Having problems with Sony?

8800 200 7667 (Russia)
180 058 8885 (Vietman)
+1 888 476 6972 (United States)
+44 207 365 2810 (United Kingdom)
+353 14 073 341 (Ireland)
+61 130 013 7669 (Australia)
+64 800 766 969 (New Zealand)
+43 179 567 639 (Austria)
+32 27 131 626 (Belgium)
+45 38 322 724 (Denmark)
+31 203 469 524 (Netherlands)
+351 214 154 414 (Portugal)
+41 227 614 182 (Switzerland)
+852 28 335 129 (Hong Kong)
+60 130 088 1233 (Malaysia)
+63 28 787 600 (Philippines)
+82 15 880 911 (South Korea)
+66 27 156 100 (Thailand)
+971 800 7669 (UAE & Middle East)
1-7-1 Konan
Minato-ku
Japan - 108-0075
Canada
2235 Shepard Avenue East, Suite 700, Toronto, ON M2J 5C2

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sony.

Complaints & Reviews

Sony EricssonComplaint regarding your Service - Need an urgent call from you

Hello,

I have given my Sony Ericsson mobile for service in the last week.

I have been trying your service centre number for the past 3 days however no response from your side.

The Mobile no which I was asked to contact is [protected] which is always switched off & Landline no - 044-[protected]/2 is always busy.(No one is attending the call)

These numbers were given to us in order to make yourself comfortable to find out whether the service has been done or not.

But these numbers are active after 6.30 pm everyday so it means that you guys are wantedly keeping the receiver down.

These numbers are provided to you to answer the Customer's call however this not happening for the past days & this how you provide your service to the customer.

It is absolutely very bad and I wanted a call from you regarding this.

You can reach me at [protected] & [protected]@yahoo.co.in

Regards
Muthu

• Vi
      vishalc8 Feb 12, 2010

i was repaired my phone sony ericsson K850i in sony ericsson authorized service center in Kottayam(Kerala). i just asked for detailed bill. but they refused to give. they told me that cant give me detailed bill. they just wrote in their bill book not in sony ericsson's printed bill as SP&SC 950rs. its illegal because its a reputed firm. i want that detailed bill contains the details of the spare parts about cost, what they done on my phone..
      the shop address is :
      Doctor Fone Services
      Basement Floor, Makil Centre
      Opp. baselius College, KOTTAYAM-686001 Kerala
      Phone: [protected]

Sony Ericsson W580iI lost my mobile and I have IMEI No.. Please help me to find that mobile

Dear Sir, ..

This is Rajitha.S
    One week back I lost my mobile sony ericsson 'W580i' Black in Color
    I Purchased that mobile in September 2017
    and I Registered Complaint in nearest Police Station and also I have given my IMEI No. of that mobile..
    from their side there is no response...
    Please help me in this Regard
    I have no other Sources to help me except you...
    Please Help me Sir...

INDIA..

Mobile No. +91 [protected]

manuj sharma Feb 17, 2008

i purchased new sony ericsson w580i handset worth rs 12000
        but after two months it fell in water so stopped working. i went to sony ericsson service centre several times but they declared the set as dead set . i told them that i am ready to pay for the damage but they said parts are unavailable.i am not in a position to buy a new hand set.i dont know if i cant get parts from the company itself so where should i go. i lost rs12000 from my hard earned money and dont know what to do
        plz guide me

• Am
        amitabhola Feb 27, 2008

I bought my phone on 20 Aug 2017 and only used if for 2 months it was with sony ericsson service centre on 7 Jan 08 and i got my Phone on 15 Feb 08 more then a month.......but the problem is still same i didn't aproch to sony ericsson service centre again because they said the phone is fine and but it is still not working i bough the phone costed 12500 my full month salary what to do really don't know.......kindly help for the same.......

• Ra
        rajumohan Sep 01, 2009

dear rajitha, you can easil get it back...see some information present here

chintu tiwari Sep 19, 2009

Sir

I am chintu tiwari I lost my NOKIA 2626 black color mobile thefted by some one.please help me?

