Singapore Airlines Logo

Singapore Airlines

Having problems with Singapore Airlines?

Singapore Airlines Customer Service Contacts

1800 742 3333 (United States)
131 011 (Australia)
800 808 909 (New Zealand)
+65 62 238 888 (Singapore)
+44 844 800 2380 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 710 722 (Ireland)
+43 15 134 655 (Austria)
+31 205 488 888 (Netherlands)
+49 697 195 200 (Germany)
+41 442 186 161 (Switzerland)
+852 25 202 233 (Hong Kong)
+63 27 568 888 (Philippines)
+27 216 740 601 (South Africa)
+82 27 551 226 (South Korea)
+66 23 536 000 (Thailand)
Airline House, 25 Airline Road

PO Box 4290, Auckland CBD, Auckland

Denmark
Grønnegade 3, 1st Floor, 1107 Copenhagen K, Denmark

China
Unit 4303, 43rd Floor, Beijing Yin Tai Center Tower C, № 2 Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue, Beijing 100022, China

Hong Kong

3rd Floor, Sanclare Building, 21 Dreyer Street, Claremont, Cape Town

South Korea
16F, OCI Bldg, 94 Sogong-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea, 04532

Thailand
31st Floor, Sathorn Square Office Tower, 98 North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Singapore Airlines Customer Service. Initial Singapore Airlines complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Singapore Airlines above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Singapore Airlines. Discuss the issues you have had with Singapore Airlines and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Singapore Airlines Complaints & Reviews

Singapore Airlines — food poisoning from inflight meal

To Whom it May Concern This is the 7th attempt to voice my complaint about the meal service of which I came...

Singapore Airlines — flight cancellation

Dear Manager RE: COMPLAINT REGARDING BOOKING REFERENCE OP4PJH PURCHASED ON 20 APRIL 2018. Due to family ...

Perth

Singapore Airlinesonline boarding pass and wrong seats issued at check-in

Hello
Booking reference WRBOUG.
We had 4 people travelling from Phuket(HKT) to Singapore(SIN) on flight SQ5053 on the 13-Oct-2018.
We booked in online and printed our boarding passes as follows:
Mr Kahanui Hohipuha Seat 25F
Mr Raymond Hohipuha Seat 19A
Mrs Brenda Clark Hohipuha Seat 18F
Mrs Geane Hohipuha Seat 18E
I believed once these bookings were confirmed online seats could not be changed.
When we went to board Mr Raymond Hohipuha had seat 18F and Mrs Geane Hohipuha had seat 18E.
Mrs Brenda Clark Hohipuha was issued with a different seat number further up the plane.
It has caused a bit of tension amongst our small travel group and one party has suggested we requested the change at the counter which we didn't.
As per online printing of boarding passes seats cant be changed.
I just need an explanation why these seats were changed so we can diffuse a family situation getting out of hand. I know when your seat is allocate you cant change.
I would appreciate any information you can provide to clarify this matter.
Kind regards Geane Hohipuha

Singapore Airlinessingapore air in general

I am Mr Marty Wall. My booking info was RM27NR flight from Bangkok to Perth Australia on 9/10/2018. I arrived on time to find flight delayed 1hour and received meal ticket ( which doesn't cover a meal & drink)- all ok . Getting plane cleared took 1/2hr longer than normal. Got into plane n flight slot gone.waited over an hour on Tarmac with no aircon in the back of this jet (terrible).We fly out.Land in Singapore but connection missed. Dumped out of plane no explanations, no assistance and given again a meal voucher ( $15 dollars - went to few places on list but at Non could a meal n drink or nearly all a meal ( including just sandwich) a pint of Guinness is $18 dollars in Singapore). I was delayed ( stuck) for 5 hours.iI wasn't even told how to get to T3 just handed a ticket n voucher n 'sorry delay' Waited in great discomfort as I had become quite ill on holiday and it looks like now 6months to fully recover. The problem was I should have been in Perth 8hrs earlier to take my medication. It was stuck in my case but, because just dumped out in bags shot off ( not even a gate number was given just T3. I missed my medication . Got on terrible seat at back of plane again( not booked window seat.I explained about my medication but as I presume there were a lot of people so late I didn't want to make it worse for them by getting my bag unloaded so I said I, d fly n take them in Perth. Four people aggressively asked me if 'I was o.k to fly'. I said yes. I could not close one eye n so covered it and put a cover over my head n tried to sleep the flight. This went ok. At NO point did any member of Singapore air ask - was I o.k. Not even offered a glass of water. On either flight. Information assistance in Singapore was also rude and unhelpful. Half my face was paralysed so I probably look odd but still no excuse. The delay ment I missed Dr appointment and seeing my medical officer at work n arranging leave n started of medical rehabilitation. All 10th oct lost because of Singapore air.
    Summary. My worst flight experience ever- and I'm now 51. Singapore air flight was Terrible - slow, late, poor seats, inhelpful n rude staff . I was in discomfort for nearly all of the incredible 17hrs it took you to get me to Perth.Your meal vouchers are a joke n having to issue 2 in one flight is also an unacceptable. You don't seem to have much idea on how to get someone who has unexpectedly fallen ill through a flight. Very poor effort. Going back and forth from England to Australia n later just to Singapore - Singapore Ir was my favourite airline. It's such a shame to see standards drop so low now. I just can't see me flying with you again.
    I don't want anything just just look out more for others like me on up and coming flights.

