Sleep Number Beddoes not rasie or lower position

G

I purchased a queen-size sleep by number in May '05 at their
Menlo Park store. It had controls to raise/lower, the head and
the foot positions. I moved to point Pleasant NJ 8/1/06 and
ever since these controls do not work. I was sent a new remote
control (charged for) and fax messages to try to correct the problem. I have not been able to get anyone to come to my home
to fix this problem and, to my knowledge, it is not their practice
to send repairmen to the site. How can I fix this bed by fax message when I am 75 years old with severe back problems ?
I wish someone would help me for I thought the bed was under
20 year warranty.

• Kr
    Kristin Prahl Aug 13, 2008

Hello, my name is Kristin. I work for Select Comfort in the Customer Service Call Center, I am so sorry to hear you are having problems with your adjustable foundation not raising and lowering. Select Comfort does not actually manufacture the adjustable foundations; therefore we do not warranty them. Your warranty holders are actually a company called Leggett & Platt. You do have a 20 year limited warranty though them as well. I know they do offer service calls depending on what stage of the warranty you are in. I recommend checking with them for the clear facts on the warranty policies of their product. You can reach Leggett & Platt at [protected]. We value feedback from our customers and appreciate you taking the time to let your issue be known.

Sleep Well,

Kristin Prahl

Select Comfort

I’m a 45!

• St
    Stephen Aug 17, 2008

It's funny. We purchase these beds with an assumption that Select Comfort stands by their product. What is my sleep number? I can't tell you because both the wired remote displays went out. No warranty. What happened to the twenty year warranty? I guess it doesn't cover the wired remotes because it's too expensive to send a whole new pump. I was told I would have to buy a new pump. Hey Select Comfort! Don't you have any parts laying around? Send them to me., so I can fix your remote!

• Di
    Dirk Dec 19, 2008

I am on my second set of remotes, fisrt ones replaced under warranty. Now I have to dish out some cash for another set. Must be a common problem since they get bid up like crazy on e-bay. Obviously there is a problem with these remotes. If select comfort stood by there product they would take care of these customers. I love my bed and its been a headache since the remotes do not work right, my wife has been sleeping with almost no air on her side of the bed complaining of a sore back until I finally tried to get it more comfortable for her, even though the display on neither remotes work. I have contacted customer service and they can only give me a discount on the new pumt that cost around $400.00 Either way I could get one cheaper on e-bay and can't even afford that right now. If you stood behind your product you would take care of this obvious problem. Remotes are probably made in China or Mexico.

Marcie Dec 21, 2008

We purchased the queen super with all the bells and whistles. Whenever we used the head raising control, the gears all broke... and had to be replaced. This happened two times Now they want to charge me. I have yet to get to sleep in the 6 year old bed with the head raised because it broke every time I tried to raise it. We do, however love the rest of the features so we bought another one for a guest bedroom and now have a new problem. We have to unplug the bed that is not being adjusted because if one remote is changing the sleep number setting both beds start changing... I'm tired of trying to get a response from these people. So my advice is... if and when it works, it's a great bed (5 stars). If you are handy and can fix it yourself get one.. the reliability of this bed is substandard and the customer service is worse.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices