Singapore Airlines Logo

Singapore Airlines

Having problems with Singapore Airlines?

Singapore Airlines Customer Service Contacts

1800 742 3333 (United States)
131 011 (Australia)
800 808 909 (New Zealand)
+65 62 238 888 (Singapore)
+44 844 800 2380 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 710 722 (Ireland)
+43 15 134 655 (Austria)
+31 205 488 888 (Netherlands)
+49 697 195 200 (Germany)
+41 442 186 161 (Switzerland)
+852 25 202 233 (Hong Kong)
+63 27 568 888 (Philippines)
+27 216 740 601 (South Africa)
+82 27 551 226 (South Korea)
+66 23 536 000 (Thailand)
Airline House, 25 Airline Road

PO Box 4290, Auckland CBD, Auckland

Denmark
Grønnegade 3, 1st Floor, 1107 Copenhagen K, Denmark

China
Unit 4303, 43rd Floor, Beijing Yin Tai Center Tower C, № 2 Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue, Beijing 100022, China

Hong Kong

3rd Floor, Sanclare Building, 21 Dreyer Street, Claremont, Cape Town

South Korea
16F, OCI Bldg, 94 Sogong-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea, 04532

Thailand
31st Floor, Sathorn Square Office Tower, 98 North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Singapore Airlines Customer Service. Initial Singapore Airlines complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Singapore Airlines above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Singapore Airlines. Discuss the issues you have had with Singapore Airlines and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Singapore Airlines Complaints & Reviews

Singapore Airlines — flight sq247

My name is Brittany Carter. I was on the cancelled flight SQ247 from Melbourne to Wellington on 15 September...

Melbourne

Singapore AirlinesI have a complaint about seat allocation.

My daughter had to leave Colombo, Sri Lanka, a day before her scheduled flight which was on 29th August SQ 469, connecting with SQ211 from Singapore to Stdney. We deliberately did not cancel her seat as I (her mother, who is prone to DVT and a steel pinned bad leg) could have stretched my bad leg and walked up and down aisles. The flight from Colombo to Singapore was good and we had the extra room, but the Singapore to Sydney leg...her seat (aisle seat) was sold to another person and I was stuck in the middle, unable to get in or out of my seat, on a long flight, which, in reality could have worked out very badly for your airline (if I ended up with DVT, or any other injury) especially when we did not cancel the seat. I have tried to get in touch with you for the last 10 days or so, but found it very hard to navigate your sites (most unfriendly). The least Singapore Airline could do is refund the ticket price for the seat that your airline decided to cancel. I would like to hear from you as soon as possible (and I think 7 days sounds about right). Thanking you in anticipation of a favourable reply. Lauren McKinnon

Singapore Airlinesthe flight

On outward bound to Singapore from Charles De Gaul, 02/07/2018 the flight attendant made me feel like I was a nuisance asking for a beverage. This was constant, the look on his face was very disrespectful. On the way back from Singapore to Charles De Gaul, 21/07/2018, the food ran out. I had a bread bun from leftovers and my daughter had chicken noodles again left overs from the previous nights meal for our breakfast.
    It has been a stretch financially and given Singapore Airlines are meant to be outstanding I was so excited to fly. It is a big part of the holiday experience. I was very let down and for £940 with no food left it is disgusting.
    I don't think I am being unreasonable in asking for a part refund for myself and my daughter.

