Sonycustomer service

Too angry to go into detail. Perhaps their products are superior, or maybe it's just marketing and reputation, but you should not buy from Sony SOLELY based on their HORRIFIC customer service and obstinate workers and multitude of stupid and lame excuses for why they are incapable and useless. They don't even have an official complaint department to direct issues towards so they can fix their bologna problems! Any advice on how I can really get them to pay attention to my complaint? Or stick it to them? Or get recompense for their ineptitude, I would REALLY appreciate it. Even if all I can do is complain about how POOR they are on every site that is worth posting on, I'd appreciate a list.

That said, for every nasty complaint I write about Sony, I plan on writing a nice review about companies and products I approve of. I'm not a nasty person who ONLY writes nasty reviews. I don't like writing reviews AT ALL, but will balance it out by praising recent products I've bought and love from Best Buy, Vizio, Amazon, etc.

• Bh
    Bharatpatel Jul 27, 2016

My soni bravia kdl-46ex650, I am patches to Thailand, , date 23-08-2012, internet TV, Not open to page fast, and show to www.memori error, my WiFi canecation is 2 Mbps spid, i help you

Comments

• 3r
    3redfish Jul 09, 2015

I called Sony about a defective wireless speaker that was still under warranty. After spending 30 minutes on the phone with the guy he asked that I call back later so he could finish inputting my info. I asked that he complete it now and he agreed. I shipped the speaker to McAllen TX and fortunately tracked the delivery. After a month I called and they said that they had never received it and I should call back later. I told him I had the tracking number and verified the delivery. The guy was totally clueless and struggled with speaking English. I asked for someone else that I could understand better and he said there was not anyone. I asked for his supervisor and he hung up on me. This was a 27 minute phone call. I called back and explained my problem to another rep. He was a nice guy and researched the issue thoroughly. It took 43 minutes on the phone with him but he said I would have a replacement in 7-10 business days. THEN, I get a call a week later saying I would not get a replacement but would get a check that would be issued in another month. I'm still waiting on my $145.00 check. Sony need to seriously look into their customer service!

• Xu
    xunnyxunny Mar 02, 2015

Impossible to get resolution from customer service re repair. After being on hold for up to an hour each time over the past 2 weeks, I still have been unable to receive the shipping label for repair of a product. I spoke with 3 different people (in different countries) who promised they would email the shipping label to me. Never happened.

• To
    TOMM P Feb 20, 2015

I am in total agreement with all of you ladies and gentlemen for I have been duped by SONY as well. I received a PS4 as a Christmas gift from a family member this past year 2014. They live twenty three hours from me in another state. When they finally made it in after Christmas at the end of January to visit we exchanged gifts. After my family played the PS4 for almost three weeks it broke. The machine when the power button is pressed blue light comes on, beeps and goes back off and that's all it will do. It currently has a $60.00game stuck inside of it that I cannot get out due to it not staying on long enough. Called support and talked to "STEVE" he informs that unless I have a receipt I have to pay $149.00 to have it fixed. My sister and brother in law bought this for my family as a Christmas gift. I don't know about you guys but when I give family Christmas gifts I don't wrap the receipt with them. Unfortunately my brother in law passed away two weeks ago so retrieving the receipt is impossible for he purchased the system I'm assuming in December. "Steve" said there is nothing that could be done unless I paid the $149.00. I have been a loyal consumer of SONY products all of my life I own all of the PLAYSTATION game systems. The original Playstation was excellent with no issues, Playstation2- I had to send back to SONY they had to replace optical and fan, Playstation3- had to be repaired after almost the same issue that the PS4. Now instead of going with my gut I asked for Playstation4 Something needs to be done about Customer Service and standing behind their product instead of trying to get more money from a system that obviously by the serial number that was given had started being sold in September of last year. I guess this will be the last Playstation this family will own the sad thing about it is I had just received my new PS4 urban camo controller and my new games Battlefield4 and COD modern warfare two days before this happened.