Your name: Chintu Tiwari

E-mail for communication: [email protected]

Missed date: 19-Sep-09

IMEI No.:[protected]

Please help me sir
        I never forget your help,

My Contact Details : --- [protected]

Eagerly waiting for your reply and help.

Thanks
        chintu tiwari

• Ra
        Rajitha. S Oct 31, 2009

Hello...
        Mr. Rajumohan...
        I gone through the path http://www.echoblogger.com/featured/track-loststolen-mobile-phone-easily/
        there I will not found any thing and I think the sight is not working properly...
        Please tell me how to get back my mobile phone...

here is my mail id... [email protected]
        send me mail with details...
        I will never forget your help...
        Thank you...

Rajitha.S

• Su
        sunny joy Jan 28, 2010

i have lost my sony erisson moile please find my mobile
        IMEI no:[protected]

Sony Vaio Vgn Cs17gpoor service and not solution

Hello, i had bought a sony vaio laptop (VGN CS17G) bearing serial number 7000131 on 15th Jan 2009 from Belgaum authorized sony showroom owned by Bellad & Company. The person (Branch manager) that attended there is one Mr. Deepak. The laptop was meant to go abroad (Spain, Europe) so we mentioned clearly that we required international warranty. He assured us that our product indeed has International warranty. But after 2 months the laptop started heating up severely and started crashing. It woudnt stay on even for 5 minutes. We contacted the Sony services in Spain but they straightly said this has no international warranty and its valid only in India. Later we had to send the laptop to India which took 25 days and 60Euros by simple post!!! We later we confronted this Mr. Deepak of of sony showroom, he straightly denies that he had, in the first place, assured us international warranty at all. it is a grave mistake on his side to make false commitments and cheat customers as we had told him we would be buying only n if only we would have international warranty. After all this confusion the best we could get is a replacement of the product. But then again the local service center (Vishnu Service Center, [protected]@yahoo.com) did nothing but made various reasons and gave us the same laptop even after it was taken twice for check n repair and this consumed another 15 days. And now again I am facing hardware problems (the battery is not charging). All this and its going to cost me another 5000rs INR to send it back to Spain. All this is very traumatizing. We chose the best brand even though the prices of your products are comparatively high and yet we face these problems and Sony India doesn't bother to help us out. This is defaming the company brand name due to the negligence and arrogance of the sales executives. I request your to take this matter seriously and please give me a solution. I want a replacement for all the hardware problems ive been facing. Thank You

sony erricson mobile f305not working properly

dear sir,
        i had purchase a f-305 mobile handset from "beecham`s prees pvt ltd ...m-6 cannaught place, new delhi
        on 13 - june - 09 but i not really satisfied of the product the mobile has full of complaints...
        i had purchase this mobile worth rs 7200/- but i hope the quality of product is not well as well his price
        first time in my life time i have seen these kind of complaint in single in new mobile peice ...
        the complaint abt the mobile has given below...
        1>. the mobile hang any time any where with out any reason
        2>. the mobile cam is 2.0 mega pixel but the pic quality not so good as clear as in nokia mobile or his zoom function is not cool...
        3>. the mobile is not well prepared for finding networks of any company wheather i used airtel, aircel or voda...
        4>. when i use his speaker phone.. its not working properly even i havent heard properly
        5>. the music quality as not good as i heared other handset of sony erricson
        6>. the company has not given proper accesories that would be given by company...like data cable, etc3
        7>. i think the china maded or local ear peice is given better quality sound then urs ear peice

sir ... maybe urs under estimate of these complaint but its true...f 305 is not a success ful version in urs mobile range...as a true lover of sony erricson ...i would request to please take a needful step on my complaint
        i hope u wud me satisfy as early as possible...my cntact no is [protected]...pls give me rep
        my email address...sgsc.[protected]@yahoo.com
        thanking u

urs faithfully
        sajal gupta

Sony LCDPoor response of complaint

TV got switched off automatically on 18.08.09 with red LED blinking on the standby display and further date wise status is as follows:

1.Complaint was made thro’ customer cares on 19.08.2009 vide no 4192591. Sony representative visited on 20.08.2009 who could not make any observations and we were told to make video recording for the whole event, if it occurs again.

