWEVER AFTER SO MUCH RESEARCH, I FOUND THAT WHAT STATE FARM IS DOING TO ME IS PART OF THEIR COMMON PRACTICES: PAVIA, NANCY GERDING, AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. I WILL NOT GIVE UP AND WILL PURSUE THIS TO THE END. TO DATE ME AND MY FAMILY ARE DISPLACED AND THEIR GOAL APPEARS TO BE TO BREAK US DOWN, FINANCIALLY. IT DISGUSTS ME HOW PEOPLE LIVE WITH THEMSELVES KNOWING THEY ARE MAKING OTHERS SUFFER FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY.

• Li
    Life will go on Jul 13, 2010

I totally agree with you. They will do anything to avoid paying one little penny out of their DEEP pockets, but we still continue to pay them and for what?? Nothing, that is what. Experienced a house fire & because of the fact that we were about to move out, mind you, nothing except for one sofa had been removed from the home, we are now suspicious and they have no clue what caused the fire. My family & I have been going through this now for almost 7 months. We have been told that we will now be undergoing an "examination under oath" which I understand is common practice, but because of their failure to do what is right & just, they just want to avoid having to pay for our home & all of our belongs we lost. I pray for God's insight to why people want to behave like this and treat others unfairly & unjust, but so is the way of the world. The mighty dollar prevails for this no good company. They are NOT a good neighbor in my book & hope I never have any kind of neighbor like that. If that is the case, with neighbors like that, who needs enemies???

dragging out payment forever & losing title

My Mom's jeep was struck from the side by a woman who was also insured by State Farm. It took State Farm over ONE YEAR to pay the claim, which was insufficient to repair her Jeep which had full coverage insurance at the time. To make matters worse, they claimed to the DMV, that the vehicle was totaled in the accident and that they took possesion of the vehicle and destroyed it, so once we did fix it, it was nearly impossible to re-register. It took nearly another SIX more months of their bureaucratic nonsense, in order to get the title back on a car that my Mom owned outright, I actually got angry enough to insinuate to the State Farm adjuster, that if she didn't take care of the mistake, the car would be stolen and driven through the side city hall, and she could have the privilege of explaining how a car they allegedly took posseion of and destroyed, ended up there. After that, I had a supplimental check and a new free-and-clear title 3-days later sent by certified mail. State Farm was certainly no neighbor I'd ever want!

• 42
    420 Angel Sep 23, 2014

COMPANY OVERVIEW
    Code of Conduct
    At State Farm®, we take our shared value of integrity
    very seriously. To communicate our 2013 Code of Conduct, our Chairman
    and CEO Ed Rust, Jr. shared the following with all associates:

Every day each of us makes choices where integrity,
    honesty, and trustworthiness come into play. These are hard-to-measure
    qualities, but they're priceless when it comes to customer confidence in
    what we do and how we do it.

It's important that we know this about each other and that our customers know this about us

At State Farm, not only do we do what is legal, but we also do what is right.

State Farm is nothing more than a government sub-contractor for ripping people off and phuking
    them over in any way feasible to make a buck!!!

outrageous prices

I was with State Farm for a number of years as they claim to have some of the lowest rates around well after my fifth rate increase I finally said enough is enough. I started to shop around and got some quotes from a site called www.Nysurance.com . Alsmost every quote I got was significantly less than State Farm. It was almost as if they are the exact opposite as they say they are one of the most expensive out there in my opinion. I wanted to share my story with all of you out there that are also probley getting ripped off the same way I was. I hope this helps.

• harry_palm69 Jan 03, 2010

I have State Farm, also. I have full coverage (including renter's insurance for my apartment) and i am paying $60 bucks a month.
    Mind you, i have a clean driving record. No tickets in the past 10 years. And i just did a Defense Driving Course, last month, and got and additional 10% off.
    Just saying...

Wpayton5599 Mar 31, 2010

So many rating factors go into an insurance policy. Your driving record, zip code, age and experience, etc. When State Farm tells you they have some of the lowest rates around, it means they are beating their main competitors more than half the time. They might not be for your particular area or range.

Keep in mind that price isn't everything. Mercedes Benz owners don't ### that a Ford Taurus costs less than the C230 they own. The policy that you are comparing State Farm to might not be covering everything that State Farm is covering. Read the exclusion section of your policy to find out just what the main differences are.

