Sony ericsson promolucky number

C

hi,
I have received sms from UK sony ericsson that my cellno has been selected as lucky no for sony ericsson promo.They have provided me their mail add to contact them., as i send them mail they told me to transfer 1550 pounds to sterling trust bank plc.

please help me out, is it true should i transfer as they have provided me varification no and also i had called and talked with them.

Reply as soon as possible

Thanking you,

• Pr
    priyanka Nov 01, 2008

i have also received such a sms regarding winning a huge amount. kindly let me know what exactly is it...i did call up the sony ericsson call center, but they couldnt help me out, they have no clue.

• Am
    Ami Shah Nov 01, 2008

I have sent all my details and have been verified as the lucky winner of 350, 000.00 Pounds. I made transfer fee and was informed by my bank taht my account has been credited but have to wait for a week because it is a promotional winning. Your comments are spoiling the mind of real winners and stop if you are not true winner.

• Ha
    harshit Nov 03, 2008

hey even i recvd the same message ...i hav spoken to them and now they hav asked me to transfer 1650 pounds...but i really dunno wt to do...plz. tell me if sum1 has actually recvd da winning amt...

• Pr
    prakash Nov 03, 2008

hey even i recvd the same message ...i hav spoken to them and now they hav asked me ..but i really dunno wt to do...plz. tell me if sum1 has actually recvd da winning amt...plz help me ouy any body

JAIDEEP Nov 14, 2008

i too have received an sms yday stating my cell no( in mumbai) has won 5, 00, 000 pounds...the no provided to call is +447045743467 which however is not reachable...is there anybody who has any more info ?

ansal Nov 15, 2008

I also received a similar message promising a sum of 450000 pounds from sonyericsson promo .Is it a genuine message?

• Be
    belkhas kujur Nov 15, 2008

Sony Erricsson should lodge the report with police in UK from where the hoax call is coming as phone number starts from +44 that is UK code. Some one is misusing the name and goodwill of Sony Erricsson and this is the moral duty of Sony Erricsson to take take legal and police action against the culprits and protect the loyal customers from being cheated.

mae Nov 19, 2008

don't ever believe them cause it's fake. how can a large company ask money from you? and such prize is quite big enough with so many winners. it's one tactic to get money from you.before releasing money confirm first from the real company in which way you are safe.

mae Nov 19, 2008

by the way, they sent me also the message. and i ignored it coz i know it's a hoax. the number they used is 447024052785. they can't fool a Filipina like me. just think about it, the supposedly company is asking money from you when it is the one that is supposedly awarding you a prize. something wrong isn't it?

Sebastjan Nov 19, 2008

I have also become this msg. But with a different number thou too that I am not from UK! The sume of money I should get if this would be troo is 215€ At this moment I am in contact with my mobile operater and sony-ericsson! This is probably a hoax, and I don't like it how someone is trying to fool people!

Jaydip Bhowmick Nov 19, 2008

I have also recd.a similiar SMS, promissing me a huge winning amount.I tried to call the but that number whta they have given me was not reachable.So, I mailed them .Today, I got a reply.I am attaching below their messages below what they have replied me.Just go through that and advice me.

Sony Ericsson House
    202 Hammersmith Road
    London, W6 7DN
    United Kingdom

Attention:

In line with the commemorating event marking our 7th anniversary of the SONY ERICSSON telecommunication, we rolled out over £31, 000.000.00 (Thirty One Million Great Britain Pounds) for our 7th Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn form 25, 000 company mobile numbers, and 30, 000, 000 individual mobile numbers from the 450 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in London.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and submit the below verification details via email attachement or fax.

VERIFICATION REQUIREMENT

10. NETWORK NAME:
    11. ALTERNATE MOBILE/PHONE NUMBER:
    12. AMOUNT WON:
    13. EMAIL ADDRESS(S):
    *You are to send a scan copy of your Passport or Driver's lisence along with this form.

NOTE THE FOLLOWING RULES AND REGULATION
    Any falsification of your details will render you disqualified because you will be assumed to be impersonating.
    You are required to send a copy of your passport or drivers license along with the claims requirement.
    As soon as you are verified as one of the winners, you will be required to come to our above address, United Kingdom to redeem your winning Cheque.
    Winners unable to come to our office to receive their prizes will be responsible for charges incured either by bank transfer.
    Friend and relatives cannot redeem your won prize on your behalf because the certified cheque is covered by an IRREVOCABLE GUARANTEE BOND (IGB).

To avoid double claim, impersonation and disqualification, all winning information should be kept strictly confidential.
    I wish to on behalf of all members and staff of SONYERICSSON congratulate you as a winner and wish you the best of luck as you spend your good fortune.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 7th Anniversary Draws.
    Yours faithfully

Mr. Marcus Wallenberg
    Tel: +44-704-574-3467
    Tel: +44-702-405-8044
    Fax: +44-7006-017-210

Copyright ©2008 SONYERICSSON. All rights reserved

Sebastjan Nov 21, 2008

I have contacted Sony... this is their replay!

"Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson.

The Sony Ericsson Call Center would like to thank you for the feedback regarding the sms you got with Sony Ericsson signature.