Singapore Airlinesbaggage handling

I flew from dusseldorf via Singapore to Sydney with Singapore Airlines and then onto the goldcoast with, Singapore Airlines didn't put my bike from the dusseldorf flight onto my Sydney flight, I was travelling to Australia for the world triathlon Championships, the last 2 days have been very Tressful I kept calling their luggage tracker dnate, the first agent I spoke with said someone would contact me as the bike was due to be flown from Singapore to Sunday the next morning, when there was no word I rang again, the 2nd agent said Singapore had it arrived in Sydney do was due in the gold coast for 8.30pm yesterday put it couldn't be delivered to my gold Coast residence as it was after 7pm. I went to the gold Coast airport in person as I needed it for today to be able to check in for my race, when I asked Virginia airlines who had supposedly been given the bike they advised me that it was still in Sydney as Singapore Airlines delayed sending it on again, the rep from Virginia had to tell the people in Sunday to send it to me, I got my bike late and Virginia airlines gave me a letter confirming the bike not being delivered as the reason for my late race Registration which was luckily accepted thanks to the letter, I have been sick. Twice with worry and in tears with the stress of it All and the very real reality that I wasn't going to get my bike to race. If I hadn't gone to the airport physically today I still wouldn't have my bike, this travel was at my expense again, Singapore Airlines wouldn't compensate me in anyway for my trouble, I flying home with them on the 17/9 as far as Amsterdam and I'd like a free seat upgrade for the trouble they put me through, I've trained 10 years to qualify fortis race and they could care less that they almost allmost cost me it

baggage handling

Singapore Airlinesflight sv5945

Team,

This is a complaint for the crew operated flight SV5945 on 9th September from jeddah to delhi.
        There was a seat issue but the crew said Sit anywhere. So the incident as follows,
        My parents were seated on Row 45 (4 peoples) coming from Haj, there was a male crew who was very rude with them, lack of hospitality, discipline and Arguing with them. Threw the food of my parents on their clothes and on the bags not even apologising for the same and telling my father(Seated on 45D)to sit in squeeze position with lots of attitude.
        Parents requested for Water, tea, milk, juices etc, he provided water very less and when the asked for More for which he said it is over with attitude. I don't know what was wrong with that crew .
        Now Such a big airline is running this haj operations such a shame on the crew who was doing this and was trained to be like this. This type of Behaviour is unacceptable and i hope the management should take strict against such employees of your company keeping me informed about the same. These type of crew Treat Haj pilgrims like I don't know what and think they belong to what type of family. Infact they should be polite with them and helping in every way.
        Similarly, the flight which took off from Del-Jeddah (SV5922, of 27th july) all crew to be appreciated of the service they did on that flight. My parents were appreciating all the crew of their Care and the way they treated all the passangers(Haj pilgrims) on board.

This is my request to you kindly look into this matter as these crew (SV5945 of 9th September) downgrading the goodwill pf the company and inflight services of such a big airline and i hope strict disciplinary action should be taken against them.

Thanks,
        Kind Regards,
        Ahmad Zeeshan
        Manager-Air India LTD.
        Govt. Of India.
        [protected]

Singapore Airlinescustomer service

I feel compelled to make a complaint against Singapore Airlines who boast a reputation as having great customer service. My experience with them has been nothing short of tortuous. As well as the below complaint which I sent to them, at no point have they reached out to me to explain or apologise for the lack of service. From the below complaint I finally received an email saying my complaint had been escalated and someone would get back to me. Today, over 2 months later after hearing nothing from them again - at each stage it has been me following up on the progress of the complaint, they have not called me at all - I rang to see what was the progress of my complaint was. I was put on hold for over 40 minutes and during that time received an email saying that I would receive some compensation at the check in desk when i fly next year. I understand it may be policy to not reveal what compensation it may be. However, I am left not knowing if my complaint was handled - the service certainly hasn't been any better.
          I had heard good things about this airline and it is very disappointing that their customer service does not live up to the hype, very far from it.