2.The TV stopped again on 20.08.2009 and when it was again switched on, the TV switched off with red LED blinking after 1 minute.

3.Complaint was made again thro’ customer cares on 21.08.2009 vide no 4201875 and the Shri Anil Kumar visited on 22.08.2009 and observed the problem.

4.I personally followed up with customer care on 24.08.2009 and on 27.08.2009 and was told to meet officials in the Sony office. Today I tried to meet the concerned officials, but in vain.

5.To our utter surprise we got a call from Shri Deepak Shah on 28.08.2009 stating that Sony can replace the part only. Here I would draw your attention that when the parts were replaced in the TV (belonging to Shri Alok kumar Srivastava, a colleague of mine in NTPC), the TV did not work satisfactorily and subsequently the TV was replaced by Sony India.

6.While discussing the matte wit my friend Shri H.S Saini, I again came to know that he also experienced the same problem in Sony LCD TV.

• Vk
              vkmittal1 Jul 28, 2012

my lcd (KLV26555OA) S.NO - 6156426 PURCHASE DATE - 06-04-10 is not working since
              27-12-2012 please repair it

• SonyListens Jul 30, 2012

Greetings vkmittal1!

My name is Pat Kennedy and I work for the Sony Support USA Team and as such are not familiar with the processes and procedures for Sony in other countries/regions. We provide information and support for Sony's products manufactured for sale and use in the United States.

Please relay your issue to our Support Center for India at: http://www.sony.co.in/section/support

Please feel free to contact Sony at your convenience and thank you!

Indiaplaza.in/Sony Ericcson W300iRefusal to honor warranty, No Courtesy or Regard

Before I begin to tell my story, let me say that I have been a loyal customer of Indiaplaza for more than 6 years and this is the first time I ever had to contact their customer service and the experience is indescribable.

I had purchased a Sony Ericcson W300i phone for my brother as a Birthday Gift for about Rs. 5600 in Feb. 2008 from Indiaplaza.in, however, last month the microphone of the telephone ceased to function making the phone unusable. We contacted SONY INDIA but they said that SONY does NOT provide any kind of warranty for its products that are SOLD ONLINE. This was discovered after my brother had to waste one full day of work to visit SONY's service center in Mumbai and had to wait in a long queue just to discover this. Needless to say, this was a shocking experience as Indiaplaza's product description clearly mentioned that the product came with ONE YEAR OF MANUFACTURER WARRANTY.

We conveyed this to Indiaplaza hoping to get a clarification on how they were selling something with a warranty that was not even being recognized by SONY INDIA. Instead of telling the entire sob-story, I would like to say that I have made almost 10 Phone calls to Indiaplaza's customer care located in Bangalore to no avail. I have no clue what kind of people they have employed.

Their customer care reps have FAILED to even understand the issue after about 10 phone calls from me and about 7-8 from my brother. The service reps keep offering to send a receipt or a warranty card despite out repeated requests that SONY INDIA has already refused to honor WARRANTY regardless of anything. The rep we spoke to whose name I will not mention, has repeatedly PROMISED that a supervisor will call my brother back in Mumbai with a resolution, however, after false promises for about a week, NO ONE has yes returned the phone call and we have to call them each day about why NO ONE is contacting us.

Let me make it clear that I have to wake up at 5 AM (which i do anyhow) in order to make the call to them before they shut down operations at 6 PM IST.

Despite several emails, we keep receiving a poorly composed reply with promises that they are looking into the issue. I am really appalled at the whole issue and despite emailing a bunch of other people including their COO, Vaitheeswaran, I have not received any thing promising. Indiaplaza has constantly refused to hear our please to either replace the phone or repair it.

I have sent them a final email advising that a case will be filed in Consumer Court for breach of trust and dishonoring the terms of purchase. I am hoping to receive good news before I am forced to take this extreme step.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Stay Miles Away from INDIAPLAZA. Their Management and Customer Care both are HIGHLY INCOMPETENT and need to take a lesson from companies like Infibeam.com and Flipkart.com where customer services exceeds all known benchmarks. I have attached a copy of my conversation with Indiaplaza as well.

Regards,
            Gautam

Refusal to honor warranty, No Courtesy or Regard

folkpoet80 Aug 27, 2009

If you're unable to see the communication attachment above, visit this:

folkpoet80 Aug 27, 2009

Here's a copy of my most recent email to Indiaplaza (after about 15 phone calls and numerous emails):
                =======================

From: Gautam Dhar
                Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:47 AM
                To: [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected]
                Cc: Yogesh Dhar (Work) ; Gautam Dhar (Personal)
                Subject: Appalled at your Customer Service - Warranty Issue with Order #[protected]

To All Parties Concerned:

The purpose of this email is to reach out to the Customer Care Dept. and the Management team at Indiaplaza regarding a warranty issue with Order #[protected]. I DO NOT wish to repeat what the issue is. Your customer care team has FAILED to understand the issue in over 2 weeks. There have been promises of a phone call back by a Supervisor, but they were all false and empty promises.

I am APPALLED at the horrible customer service Indiaplaza has provided to a customer who has been a loyal patron for last 6-7 years. All of your customer care representatives have failed to show an courtesy or meet the minimum level of service that your company claims to offer on its website. After only a few months, a Rs 6000 worth of phone has turned into a lemon and your company has blatantly REFUSED to even listen to the issue.

You sold a product that SONY INDIA has REFUSED to honour the warranty on, as numerous of my emails listed below (along with an email from SONY INDIA) have mentioned. Your representatives ARE NOT reading emails and NOT listening to us on the phone. I have made ABOUT 10 phone calls from USA to your Banagalore customer care office at 5AM, however, all in vain.

If your company has anyone competent at a superior level, I request that he/she give either me or my brother Yogesh (to whom the phone was shipped) a call back.

Our final step will be to file a Case in Consumer Court by next week against INDIAPLAZA for breach of trust and dishonoring the terms of purchase.

Gautam D

folkpoet80 Aug 27, 2009

CORRECTION: Phone was purchased in FEB 2009 NOT 2008.

• Te
                Team_Indiaplaza May 29, 2010

Dear Gautam Dhar,
                The mobile was serviced in the Sony Erricson service center in Bangalore and shipped back to you in working condition to your satisfaction. I kindly request you to acknowledge the same.
                Warm Regards,
                Team Indiaplaza

Sony Ericsson F305New phone not working

i have bought a sony ericsson phone model no F305 in Feb 2009 and its not working from pass 3 month. i have compalined to the service centre and they retuned the phone after 45 days but still its not working the condition of the phone is even worse.

kindly help me in getting my phone replaced as its under granetee.

regards

Astha Soni

• Ke
                  kevin anand Apr 18, 2011

respected sir,
                  while i was in bus stand waiting for my bus i lost it

• Br
                  b.rajkumar Jan 30, 2012

Dec 10the 2011 theis date theeft my cell phone in bus, am calling last number8374184965

sonyericsson mobil phone g900unwillingness to return my mobile phone

Hi sir,
                Really it`s shocking to see the service of Sony Ericsson Service center name ‘‘address:
                New Delhi Techno care
                Sony service center Lajpat Nagar -2 Delhi.
                I have deposited my mobile for repairing one month back aprox . But due to the rude and misbehave of service center owner i still did not got returned my mobile. I visited many times to the shop but they convey or guide to come next time. Really it`s shocking I Want my mobile back in repaired or un repaired mode.
                My main purpose to inform you about such insane behaves to customers like me. If in coming week i couldn’t find any reply then i will definitely go to Police station and in CONSUMER FORUM.
                So kindly inform the concern person and solve my irritating problem. Even they are not ready to return my mobile.
                I am giving my email and contact no., kindly inform me what kinds of action you’re going to take action against the service and in returning of my mobile phone as soon as possible.

Address:
                Mahendra singh
                Email id: [protected]@gmial.com
                Contact no. : [protected](friends no.)

sony ericsson k850 Irepair center of Egypt

Dear/ sir, miss or Mrs., ,

I want to inform you of an issue that I'm facing in Egypt with your factor in Egypt DELTA co. I have a Sony ericsson K850 I (S.N: CB10T9BZA, IMEL: [protected] – 451247 – 5) from June 2008 and after 13 months the mobile display screen went faulty so I went to the service n& repair center of DELTA co. since 4th July 2009 (work order no.:46170) and they told me that this issue will take about one week, after the week I went to receive my phone but they said that Sony ericsson is responsible for not sending the display shipment in the right time and this occurred a week after week till now 14th August 2009 for the same reason.

Actually I didn’t expect a bad customer service from a well known brand like Sony ericsson which make me will think twice before buying Sony ericsson mobile in future.

Kindly try to resolve my problem…….With all respect.

[protected]@hotmail.com

Company - Indiatimes Shoping; Product - Sony Cybershot Dsc S930 Digital Camera +2gb Card + PouchOrder not deliver

Dear team

I have perches Sony digital undershot camera sd930, Through indiatimesshoping.com and my order no is -[protected], at 2.58pm, dated 8 august 2009 for the same I have paid 6288/- through ICICI Bank Net banking(A/c Id- [protected]) on same time for the same my account is debited by Rs-6288/- and transaction id is SB3921108 . When i called customer care they says that we have not received your payment but how can this possible I got a massage form indiatimes that your payment is received and your order will be send to within 7 working days.

At present when i search the order status OUP Waiting for Gateway Response

I just want to confirm that when will my order will take place.

Thanks & Regards.

Bhushan Patil.
                    Khamgaon.

Saurabh Shukla Nov 19, 2009

Dude same problem i am also facing.. please send me a mail at [email protected] and tell me wether your problem is solved or not, i placed order on 16th nov and still its processing

SONY Bravia LCD 32Worst Service Provider

All Concerns

I am Vipin Kumar Sharma Resident of 978/65 Lekhu Nagar, Tri Nagar New Delhi-110035. Unfortunately I bought Sony Bravia 32” LCD last month believing on the Brand SONY but thanks to SONY India P Ltd after sales service that now I am fed up of My LCD TV which is hanged on My wall as an show pcs. At the time of purchase I got a defective remote with the LCD which was not functioning. I got that remote replaced after 10 days of my complaint reasoning that the service center was waiting for the part from Sony India. That time I managed by borrowing the remote of my neighbor who is also using SONY TV. Last Saturday 25-July-2009 early morning I registered a complaint of No Power Supply in MY LCD the details are as follows:-

Product :- Bravia LCD 32”

Model No :- 32S550A

Serial No :- 6154167

Complaint No :- 4117669

My Mobile :- [protected]

Engineer Name:- Shiv From Star Electronics, Naraina Vihar, Delhi.

My Concern is this that after lodging the complaint on 25-July-2009 it attended by your engineer on 28-July-2009 late evening (4 Working Days). After checking the LCD engineer suggests me that POWER Board is not working so he has to replace that I asked him how much time it will take to do the same, he promised me to do the replacement in 2 working days but till date I am the only fool trying to reach him by calling your customer care as well as Star Electronics but nobody is responding positively everybody is promising me for next day for replacement. I called your customer care 5 times in last 2 days but they are also behaving like they are working for Chinese Product customer care. Just Promise and forget. I asked Star Electronics to give me the cell no of the engineer who visited my place but they denied to give that to me. They told me that they will ask the engineer to call me but still no call. On 5th of August (10 Working Days) a team of two people visited my place with the power board & replaced that but still the LCD was not functioning. They told me that they have to change the second board attached with the Power Board & promissed this time to change it next working day but still my waitingggggggggg is onnnnnnn...