Sony Ericsson did`nt send you any sms with that text."

kaushik padhi Nov 22, 2008

I have also recieved a similar message and tried contacting them on the number given but no one picked up the call . I am eager to know if this is all a hoax . If so then Sonyericsson should take this up very strongly and get the culprits arrested . Its spoiling the image of Sony Ericsson .

Sebastjan Nov 23, 2008

Sony Ericsson has send me back a mail regarding this as too be an hoax! So you shouldn't be sanding anything of your personal varification!

The only thing is that I don't get it where did the get my cell number and how do they know I have bought a Sony Ericsson?
    The only one that knows all of this is my mobile provider!

Samarjit Dutta Nov 29, 2008

I have already asked for confirmation from sony ericsson,
    Plz confirm me as early as possibe.

• De
    Dejan_Dj Dec 10, 2008

I received the message, too, and don't know it's a fake or what! Like i never won something that huge, i don't believe i won this one too. What should i do? To trust, to whom? Please help me

• Vi
    Vijaya Lakshmi. D Dec 27, 2008

Even I too received same message to my cell. My option was Diplomatic Consignment Delivery and I was supposed to pay deliver charges. As soon as they arrived India, they called us and asked to pay 2lacs as tax in addition to the delivery charges. They asked us to deposit this money in their account. Please let me know how far it is true...

Some body is doing in the name of sony ericsson company. Sony Ericssion Comapny has to take care of this...

• Ki
    kishore sheth Jan 15, 2009

I have also got sms of winning 500000pounds from sony erricson i also feel it's all a fake as i have called on the no. which was there on my mobile thrice but there were no satisfactory answer
    so i don't think so anybody should get into this

..xd.. Jan 16, 2009

jebo vam ja mater na bosanski nacin svima koji me sjebase pa ne dobi pare, jebe vam bosanac sve a vi nemate pojma sta vam jebe...i will you mum, all of you...picka vam materina, , zito sunce., , senicu, , mrvu u mrvi i jebo vas jos jedan bog dodatno...

I "am ###er

..xd.. Jan 16, 2009

izbacise me sa msn jebem li him mater alaga brate jebi im i ti jebo ih citava bosna i afrika

..xd.. Jan 16, 2009

djeste englezi jebem vam mater, ovdje nekulturni bosanac, djesu pare picka vam materina, , jebem li vam cijelu englesku, , ovim putem pozdravljam profesora engleskog fuada isabegovica i da mu javno pozelim da ide u p..m...

• Rc
    rcmas3 Feb 16, 2009

Hi all! i too received such a good to be true msg! at first I was bit optimistic as they have given somewhat like a sensible email add but still little skeptic about it as it was sent in a recession time in the UK (Feb 17, 2009) and sony ericsson is also affected in the global economic meltdown.
    So i suggest this simple to do things, first is to Google it to get the pulse, that's why i happened to see this site and also post this msg. Then check the site like in my case they mentioned [email protected] which suggest their site name as www.uksonyericsson.com as the usual scenario when dealing with email adds like [email protected] so there should be www.gmail.com. And viola "Network error (dns_unresolved_hostname)" is the msg - so it's FAKE/HOAX!!!

• Sk
    skap Feb 27, 2009

i have received a similar SMS but with 450, 000 pounds. but when i called the number that they gave, the number was not available. i believe this is a scam. please do not give any amount or any other information. i have looked into their website and they dont have this promo posted. even the email address they gave "[email protected]", if you go to www.uksonyericsson.com, this website doesnt exist.

• Vi
    vishvesh Mar 27, 2009

even i gt a message tht u have won 420, 000 pounds and on sending confirmation they called me also and they have sent me deed of guarantee as a attachment i dnt knw wat to do ??????/ apart from courier charges are they asking for ne other payments??????? plz help me out if ne body has ne information

kamran Apr 03, 2009

I also got tht msg ... but yet they didnt me for money ... i dunno its true or fake ... but unless they didnt ask me the money i wont believe tht this is spam or junk ... well its a very big company n i also dont believe tht they will ask money for in exchange of a huge amount...

kamran Apr 03, 2009

its al fake...

• Ak
    akram Apr 18, 2009

Even I too received same message to my cell.My option was Diplomatic Consignment Delivery and I was supposed to pay deliver charges. 760pounds
    by western union as soon as posible on 18/04/2009
    they will be sending the cheque and other relevant documents in oman i call them they where repliying

Mr. Marcus Wallenberg
    Tel: +44-704-574-3467
    Tel: +44-702-405-8044
    Fax: +44-7006-017-210

and verification number also but i dont no what to do
    400ro for trancation i and my family member r feeling that it is fake

• Al
    alvinwriter May 14, 2009

Now there's this email circulating that Sony-Ericsson is giving away free laptops if you send to more people the email you received. It's even got a Sony-Ericsson email address. What do you guys think about this?