Email Address :diana.[protected]@gmail.com
          Country Of Residence :Australia
          Contact Number :-444187
          Authenticated:FALSE
          KFTier :
          Feedback Type :concern
          Feedback Category :Your booking experience
          Feedback Topic : Special assistance
          Feedback :Further to my complaint on the 20th June regarding having been booked on and sent incorrect flight details I would like to add that since that incident occurred the subsequent customer service I have experienced has been a disgrace to your airline with the exception of two staff members who actually were willing and able to help me. I booked my flight to FCO on the 19th June 2018 for the 20th April 2019 and was booked on flights for the 28th April 2019. While I absolutely understand and accept that anyone can make a mistake the way I was treated was abominable. I had upgraded from Economy to Premium Economy with points and was told it was up to me to get those points back so they could be applied to the correct flight on the 20th. No-one apart from Chito offered to help me with that. I was told repeatedly that they couldn't do anything to help and i should expect a call from a specialist some time in the next 3 days so it could be determined if the error was mine or staff members who i had booked with. At this point and until i strongly pushed the point no replacement reservation was made to get me on the correct flight. This duly appeared on my account but had disappeared by the next day. I have spent a total of: 32 minutes on the 20th 15 minutes on the 20th 12 minutes on the 20th 15 minutes on the 21st 19 minutes on the 22nd on the phone to get a resolution of this problem. Nobody has called me to let me know that the error was in fact the staff members who took the original booking, it was left to me to call the airline and it was only a "sorry 'bout that" . I was told that SIA would fix the flights up and reapply the upgrade points to the Singapore to Rome leg and that (lucky me) I wouldn't be charged anything for the changes. I had also requested seat allocation that I was told would be applied to the corrected booking and that didn't happen either. This has been an extremely stressful contact, and my first with SIA and the lack of care for your customer is disgusting and leaves a lot to be desired. The only other person - and this includes KrisFlyer who didn't have a clue as to how to assist me - was the supervisor Jivina. I work in customer experience and know how a client should be treated and it is not this way. I think it would be fitting to grant some form of compensation as a matter of principal and as a gesture of goodwill and would demonstrate that SIA shows they take responsibility for their actions. Regards Diana Welbourn.
          I would like to know what my compensation is as I feel that they may be refunding a minor difference in flight cost from my booked date to the incorrect booking date. If that is the supposed compensation I will not fly with them again.
          Yours sincerely
          Diana Welbourn

Singapore Airlineslost property on board aircraft

See Feedback Ref:S-[protected]
            The ipad was reported missing immediately disembarking the first leg, to A10 Departure Lounge staff who reassured me of the honesty of the cleaning team. I did not go back to get it as the staff member said she would contact cabin staff who would bring it to me. They did not and I had to get my connecting flight.

All efforts to contact the airline are directed to their lost and found e service, who just search a registry. Emails to management have gone unanswered. No communication about whether cleaning team were told or what was done following the request to collect the item and why it was not immediately returned.

Customer service is poor. Not worthy of a first class airline.
            Property lost by friends on other airlines - Qantas - has been immediately and persoanlly returned to customers while still in the airport.
            Singapore airlines reputation is damaged as one that is not honest or trustworthy.

Singapore Airlinescustomer service

My ticket number is 618 [protected].

Originally I was to fly from auckland to Delhi on 31 August but I decided not to due to ill health.

At 8 am New Zealand time I called auckland office number and it went through all the options automated and hold was never ending. I disconnected after 30 mins and I called back again at 9 10 am and the rep reserved my travel back on 6 September and the time limit was too little to 6 am New Zealand time.

I called Singapore contact centre +65 etc since auckland office was shut at 10 pm at night. After a long hold I got through to franc a representative and then told me she will call back in 10 mins at 11 35 pm at night and I never received any call till 1 20 am at night.

I gave her my numbers and I didn't use my phone so as to not cause any disturbance I receiving any call.

I decided to call at 1 20 am and after 12 mins at 1 32 am my call was attended to and I told the rep my concern about not receiving call back and she said she will call now. But she too never called me. I then decided to call again at 1 43 am and again after a long hold my call was attended and I was very upset about customer service and the rep apologised for all the inconvenience and kept putting me on hold and finally transferred my call after 20 mins to first rep. Franc apologised but I don't accept any apology because calculating fare difference is not very hard and it doesn't take three hours to calculate.

I had a terrible experience with Singapore rep prajakta earlier on 18 / 19 August who misrepresented and befooled me completely by only sending itinerary and not confirmed ticket etc. for which I will detail the story later then delhi airport officials wasted time and I couldn't fly on 19 August.