Singapore Airlinesrudeness experienced from incheon airport staff

Hi, would like to notify SIA of the unacceptable behaviour from a SQ office manager at Incheon Airport.
      My husband and I were flying back from Incheon to Singapore on SQ603 on 18 September 2018. We were experiencing issues with our luggage lock on our way to the airport with our passports in it. It could not be opened even with the right combination and we were stressed over it and decided to head to airport to see if any one could assist in such matters.
      The first thing we did was to approach SQ check in counter and asked for a solution. We tried to explain that we probably could resolve this with a TSA master key but apparently no one has ever heard of TSA lock (which is odd as all luggages have that now). Not wanting to make things difficult for the counter staff, we say we would like to meet the manager at the SQ office in Incheon. Our point is that he/she would have come across similar cases in the past and would be more well-positioned to provide advice. So the lady led us to the office and the manager came out. We explained our situation and ask if he has any advice. I clearly remember the first thing he said was that he has seen plenty of such cases. And he stopped short of his sentences. I tried to seek more information and ask so how does he advise those customers. He say in such cases, they have to break the lock and stopped short there again. I again try to ask how then do they break the locks in such cases? And for no reason, he got offended and stop me in the middle of my question by saying in a annoyed tone 'excuse me, we are just airport staff. Why are you talking to me in this manner?' at this point, it seems as if the Korean hierarchy goes into play and I shouldn't be questioning him at all because he is much older.
      I maintain that throughout the conversation, I was in no way rude to him nor demanding. Merely asking reasonable questions cause he was not informative at all.
      Not wanting to make him any more annoyed as we are in desperate situation due to the passport issue, I re-explained myself. He went back into the office and got his colleague to pass us a plier?? Implying we can break it ourselves. After that he did not come out at all to bid goodbye nor expressed concern.
      We were not disappointed by the lack of solutions but by how we were treated throughout by him. We were Singaporeans, taking a Singapore airline because I trusted this brand and believed that I would be treated with respect and the first point of help I can think of in such emergency situations. There wasn't any one in the office that tried to soothe our anxiousness or tried calling or asking around for solutions. None. Thats how stranded and helpless we felt in a SQ office of all places we least expected.
      After that we took the plier and left the office. We approached the general information counter for help and surprised to know that there is a service shop at the basement for faulty luggages. We make a mad rush down as it closed in 15mins. Everything was resolved by then and we made it safely on our flight back.
      But my perception of Singapore airline was seriously marred by this incident. Not all customers will ever get to be in touch with the office staff and while they are not counter staff. I think they should still be infused with a service oriented attitude as every contact with a customer affects the company/brand. As staff based in airport, they should also be well-equipped with information about airport services, if not, then at least try calling information counter. Do something that make us feel that you tried your best to help us.
      I didn't catch the manager name but the other male colleague who passed the plier to us was Park Injae. I do not have photos to submit but if they ever want the plier back, you can pick it from my place.

Singapore Airlinescomplaint on korean cabin crew

My images of Singapore Airline were kind and it had provided good cares to customers but I realized that it was not true when I took SQ602, seat# 42F on 30 September., 2018. One Korean cabin crew named MS. Hyun Jung Oh behaved very unprofessionally. Here are my complaints.

