Singapore Airlinesflight cancellation - mi415 from kathmandu to singapore - 25 november 2019

J Dec 01, 2019

Hi, I would sadly like to express my unhappiness with a flight cancellation that occured on flight MI415 from Kathmandu to Singapore - 25 November 2019.

On Monday 25 November, 2019 we waited the three hours as advised at the Kathmandu airport, we then boarded and prepared for takeoff. After some time we were then informed that the plane was not going to be flying tonight. We were all taken off the aircraft and after 2 hours of confusion about what was happening we were taken to a hotel (which was lovely) and accommodated for the night. We were then bought back to the airport the following day and eventually flown to Singapore arriving more than 12 hours later than scheduled.

My main unhappiness was the loss of a full day in Singapore. Our work only allowed us to have 3 days in Singapore to explore the city, now it was only to be 2 days. My other dissatifaction was the lack of communication about what was happening and why. As you can appreciate we were very anxious about what was happening at the time and we weren't getting clear communication about the change. It saddens me to write this complaint as we travelled on Singapore airlines/Silk Air from Australia to Nepal, via Thailand and back again, and have nothing but praise for the professionalism and efficient staffing that you have.

I would like you to consider my complaint and offer compensation or an alternative accordingly.

Kind regards