• Gi
    Gina H Jan 15, 2015

Sony is terrible, all they want to do is collect money from you and give poor service. Never ever buy anything from Sony.
    Their products are horrific when they need repairs. I have a sony vaio computer, had a new hard drive installed and the idiots can't even supply me with a recovery disc. They say i need a service tag, well there is not one on the computer; therefore can't reinstall the operating system. the customer service people wanted to know who installed the new hard drive and i asked why you need to know that, i need the recovery disc. Told me to have the person that installed the new hard drive to locate it. i said to him it's sony computer not his and you should be able to tell me how to locate it. I was so mad at this point i said forget it. I was thinking of purchasing a Sony flatscreen tv, they can forget that. I'll get another brand, i will never purchase anything from sony again never ever. I advise you reading to do the same. Like some else said they want your money to repair their lousy products and no one else can repair them. This is not the first time i have had problems with their customer service to get assistant with this computer, I'm done with them.

chandra sekar Nov 11, 2014

I am in kottivakkam Chennai. I have sony tz215 home theater system. 4 months only working. After, DVD player not working. Last week I given my home theater to Sony service centre(tharamani)ctech electronic. Sony company is bad in home theater manufacturing.

• Mr
    MR RIVERA Aug 13, 2014

WELL, GOOD AFTERNOON I DON EVEN KNOW WERE TO START, WITH MY NEGATIVE COMMENTS, ON DECEMBER 07 2013 MY WIFE AND I BOUGHT OUR DAUGHTER AN MP3 PLAYER AS A CHRISTMAS PRESENT. MU DAUGHTER USED FOR 4 MONTHS FINE. ALL THE SUDDEN THE MP3 PALYER STOPPED WORKING. I CONTACTED THE SONY SUPPORT DEPT, AND OPENED A CLAIM WITH THEM. THAT WAS ON 06/10/2014. TODAY 08/13/2014 WE STILL HAVENT HERAD FROM THE SONY DEPT OR THE JCTV ELECTRONICS PLACE WITH POSSITIVE NEWS OF OUR MP3 PLAYER. IT IS VERY SAD AND NOT COMPETENT TO HAVE CUSTOMERS WHO BUST THEIR BUTS EVERY DAY TO SATISFIED OUR CHILDREN AND COMAPNIES LIKE THIS, LOOSE THE WARM WELCOMING AND MOST IMPORTANT CUSTOMER SERVICE TO CONSUMERS.. WE ARE VERY UNSATISFIED WITH SONY, I HAVE BEEN A SONY CUSTOMER FOR MORE THAT 10 YEARS AND I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES LIKE THIS. I HOPE THE CORPORATE OFFICES OR THE BIG HANCHO WHO MAKES MILLIONS OF MONEY GETS A CHANCE TO REVIEW THE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION REPORTS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. ITEM PRICE $90.00 DOLLARS THATS UNACEPTABLE REALLY BIG COMPANIES ARE MAKING TONS OF MONEYS AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICES SUCKS BIG TIME...MR.RIVERA

• Kh
    khushboo chahwala Jan 04, 2014

Last seen at 5pm at pg3 hostel sir t hospital campus.

• Tr
    Truthbetold411 Sep 11, 2013

I'm very unsatisfied with Sony customer support as a whole. I mailed my PS3 the 6 of August its the 11th of Sept and all they can tell me is there trying to get my old game out before they send me a new system.I've been told it's out there shipping a new one yesterday, today I'm told its not out there still trying, also their rude and clone like not to mention i've been put on hold every call and hung up on three times this week.Once they get your $ 106.00 their in no hurry to make good on their promise...Also all i did was spray a can of air in it to clean out the air vents like I do my PC every six months and it broke it "yellow light of death wouldn't even turn on i lost all my hard drive ect.. it was working fine 5 minutes before i cleaned it " never clean your PS3 people it's made poorly...I'm disgusted with Sony support their so phony and full of it it's disgusting the way they all say exactly the same thing and then condescend you with smart ### replies when you ask a legitimate question...sad thing is Microsoft isn't any better, I'm hoping someone else makes a next gen system soon.

• Sc
    scram11 Jul 09, 2013

On 7/9/13 I attempted to purchase a Sony experia Z tablet from the Sony Store.com. I wanted to get the Sony card in order to get the $100.00 credit on your first purchase from Sony. I applied, received an immediate approval from the Sony Card from Capital One, however, when I attempted the guest checkout, my account number dosen't appear automatically as it stats on the payment option at checkout. To get the bonus, you need to check out within 1 hour. I SPENT 2 HOURS ON THE PHONE trying to get this resolved. Sony could have cared less if I wanted to make a purchase and Capital One was no help what-so-ever. What sort of scam is this? Now I have applied for thiscard and can't make a purchase through Sony unless I use another credit card then I don't receive the $100.00 credit. I am throughly disgusted with the Sony experience. I have printed everything out and plan to persue this further.

• SonyListens Mar 04, 2013

Greetings kitkat1313,

Thank you for your message.

I work for Sony Electronics Inc. in the United States and as such I am not familiar with the processes and procedures for Sony in other regions.

Please visit the Sony Support Center for the UK at: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/hub/sony_europe.html

They can provide information about obtaining support and technical inquiries in your region.

Pat Kennedy
    Sony Support USA

• Ki
    kitkat1313 Feb 11, 2013

I too am having terrible problems with Sony Customer service and the people who I have been speaking to have been less than helpful.
    Despite my issue being an error on Sony's part they seem still unwilling to help.

Is there a complaints department for UK customers?

• SonyListens Dec 17, 2012

Good afternoon mehrutq,

Thank you for your message.

I apologize if you are not completely satisfied with the product and service options provided to you.

For assistance within Canada, please forward your concerns to our Canadian support team at [email protected]

Please include your model and serial number, symptoms and contact information including address and phone number, Sony Canada will get back in touch with you.

Thank you and again, my sincere apologies,

Pat Kennedy~Sony Support USA

• Me
    mehrutq Dec 11, 2012

I agree. sony support is horrible. i was so enraged that my nose started running. they had no courtsey. I even told them to give me a number to Sony in USA anyone who i can call and talk to but they laughed and said there was no one local I can complain to.

• SonyListens Nov 30, 2012

Good afternoon beachnutt7!

This is Pat Kennedy from Sony Support USA.

I am very sorry to hear about the poor experience that you have had with Sony's customer service.

If you email us at [email protected] we will be more than happy to review your case and see if there is anything that we can do to assist you.

Please refer to Event ID number E56167639 in your message.

For helpful videos that will help answer some questions you may have about your Sony products please visit the Sony Support USA YouTube page at http://www.youtube.com/sonylistens.

• Ga
    gatortracks Nov 29, 2012

You're too angry to go into detail but not too angry to post senseless whining that doesn't include a legitimate complaint.

• Mo
    MohamedRafeeq Nov 06, 2012

Greetings Mr.Pat Kennedy thank u for your information...

• SonyListens Nov 05, 2012

Greetings Rafeeq!

My name is Pat Kennedy and I work for Sony Support USA and as such are not familiar with the processes and procedures for Sony in other countries/regions.

We only provide information and support for Sony's products manufactured for sale and use here in the United States.

Please relay your issue to our Support Center for India at: http://www.sony.co.in/section/support

Please feel free to contact Sony at your convenience and thank you!

• Mo
    MohamedRafeeq Oct 27, 2012

Hi This Rafeeq from Tamilnadu(India) I am having Sony laptop E series VPCEB44EN it is too slow how to make it faster, Please help me

• SonyListens Jan 06, 2012

Hello Akash11,

This is Kevin Krause with the Sonylistens team. I am sorry to read about the problems that you are having with your VAIO. If you call our VAIO support line at [protected] they will be more than happy to try and help you out.