1. when she served the first drink and I finished. I asked another wine but she said to me to wait until next round as scheduled. It took 15 min to serve the second. - very unpleasant.

2. when she took back the empty glass which put on my table while I watched TV. Unlike other Singaporean crew, she asked if finished and asked me to hand it over to her food stand - absent of service mind & no customer-oriented work.

3. when it was coffee serving time, she bypassed me without asking me. Later I called her by pushing call button though. Think it was on purpose and she tried to start an emotional fight. - very unprofessional & narrow-mind service mind

4. when another Korean cabin crew, unknow her name asked dutyfree shopping, I ordered on Godiva bar-type chocolate and Elizabeth Arden lipstick. But she replied to me they might not have Godiva and checked. For over 20 minutes, she never showed up so I asked other Singaporean man cabin crew to buy same. He came to me in 1 minute with two items. - think it's a matter of sincerity

My understanding of a cabin crew's job is to give a comfortable and good care to customers while in flight. But this time, I felt uncomfortable and had an unpleasant impression on Singapore Airline because of Korean cabin crews.

Opine you need to get these two cabin crews reeducated or reshuffle to other routes.

Singapore Airlinesfee charged to rebook flight

I refer to our flights in May/June this year from Port Macquarie/Sydney to Singapore/Malaysia and return booked through Helloworld Travel Port Macquarie, Australia.

While in Kuala Lumpur we made a 2-day trip to Malacca where unfortunately my partner became unwell so we then decided it best to return directly to Singapore from Malacca by coach on 15/6/18 rather than return to KL for another 4 days before catching our booked flight from KL to Singapore on 19/6/18. Of course we expected to forfeit the fare already paid for our Silkair flight from KL to Singapore, even though we cancelled in sufficient time for our seats to be re-issued.

What we did not expect however, was the $770.00 fee to simply retain our Singapore to Sydney tickets on the same day and on the same flight as we had already booked, and it would be appreciated if you could explain why such an excessive fee was required.

Relevant flight details as follows:-

Tuesday 19/6/18 - Kuala Lumpur/Singapore. Flight SQ5118 (Silkair) - the cancelled flight.

Tuesday 19/6/18 - Singapore/Sydney. Flight SQ221

We did enjoy travelling with Singapore Airlines and we look forward to flying with you again next year.

Regards
          John Kay

Singapore Airlinesdelayed flight/lack of compensation

I was on a delayed flight SQ 915 on october 10 bound to dubai from manila so i wasnt able to catch my connecting flight to DXB. They supposed to put me on EK 355 bound to DXB at 9pm when they rearrange the flight details. But since again the SQ 915 is delayed, the plane landed at changi airport at 8pm, instead at 6pm, and they cant put me on the original flight of EK 355 because its already too late as gate was closing as per the SG ground staff. My ticket to DXB was cancelled because i used my air miles apparentlt and the staff at manila or any other employee of yours to failed to notify me or even rectify the issue before i even reached thechangi airport so i wouldnt have to deal with again delayed/missed flight. They put me instead on the next available flight to DXB via emirates airline on the next day! And probably the worse is they only gave me an access to lounge after i demanded it. I was waiting for my flight since 0430 am and they cant even offer compensation? This was by far the worst experience in my entire life. I had an important exam in dubai the next day and i even explained it to your staff but because of their incompetence i might fail. What really got me was the lack of compassion and incompetence of your staff to my plight. I get that nothing I can do will get back the time i lost waiting but i expected more from the compensation that was given to me but i only got was a sitting lounge, not even a sleeping lounge where i can sleep for a few hours. Is that how you treat your economy class client? Ive been a loyal SG flyer but this experience really changed my mind on how you deal to your passengers. I hope this reaches you and you act upon it. I was devastated really because i have loved singapore airline and this is how you treat us. I will wait for your reply.

Singapore Airlinesbaggage

From singapore, I will go back to dubai but I have a connecting flight to philippines, my flight # is pr510. I have 1 carry-on bag and a paper bag of goodies from singapore. The crews in gate 35 insisted to check-in my bag though it does not exceeded the baggage weight limit. They said I have to because the aircraft is small and the space for bags is limited. I only have two bags - my carry-on bag and paper bag of goodies. I explained to them that I don't want to check-in my bag because it is not intended for check-in. The bag doesn't have lock and the bag material is not good. I told them as well that my flight is a connecting flight. I also pointed out my concern abot the issue in the ph airport that some crews are opening the bags and getting stuffs they find needful. I was told by one of the crews to just remove my valuables from the bag. So I have no choice but to oblige. I packed everything nicely and asked for a tie wrap from them just to keep the zipper from opening. I arrived 4am in ph and my flight is 1:25 pm flight number pr658. I was complacent that my bag will be sent directly to dubai as what airlines usually do for passengers with layovers! But to find out after waiting in the carousel for so long that my bag is still in ph! This is so disappointing! That bag has perishables! I wasnt adviced by anyone from sg crew in gate 35 that I have to claim my bag in the ph airport! And how would that be possible when after embarking we were headed to the connecting flight lounge! And there's no baggage claim there! This is irritating. My loved ones are waiting for all the stuffs I bought from singapore and I went home empty handed! And on top of that I wasted my time in the airport to process my claim for the bag! I was told by the officer in baggage information here in dubai that sg changi crew only put my flight number to ph and not to dubai! That's why my bag is still there! Please respond to me asap! My email add is [protected]@yahoo.com my contact no is [protected]

baggage

Singapore Airlinesno halal food given during flight. attitude of steward can be improved.

On board SQ 983 to Spore. There was no halal food for me during the flight.
                Steward Len (if I spelt his name correctly, as I cld not see his name on his tag clearly) still offered me non-halal food, reason being there is no more halal food on plane when I clearly mentioned to him that I am a Muslim.
                I was served halal food when flying to bangkok and I dont understand why he mentioned that it was not reflected when returning back to Singapore.

I told him I am fine with buns. He gave me 2 buns... i am suppose to say yeah?! He gave me the appetiser and dessert that were not halal as well. He mentioned there were no meat in the appetiser. How insensitive can he be?
                There was also lacking of empathy from him, no follow up check to see if I am fine.
                Eventhough it was a short flight - abt 2.5hrs flight but I was hungry because I did not take any food before boarding the plane.

To think that SQ, with a reputation for its 'quality service' can offer such blunder of lacking of halal food on board plane and lacking of empathy from the steward.. it was certainly a disappointment.

Singapore Airlinesautocancel my return ticket

I redeem a returned flight from Singapore to Seoul with my air miles back in April. I missed my flight SQ600 on the 27th of September. I was grateful that SIA scheduled me to the next flight free of charge.
                  HOWEVER, I didn't know SIA autocancel my return ticket without notifying me nor obtaining my approval. Does SIA expects me to fly back to Singapore with manic carpet?
                  The result is I get stuck in the Incheon airport and is placed on waiting list with no certainty. The ground staff in Seoul is not helpful and I have to purchase a new one way ticket to Singapore with AIrAsiana out of my own pocket.

Will SIA refunds me back KW 730600?

Singapore Airlineslost baggage

Hi Singapore air.

After the recent mistake made by Singapore airlines which resulted in my bags being misplaced for three days, over 72 hours at which time I was on an expensive chartered surf boat without any equipment or clothes such as surfboards or dive gear that I brought. To recover the bags was a slow and frustrating process that took up a good chunk of the fist part of my travel. At least 6 hours of phone calls and emails trying to find where my bags were and how to get them to me.
                    I chose to fly Singapore air becouse if it's customer service reputation and paid more that other discount airlines because I wanted the higher level of service.
                    The inconvenience was massive and level of customer service was very poor and I would hope that Singapore airlines can make up for this terrible travel experience with a gesture that would make my flight home a better experience to make up for the last.
                    I am asking that I be upgraded to at least Buisness class for my travel home.
                    I fly 1250pm tomorrow the 4th October from Male airport in the Maldives on flight MI 0481 to Singapore then from Singapore at 0045am on flight SQ 0231 to Sydney then from Sydney to Sunshine Coast on VA 0481 leaving at 1230pm.
                    Thank you for your consideration.

Kind regards,

Matthew Mchale.

Get Outlook for iOS

Singapore Airlinesno follow up by sia

I have called up the customer service hotline on 21 Sept 18 to complaint against the poor service by a call agent and follow up with another online submission on 23 Sep 18 regarding the same matter as directed by the call agent to do so .
                      I was assured by the customer service agent that I will receive a call back from SIA within 72 hours but it has been more than a week and no one from SIA has contacted me .
                      Do I need to write to the ST Forum page or social media before action will be taken ???

