Singapore Airlines Logo

Singapore Airlines

Having problems with Singapore Airlines?

Singapore Airlines Customer Service Contacts

1800 742 3333 (United States)
131 011 (Australia)
800 808 909 (New Zealand)
+65 62 238 888 (Singapore)
+44 844 800 2380 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 710 722 (Ireland)
+43 15 134 655 (Austria)
+31 205 488 888 (Netherlands)
+49 697 195 200 (Germany)
+41 442 186 161 (Switzerland)
+852 25 202 233 (Hong Kong)
+63 27 568 888 (Philippines)
+27 216 740 601 (South Africa)
+82 27 551 226 (South Korea)
+66 23 536 000 (Thailand)
Airline House, 25 Airline Road

PO Box 4290, Auckland CBD, Auckland

Denmark
Grønnegade 3, 1st Floor, 1107 Copenhagen K, Denmark

China
Unit 4303, 43rd Floor, Beijing Yin Tai Center Tower C, № 2 Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue, Beijing 100022, China

Hong Kong

3rd Floor, Sanclare Building, 21 Dreyer Street, Claremont, Cape Town

South Korea
16F, OCI Bldg, 94 Sogong-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea, 04532

Thailand
31st Floor, Sathorn Square Office Tower, 98 North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Singapore Airlines Customer Service. Initial Singapore Airlines complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Singapore Airlines above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Singapore Airlines. Discuss the issues you have had with Singapore Airlines and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Singapore Airlines Complaints & Reviews

Singapore Airlinescabin crew service

Dear PIC,

I'm a passenger [protected] krissflyer member (ex PPS member)
When I travel from Seoul to Singapore on 21/3/19 by SQ 609 time 04:05pm, seat no 70C, 70B, 69B and C is my family members
I'm very disappointed with the service by your crew member, when they started to distribute the snack they forget to serve us, we got to request for it
When they started serving Dinner, they even forget to serve us water, coffee or tea ( forget to ask too)
We ask for it and yet they forget again!
We only have our beverage when they start clearing other ppl food tray !
Is kind of disappointed wt the service standard ( FYI we r 2 adults, one 7 yrs old and 12 yrs old girl on this flight)
Thank you !

Singapore Airlineschange of aircraft, now 11 hours delay in singapore airport

Booked 2 premium economy plus extra legroom 6 months ago now get a email stating change of aircraft so we have been moved from premium economy with extra legroom to economy but we will receive a refund for the extra legroom that we paid for but not for the extra money we paid for premium economy??? Rang and was advised that the aircraft that was changed to didn't have premium economy ...even though the internet stated differently. If we wanted premium economy the next flight we had to wait in Singapore airport for 11 hours. Absolutely rude to expect people who have paid extra for premium economy to just go in economy and not receive a refund. I argued for weeks and finally have received accom in the airport for 6 hours but we still have 5 more hours to wait. For total inconvenience we should have at least been given access to the lounge as this was no fault of our own and why should we be out of pocket for anything. Extremely poor customer service from Singapore Airlines and will never ever fly with them again. Absolutely disgusting and I have and will continue to tell everyone to avoid flying with them.

Singapore Airlinesmishandling of fragile item

SQ5089 CEB-SIN March 13, 2019 1500hrs
      SQ0255 SIN-BNE March 14, 2019 0045hrs

When we checked-in our parcel at Cebu airport, we have notified the desk that the package was a vase and reminded them to put more fragile stickers. We weren't asked to sign any waiver in case of property damage and they accepted the package as is. Upon receipt of our parcel from the bag claim area, we can feel/hear broken pieces of the vase inside the packaging. Then we saw a blank waiver form attached to the parcel. We have approached a staff and was advised that she'll forward the complaint and will advise us of any update. She then later on said the claim had been denied. We would like somebody to be liable for the damage. Our property's packaging was durable enough, we have caged it, and stuck our own 'fragile/this way up" stickers plus the airline's stickers. The condition of the vase was unbelievable. You can tell it had been dropped from a decent level by the way it had broken into pieces. Clearly, there was a neglect of duty to handle fragile items. We expected a much more proper handling and service than what we got.