I have been travelling with SA for over a decade and have been noticing decline in service and I am being forced to take emirates or Thai

I need someone to call me back on [protected] to discuss on this. I will not take this trouble lightly anymore for last two years I am being tormented by Singapore airlines and I have decided not to travel again with you guys

Singapore Airlinesno assistance and no one wants to take responsibility

My original flight is SQ 231 and I was rebooked to SQ241, I am diabetic and with heart problem, I was asking assistance to book a hotel, transfer desk reffered me to information, information staff reffered me back to transfer desk, I was getting dizzy already, feeling unwell, looking for a clinic, transfer desk referred me to clinic which is closed.

Information said They dont have available room, without looking or inquiring on the phone.

When I said I am going to pay on my own, they found a room for me, after so many wasted hours of being bounce back from transfer desk of scoot and Singapore airline counter, to information counter.

I am supposed to work tomorrow in Sydney but with the delayed flight, I will be missing work, scoot or singapore airline transfer desk doesnt even want to take responsibility for my overseas call to inform my manager in Sydney.

I am now at ambassador hotel terminal 2, still recovering from from being hypoglycemic with the worst experience I had .

I paid for my seat with a wider legroom, but my rebooked flight seat number is not what I paid for.

I think I don't deserved this treatment, it is not my fault to have all this mess, expenses, inconviniences and health hazzards.

Singapore Airline — loss of baby trolley

Dear Sinpapore Airlines, My name is Ms Sokuntheavy Ya and my son's name is Master Kit Ream Fenwick, We flew...

Singapore Airlinessingapore explorer pass and the reservation team

I called SQ on Aug 27th to pre-book 2 Adult and 1 Child Singapore Explorer Passes. We arrive into Singapore on Sat 1st September so we we are outside the 72 hour deadline. The reservation agent had all sorts of issues in trying to sell me the passes. Firstly with what currency he was going to sell them in to me (GBP vs AUD vs SGD). Then he could only book 1 Adult and 1 Child, not the second Adult. He said someone from another team would look at it and call me back within 6 hours. 30 hours later I called back and the reservation agent could see a booking for 3 day passes for us but not 2 day passes as requested. After explaining to him we only required a 2 day pass, after 15 minutes on hold, he came back and said that was resolved. However when I asked what currency I was paying in, therefore what the price was, he could not answer that and, after another period of being on hold, he said another team would need to look at this and get back to me!! Seriously?? This is a product you advertise on your website and yet nobody has the ability to sell it to me!! Think you need to retrain to reservation agents!! End result I did not spend SGD $264/AUD $251/GBP £151. We will do our own thing and probably spend far less, it was all about the convenience of having the passes but clearly not something SQ cares to much about!!

Singapore Airlinescomplaint

HENG TECK HWA,
                    Blk 457, Segar Road, #09-139,
                    Singapore 670457.
                    Email: [protected]@gmail.com

SQ KFLY [protected]
                    Boarded flight SQ242-from Sydney back to Singapore.
                    Retrived my luggages and straight away take a Grabcar service and it's driver help me to lift my bags into its car boot.
                    This morning found my luggages wheel been broken due to dropping impact. Suspect
                    bended in the airport conveyors with changing of conveyors? Wish to appeal for
                    spoilt luggagebag which I recently bought for this trip $95
                    Enclosed are my photos of my beloved luggages with its spoilt wheels.
                    Singapore Airlines my first choice.

Singapore Airlinesthe flight

My daughter & I went to Australia with Singapore Airlines. The cabin crew looked very put out when we requested anything & made me feel like a nuisance. The look on the male crew faces said it all & they were very short & matter of fact. Not welcoming at all. I paid £1, 800 for the flights & on the return leg there was no food left. We were offered the previous evenings left over chicken noodles or a bread bun for breakfast. I'm disgusted with them. I'm not a wealthy person far from it seriously let down. I would like some money back as I cannot afford another holiday in a long time so vouchers of any kind will be useless.