Please call me at [protected] . My booking reference number is RB2BYO.

Mr Zai

Singapore Airlines — flight cancellation

flight SQ248 on 15 Sep 2018 at 13:45 from Wellington to Melbourne Good afternoon I am been reflecting on our...

Dunedin

Singapore Airlinesdamaged luggage

hi,

Ref: TKT: [protected], Airline Reference: V8YFS5

I landed at Bangalore international airport and collected my luggage around 11 pm on 23rd Sep 2018 and found one side of the bag ripped open and clothes & other items damaged.

I tried to register my complaints only to be told that no one is there to attend to my issue at that time and I was asked to register it during working hours.

I stay at Taj Vivanta at Whitefield Bangalore during my trip and I need a luggage to keep my clothes etc. Need your urgent help to rectify this situation. I can be reached on +[protected].

regards
                        Venky Raghunathan

damaged luggage

Singapore Airlinesre: lost luggage sin-zrh-gva on september 16th

Dear Madam/Sir,

The past week has been tiring and stressful to say the least. Indeed, I was attending a global meeting with our CEO, the whole executive team and senior management from around the world (150 delegates).

Not having my suitcase the whole time obviously added to the stress. No suit and tie for the gala dinner on Wednesday. No sports attire for the Wednesday team building in the afternoon. No "creative" costume for our "disruptive" closing dinner on Thursday evening. Etc. Of course I bought a few clothes and managed to borrow some from colleagues but still...

Now to the case...

Our booking reference is PCCM9J.

My wife and I left Singapore with SQ 346 on September 16. We had checked-in 3 suitcases (luggage tags [protected], [protected] and [protected]). We arrived in Zurich the same day in the morning. We then took LX 2804 to Geneva and arrived around 10.30am. 2 of our suitcases came reasonably fast on the belt ([protected], [protected]) but the 3rd one, [protected], never arrived. One of my colleagues, Sherry Linert, who was on the same flights from Singapore, encountered the same problem. She filed a missing bag declaration like I did. Fortunately for her though, she received her bag the same day in the evening in Evian, France, where our global meeting was taking place. Unfortunately, I didn't and to make things worse, nobody was able to tell me where it was, when I would receive it.

Our missing bag declaration reference, provided by e-mail, was [protected].

After filing our declaration, the first e-mail from Gva. bags came at 12.54pm on the 16th with the reference above and the hotline phone number, +41-[protected]. After that I did a lot of following-up. I will not elaborate too much in this message but if required I will gladly provide you with all the details (many e-mails).in a nutshell:
                          1. Nobody EVER answered the hotline number (many attempts).
                          2. I went to the airport twice to speak to somebody at the Swissport office (once on the 16th in the evening and then the following morning on the 17th).
                          3. As mentioned above, I followed-up a lot by e-mail.
                          4. On Tuesday night, shortly before midnight, I received a call from... New Jersey! The lady confirmed that my suitcase was there and that they would try to put it on a direct flight to Geneva the same day and that she would call back in a few hours to confirm.
                          5. Just after midnight I sent an e-mail to gva. bags to give them this info and to help them follow-up.
                          6. Obviously I went to sleep. Nobody called and in the morning there was no missed call. However I did receive a response from gva. bags saying that they were glad to hear some good news (based on my e-mail) and that they would have my suitcase sent to my hotel in Evian once received. I was very surprised and disappointed that they hadn't even contacted New Jersey to find out more and confirm if/when it would be sent. At this stage it was clear that they were not doing much, just waiting and it looked like I was doing their job!
                          7. Around lunch time I sent an e-mail asking for an update. The answer was not encouraging, "no bag was forwarded, maybe tomorrow"...
                          8. Finally on Thursday, Sept 20th, at 16.53 I received an email stating that my suitcase had arrived in Geneva and would be delivered to me in the evening.
                          9. It arrived at my hotel after our closing dinner started so basically too late.
                          10. Condition of luggage: the main/middle lock was broken off (with a tape from US customs). Our suitcase cover [brand: LOQI, Berlin design], gone.

Feedback on the service provided and concerns/questions

Not at all professional, no follow-up, no initiative.
                          I had to ask for information regularly otherwise I would have been left in the dark.
                          Even after the call from New Jersey, follow-up was poor.
                          How did my suitcase end up in New Jersey and that it couldn't be tracked?
                          Why did the US customs break the lock when we had provided the code and, above all, the lock is equipped with the TSA lock?

