Spirit Airlinesunethical behavior

C Dec 05, 2019

On 11/28/2019 (Thanksgiving Day) my fiancé and I were scheduled to depart Philly at 11:45 am. We were at our gate two hours early which is where we sat until 11:15 (half hour before departure) when we decided to use the bathroom before boarding plane. As we were existing bathroom, which was literally on the other wall of the gate, we heard last call for boarding our plane 2 minutes. Within 30 seconds we were literally at the gate and were told we could not board. I looked at my phone and the time was exactly 11.30 am. The extremely RUDE attendant took her very long, gross fingernail and pointed to the verbiage that stated "boarding is 15 minutes prior to departure" and then said it is now 11:39 and I stated yes and you have been arguing with us for the last 10 minutes instead of allowing us to board!! Then a very young man walked through the door to the desk stating he was a supervisor. The plane was literally right in front of our gate and still attached to walkway. He was also very rude and not very caring. I began to cry asking them to please let us board as it was Thanksgiving Day. My fiancé is a US Marine who hadn't seen his family in 3 years and I work for the military and we were forced to miss Thanksgiving with his family. They put us on another flight that did not leave for 6 hours and did not get in until 11:45 that night. We spent nearly 17 hours trying to go 2 1/2 hours. The staff are RUDE, uneducated, act very "ghetto" and can't be more that 20 years old. They were shoving McDonald fries and burgers in their mouth while waiting on customers. Very poor manners and unprofessional. I will NEVER fly with this airline again. It is going to be my mission to get compensated for airline tickets for what we went through. If I don't get a response to their complaint I am preparing to go public. I work for Homeland Security and I am sure they will love to hear how this airline is running their company and the security breaches that I noticed myself.