Thanks a lot to the After Sales Service Team

sony DVD recorder rdr-gx7 — no firmware update service

sony dvd recorder rdr-gx7 is an expensive products. But the firmware version is too low to meet the version...

Sony Ericsson/K850ireplacing my cellphone's parts without informing me

I own a Sony ericsson K850i(IMEI No. [protected]) and was facing some problems regarding the touchpad. I submitted my phone to a nearest service centre for repairing the touch on 21 - July - 2009.

Initially they failed to complete their commitment of returning my phone within 3 days, even after specifying that 'I am a student from Punjab(a different state of India around 300 K.m. from Delhi) and I am in Delhi till 29 - july - 2009. So please accept my phone only if you would be able to return it to me before 28 - july - 2009.' And on 28-july, they didn't returned my cell as per commitment. So I had to leave for Chandigarh without my phone.
                        After that today on 03 - August - 2009, I got a call from service centre and was informed that my phone is repaired and the bill is of Rs 2200-. Since the estimate was of Rs 1300-, so I asked for the details and came to know that some other parts of my cell were also replaced/repaired without even informing me.

The complaints I lodged in customer care was also of no use and even calling customer care was harassing for me.

And after all this inconvenience I am not ready to pay Rs2200-.
                        AND I NEED A EXPLAINATION FOR ALL THIS.

sony ipod nanostopped working

my i-pod serial number 68746971yop has stopped working the screen is blank and it just won't do anything

• Al
                              alissa81 Sep 01, 2009

Sony ipod?
                              Maybe this issue is that Sony does not make ipods, so it does not actually exist?

Sony Ericsson/K530iSony Ericission - K530i Complaints - Please help me escalate this problem against sony ericsson

I had purchased a Sony Ericsson K530i on 03/11/08 from Hot SPOT, Basavangudi, Bangalore.

My charger is not working & i had been to the Service centre which is Service point located at jaynagar 4th Block on 22nd July & submitted it to them & the Workorder Numer : SE309SP110473.

I was really surprised to see the way Sony Ericsson Service Centre's are, its really a very bad experience for me as since this being a World reputed company i was really surprised by the state of affairs of this service centre, there was no proper inputs or answers to my queries.

On asking them about a replacement of my charger they told it would take minimum of 15 days as they need to send this charger to chennai which is not acceptable to me & they dont have stock in Bangalore. I was really surprised by this since Sony Ericsson being a multinational has no stock of chargers in Bangalore which being a Metropol city, this being the state in Bangalore would like to know what would be the fate of other cities.

I asked them for a standby charger incase it would be taking 15days to get a replacement which they were not willing to give.

I had to finally give my faulty charger for a replacement as i had no other go & now i come to a conclusion that i'm a victim of Sony Ericisson Service which has really placed me in a discomfort zone as i would not be in a position to use my handset for next 15days without a charger.

Today again I had called up Sony Ericssion after regular follow ups @ [protected] & spoke with the floor supervisor Harish Kumar & he was just saying that there is no spare parts available at Bangalore & it would take few more days for getting a charger. Since i was not convinced i had asked him to transfer the call to his manager but he was reluctant stating he wont since this is the update & he will not do so, he was very reluctant to transfer the call to the manager.

I would say that we are not at the mercy of Sony Ericssion since we have the right for replacement since my mobile is still in the warrany period & we do have the right for information.

I do hope that someone from Sony Ericssion would read this & ensure the process gets changed & work in the right direction atleast in the future otherwise i wuld say that they would be wiped out from this segment.

Also ensure that the service centre in Jaynager 4th block has some passionate guys who would help customers & should have the earge to work as a Customer suppport representative.

My Workorder Numer : SE309SP110473 & Sony Ericssion complaint no : [protected]

My sincere advice to people who are purchasing Sony Ericssion mobiles to think twice as the service support is really very very bad & pathetic.

Thanks for the support.