Damaged Baggage - Singapore Airlinesdamaged baggage - singapore airlines

To whomsoever it may concern

Subject: ref: s-[protected]

Hello,

I am writing with extreme disappointment, despair and dejection at the customer service / after service being provided to us. Please refer to the case reference number provided as the subject line. Just to give you a background - this case was initially logged as a feedback on the 7th of august 2018 and was thereafter was forwarded onto the "baggage department in kolkata".

Please refer below to the original feedback/complaint that was submitted:

Point 1:

"this is with extreme disappointment and sadness, I wish to inform that my parents travelled from melbourne to kolkata (via singapore) on saturday, the 4th of august, 2018. To their astonishment, they found that one of their suit cases to be completely damaged (one with a see through hole and other one shows that the cloth is ripped off, refer attachment) upon their arrival at kolkata, india. They tried looking for staff for assistance at the destination airport but no one was eager to help out. They were eager to travel with singapore airlines this time around because they had heard good things about the airlines (warm reception and service). But this incident was a shock to them.

The details are as follows:
                        Melbourne to sinagpore on sq238.
                        Singpore to kolkata on sq516
                        Booking reference - tn65al
                        Asset tag no - [protected]
                        Passenger's name - ashoke bose (passport no : l1958091) and sumita bose (passport no: l1969070).
                        Price of the damaged suitcase - $200 (au$ approx)
                        Photos of damaged baggage / letter of authorisation was

If this could be looked at urgently and a compensation could be initiated at an earliest, would be appreciated."

Point 2:

Thereafter, we were contacted by singapore airlines (staff named - daniel gomes) from kolkata and asked about all the details which was provided to them with photos of damaged baggage (which was dated 12th of august) and we were told that they would need to do an assessment and they would get back to us within a week.

Point 3:

Upon contacting them back about the progress on the 15th of august, I spoke to a staff named ayesha sultan who was very arrogant and rude. I was told that daniel was on leave and insisted as if my nuisances / issues which I raised was rubbish. I even wrote back to daniel gomes about her approach but disdain. I was actually flabbergasted to hear these unethical comments which was conveyed to me when I spoke to her. Quoting her words - "what has happened to your baggage - it happens". This is surely something clients won't expect when you consider singapore airlines to be a premium airlines of stature and people pay thousands of dollars to avail it.

Point 4:

When I didn't hear back from them even after 7 days (which was initially told to me) - I contacted daniel gomes back through an email yesterday, the 22nd of august 2018.
                        Then, I was replied back stating that "after careful consideration, we would have to respectfully decline any claim lodged in this regards and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused" and he send us protocols/ guidelines for damaged baggage (which I am already aware of - as I am a literate to read through the social media on the internet). The guidelines included what it not covers:

• cuts, scratches, scuffs, dents and marks that may occur despite careful handling - my baggage had a see-through hole and some part of it was ripped off.
                        • damage to, or loss of, protruding parts of the baggage including, straps, pockets, pull handles, hanger hooks, wheels, external locks, security straps, zipper tabs or other parts attached to the baggage - no as such damage
                        • unsuitably-packed luggage (e.G. Over-packed) - it was 22-24 kgs and it was not over packed as the allowance was 30 kgs
                        • baggage accepted under the conditions of the limited release tag - this includes items retrieved or confiscated by the airport authorities or security personnel - na

Point 5:

Also, to mention during these conversations, an email was sent to daniel gomes and ccd to me (may be unknowingly from one of their bosses named david tan yc - sm ccu) quoting "please reject as due wear and tear and not a frequent flyer thanks"

This kind of behaviour is completely unacceptable and unethical. We, as a customer treat singapore airlines with repute and this is absolutely a shock to me.in future, I would need to think twice before I book my tickets through the airline. Hope you can understand my frustration in regard to what has happened.in the context, it is not about claiming a piece of baggage for a couple of hundred dollars but about ethics, which I feel is quite inappropriate.

Anticipating a prompt response.

Please feel free to contact me on +[protected] for further clarifications.

