Complaints & Reviews

inappropriate, irrresponsible, unreliable and not trust worthy

The crew showed up for the contracted job, asked to review an email sent to us by the company, in response to our request to show that the staff were bonded. The staff member took the document, went to the vehicle and was on the phone with the supervisor, and after a while they just drove off, without an explanation and without an apology. We prepared the carpeted area designated for cleaning by removing all furniture, plants etc., I had to take half a day off to be present for the appointment. There was no follow up from any supervisor of the company, and to date no explantion was given to what has happened.
This is unprofessional, irresponsible and certainly does not do much for consideringthem to be a relaible company

• Wh
    whowhat Aug 03, 2013

Maybe they left because the fact that you asked if they were bonded was an indication to them that you might falsely accuse them of stealing something.

unproffessionalism, and poor customer service

I hired Stanley Steemer to clean my carpets, and air ducts for my central air conditioning. While here, the crew broke the door leading to my attic and just electrical taped it back together. They also reinstalled eight of the nine air vents upside down so that the air blows up to the ceiling instead of down into the rooms. While cleaning the evaporator coils, they clogged the condensation drain line causing it to overflow and spill into the garage. When I contacted the company to get the damage fixed, I was approached and handled with attitude. The manager of complaints, Manuel Nava was very rude and unwilling to help me. When he finally agreed to come and inspect the damage, he told me that he would call to let me know before he came. Not only did he not bother to call and let me know when he was coming, he showed up early. As a result of him not calling and giving prior notice as to when he would be coming, I did not have time to turn on the air conditioner and give it time to build up condensation and leak. While inspecting he again gave me nothing but attitude. Stanley Steemer and their managers were unproffesional, unknowedgable, unhelpful, rude, inconsiderate and way more. Overall I was very displeased with their services, and I would not recommend going to them.

• Ed
    educatedandprofessional Mar 11, 2010

I do not have an experience with their technicians, but I do have experience working with their corporate employees and they are just the same, rude, and nothing but attitude. There is serious corruption and instead of dealing with personnel issues in a constructive manner there are too many people there worried about covering their collective butts that nothing gets taken care of and good people suffer daily for it. Rather than suffer, they leave, the company may have been around for a long time, but they are not a good company to work for. Treating employees like a pile of crap is their motto it seems. You are supposed to be grateful you have a job as they threaten you with the poor job market. They trap you in salary ranges by writing you up right before your yearly review is completed. They find anything they can to write you up for and when they ask you to explain yourself regarding the fabricated write up and you try to defend yourself, you are told you only getting defensive and told to "shut up". One minute of weakness and they know they can prey on you. They like to promote people that are not experienced nor should they even be aloud to manager other people as they cannot manage themselves. Yet the people with college degrees sit there, wasting away, un-promoted, and wasting their talents away. They would rather make themselves look better and know that they are not worthy of their own position so they are scared to promote someone that deserves it because they are afraid that person may do better then them, so they stifle them and fabricate lies about their work performance. They nit-pick their work tell them they are worthless and "a dime a dozen". Groups of people gang up on your if you show any weakness and then if they are threatened by you they do all they can to make you as uncomfortable as possible so that you will quit and then they can deny your unemployment. This company should be investigated by the labor board because if you aren't a suck up, a corporate butt kisser, or are truthful they do all they can to make you quit, or try to fabricate reasons you should be fired. I've never worked in a department that was so vulgar with their language, jokes, discussions, but quickly turned the offenses they committed around and claimed someone else did it and let that person take the fall for them. They allow someone with only a HS diploma and in their early 20's rule the roost and take whatever they have to say as the golden rule, and the other one in charge cannot use the English language if her life depended on it. "I don't get no..." and "That aint...", both phrases that are not only spoken, but also written in corporate emails. They need to go back to the drawing board with this company.

quality of work, and customer service

I hired Stanley Steemer to steam clean my carpets and to clean my air vents for the central air conditioning in my house. On their commercial, they claim that their company is proffesional and knowledable of what they do; they were neither for me. While here, the crew broke the door leading to my attic and electrical taped it back together to fix it. Eight out of the nine vents that they cleaned were reinstalled upside down so that the air from the air conditioner blows up instead of down into the rooms. Since their cleaning, we have a major leaking problem in our garage as a result of them damaging the unit. When I called to complain and have it taken care of, I was treated very rudely by the manager of complaints Manuel Nava. He was both inconsiderate an unwilling to listen or help me with my complaint. When he finally agreed to come and have a look, he for one, said he would call before hand, which he did not. He showed up with no prior notice, saying he forgot to call with an attitude again. Since he did not give me prior notice as to when we would be coming, I did not have enough time to turn on the air conditioning unit to allow for condinsation to build up and show him where the leak was. He was unwilling to come back at another time to assist me and was very unproffesional in denying that there was any water damage at all. This company was very unhelpful, unprofessional, and unknowledgable.

poor quality; excessive charge

Crew of two set a record for finishing the job in the shortest time possible. They removed the dirt and...

stanley steemer: fraud and lies 2

They have lied and have not taken any responsibility for their bad service. "The consumer is always wrong" ...

poor job quality

Today, I had our tile and grout cleaned and sealed. First of all, I thought the price of $504. was quite high...

fraud and lies

We got a quote from Stanley Steemer that I thought was a bit high, but went along with it. They showed up on time and started working, but after they would finish a room they would inform us that it was going to cost extra. Our living room/dining room cost double they said because it has two light fixtures, even though the entire thing put together is smaller than what they claim on their website is the size of an average living room.By the time they were done, our bill was almost $100 more than we were quoted. We paid $276 for the cleaning of a 1200 square foot house! Not only that, but today (the day after) our whole house stinks like an old gymnasium! I will never use them again.

• Ra
    Raffaele C Jun 26, 2014

This is what I wrote to them and they just lie and then disappeared!
    Hello! My name is Raffaele, on March 27th my wife order a service from your franchise office in Merrillville Indiana. First of all we asked for the 99$ offer and when the guys show up they start add money to that because they said the rooms were oversize, second they try to sale to us a protection coat and an enzyme. We were confused and we ask to do just a regular cleaning. At this point it wasn't anymore 99$ but it was 120$.or 160$ They told us by phone that they will move the bed and push some furniture but when they were doing the job they told me to move the bed because they didn't have health insurance! After few days not only all the spot which they removed came back but also the old hidden spots came back! So we call the office in Merrillville and we told them what happened. They told us that they will call back but they didn't. So we call again ( when we had time we have an infant and we work ) and they said I am sorry nothing we can do! So I called yesterday and I asked to talk to a manager and a lady called Jenny told me she didn't receive any complaint but she tried to call us 7 times and we didn't answer and now is too late. So I asked her why did you called us 7 time's and she said just to see if you were happy with our service. I am sure your company is in good faith but now our carpets are ruined. After what append we kindly ask you for a full refund.
    ///////
    As you can see this is a corporate scam, be aware!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices