Standard Chartered Bankservice very bad

K

I was a loyal Standard Chartered credit cardholder (C/C No: [protected]) since year 2009 & make the credit card payment on time every month.

However, I was too bc & forgot to pay my credit card payment on August 2018. Then, 6 Sept I called to the Customer Service & requested to waive my annual membership fees & the late payment charges. However, the staff, named Nida very rude during the conversation. I was very unsatisfied & request to cancel my card. Nida told me that it takes 7 days for cancellation & told me the outstanding balance that I need to pay. At the same day, I make payment through internet banking & the Ref No: [protected]

After 7 days, I called again to follow up & the staff told me will call me & I just need to wait their call.

After several weeks only I received a call from Standard Chartered & told me unable to cancel it cos have new transaction in. I just wonder why previously they said only need 7 days to cancel it & now delay several weeks until my next insurance payment charge it.

On 12 Oct, I received my statement & charge me for the late charges & interests for the membership fees that I requested to cancel it previously.

I'm very disappointing with the standard chartered's Services!!!

My email: adeline.[protected]@gmail.com

• Pe
    Peipei Geh Apr 07, 2019

I'm a loyal user of SCB and every month I have been paying my full outstanding. In Mar19 I have just forgot to pay rm150 and just few days delayed, I have been charge rm16 for the interest and rm10 for late charges. I called bank for the waive of late charge but it has been declined. It's fine for me. But when I call the customer service, a Malay lady I forgot her name was impatience when I ask about how I'm being charge for the interest. Im the customer, why can't you finish listen to my question before you answer inpatiently.im very doubt this is front line, how can you treat customer with that type of manners. I'm hesitate that the conversation is recorded, are they really doing something on this? This actually is my 2nd bad experience. 1st is asking on waiver of late charges, but I didn't complaint. Now I faced it 2nd time when ask why I'm being charge with high interest .