Regards,
                        Angshu

Singapore Airlinescancelled flight

My name is Miriam Sinai and on the 4/7/18 I and my three children flew with Singapore Airlines from Sydney to Copenhagen via Singapore.
                          We were due to fly back the 17/8/18 but after boarding our first flight to Singapore at 12.20pm we then had to disembark the aircraft due to some fault of the plane.
                          We then had to sit and wait and wait and wait to get some information that never came until late in the afternoon when we were told that we had to stay overnight in Copenhagen until the next day when the flight would fly at 9.30am.
                          Obviously frustrating but I can also understand that if a plane is faulty, you can't fly it. Hotel that was provided was ok but a very draining day as we had already been up early to catch a four hour train ride from Sweden to get to Copenhagen airport...
                          The following day was an early start getting to the airport in time. When we got there the queues to check in were huge!
                          When waiting in line, I found out that the plane at 9.30 am to Singapore was cancelled and that Singapore airlines were trying to find other airlines to take us to Singapore and Sydney.
                          At the counter, I am informed that I can either travel up and down to two European countries before flying to Singapore and then Sydney or the best flight is 12 hours away with Qatar airways, landing Monday morning in Sydney- Two days after me and my children were supposed to be home!
                          Needless to say that I felt extremely upset, tired and angry! I am flying alone with my three children and it's a long trip regardless if it is delayed or not.
                          On top of that, the Singapore airline personnel working at the check-out desk as well as the man walking around talking to us stranded passengers, told me that they cannot offer any hotel room for the day (I have a 12 h+ wait) and no food vouchers etc. I will have to buy everything myself and send in the receipts. They did however give us a "notification of rights, and they told us that we should get 600 Euro each for compensation. However, customer relations at Singapore airlines emailed me that I would get no compensation despite the staff told me so and also gave me paper with information about it.

I will also tell you about my trip to Copenhagen three years ago which I never complained for. On the long flight from Copenhagen to Singapore, my whole row of tele screens were not working and the cabin crew could not move us to other seats. This was about 11.5 hours without any tele for me and my three! children. When you spend so much money on tickets for four passengers, you should think that a simple request for tele and inflight entertainment should be met. Instead, I had to entertain them with card games, play doh etc. I can assure you that it was quite tiring! At Singapore, the staff at Singapore airlines gave me and my three children some bloody travel wallet. A total joke and I threw them in the bin immediately!
                          I have been flying Singapore airlines every time I go to Copenhagen since my oldest daughter was born. That is 14 years! My mother has always used Singapore airlines to visit us in Sydney as well as my sister and my niece. This is because I have told them that Singapore airlines is good to fly with. I have totally changed my mind over the past trips.
                          This trip I paid a lot of money for my tickets as unforeseen circumstances required that I purchased two single trip tickets instead of return. This trip has cost me about AUD $14500 and in the end I will come home two days later than what expected after having to endure sitting at a terminal for two days, travelling back and forwards and dragging two heavy suitcases around together with three exhausted children. On Monday, we will miss both work and school.

I want what Singapore airlines staff at Copenhagen airport told me I should get in compensation, which is 600 euro each for me and my three children. This comes to a total of 2400 Euro.
                          Regards,
                          Miriam Sinai
                          Kris flyer number: [protected]
                          Phone: +[protected]

Date of incident: 17/18 of August at Copenhagen airport
                          Singapore airline flight SQ351 Flight from Copenhagen-Singapore and after this travelling to Sydney.
                          PS: I have a letter from Singapore airlines as well as a paper with the Notifications of rights that Singapore airline staff gave me at Copenhagen airport. I tried to upload them but they are PDF files and wrong format.

Singapore Airlinesflights to kolkata

I am highly dissatisfied that Singapore airlines operates Silk air flights on 3 consecutive nights to Kolkata rather than using Singapore airline fleet.
                            For people who prefer to travel with only SIA and not partner / regional airlines, this is of extreme inconvenience. Alternate day SIA and Silk air fleet would still give an option to passengers to shift travel plans by a day. But 3 days!
                            I will much prefer travelling with other airlines. SIA should note this if they don't want to lose loyal customers.