Also, State Farm gives you a personal insurance agent without charging you a broker fee. No other business provides this type of service. A good attorney will charge you a fee. A good mortgage broker will charge you a fee. Going at it alone without the help of an agent can cost you hundreds of dollars at claims time.

bad service

I was in a hit and run accident at the beginning of December. I called my insurance agent state farm Travis Primeaux and was given number to claims to file my claim. I called the claims office and filed my claim. After a couple of weeks I get a call from the claims office advising that the car would be a total loss. They were offering to pay a total of a little over 8, 000.00 minus my deductable since I was still making payments on my car they were paying the finance company 7, 000.00 then my GAP insurance would pick up the rest, which would have left me with only around 345.00 and without a car. I told the claims representative that I did not think that it was a fair offer and that by totaling my car I have no car or be able to offered to buy a another car. The representative clearly did not want to be helpful or provide me a better offer. So I called my insurance agent Travis Primeaux and explained the situation, he too wasn't helpful and didn't want to be involved in the issue telling me that it was between myself and the claims office. After a few days and with pressure from State Farm I was pressured into settling with their one and only offer and I still do not have a car, not even a rental car.

• Ba
    BaDa Bing Dec 30, 2009

Correct Response from your agent. Claims are not there to "hurt" your loss. They are the best at protecting the policyholder.You must understand, there are guidelines followed based on replacement cost of any vehicle. It is feeling that because you did not "get what you wanted" somehow State Farm is to blame. You are wrong. Agents have no inerent influence on claim decisions, other than to voice their policyholders concerns. You are only angry because you wanted "more" than the vehicle was worth.

• Ba
    BaDa Bing Dec 30, 2009

Pressured??? I don't think so. You simply did not hear what you wanted to hear.

blowit Apr 14, 2010

Contact the CEO of StateFARM...Mr. Rust...just to get this documented that you have tried to resolve this issue...because all that office is going to do is refer you back down. Then request that all concerns or complaints records...be mailed to you...Do to the fact they are suppose to keep records of this information. After that file a complaint with the BBB and (your state) Department of Insurance you can also contact (your state) Attorney Generals office (consumer protection). If this does not work contact an attorney and just get the attorney to write a letter. Make sure you keep records of all expenses that you have occured due to loss (work, bills, offsets, etc...) Just the letter from the attorney which should be free can make a dramatic change.

denied my claim

StateFarm insured motorist hit my car from behind. Statefarm denied my claim because they said i changed the lane and came in front of the lady that has statefarm. What other possible excuse can you come up with when you hit someone's car from behind. Insurance adjusters are not willing to pay my claim because they are saying their insurer was not at fault. How can you be not at fault when you hit someone's car from behind ? Where is the common sense. I hate statefarm and i will be all of my friends who have statefarm to cancel their policies.

blowit Apr 14, 2010

paying claim and unauthorized usage

I have been with StateFarm since May 09. My & husband initially set this policy up with both of our vehicles. Every month the payment was due there was always an issue with processing the payments. Several months went along and every month my husband called and made the payment by phone and made several changes to the policy. In the month of October 09, my husbands car was stolen. When he contacted the claims department about his car being stolen, a statefarm representative advise him that he WAS NOT on the policy. The vehicle was recovered a few days after the theft. It sat in the impound for several days, the claims adjuster delayed all processes of the entire claims, lack of information about the claim, failure to inform. As of today Statefarm states an investigation is still processing but no response as pretaining to what can be given. I am still paying a CAR NOTE & INSURANCE on a vehicle that they insurance company has in there hands.

• Br
    braveheart_jb18 Dec 05, 2009

I have had state farm insurance for almost 5 years now, since I purchased my first car. In that time I have had 6 insurance claims ranging from stolen stereos to animal hits, two of which resulted in a total loss of the vehicle I was driving. The most recent accident occurred 8 days ago. By Wednesday my claim was settled and a check was sent to me, which I expect to receive on Monday. Granted that I was not determined to be at fault for most of these accidents, my rates have only gone up $3-$5 a month total, not per incident, and went down again after a few months. My agent and the people in his office are very helpful, always know me by name, and are always concerned for my safety above that of the status of the claim. I have never had a problem with payments or anything. As you can tell by 6 insurance claims, things don't always go right in my life, but State Farm insurance has always been there for me when I needed it.

Wpayton5599 Mar 31, 2010

Be more careful with your vehicle or State Farm will drop you! Any insurance company would!

nonpayment of claim

On August 24th, 2009 my home was broken into while I was in bed trying to sleep. I heard the loud sound of...

not a good neighbor

INSURED POLICY HOLDERS BAIL OUT NOW! Insured with State Farm for over 30 years Auto, Home, RV, Boat and cycle in Michigan and Florida. July 2003 had MVA while in MI, broadsided, 2 serious personal injuries, vehicle totaled. Uninsured 18 year old illegal alien ran red light at 11:00 PM with no lights on fled the scene was aprehended, 3.6 alcahol, no drivers Lic and no Insurance. Charged with 5 felonies bonded out on $1, 000 cash bond never to be seen again. (MI COURTS) Had Florida insurance in effect with $10, 000 maximum medical payments. 1. S.F. lowballed vehicle pay off. 2. refused medical payment above $10, 000 citing Fl. policy. (MI no-fault statutes limit out of state drivers to $500, 000 each). 3. S.F shifted claim to MI. 4. S.F. Refused to pay $25, 000 Uninsured Motorist Claim (had to sue). Spouse had documented brain injury, lost ability to swallow required feeding tube, lost ability to speak and unable to walk 3 years after MVA. 4.S.F. prostituted Drs. to contrive Parkinsons Desease along with ALS to rule out any connection to the MVA. by giving inperson IME without the subject being there. Interesting the Dept. of Lic. & Reg. believes this is an acceptable practice (LYING) 5. S.F. refused to pay death benefits even after autopsy indicated no Parkinson, and ALS or any other desease. The spouse died of deep leg trombosis as the result of inactivity due to the conditions caused by thr MVA. 5. S.F contended that we were in violaton of MI no fault law because we were in MI more than 30 days and that we were required to purchase MI insurance. This is contrary to the opinion of the MI Ins. Com. that states I had more than the basic insurance required under my FL policy. An agreement was ordered signed by the court that was binding on both parties in October 2006.
future benefits were not waived. 6. S.F. has not paid a dime still claiming we were in violation of the MI no fault act, regardless of the agreement S.F.signed. My attorney James Scieszka refused to defend this claim stating this was a different matter? S.F got to him also, they will buy every one the courts alow them to do so

• Do
    Dolores Y Jan 16, 2010

S.F Not a good neighbor. I am having problems too. They refuse to pay policy holders.

• De
    Dean Janitor Apr 09, 2010

STACEY ALBIN IS RUDE _ ### _ AND HAS AN UGLY BUTT PROBLEM

• Iz
    Izzy2007 May 23, 2012

We are having a issue with them now. Someone hit us alomost three weeks ago and they have done nothing but give us the run around. We are insured by them and so was the person that hit us. They keep telling us they mailed us a check and we still haven't seen anything. When we get done with this we dropping them.

• Tx
    txbro27 Apr 29, 2013

We had our Insurance for over 35 years and we had everything Insured with State Farm. We bought a Boat Last August and had it Insured though State Farm. We were not told that if you wanted to cancel you policy in 5 month or longer you would still have to pay for the rest of the year. We switched Insurance Company in March 2013. They sent us a bill for the amount for the last 6 months on our boat. I was really outraged that they would charge me for services not render. I went down to pay it and the lady ask it she could help me. I told her that I came to pay for services not Render and she ask me what I meant. I told her that we are paying for a policy that has be canceled and we have Insurance though another company, she told me that it was on the policy that we had that said that we had to pay for a year if we had the insurance for 5 months or more. I told her that she should have be honest and told us that. We trusted State Farm, and didn't bother to read the fine print. Big Mistake. So I am filing a complain with our Insurance Commissioner, Better Business Bureau, and State Farm Corporate Office. They should not be able to charge you for service that you canceled. They are a RIP OFF