Whereas I understand that these sort of things can happen, I feel that the service, support provided to resolve the situation was highly inefficient and extremely slow.in view of all the inconvenience and stress caused I trust that we will be compensated and reimbursed as follows:

Our SAMSONITE suitcase and LOQI cover replaced.
                          Reimbursement for all the clothes/shoes that we had to buy.
                          Additional compensation whether in cash or others e.g. free miles, upgrades, etc. for all the inconvenience.

Looking forward to a prompt response from you, I remain at your disposal should you need further information, e-mails or various pictures that I have taken (the suitcase without the lock, the lock itself, boarding passes, luggage tags, etc).

Best regards,

Joel Annen
                          KF Gold#: [protected]

P.S. my wife and I are flying back to Singapore on Tuesday, September 25th, in the evening with SQ 2075 from Geneva to Frankfurt and then with SQ 325 to Singapore. We've been trying to upgrade using our miles but without success (waitlist). It would be nice if you could help with this or even a better upgrade in view of all that has happened.

RESOLVED

I filed this by mistake thus have asked to remove this complaint. Thanks.

Singapore Airlines — seat allocation on a flight from singapore to sydney on 29 august 2018

I have filled this form of complaint re this issue, on 14th September. Have not received a reply from you in...

Singapore Airlines — inconvenience caused due to long flight delay

Madam/ Gentleman I, Parameswaran Iyer had planned my trip to Singapore along with my wife, Shobha Hariharan...

Mumbai

Singapore Airlinesunacceptable customer service by singapore airlines

Please see below and attached information to give full details of my complaint. If the information is unclear, please forward me an email address and then I can email all the details to you.

DETAILS

Mobile; [protected]
                            18th September 2018
                            Customer Complaint Grievance
                            FLIGHT DETAILS
                            1) Shared flight SQ4217 (other codes NZ 981 / TG 4838 / VA 7541). Departing on the 6th March 2018 @ 06.10, via Air New Zealand, from Christchurch to Melbourne (Australia). Two seats booked under Philip Spicer & Christine Spicer. Seat numbers 14C & 14D.
                            COMPLAINT DETAILS
                            1) Flight tickets booked through Singapore Airlines, transferred to Air New Zealand flight under a flight code share. ANZ refused to honour my SA flight tickets.
                            2) ANZ left me in a state of confusion on the day, with no alternative other than to instigate my own investigation, to ascertain why my flight agreement was not honoured. ANZ distanced themselves from the debacle and were unwilling to offer assistance or support in this process. I then contacted Singapore Airlines using my mobile phone. After a total duration of six and a half hours of being on the phone, there was no solution or support given by SA. The reason for this became apparent from the pursuing conclusions. SA instigated the error by a systems malfunction, which failed to recognise my booking at ANZ Christchurch. I believe this occurred on the 1st March. SA then tried to reinstate the booking on the 5th March but had already sold my pre-paid seats to new passengers, so again failed with this attempt. At this stage SA were aware of the issues but declined to notify me on the 5th March, or alternatively, acknowledging their error when I arrived at the airport at 4.00pm on the 6th March. This action was totally indefensible and represents a serious breach of credibility with SA integrity, especially with the debacle I endured through this tackles decision.
                            3) SA actions stranded my wife and me in NZ, necessitating accommodation for the 6th March, as I was unable to find an alternative passage to Australia until the 7th March 2018. I booked into a Hotel located at the airport
                            4) With no support from SA, I was forced to find my own solution for flying to Australia. I booked a flight to Melbourne through ANZ, departing on the 7th March.
                            5) As the cancellation of the 6th March flight caused the SA systems to believe I had broken the ongoing chain of booked flights preceding this, I experienced issues trying to sort these flights out with particular the flight from Adelaide to Melbourne on the 5th May ( Virgin Airline, departing at 11.35 a.m.) There was initial confusion on the luggage allowance, which incurred additional payment to allow me to have international weight allowance. Virgin records will show this payment.
                            COMPENSATION CLAIM
                            Resulting from the above SA actions, I'm directly and indirectly holding SA liable for costs through their ineptitude. To address this, the necessary minimum compensation required is;
                            a) Hotel cost for stay in airport on the 6th March 2018.
                            b) Taxi from airport to Christchurch on the 6th March, after ANZ refusal to permit the boarding on a flight I had paid for and received seat confirmation from SA. I deliberated on the day over lunch, following the harrowing trauma experience caused by SA insensitive handling of my situation.
                            c) Excessive use of my mobile phone on international charge rates to try and establish why this debacle occurred. Prolonged by Singapore Airlines and my wholesale flight agent not being able to see why ANZ had refused to honour the flight tickets.
                            d) Cost of activities missed in Australia on the 6th March, due to SA not honouring my confirmed seat tickets. I had seats 14C and 14D allocated to me. SA failed to deliver on a serviced already paid for, accepting the agreement we entered into. The flight departed but ANZ refused to honour my seat reservations.
                            e) Through SA actions I missed pre-paid activities I had booked on the 6th March in Australia. I hold SA liability for my consequential costs, due to the flight debacle on the 6th March, for which I missed through no fault of my own. It was not a flight cancellation, airport disruptions, flight controller's disputes, act of good, etc., that prevented me from arriving in Melbourne on the 6th March. The ANZ flight departed but ANZ refused to honour my seat reservations and I was refused entry onto the plan due to SA actions. As a result SA incompetence was directly responsible for me being unable to enjoy my planned activities in Australia on the 6th March. This was down to SA incompetence and negligence.
                            f) Below I have summarised the costs I'm submitting for reimbursement from SA;
                            1. Travel and lunch cost for Christchurch; Taxi return NZ$130 and lunch NZ$127.
                            (I paid by cash for these and do not have receipts)
                            2. Overnight Hotel accommodation cost; NZ$363.5
                            (I have a receipt for this)
                            3. Phone calls; 390 minutes to SA on the 6th March and 71 minutes on the 7th March. Then 37 minutes to UK agent on the 6th March. In total I incurred 498 minutes of conversations to try and resolve the situation SA had left me in. This cost me 20p per minute, equating to a total cost of UK£100.
                            (I have my phone log for this)
                            4. Loss of activities in Australia on the 6th March; UK£120
                            (This was booked as part of my total package through my agent and I do not have a separate receipt for this)
                            5. Goodwill and others out of pocket costs, payment for inconvenience, stress, holiday disruption, etc.; UK £250.
                            6. Reimbursement of the two seat costs for the 6th March together with extra luggage payment to Virgin. At this time I do not have the value of this.
                            GRAND TOTAL UK£815 plus point 6