Singapore Airlinescharging change fees for lombok flights

Basically Singapore Airlines is profiting off of a natural disaster as they wanted to charge me $1500 USD to change my flight to Bali instead of Lombok. Based on this exchange, I would not recommend Singapore Airlines to anyone - I've gotten better service from the budget airlines.

The agent was worthless - basically kept re-reading an email she had from the head office.

Singapore Airlines — damaged baggage

I arrived in Sydney on 5th of May from Singapore by the flight SQ 211. Discovered one luggage damaged after...

Sydney

Singapore Airlinesunethical behavior to disabled wheelchair passengers by airport staff.

On 02Aug18. my sister aged 72yrs. and i aged 70yrs. checked in at melbourne airport traveling to singapore on flight sq 238 and mel. to hyd on flight 474.
                                i have a sight impairment and physical disability and my sister has a severe physical disability requiring a leg brace. both passengers had confirmed wheelchair assistance.
                                after checking in at mel, staff assigned to assist wheelchair passengers were rude questioning passengers as to why they needed wheelchairs and made some passengers walk. my sister and i were taken by wheelchair only up to security check-in and told to walk the rest of the way to the aircraft. after security check-in other staff noticed us struggling to walk, came to our assistance, got us wheelchairs and took us to the aircraft.
                                on arrival at Singapore we were loaded onto a buggy with great difficulty and taken to a service room. to continue our journey we were made to stand outside the service room for a long time and wait for the buggy to pick us up, with wheelchairs and attendants standing around doing nothing. same difficulty was endured getting on the buggy, same as mel left at security check-in and told to walk to the aircraft doubting and questioning my disability, only after insisting we were taking by wheelchair to board our flight. cabin crew were excellent through out our journey, polite, attentive and very helpful and we thank them very much for their compassion and excellent service.

• Ne
                                    Neev Khar Aug 09, 2018

Shame on you SIA - this is purely a racist bias against Indians.

Singapore AirlinesAtrocities i went through at Delhi airport due to ground staff incompetence

I was booked on SQ403 on 2/8/2018 back to SG. Flt dep time was 2155, so i arrived at the airport and queued up at the check in counter since 1930. I was bounced to 4 different counters to readjust my baggage 4 times in public which was already humiliating enough.

At 2100 i requested that i would want to be attended to by a superior when the duty officer Nitin came to me and offered me a solution because he needed to close the flight system for dep. After his adjustment the counter staff still insisted that i reshuffle my luggage. That was the time when i really gave up. I am travelling on a holiday and was extremely tired from the road travels in India.

Nitin said he will get the flt to depart and come back to attend to me. He promised me that he will get the reservations to book me on the 4Aug2018 sq403 but i would have to call the Delhi reservations hotline to confirm the booking .

On the 3aug2018 i had called the reaervations office a number of times but it just goes on hold followed by a complete silence . I did not get to speak to anyone with regards to my booking. I called Nitin again and he said it should not be the case and told me to call them again on 4aug2018 which is tomorrow.

I am a singaporean / foreigner in India and i do not have any permanent accomodation so due to their incompetent level of pax handling, i now have to book my own accomodation and pay for my cabs and still be stuck in this position where i do not have an idea if i am on the flight as yet.

"SIA a great way to fly & warm asian hospitality" this slogan totally does not fit in to what i went through. It is with the saddest heart i am writing that there is no proper system of their operations here on ground. When i requested to speak to the station manager, i was just brushed off by them saying that he is not around. I am totally devastated by such behaviour and am really thinking of approaching the singapore embassy in delhi for help.

While i was waiting to check in, i saw other countera where people had different number of cabin baggage in all sizes and shapes not following their required weight and aize but they all checked in smoothly. Me being alone in a foreign land, have to go through this unethical behaviour from my own country airline and their appointed staff here is probably the worst i have ever been through.