• Ha
    HAIRUN May 20, 2009

I have received a sms that my mobile no has won 500, 000 pounds.
    While asking for details in [email protected] they expalin me about this and asked to send me all docs for verification.
    After sending all the docs they revert me back that I am the lucky winner
    and I can collect the cheque from their head office or mony can be directly transfer to my account, but a cost of transfer of rs 107000 has to be transfer by me to First Diamond Bank before they transfer the winning amount
    to my said account, all contact persons name are written over their.
    Is it true and relaiable? Plz confirm

• Ba
    balusarkate May 29, 2009

hi,
    My name is Balu R. Sarkate
    I have received sms from UK sony ericsson that Fou hundred & fifty thousand pounds has been awarded to you by SONY ERICSSON COMMUNICATION.

please help me.

Reply as soon as possible

• Mu
    Mudassar Jun 10, 2009

Hey guys I am just thinking to take any action to this guys by ourself...we will just stop this let other peoples not be faked... If anyone on my team contact me to my mail add.. [email protected]

• Ai
    Aimal jan Saba Jun 18, 2009

Hello Dear
    I have received a sms that my mobile no has won 500, 000 pounds.
    But I don't know what shuld i do Please guide me and give me replay as soon as posiabale
    Please if same one know aobut that plz send me E-mail by this Add
    [email protected]
    Regards
    Aimal jan "Saba"

• Mi
    Michael Brower Jul 31, 2009

I too was sent a sms informing me of my winnings of 154000 pounds by the said sony ericsson mobile communication. my email address [email protected] please let me know if it is a scam

• Be
    Bedri Rexhepi Aug 01, 2009

i also got msg from sony and won 500, 000 gbp .this was 2 days ago 31.07 2009. but they also ask me to pay amount of money 670 gbp. .Can anyone tell me is this true or just a scam.my e-mail [email protected] .Thank you

• Fa
    Fatih. Aug 16, 2009

how can you believe this is true ? ? ? look that massages just in this website.. :) if it's true there is too much lucky people here brother.I got same message and i never use sony ericcson in my life so its FAKE

• Mu
    mustafa şahin Aug 17, 2009

ı have also get sms of winning410.000 pounds..ı am from turkey and ı haven't bougth anything from sonyericsson..please help us ..what thats menaning.?

• Do
    Domingo Deray Aug 18, 2009

I recieved aan email from sony ericsson stating that I on a huge amount. This is the content of the message;

Dear Winner:

This department has acknowledged the receipt of your mail and its content well noted. This is the Payment Release Department and we are glad to have informed you of your winning prize. As the fiduciary agent in charge of this promotion, I shall by duty guide you through on how you are to redeem your won prize. I wish to congratulate you once again on your emergence as one of our winners, as we presume that you would utilize your won funds of 710, 000.00 British Pounds Stealing well as soon as it’s remitted to you. All the winners in the Promotion were selected by an advanced automated random computer ballot search from the Internet as part of our international promotions program which we conduct every year.

Please be informed that you, in compliance with the governing procedures and inline with our payout policies you are required to complete the below required verification form, which is mandatory for all international benefactors and further more required for the verification and preparation of all paper works associated with the payment of your won funds.

Thus, you are to furnish this department with the below claims requirement:

1. Full name:
    7. Marital Status:
    8. Occupation:
    9. Nationality:
    10.Winning email account:
    11.A copy of your Identity card or International passport: (Optional)

A certified bank draft will be draft on your name and it will delivered to your designated address in your country by our assigned Courier Service. Be informed that you will receive your Bank Draft at your doorstep between 24-48hrs, after confirmation of dispatch. Provide the details below for the delivery of your bank draft.

COURIER DELIVERY SERVICES.

Address 1:
    City:
    State/Province:
    Zip Code:
    Country:

You are expected to provide the above details to enable us proceed with the processing of your won prize and the delivery of your draft.

NOTE: All winners are assured of the utmost standards of confidentiality and press anonymity until the end of proceedings, and beyond where they so desire. Winners are advised to keep their winning details/information from the public to fraudulent claim (IMPORTANT) pending the transfer/claim by Winner. Also, you will be for the modalities associated with the remittance of your funds inline with our payout policies. Your funds (710, 000.00GBP) is been insured to your winning E-mail address by Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications Int.

Upon the receipt of the above required details, your verification will commence, and it would take between 6 to 8 hours to complete this process and you will be contacted afterwards and briefed on the payment status of your won funds and details on how your won funds would be remitted to you accordingly.

You are advised to act fast about this information soonest for further correspondence. Congratulations on behalf of the Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications Int and our promotion agents all over the world.

Once again I say congratulations. For any urgent assistance you are advice to contact me direct on this number +4470359 81493.

Sincerely yours,
    Mr.Jackson Smith .
    Fiduciary Agent @
    Sony Ericsson 2009 Promo
    Direct line: +4470359 81493.

SONY ERICSSON PROMOTION COPYRIGHT © 2009 ALL RIGHT RESERVED

• Os
    osman10 Aug 26, 2009

they are liers so do not believe them.

• Di
    Dimitrios Sep 17, 2009

Dear Sirs,

I have received a message in my mobile phone that I suppose to be selected as a winner of an amount of 500, 000 gbp. May this be true ? I suupose to pay for delivery the amount of 320 gbp via Western Union.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices