Stanley Steemerbait & switch

D

Stanley Steamer quoted one price & then when they came to my home told my grandfather that the check that I left (for the amount I was quoted & confirmed that morning before going to work) was not enough & it was going to be almost $200 more. Thank goodness my grandfather called me & didn't give them additional money. I told the men at my house to call the main office & then have the office call me concerning the difference & I could pay for it by credit card. Instead of calling me they just left & my home which is a mess with all my beds covered with stuff from the floors so that we have no place to sleep. I immediately called the manager at the Stanley Steamers in St. Louis & told him that my floors had to be done so that my family could sleep tonight. He said he had to talk to some people & would call me back then he hung up on me before I even had a chance to give him the number to call me on. So I called their corporate headquarters in Ohio who called him. He then called & said that they would not be able to get anyone there tonight. I said that was unacceptable so he sent another crew to just do the bedrooms & the rest would have to be finished tomorrow. When the second crew arrived they told my grandfather that the check was wrong so he called me again. I told them to call the manager, Billy, and to have him call. Again Billy didn't call but instead asked the crew at my home to explain the pricing to me. I tried to conference Billy in and he had left for the day. So I told the crew to get started & that I was leaving work to get home & handle this. Next I called corporate again who then miraculously was able to get in touch with Billy. Once again Billy never called my but the gentleman from corporate did call to let me know that Billy AGAIN removed the crew WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING!!! The second crew also went out on my front porch & started talking about our valuables. What they didn’t realize was that my neighbor was trimming a tree nearby. I left work early to come home, Billy promised me that at least the bedrooms would be done & DID NOTHING!! PEOPLE NEED TO BE INFORMATED ABOUT THIS COMPANY GIVING YOU A QUOTE ON THE PHONE & THEN TRYING TO CHARGE $200 MORE THEN THEY QUOTED!! I talked to my neighbor & he said the same thing happened to an elder lady but she paid the extra!! BUYER BEWARE!!! I have NEVER dealt with such rude, dishonest people in my life!!