invalid car insurance

Two issues: First, I have paid my premiums on time for decades, but currently have no valid vehicle insurance despite remaining up to date on my payments. Second, State Farm agent violated my privacy which had the potential to put my life in danger. In 2008, the authorities recommended that I move and enter the state's Address Confidentiality Program (ACP) after I was the victim of extreme domestic violence once. I did that. But since my legal address is the State Attorney's office in my state capital and far from my "garaged address, " my insurance is invalid. State Farm told me if I would tell them my real address, they would keep it private. But I was too concerned that my attacker would hack in or bribe someone for the information. It was really much worse than that. One day, a friend called the State Farm agent, said she was me and asked for the current address on file. It was given by the agent instantly without questioning the identity of the caller which could have resulted in my death had the caller been my attacker. Then State Farm offered to make my address their address, but that is in violation of the state statute (law) and also their address is close to where I work. Therefore, my attacker could stake out the two potential employers close by and find me easily. Not an option. So, since State Farm cannot be trusted, I cannot let them know my physical address. They must only know my legal address (by Florida law) at the State Attorney's address for the ACP. State Farm refuses to give me written backup of their verbal claims that they will cover any claims I may have since I am a participant in the state's ACP. So, I am current with my insurance payments, by law; but I have no valid car insurance since I do not want to put my life at risk by disclosing my physical address to them and since "misrepresenting a garaged address" is a felony in this state and invalidates insurance. What to do?

• De
    debbie32 Oct 12, 2009

have them give the address of a state farm address that is not close to you. You are being to hysterical to work through the problem.

Debbie,
    My type of work has very limited locations. Giving a State Farm office address would identify my community location and the attacker would have to stalk only about two parking lots within a fifty mile radius to find me. That is not an option.
    The State Attorney's office convinced me of the liklihood that this attacker would be back to kill me. After moving, changing jobs, vehicle, everything, do you really think it would be smart to point the attacker to a specific community to look for me?
    When a friend called a State Farm office pretending to be me to confirm my address change, the State farm office worker gave the (insufficienty identified) caller the new address. I am just not willing to bank my safety and the security of my address on the IQ and/or training and/or integrity of a State Farm receptionist.
    Your response is very naive and consistent with the ignorant responses of other State Farm workers.

Debbie,
    Your response did not address the issue. The issue is that I cannot give SF my real physical address. I can use any address anywhere I want and I am already doing that. The issue is that because the address I must provide to SF as my GARAGED ADDRESS obviously can not be one of their office locations because I don't live in their office. State Farm wants me to provide a GARAGED ADDRESS or my insurance is not valid. But they give that address to any unidentified caller who picks up a phone and asks for it. I had to move (expensive) AGAIN after their breach and change jobs AGAIN.
    READ: The issue is I cannot let SF know even a region within the state, much less an actual location. They simply cannot be trusted with the information.
    If professionals sat you down multiple times and outlined the reasons they believed you were in danger and convinced you to take it much more seriously than you were you would probably than follow their recommendations. You describe following their recommendations as "hysterical." Again, you strike me as an ignorant State Farm person.

Readers,
    I just looked up "Debbie" and she is from the same community of the office where the State Farm worker gave my new secret address to an unidentified caller. I had to move far away once again so that I could be safe.
    She STILL doesn't get it!

disservice provided

The handling of cases at state farm is very bad. My car was in an accident, I was rear-ended, flipped and rolled over, It has been over 3 weeks, and I still have no car, none of my damaged property has been re-embuirsed, I have initiated contact 5 times, and State Farm agents give me different instructions each time, tell me will call me never call back, keep adding on red-tape, no offer or contact has been made on Medical reembuirsement, have nor been given a rental, my car that was totalled (as per the agend) has been taken away from the towing company's lot; even though I still own the car and have not sent the required power of attorney and title (no offer still). Now my agent calls me saying that I am not cooperating with State Farm; though State Farm's agents keep saying that they are at fault for not contacting me.

Will keep updating this complaint alongwith other blogs over the next few weeks tillmy claim is settled.

In summary; State Farm slogan should be changed to Like A Bad Neighbor is Never There.

no longer loyal customer Aug 19, 2010

My family and I have been with State Farm for approximately 30 yrs. I myself have had six cars insured with them since my first car in 1986. In the last ten years I have not filed any claims or had summons against any of my vehicles. Well recently I decided to start paying bill online as I was originally traveling to the office to pay bill. Anyway I registered online on 5/25 and although it indicated that it would send me some kind of confirmation it didn't. The next day I went back online to make the payment to be debited from my checking account it took me through all the steps in which I entered the bank routing number account number and payment amount.Again it indicated to me that I would receive an email confirmation but I didn't get one. Shortly after I received a notice via mail from State Farm regarding online services and saw that it was dated 5/27 so I assumed this to be some sort of confirmation of my online payment. None the less I assumed payment went through until I received a notice from DMV that my vehicle was uninsured and a lapse over 30 days. I received the notice the day before the 4th of July so had to wait till after the holiday to deal with this. On the 6th after conferring with my bank and seeing that State Farm had not debited my account I went to the agent office to clear up the matter. I dealt with a male employee who was unable to give me an explanation as to what happened so I asked to speak with his boss the agent. I was told he was in a meeting. Another heard what was going on and took over to see what happened Still unable to give a competent explaination I again asked for the boss again I was told he was not available. She told me that she couldnt explain and ask DMV. Hesitantly I leave and figured I would probably get a reasonable response from DMV. The next day I called the State Farm office and asked to speak with their boss, I'm told he not available he's on vacation. DMV inform me that I have to rectify with State Farm meanwhile I'm driving without auto insurance. On the 9th I return to State Farm with my laptop in tow to show them the history and verify that I was online with State Farm to make payment. The male employee right away states I know nothing about computers the female chimes in and tells me that they say insurance was not paid and neither made any attempted to confer with an underwriter or supervisor. Again to DMV who refer me back to insurance company. On 7/12 after conferring with another insurance company I go back to State Farm and ask for supervisor. Still on vacation. Make them reinstate insurance so that at least we could stop the clock until boss returns from vacation at end of month. Finally speak with the Agent who conferred with the underwriter and the computer service who verified that I was actually online with State Farms. Was told that they would look into it further and get back to me end of next business day. Well I called back and asked for boss, suprise he's not available he's on vacation and none of the employees knew what was decided. Well here I am 8/20 and still no one knows anything and now I have to turn in my plates and registration to DMV to be temporarily suspended for 46 days now how stupid is that...Later for State Farm I'm shopping for a insurance company who is more loyal to their customers.

roof damages

I have a very bad experience with State Farm insurance, this issue is still an on going process. My house ...

1 comment Farmington Roofing

terrible experience

I had a job related accidents in 1992 where I had an accident while working for a company. I was hospitalized for two weeks. Workers compensation started sending me checks for labor compensation every two weeks. The doctor who is sent in by workers comp discharged me. The company which I worked for fired me, their excuse was that I did not do my job correctly. I had pain from the accident, I did not have health insurance because I didn't receive enough pay. Workers comp turned their back on me because their doctors said I was fine when I wasn't. Seeing myself in this situation, I found myself a lawyer an put a claim against workers comp. Immediately the lawyer offered me medical attention. I got medicine prescribed to me and they obligated state farm to keep paying the labor compensation bebefits. This lasted a few months till my treatment was over. I was under surveillance by the insurance company like if we were living in a communist country, they listened to my conversation the took videos of me and they followed me everywhere. At the end I won the case. State farm charges the companies for their service. The lawyers charge their clients for their services. The doctors charge their patients for their services. I as a hard worker and father of a family, so I would not give the government expensives, I had to sue state farm. As a result of my accident that wasn't my fault I have a mark on me for the rest of my life by workers compensation. Whenever I apply for aa job whose company has workers comp I never get the job. Due to their system, by my social security I appear on their claim records. Any company that hires me, their insurance will go up. I have proof and knowledge of what I'm talking about. The only jobs that I can get are the ones that don't have workers comp and I get paid under the table and the salary is crap just like the work conditions. The government obligates companies to have workers comp, they should also obligate companies to give health insurance to workers. This way many families in this country would not be suffering what I am. Just like me there are many people living this way, marked for life by workers comp. This is the reason why there is so many homeless and criminals out on the street. To finalize, in a communist system if you screw the government the government will screw you over. In the u. S. If you screw state farm, state farm will screw you. I live in a free country but state farm has taken that freedom away.

• Je
    JES5184 Feb 04, 2017

Sorry but you are incorrect with your assumptions. By law, no company is required to pay or provide you with health insurance unless said company employees a certain number of employees. You are not taking responsibility if you do not purchase your own insurance. Your problem finding a job has nothing to do with the fact that you have a previous workers comp claim. An employers WC insurance company receives no information about you outside of your projected salary and WC rates do not increase with the hire of an employee that has previous claims. Prior WC comp claims are private until a new claim is filed.
    The only thing your employer did wrong was firing you, however, they saw it necessary as most states are at-will employment.

refusal to pay clain

We decided to sell our new car in 2009 - due to the poor economy. We had a man come from Alabama and he said he would purchase the car. He said he had sent payment - the finance company said payment was received and sent title. A few weeks later the finance company called and said they did not receive payment! <br />
After the man did not answer his phone any longer I called the police and did a Stolen Car Report. State Farm kept me hanging for a few more weeks then said they did not cover stolen cars IF the owner gave the keys to the thief!! <br />
How can this be right? Then they refer me to the info booklet and there it is - thought some of you might like to know how they will screw you!

• Je
    Jeff Jun 17, 2008

State Farm adjuster Vanessa Ennis, it appears, attempted to coerce doctor Dr. Charles F. Nicol of International Health Consultants to change what he wrote in my medical review. He found in my favor causing them to payout as they should have. However, in his Retrospective Review to Vanessa Ennis he writes in reference to her 2nd letter to him, "I see no reason to change any of my answers."

I am still investigation this as is the Insurance Commissioner and the Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs. This same adjuster mailed my medical data to a neighbor after she clearly had my address. Then her manager wrote me stating "I am concerned you are not getting your mail" when I protested what she had done. Ultimately he made her write a letter of apology.

She hid behind a service shop two miles from my home, refusing to identify herself initially to the owner. She ate candy throughout and entire deposition of nearly five hours, denied a claim after viewing the wrong car - not nearly the same color, and a host of other bad faith and bad behaviors.

Stay clear of this company. Email Ed Rust if you have a complaint. He won't respond but believe me, he will get it.

Ed Rust, CEO, STATE FARM email: [email protected]

maryquinlan Nov 21, 2009

found over 300 .dollars charged on my account .did not authorize and do not have car or lisc.

blowit Apr 14, 2010

I know this has been awhile, but how did they resolve this issue. I have something similair.

ripped off

In 2006 I went and bought the car I always wanted a Tahoe. Ya not some peoples dream choice but I alway...

they are calling me a liar!

I'm Ready To go to a hospital as I am having chest pains over stress from State Farm. We have been customers of State Farm Insurance having Auto, Household, etc. We thought we had decent coverage BUT G.D. when it comes to using it or when it should help Us in time of need State Farm DOES ABSOLUTLY NOTHING for us & It sounds like they could change a clause on anything so they are not out any$$$. We had a flood gotZIP! A giant tree hit by lightening got Zip! ( It didn't hit the house) But we were trying to sell the house & it looked like crap with a giant fallen Tree! Now last Thursday it was a beautiful day outside so I was outside going to Mow & Blow leaves & enjoy! Well I happen to be within minutes Of having a Big Oak tree snap right down in front of Me!!! I was right there Screaming! So glad My cats were Not under the fall. Mind you The tree hit the house & Fell On Two Cars. ( one is insured ) They are twin Mercedes & older. Both were driveable & we have 3 Toatl cars insured! I want it fixed But I'm sure it will be totaled! (The insured one) I lose & Im out My car! B.S. State Farm Out NOTHING! Then My agent insist's That it's only a couple of hundred to cut up & remove a Big Oak! What a bunch of bull... We get O so I want the Tree gone what the hell do we pay for$$$$ The house needs to be fixed & the mowers were hit as well as windows.. Long story short! MY own agent Told Me it was hard to believe the Tree fell on a nice day for No reason!!! I was there. And The nerve to call Me a liar. THAN an adjustor came out ANd said to My husband That I would Have been better off if I had gotten Hurt & called an ambulance! Then I would have had proof of the time of the Fall!!! I am fit to Be tied & I want to maybe get a lawyer because I am one OF SO MANY who get screwed each & everyday!!! It's like handing money for a Scam!!! It's beyond belief.. I want justice. Thanks for reading. I doubt anything will ever come of it. I know people with NO insurance & they make out better than paying people... Something is wrong somewhere.. Do people who work for insurance go to the same school as lawyers????? BOTH crooked really!! Sincerely Marianne

Marianne Diakiw Aug 27, 2009

I'm One Angry Human Being right now & It's making Me Ill. The insurance company should Be kind & helpful, After all I hand them Money each Month ( and for what?? ) What a scam insurance is.. What has this world come to????

Comments

not a follower Sep 09, 2009

Did you ask about how your coverage worked? I made it a point to know what my insurance would do for me before I purchased it. Like, a flood, unless you have a flood policy, there is no coverage. The tree falling on the car, that is covered under your car policy if you have comprehensive coverage. At least now you know to ask about these things that have already happened to you once since I'm sure you are shopping for other insurance.

Wpayton5599 Apr 01, 2010

It is hard to believe that a tree fell on a nice clear day. Did it die?