Sirius XM RadioBait and switch selling practices

Sirius contacted me and told me they would send me a free radio to extend my account to a second car for no charge. I received the radio and it took me over two hours to install it properly. I then called to have it turned on and they want to sell me a whole subscription to activate it!
I was told when they sent me the radio that there would be no extra charges to hook it up to a second car.
Now they just keep saying I have to pay for a new subscription for a separate radio. Why did they send me a radio and tell me it would be a free second radio on my existing account? That was a flat out lie! I then had to uninstall all the wires and crap and throw out their radio.
This company has no competition and can do whatever they please, including a Bait and Switch maneuver to sell more accounts! I cant go to another satellite radio company.
AND - Since they now have commercials on most channels, I'm going back to FM.

• Da
    Dawn Walkington Boyter Jun 18, 2018

I got a mail offer for a SiriusXM subscription on my 2006 Dodge Ram with a current inactive
    SiriusXM radio for "$99.00 for three years". When I called the lady said that plan was not one of their current offers (even though they listed my Dodge radio ID and account number on the offer mailed to me). She attempted to sell me a 6 month subscription at a greatly higher price. Spent in excess of an hour on the phone with them followed by another 30 minutes of chat. Guess I will go ahead and scan the letter to forward to the LA State Atty General's office. Also to be posted on FB, Twitter & Instagram accounts so everyone knows about the illegal business practices of SiriusXM Satellite Radio.

• Ji
    Jim Benefiel Mar 11, 2018

I got a mail offer for a SiriusXM subscription on my 2008 Colorado with a current inactive
    SiriusXM radio for "$99.00 for three years". When I called the lady said that plan would not work on my radio (even though they listed my Colorado radio ID and account number on the offer mailed to me). She attempted to sell me a 6 month subscription at a greatly higher price. I then informed the lady I discerned a "bait and switch" and told her to fly a kite and hung up. I now hesitate to respond to another offer to extend my subscription on my two month old Tahoe for 6 months in response to a separate mail offer on that vehicle since SeriusXM appears to be a dishonorable company. They appear to take business lessons from the cable companies. Jim Bene