Stanley Steemer International Logo

Stanley Steemer International

Having problems with Stanley Steemer International?

Stanley Steemer International reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 22, 2008. The latest review Garage door repair indianapolis was posted on Jun 20, 2021. The latest complaint price was resolved on Dec 04, 2014. Stanley Steemer International has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 71 reviews. Stanley Steemer International has resolved 24 complaints.

Stanley Steemer International Customer Service Contacts

5800 Innovation Drive
Dublin, Ohio

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Stanley Steemer International Customer Service. Initial Stanley Steemer International complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Stanley Steemer International above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Stanley Steemer International. Discuss the issues you have had with Stanley Steemer International and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Stanley Steemer International Complaints & Reviews

Stanley Steemerover scheduling

I had a service window from 11:00 to 2:00. This to me means they will show up and provide the service between 11:00 and 2:00. Twenty minutes before 2:00 I receive a call that goes to my voice mail that they are running late and will be here shortly. So now even if they where to show up it would take them at least half hour to do the cleaning I would hope. We moved all our tables, nick Knacks, beds into the kitchen and bathroom so our living rooms and bedrooms could be cleaned and deodorized. All they had to do is SHOW UP ! 3:07 I called there 1-800 number to cancel the service. My reason, we have been waiting all day for their service, rearranged our whole house and still waiting on them. Not a single discount offer or even a simple appology for our inconvenience. Just an o.k we will go ahead and cancel that. When I voiced my frustration again that this was a major inconvenience, my house is now tore apart and no show to get carpets cleaned. Customer service reps reply. Well I don't know what happened today but we will cancel that for you. Thanks for nothing Stanley Steemer. You are a poor excuse for a business and your customer service is well below average. I read the reviews before going with this company and almost went with sears instead but foolishly decided to give them a chance because not all reviews could be bad. Take this warning prospective customers.

• Bl
      BL71 Aug 17, 2014

I'm not sure why you would call this company. Both employees who were at my house explained to me they had no way of getting "tracks" (the dirt that collect on parts of the carpet that you actually use) out of the carpet. They offered no excuses, no refund, etc. Pathetic!

Stanley Steemer — shortchanged

On May 22, 2014 Stanley Steemer came to my home to clean and deodorize the wall-to-wall carpet in two...

Stanley Steemer — poor cleaning/ price gouging

Recently had 4 carpets cleaned, 2 were area rugs. One area rug was not cleaned at all. They only sprayed...

Stanley Steemerstains reappear

I had stanley steemer come out and clean my carpets and couch. The price for the carpets were a special of 99.00 was a deal .well after the scotch guard and couch the price came to 249.00... when the cleaners left the carpet was beautiful and all stains were gone ..The carpet was still wet .. Well as the month went by, guess what ? some stains i had started to reappear...I called stanley steemer back and of coarse you need to call within 10 days...But they did send someone out to spot clean . The 1 guy blamed the original cleaners .Well as the months have gone by mostly ALL the STAINS have reappeared...I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND STANLEY STEEMER TO ANYONE...I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOUR COMPANY...KAREN

• Da
        davidmohler Jul 30, 2015

That is called wicking, whatever the spill was to begin with got down to the pad/sub floor and just over time could eventually come back. Next time you have it professionally cleaned dry it as quickly as possible to help minimize the chances of it happening again.

Stanley Steemer — bait & switch

Stanley Steamer quoted one price & then when they came to my home told my grandfather that the check that I...

Stanley Steemer — quality of work

I made arrangements to have the Stanley Steemer from Allentown, PA clean the tile and grout in two bathroom...

Stanley Steemerliars

The carpet cleaners broke our outside faucet and then lied to the manager and said it was already broken! They also did not move and clean under two nightstands and a chest until I asked them (I could tell they hadn't). The manager has offered to have the faucet fixed and is sending me a "gift" card for their services, which I plan to send back as I will NEVER use them again.

• Fr
          Frymans Apr 05, 2013

I had my carpets cleaned by them and they did not move my funiture. The one thing they did move was my antique quilt rack and they did not place any blocks under it and placed it on the wet carpet to let the wood swell. My appt was 9-1 they show up at 3:30. I scheduled 3 rooms clean, protected and 2 deodorized. Well I was charged for a walkin also along with 4 cleaned, 4 protected, 4 deorderized. My walkin they didn't even move one shoe just cleaned around shoes!! Yea crazy but they did it!! I had laminate cleaned after being told it would look amazing and shine well you guessed it no different but I was charged 149 dollars. I was told by dispatch because they were late and I had called numerous times I would receive a discount but when I asked the guy he said he didn't know anything about it. So again I was lied to. I would not recommend anyone using Stanley steemer I had a horrible expierance and had to pay a arm and a leg for being lied to. The crew is lazy not upholding their promise they tell you on the Internet! Don't believe there sale pitches. I wanted 3 rooms for 99 I paid for 4 plus others!! Stay away from this company sears is much better and you get what you pay for!!!

Stanley Steemercarpet cleaner

Once upon a time I was married to a man from who I never received: a compliment, a flower, a card, or a gift. Then, after almost 20 years, one day, he went away. Later, I married a thoughtful and caring person who made me feel kind of special; he bought me some pretty things, one of which was a diamond necklace. Although I didn't go many places to wear such pretty things, I still knew my necklace was there and made me feel that I finally had some" WORTH". Together, we adopted a wonderful dog and took care of him during his final days, when he became old and he passed away. Knowing the importance of cleanliness, the carpets would now need to be cleaned, and so I called a company I had used before, but in a different location. This time, I felt a stinging realization that I was given no choice as to who came into my home that day and closed themself in my bedroom; I didn't even know his name. I'd made sure to put my things out of sight, as I knew a carpet cleaner would not need to clean inside my drawers. Then one day it was too late, when I noticed my beautiful necklace missing... The end.

• Sh
            Shan1078 Dec 23, 2013

We just had a bottle of $68 perfume stolen from our house and the only people that have been to our home in the past month is Stanley Steamer. To make matters worse, it was a un-wrapped Christmas gift. They came out to clean 3 bedrooms of carpeting and our upstairs craft room, which is where all of our Christmas gifts are kept until they are wrapped. I spoke to 2 different people at the company. One of them commented that they had never in their life heard do a bottle of perfume over $45. They suggested that the other person who was at our house at the same time must have taken it. That "person" was my brother-in-law and the gift was for his wife. The Stanley Steamer company that came out was located in Cordova, TN.

Stanley Steemer — how they pay employees.

I am a former employee of the Stanley Steemer branch in Indianapolis. This company needs to be investigated...

Stanley Steemer — disposal of dirty water

It must be one of their business practices to DUMP the dirty, filthy water from one of their customer'...

Stanley Steemer — carpet cleaning-tear in sofa

Stanley Steemer steamed carpeting & when moving ripped an 8" tear in side of sofa. Technicians reviewed the...

Stanley Steemers, Syracuse NYterrible serive

First off, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They not only come in, and do a very quick so they can leave and go onto another house, they charge you extra for recdiculous items. I had to pay extra for them to use a spray bottle on my carpet to clean it. I expected to pay a higher price to use this company, and to get better quality, which didn't happen. When they left, my carpets did not look any better. If anything, they just looked wet and worse. They also had a smell to it which was terrible. I called them up to complain, and they just didn't listen. They wouldn't come back out to even look, and let me show them what happened. Their workers were also so lazy, and didnt' care about anything. Now that I also looked through some rooms they did, they banged up my wall a little bit becuase I know I didn't have those previous marks there but now I did. It just wasn't what I expected. Don't use them, you will regret it! I guess I'm off to trying ABC Chem, Sears Carpet Cleaning, or reliable carpet cleaning (Which just from their name doesn't sound reliable). Well, hope this helps people in question. Don't use Syracuse, New York's Stanley Steemers!

Stanley Steemerstay away

I scheduled them online. They showed up unannounced a day early. We had not finished picking up the whole house. They assured my wife who is disabled that they would pick everything up as they go. They used my hose and left it a mess. The morning after they were here my wife noticed that there was money missing from her purse which they had moved in the bedroom. Without direct evidence I can't absolutely accuse them, but I do have an opinion. When I called about this, I got a pathetic apology and have heard nothing else since then. NEVER AGAIN!

Stanley Steemer — changed price after a quote

I called Stanley Steemer to have my father's carpets cleaned. They quoted me a price of $173.84. I wrote...

Stanley Steemer — horrible service

We hired this company to clean our furniture. When they arrived first thing they did was try to upsell, we...

Stanley Steemer — human resources

I was an employee who was let go at Chrismas for missing 8 days of work in a row with a doctors excuse even...

Stanley Steemer — dryer vent cleaning

I had Stanley Steemer out to clean my dryer vents in May of 2009 because the dryer would not dry my clothe...

Stanley Steemer — horrible company!!

I recently had my carpets cleaned by these guys and they did not take much time or effort to clean my...

Stanley Steemerwaste of time

I am extremely disappointed with my Stanley Steemer experience. I made an appointment during the 3 to 7 pm timeslot. I am a mother of a toddler and two dogs, and so my husband took off of work early (despite being super busy and not wanting to get behind on hours) so that one of us could be at the house while the other took our son and the dogs away for a couple of hours. I had expected them to arrive before 5 pm, as by then my son and dogs were getting antsy being away from the house (and no food at our usual eating time) but I continued to drive around because I figured they would arrive any minute and I did not want TO BOTHER the people who were cleaning our carpet.

By 6 pm not only had no one arrived, but no one had even called to let us know they were running late. So I called them myself and learned they “were busy” and would not be arriving until 7 pm. I had hoped they’d be DONE at 7 pm, not ARRIVING at 7 pm since my son’s bedtime is 8. But, that was still in the timeslot I had arranged, and so I continued to drive my dogs and toddler around while managing to get us something to eat (which is hard when you can’t go inside anywhere with two dogs). I wasn’t crazy about keeping my son up an extra hour but we really needed our carpet cleaned and we had already spent time & energy on this being the evening.

So imagine how upset I was when 7:30 came and they STILL had not called or arrived. I called again and was told they would be at our house at 8 pm. However, that meant they wouldn’t be getting done until 10 pm – keeping my toddler up two hours past his normal bedtime. We told them that we were only willing to do it for a major discount. They could take off no more than $20 of my $300 bill. No thanks. They asked if I wanted to reschedule. No thanks to that, either – it is not appealing to me to drive around for almost 5 hours again!!!

The least they could have done was call to let us know they were running late. We would have known not to give up OUR ENTIRE evening, and wouldn’t be nearly as upset at having to reschedule as we are about having to cancel. I had spent the day cleaning my house and organizing TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR THEM. I have a major headache now and for what? My carpet still needs cleaning! But I will not be using Stanley Steemer for the job ever again. There are a ton of other companies to choose from - don't waste your time with one that is rude and disrespectful.

• Am
                  AMRJDR Sep 10, 2010

I would like to post a follow up to this complaint that I wrote three months ago. The quality manager personally called me and apologized and offered to clean my entire house ($600 worth) for free. He was very nice and respectful, so I agreed to the free cleaning. I was not expecting the offer; I am glad that they do care about their customers.

Stanley Steemerbad customer service

OMG!!! Stanley Steemer sent a crew out to clean my carpet on 5/24/2010 and the two very young unprofessional men could not park in front of my house. BIG SPOT at that so they kept saying that they needed more space to unload all equipment. I told them I would park it for them because the kid could not back in. Called the boss and Customer Service Dept and all they did was tell them to leave and that they would send someone else that was more experienced. I had spoke to FRED. Ok, two hours later another crew comes after Fred had mentioned to me that the other crew would arrive in 15 minutes...NOT! The other crew was not properly equipped. They asked me if I had some kind of attatchment so that they can hook up to my hose. I SAID NO! So they started to fill up the bucket they brought and kept going back and forth to the truck filling up the tank. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! Ok, so they start to clean and WALA! Broke in two pieces my mothers China. They told me about it and I immediately spoke to their boss (TOANOA) Not sure if that it how it is spelled but supposely he is the Branch Manager for the Chicago location. Ok, so he comes out on Wed and looks at the china and the still dirty carpet that Stanley Steemer thought they cleaned. Another appointment to get carpet cleaned and $200.00 for the china cabinet.
                Well he said that it would be about a week for the check to arrive. I call 6/4/2010 and he gave me attitude, said he never said a week and said corporate would be taking care of the check. Ok, well I gave him attitude right back and called him unprofessional because all he did was lie just like all the Stanley Steemer crew. They were quick to take my mother's check but not quick when it comes to breaking a sentimental value. I am not getting any answers from any of these people. Today 6/4/2010 I called the 800 number 8 times and got to leave a message for someone in Corporate that is supposed to take care of any complaints (Paul Carson) I hope they get back to me soon with some answers! I am not happy at all because Toanoa is not a nice man. He and all the crew lie and are very unprofessional. This is such discrimination to people who want the carpet cleaned. Stanley Steemer is not good at all! Please do not call them to clean your carpet. They don't do a good job at all! Call Sears! Or do it yourself!

bad customer service
                bad customer service

• Tr
                    traplife Aug 11, 2015

So true i had them come to my house they charge me $120 but put 99.00 on my receipt one red flag after looking over the work i call in on the crew they sent out because the one menber of the crew said they can not clean the back of my stair the room floor still had stain on it my room stinks from them just come out here put water on my carpet and take my money i ask if they can send a new crew that no what they are doing and they said yes 8/10/2015 its 8/11/2015 and no one came so the dispatcher lie just lied, for nothing like u guys are runing a scam i took pic of befor and after they look the same no stanley steemer they should be close down just stealing ppl money i call back and ask for a full refund and no more ppl from stanley steemer to come in my house