Regds,

Gopinath.N

Sony Ericsson Mobile Phoneno addressal to my complaint in ur service center,pune

i had made a complaint in your authorized service center in pune, near MG road that is Raja Electronics, on 23rd june..my job number is 1099.i have a W 580i model.My cell is not reading the memory card.they said that there is a problem with the bonzer.today it has being over a month and my problem has still not been addressed..i have gine many a times ti the service center and everytime they say that it wil take another 10 days...iam not able to use my phone eversince...they say that the parts are not coming from the chennai center itself.i hope after writing this complaint, my problem will be addressed.kindly contact Raja Electronics and tell them about my complaint..thanking you...

• Pu
                                  Puneet Goyal Feb 01, 2007

I have taken my phone on 30 Dec-2017. but From Starting on words it creates problem .2 times charger has been already change. 9 to 10 IC has been change. battery & headphone is also changed. But the problem remain the same. More than 4 months it will be on service center for repair in 1 year:

automatic switch off
                                  unable to call sometimes
                                  joystick problem
                                  unable to charge some times
                                  automatic charging

• Um
                                  umangsr Aug 18, 2009

Dear Sir,

We had submitted our phone W580i to Sony's service centre at Sheikh Sarai, New Delhi after several follow ups with their Okhla centre and Arun Watch shop whose numbers we were provided earlier. The phone was submitted on 23rd June 2017 (Work order # SE309RMV10085)and was still under warranty for cracked keypad. It was sent several times earlier also at sony's okhla centre (which is closed now) but the problem was never resolved. Even when it was submitted on 23rd June, there was no update given and the phone never came back.

After several follow-ups and reminders with the service centre and sony's customer service (complaint # [protected]), the phone finally came back to the service centre after more than 7 weeks and we were surprised to know that the phone has not been worked upon. The reason was “The keypad is not available”. This is despite the fact that the phone still sells in the regular market and it is surprising that Sony does not have a keypad available for such a phone. Further, this information was provided to us after 7 weeks during which we had to suffer with a makeshift phone and there was ABSOLUTELY no response from sony's team. I was given the number of Mr. Nitin Arora and Mr. Neeraj Jalota who are supposedly senior people in the Sony team to handle customer problems. I do not know if they really solve problems since they NEVER PICK UP THEIR PHONES. Also, there is never a call back from them. If this is how Sony Ericsson is working and this is the behaviour of senior people in the organisation, we can understand the poor state of affairs in resolving a customer problem. This is the poorest service that I have ever seen specially coming in from a company like Sony.

This is when out of 4 people in our family, 3 own a Sony Ericsson phone and one of them is the Xperia. I want your help in resolving this problem and for Sony to replace the phone if they are not able to provide a replacement keypad after 7 weeks. In fact, the non-availability of the keypad has been told to us for more than last 4 months by the Okhla service centre which is closed now. If it is so difficult for Sony to provide a replacement keypad for a phone which still sells at all phone shops across the country, I think that it is a matter of shrugging responsibility. If they cannot replace the keypad, let them replace the phone for us.

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Email: [email protected]
                                  Mobile: +[protected]

Sony Another fake lottery scam

Dear Winner,
                                This is to notify you that this e-mail address was entered during the Sony European selection Draw and has won the sum of Euros 1, 000, 000.00 (One Million Euros Only). For claim please contact the below Agent for immediate process of your claim; Rememebr to quote these numbers below for verification by the company. REF: PP-21180-ES and
                                BATCH:P-245-44 you should include Your Name, Address, Sex, Age, Occupation,
                                Nationality, Phone Number
                                Dr.Ferran Gomez. (Claim Director)
                                Email:([protected]@aim.com )
                                Tel:[protected].

Mrs. Becky Paulo
                                Sony Europe Coordinator.

• Se
                                    Selvan Charles Sep 30, 2009

I received the following communication just now.
                                    This is to notify you that this e-mail address was entered during the Sony European selection Draw and has won the sum of ?1, 000, 000.00 (One Million Euros Only). For claim, contact the Agent below for immediate process of your claim.Rememebr to quote these numbers below for verification by the company. REF: PP-21180-ES and
                                    BATCH:P-245-44 also include Your Name, Address, Sex, Age, Occupation,

Sony Europe Coordinator.

Sony Vega TVWorst Service

Our Sony Vega Television had a problem of snow on it. We called the
                                  sony service center in jalandhar. Two persons, Mr. Raju and Mr. Ashok
                                  came to repair it.. They said the tuner is not working properly..They
                                  took the whole board with them.. Next day they came and said they have
                                  replaced the part..On being asked, they had no proof of replacing the
                                  part and on demanding the old part, they could not even produce that..
                                  They fitted the whole board in the tv and switched it on.. The tv had
                                  worse performance than before.. They told to check another tv on the
                                  same point.. We did so and everything there was working properly. But
                                  they kept reiterating that another tv is not a proof of the same..
                                  Then they started arguing and then they said the words, ' You just
                                  want to embezzle the money of the company' which was indirect hint of
                                  calling us thief. All this led to a big argument and they started
                                  fighting over there point but could not provide even a single proof of
                                  changing the part...And they could not even prove that they have
                                  repaired it as the tv was not working properly...All this led to a big
                                  scene in the house..And they were indifferent about it...

We had to experience a lot of mental agony because of them.. There
                                  statement of embezzling the money of the company was really a great
                                  trauma..Moreover, there actions has made our television even worse and
                                  the money Rs. 25000 spent on tv seems to have been sunk..If the mental
                                  trauma is explicited in terms of money, then the cost is phenomenal..
                                  Moreover, they have even spoiled the on/off switch and we are unable
                                  to even switch it on..So we demand rightful justice of the same and
                                  also the complete replacement of the television set as well as
                                  compensation for what we have gone through..

Note: The same email has also been sent to Sony headquarters, consumer
                                  affairs center email and government authorities and we are taking
                                  strict lawful actions against the act.

sony care line and head quartersaccused of fraud

My 14 year old son has been accused of swapping a playstation account whilst on playing on line and spending on the account he was supposed to of swapped. He has swapped no account nor spent on someones account. Sony have blocked his console so he can never use it again on line. S ony will not give me the full details to which they have said they don't have to they said they see activity on my sons console to which is good enough for them to ban him. We are disgraced that this is happening to which we have no proof of anything that my son has been accused of. I am considering informing the police and national newspapers. I am appaulled by the reception that they have given me to which basically they don't give a hoot on how we feel as their word is good enough my son is so distraut by this especially as the account that is accusing him of fraud is a 38 year old man to what we beleive. I asked the question why would an adult be harrassing youngsters to swap accounts, none of this makes any sense. What are we to do. My son is innocent to this accusation of which Sony do not care at all.
                                    Mrs Maybank

Sony Online EntertainmentIncompetence

On Friday, SOE were made aware of an issue that caused it's subscribing players who's payment was taken on 21 Jan were not registered with them. Players posted their concerns on the official support forums and SOE responded saying that they were aware of the issue. This issue caused players unable to log into the game and unable to pay subscription via the online subscription page. Many players have sent in game petitions and posted on the forums only to be advised that the issue cannot be resolved over the weekend, as the staff needed to fix this aren't working.

This is ludicrous!! They knew about this on Friday, when the people required to fix it were at work, yet they chose to ignore it and go home for the weekend, while their paying customers were not able to access the service that they have paid for, all because they are too damn cheap and lazy to bring in resource over the weekend.

This is just another incident in a long line that is highlighting SOE's incompetence and complete disregard for their customers, who pay their subscription and keep them in their jobs.

Additionally, trying to get information about SOE so that I can make a formal complaint is a joke. They dont publish their address or a complaints e-mail address, therefore forcing customers to complaint via their official boards - which they can then choose to ignore altogether. These barriers to making a complaint are ridiculous, clearly SOE feel the need to shield themselves from complaints as they obviously know that they wont like what they will hear!