Kevin Krause

Sonylistens Team

• Ak
    akash11 Dec 25, 2011

hi
    i have a sony e series( vpceb44en) laptops having speaker problem .
    And when i visited service center with the complaints they said that this was coming with the laptops ...they cant do anything on this subject.
    is this the fact with this series laptops,

• Ra
    Ravishankar GP Sep 16, 2011

Sony's Skype Camera/Mic product. CMU-BR100, under compatibility list of televisions, NX500 is not shown. I have purchased NX500 just about 18months back. NX500 has a USB port. You need to ensure that all your future products become compatible at least for 5years. Do you expect us to keep buying new models every year??? What is the resale value for NX500 if I want to buy the new NX720??

• Ra
    RandiW Jun 04, 2011

I have been given the run away for more than a month on a repair to my older Sony camera. I called initially and asked if it could be fixed, they said yes within 10 days. I was told I would receive information via email on how to send them my camera. After another 2 calls and 2 days still no email after being told a second time to wait another 24 hours, I finally got a person on the phone and they said no need for the emailed form just write the information down and place in the box. On the initial call I was told the max cost of the repair and if they couldn't fix it they would return it at no cost. I followed the delivery and knew they had received it so I called after a week or so and asked about the camera. They said it was being looked at. I waited another week and called again, same story. I am also emailing too. After 4 weeks they tell me they don't have the parts at this time and don't know when they will get them... not even a clue. I wait another week. I email, call, etc. and getting finally get an email from a Carlos Keyes offering another camera for the cost of the repair to my old one. I purchased a similar camera just prior to this Christmas and have developed a few issues with it, so I sure don't want another one. I called today and this person said he was Charlie Keyes (no relation, right) said he couldn't guarantee when I can get this replacement camera. I asked to speak to a supervisor and of course... there was not one available and I asked to leave a message and the "Charlie" said he couldn't guarantee if his supervisor would call me back. I am going out west in 6 days... I need a camera. I believe these people are not telling me the truth. I have more to this story but not enough time to cover it. I have lost all respect for Sony and will NEVER buy another Sony product ever.

• Mi
    Mikedamirault Jun 01, 2011

How was that Sony's fault? PSN was hacked, Sony took PSN offline in order to fix the security breech, if anything you should be thanking Sony for protecting your personal information, if you think Sony caused the leak themselves, then you are mistaken

I completely loath Sony myself, but I still don't think Sony is to blame, though it could be due to insecure software to start with, in which case, yes that would be Sony's fault

bees197 May 20, 2011

Evelyn, Thanks for your concern. I was contacted by a member of your team and I am very satisfied witht he resolution.
    Thanks
    bees197

bees197 May 20, 2011

I talked with a customer representative and we have come to a resolution I am happy with. I was dealt with in a professional manner and appreciate the time Sony took relooking at my case file. Thank you for your concern and efforts. Sony has restored my faith.
    Sincerely
    Bees197

• Jk
    ,jk May 18, 2011

i saw patrick put his middle finger up when he was blowing the bubble in bubblestand

• SonyListens May 16, 2011

Hello Bees197,
    My name is Evelyn from sony electronics the Sonylistens team. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Please e-mail us at [email protected] . Include a breif description from your previous post. Your name, address, event id #, Tv model, TV serial #, and a way for us to contact you.
    Evelyn Perez

bees197 May 16, 2011

Reported a line going down my TV and customer service tried trouble shooting it, but it never worked. They told me to get a new cable box and it still didnt fix line. When i called to get fixed again my warrenty was up and they would do nothing even though I reported the problem before the warrenty expired. They had me call someone out to look at it for 1oo bucks and they took one look at it(didnt even open up tv) and told me it was a 700 dollar part. Sony solution was to sell me another tv at an "extreme discount" (tv still cost 12oo - some discount LOL). They told me since no one looked at tv before warrenty expired that they could do nothing. to diagnose the problem they had me call someone out to look at it and I had to pay an extra amount of money to have someone look at it. they repair man knew what was wrong just by looking at it and i feel sony should have known from the beginning that the LCD panel was bad through my decsriptions. i spent a lot of time with customer service and the only thing they could say was "i see sir" and "try reprogramming your tv . not to mention everytime they sent an update my tv wouldnt even read it. Totally unacceptable!

• Th
    ThaLewzor Apr 29, 2011

This is ###!, All of my information was leaked and now i cant even play online or watch netflix that i pay for !?

This is not right, And i would like some sort of compensation from sony.

• SonyListens Apr 14, 2011

Hello dogglac,
    I am Evelyn from the Sonylistens team . I do apologize for the issues you are having with your set. Sony would be happy to help you with this. Please e-mail your information on your post and your contact information to [email protected] .We look forward to hearing from you.
    Best Regards,
    Evelyn Perez :)

• Do
    dogglac Apr 14, 2011

Purchased a Sony 42 inch lcd tv 2 years ago, it has a blue line on the left side of the screen, I talked to sa sony customer service and was told no warrenty, I can send it out for repair. I did not expect to have to purchase another tv in just 2 years.

• Dr
    drdsjohn Apr 12, 2011

i purchase sony home theatre system in sept2010 from amritsar and installed in Rampuraphul Bathindabut i cannot see movie on HDIML I lodged complaint repeatedly at bathinda service centre but i couldnot get it corrected
    my mobile [protected]
    dr dalip singh
    smo
    civil hospital rampuraphul

• Ro
    Ronald Quan Mar 04, 2011

I bought a 2000 dollar television w/ 5 yr extended warranty and can't get hold of the company. I'm in need of repair service under warranty . Doing a little research I came up with the parent company. Accoona corporation .Was wandering if there is any thing I Can do?

MaryFP Feb 01, 2011

Sony Service is the worsty ever. The people in Manila should be out of a job and the jobs should be brought back to the US where we know the meaning of customer service. I WILL NEVER BUY another Sony product becuase they wont even stand behind their replacement lamps. There is no way to reach an executive to voice your complaint. So once you spend your money they are done with you.

DONT BUY SONY PRODUCTS!!!

• Va
    varsha. s. lalapura Oct 09, 2010

my laptop is e series vpcea23en. inspite of a 3gb ram and 320 gb hard disk, its slow.. copying a 3gb file takes fifteen minutes. am so dissapointed with the software support on my system. too many background threads and processes running. please help me solve this. i trust the brand so i bought it even if its so costly. so please respond

angryconsumer68 Sep 25, 2010

sony ps 3 died after only 2 months sent in for repair to sony and it took 8 weeks to get back and 2 days later same crap power went out and did not come back on stay away from sony playstation 3 overpriced incompetent repairs and it is all a game to sony to get you to spend more freaking money on new consoles

• Gk
    g k prajapati Jul 24, 2010

i lost my mobile model no:-sony k 790i on 3/05/2010 i register my complain in police station but no result till date my mobile imei no :-
    [protected]-5368316
    my contact no :- [protected]
    gautam prajapati

• Tr
    trk1 Jul 23, 2010

The Sony Handy Cam has been nothing but problems for us. We have sent if off to get repaired on three different occasions. On one occasion, it was returned to us inoperable. On the other occasions, it broke within a few months. The company now refuses to offer any assistance to fix the camera or even give us a discount on the repairs. We will never purchase another Sony product because of the poor quality and poor customer service.

• Ga
    gau Jun 30, 2010

sony employes doesnt solve my problem of digital cameras ...as i gone to repair my sony digital cam they doesnt understand the problem ...they dont even know what is the problem ..its so bad about sony that they doesnt know about their own products