SUMMARY
                            A significant delay has occurred before contacting you due to on-going investigation. Though now these investigation have clearly identified SA are solely responsible for the flight issues I experienced on the 6th March.
                            In light of all the facts available to me, I hold SA responsible for the necessary compensation for this unnecessary experience and expense I have incurred.
                            Can I please ask you to review my claims and request the stated costs quoted above are honoured in full to draw an end to this fiasco?
                            I sincerely hope SA can avoid further protraction of this complaint and accept their liabilities as highlighted. This would then conclude a closure of this complaint.
                            Can you please advise me of SA intentions regarding my complaint and proposed conclusion?

Yours faithfully.
                            Phil Spicer

2. Details of my schedule programme of flights booked with SA.
                            3. Copy of my phone log during the deplorable experience I endured through SA incompetence.
                            4. Notes supplied by ANZ and my agent in the UK.

It was not possible to load all the supporting documentation, so could I please ask you give me an email address where I can send this through to you?

Singapore Airlinesdamaged baggage

1. It is to bring to your notice that I flew with my family on Singapore Airlines flight no SQ406 from Singapore to Delhi on 7th September 18 on seat numbers 50A, 50B, 50C, 51A & 51B.
                              2. We had 5 baggage as Checkin baggage and from Delhi we had a connecting flight from New Delhi To Vadodara.
                              3. It is to bring to your notice that as I proceeded for dropping my baggage with Air India for my flight to Vadodara I found one of my checkin bag which I received after deplaning at Delhi was in torn state and I had to get it wrapped in the poly sheet for onward travel.
                              4. It is requested that cost of the bag may be reimbursed along with wrapping cost of the bag.
                              5. I can be contacted on my mobile no [protected].
                              6. Same matter has been reported to your Ahmedabad office on three occasions first one being on 8 sep

• Updated by Amit Mehta557 · Sep 18, 2018