Singapore Airlinesrescheduling

I am traveling with my family
        Himanshu DAWAR
        Manpreet DAWAR
        Rajveer Singh DAWAR
        Dhruvika DAWAR

16th May 2019 Delhi -singapore
        16th May 2019 Singapore-phuket
        24th May 2019 Phuket-singapore
        24th May 2019 Singapore-delhi

I am a very loyal customer with Singapore airlines and I have traveled lot of times with this airline.
        Pls find attached medical certificate by doctors which clearly mentions I have a serious back problem (slip disc) therefore I have been advised by doctor to not travel for the next six months. Hence I would like to postpone my tickets to a later date in August with no extra cost. If that is not possible then kindly refund my tickets in full or allow me to make a new ticket for some other sector..I'll be highly obliged.i have asked the middleman Goibibo to help me but they didn't as they blamed everything on Singapore airlines.

You can appreciate this is a medical issue and not any random reason for postponement of tickets. I would want you to honour your brand name and do the right thing here.

Awaiting your revert.

• Ib
            Ibibo Apr 01, 2019

Dear Himanshu DAWAR,

Greetings from Goibibo.com

We are resolving this case, as we have not heard from you after the details requested.

Further, please note that Goibibo has dedicated customer support line 24*7 on the contact numbers shared below, along with CHAT support option available under the "HELP" section on Goibibo mobile APP:

Within India: [protected] / [protected], Calling From Abroad: +91-[protected].
            You may connect with Goibibo ASAP to assist you further.

Assuring you best of our services.

Regards,
            Team Goibibo

• Ib
            Ibibo Mar 28, 2019

Dear Himanshu DAWAR,

Greetings from Goibibo.com

We are sorry to read about the issue.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We tried to pull up your booking details with the information you shared, however, we could not find the booking id/transaction details you are referring to.

We request you to share the BOOKING ID/Payment ID along with e-mail address and contact number used at the time of booking, to check and validate the incident.

Within India: [protected] / [protected], Calling From Abroad: +91-[protected].
            You may connect with Goibibo ASAP to assist you further.

Assuring you best of our services.

Regards,
            Team Goibibo

Singapore Airlinesmishandling of fragile parcel

SQ5089 CEB-SIN March 13, 2019 1500hrs
          SQ0255 SIN-BNE March 14, 2019 0045hrs

When we checked-in our parcel at Cebu airport, we have notified the desk that the package was a vase and reminded them to put more fragile stickers. We weren't asked to sign any waiver in case of property damage and they accepted the package as is. Upon receipt of our parcel from the bag claim area, we can feel/hear broken pieces of the vase inside the packaging. Then we saw a blank waiver form attached to the parcel. We have approached a staff and was advised that she'll forward the complaint and will advise us of any update. She then later on said the claim had been denied. We would like somebody to be liable for the damage. Our property's packaging was durable enough, we have caged it, and stuck our own 'fragile/this way up" stickers plus the airline's stickers. The condition of the vase was unbelievable. You can tell it had been dropped from a decent level by the way it had broken into pieces. We expected a much more proper handling and service than what we got.

mishandling of fragile parcel

Singapore Airlinesdisruption to air travel, delayed luggage, damaged and missing items from luggage.

Arrived in Queenstown NZ on 30/1/2019. Luggage was left in Brisbane. Received it 2 days later.
            Departing Queenstown on 8th March 2019 Flight delayed as diverted to Christchurch. Eventually boarded flight SQ 6385 for Melbourne only to be informed just before take off that we would have to disembark as no fuel.
            After another long wait we were transferred to Flight SQ288 Sydney to Singapore via Canberra. We were asked to disembark in Canberra while aircraft was refuelled. This involved another delay of 60 mins.
            Following our arrival in Singapore we then boarded Flight SQ308 to London and from there we travelled to Edinburgh having missed all of our scheduled connections due to the changes.
            We arrived in Edinburgh 6 hours and 45 minutes later than we would have if we had not encountered these disruptions to our travel itinerary.

We then discovered that our luggage had not arrived with us and there followed all the bother of contacting airport staff to inform them. One bag was delivered on the 10th March and the second finally arrived on the 14th March. Items such as a bottle of perfume and silver earrings were missing and a gift of a photo frame which had been carefully packed was completely shattered and frame broken.

We had paid in order to book our seats on all the flights but had to just take what was left. Also I had informed Singapore Airlines that I had a seafood allergy and on the flight back had to go without a meal as the only seafood alternative had all gone.

This was a special golden wedding anniversary trip for us and we feel really upset that it ended this way.

Singapore Airlinesstewardess's response to a problem

I was on a flight in October 2018 from Mumbai to Singapore and than on to Los Angeles. On the way over no problem what so ever, I had paid an extra 1300 dollars for exra leg room and requested an aisle seat. On the return, I boarded the plane and took my aisle seat, there were two seats, and a man sat by the window and started to masterbate, I tried to tell the stewardess and she said she was busy, finally she came and I tried to explain without being so obvious, and she didn't understand the situation at all. I was moved to a middle seat, if I had wanted a middle seat I wouldn't have paid the extra money.
              I wanted Singapore airlines to refund half of the additional cost, also if I had my phone I should have made video of it, it was worse than many things you see posted, and even making the news .

Nothing has been done after three calls to Singapore airlines customer service, they have all the information.

Singapore Airlinespoor disclosure and terrible service

We booked a flight to SIN on Singapore Airlines (SA) in economy class from LAX for 11/2018. A few days before we departed, we received an email from them encouraging us to bid on an upgrade to economy plus. Even indicated what was a "low" bid with less chance of getting the upgrade, so we paid a higher bid that gave us a "fair" chance. Shortly before our flight we received an email that we were approved and could book our seats. We immediately went to the seat selections and found only 4 seats available, none together or even close. We called SA but they said there was nothing available and our prior seats in economy were now taken. We again asked at the counter when we checked in but same answer - no seats available. We are in our 70's and had to sit rows apart on different sides of the aircraft for this very long flight. One of the seats was in the last row of economy plus and was so cramped it was very difficult to get in and out to use the restroom. We suffered. When we returned home, we found out SA would not even give miles for the flight since it was initially booked in economy. We requested our money back as we felt taken and deceived with the charge, lack of disclosure, and the unacceptable and poor quality service provided. They said "no", terms and conditions protect them. Beware of SA's offers as they may not be what you expect, especially for an airline that touts their reputation. We were extremely disappointed in their offer, service, and response! First and last time we will fly with them.

Singapore Airlinescomplaint

As you can see from the confirmation numbers bellow this has to do with two tickets
                  I booked singapore airlines to go to sydney with my daughter who will be going to the university of sydney
                  I could have booked any other airline but we decided to take singapore air for the stopover

After I booked the flights I called about the stopover and I was told that I had to be in singapore for more than 24 hours to be eligible
                  I then called expedia payed the fine and the fare difference on both tickets so as to have the stopover
                  This happened on the 5th of february
                  I payed and changed our tickets so as to be eligible

Since then I have been calling the toll free number whilei was in canada trying to book the stopover but I have gotten nowhere
                  Now after I payed even more to do the change
                  I was told that there are two bookings so we cannot do the stopover!!!

Offcourse there are two bookings I am there for a week but my daughter will be studying so obviously there are different returns

I then called the london number, by that time I was in greece, to be told that someone who knows more about this from the right team would call me back but not only no one did I was told that there is no record ofthis

Then I tried the german office only to betold that I was too late for the stopover!!!
                  Then I tried the greek office

I have payed extra for the sydney flight because of the stopover singapore states on the site
                  I did everything correctly and I have been trying to communicate and get responses from 4 different offices
                  I payed the fare difference respected the penalty for what??
                  I payed to call all theeuropean offices asit is not toll free numbers not to get any help

This behavior is totally unacceptable for singapore airlines

I wasn't asking for something I was not eligible for nor was the hotel free I just wanted what was advertised

On one phone call which off course was not toll free the european one the agent and I had even discussed 3 choices of hotels and she was going to call me back with availabilities
                  But no one called

And when I called back to remind them that my trip is almost here they said they would callback only to send an email saying that now the 72 hours were passed

Unbelievable
                  Needless to say that we did not deserve such behavior

We were not asking for something extra just the stopover which was the reason to take singapore airlines

It was nerve wrecking till the end
                  To be treated like that

So when singapore air wanted more money I changed my tickets and then nothing
                  I want to know why

And I want to be refunded for the fare change and penalty since singapore did not follow through with what we were told and promised

I also want to pay the stopover price for my hotel which I did on my own and my airport transfers

If that wasnt enough on the 17th singapore could not find my flight since I had cancelled the 16 and changed it to the 17th
                  They had thought I was ano show and cancelled the rest ofthe leg of my trip so this just added on to the whole frustration while I had checked in from the 12th
                  That was settled as it should have been but it took the whole time and just added on to the whole frustration

I truly did not expect any of this when I decided to book singapore air
                  It was very disappointing for us and not at all what we had in mind when we chose to do this

I am waiting for your reply
                  Best,
                  Demetra tzevelekos

Singapore Airlinesdrunken passengers

Just travelled to Sydney from Singapore this morning (21/2/19) on flight SQ221. We travelled Premium Economy and were in seats 34H and 34K.
                    Unfortunately we had two passengers sitting behind that really shouldn't have been allowed on the flight as they were fairly drunk on arrival and continued to drink their duty free alcohol for the duration of the flight.
                    We had no sleep and the smell of whisky pervaded our space.
                    This is not satisfactory and we feel really let down by this.
                    Not looking forward to travelling home in case we encounter similar problems and the staff do nothing about it!!
                    What can you do to recompense us

Caroline Dixon

Singapore Airlinesinflight condition

Dear Sirs,

I took a SQ flight from Singapore to Taiwan on 13 February (SQ 878) 2019.

This is one of the worst flight I have ever experience with Singapore Airline. The flight was running full & to my dismay, 2 of the lavatories located at the back of the aircraft were unavailable due to maintenance.

For a world class airline like SQ, this is unimaginable! How could SQ arrange for an aircraft with the basic facility not available on a full flight especially when it is not a short haul? To add to this, even the kris world is not properly maintained & because one of the passengers asked to reset hers, resulting in the unavailability for all... it took almost a good 15 mins before it became available again.

These episodes had set me wondering if the standard of SQ has been compromised?

Regards
                      Jasmine

Singapore AirlinesLate flight injury

We sent a complaint 7 months ago with no response
                        Our flight was late in from Phuket to Singapore, so one of your beautiful staff rushed us to our connecting flight to Brisbane, we had to run for at least 20 minutes, in the process of this adventure my husband fractured his foot by tripping over, now we were all looked after by your concerned team member
                        Now your attendant explained to us if we contact SingaporeAir we would be up graded on our next SingaporeAir adventure well guess what no response which is very upsetting as we thought you care and respect your customers
                        Thank you so much, I hope, can't wait to here from you
                        ShellyForsman 😀

Feb 02, 2019

Singapore Airlines — not letting me board the flight

Hi, I want to lodge a complaint against Singapore airline. I booked a return flight from Melbourne to Delhi...

Jan 29, 2019

Singapore Airlines — supervisor name gant

I was asking for a full refund as currently my family is undergo bad relationship and may lead to divorce...

Jan 26, 2019

Singapore Airlines — meal service on board

Morning, I'm writing this complaint about the return flight from Singapore to Perth that happened to me and...

Jan 20, 2019

Singapore Airlines — meal and samsonite luggage damaged

Dear Sir/Mdm, I would like to get an answer for my compliant on 3 Nov 2018 when I traveled to Sydney with...

Jan 11, 2019

Singapore Airlines — delayed luggage

I am writing to you regarding the flight SQ235. The flight was schedulded to depart from Singapore Changi to...

Jan 10, 2019

Singapore Airlines — damaged baggage/souvenir

Hey, this is Roilo Den, im complaining about my baggage/Souvenir item (Titanic Replica/Wooden Model) which in...

Jan 08, 2019

Singapore Airlines — Complaints process and services - ref: acc, australia. Fair, trade australia commbank australia

URGENT COMPLAINT _ ATTENTION management . URGENTLY need to know why Singapore Airlines are trying to charge...

Singapore Airlinesbooked flight not received

I purchased seven flights with Singapore Airlines, with some flights transferred to code share with other airlines by SA. Within these bookings I was unable to board one of the flights due to the booking not being recognised, though I had ticket confirmation from SA.
                          The flight was departing NZ Christchurch airport on the 6th March 2018, with SA using a code share with Air New Zealand. After a long protracted time period of not being able to book-in, it became apparent my booking reservation was no longer within the ANZ system. SA had cancelled it with ANZ on the 1st March. There was no communication confirming why they cancelled, or alternative flight arrangement being made.
                          It was left to myself to find a new flight, where I booked two seats on a similar flight the following day, directly through Air New Zealand. The lack of support by S A was appalling customer service, when my booking was through their airline. I spent seven hours on the phone to SA on the 6th March with no resolution or support.
                          To-date I'm trying to resolve the episode of not receiving a flight I paid for but did not receive, with a current ineptitude attitude within SA.
                          Then on the 6th December I receive a very discourteous email from SA just stating "Hope you are well, I am contacting you again in response to your last reply. As we have given the matter our full attention, we feel that there is nothing further to add to what has already been shared with you. Therefore, we will not be corresponding any further on this matter." With no back up to their internal review, as requested, providing evidence SA had taken appropriate action and implement due diligence to ensure I received the service I had paid for. I take this as disrespectful and incongruous when trying to respectfully resolve a totally unacceptable experience of booking flights with S A.
                          I sincerely awaited a response that re-addressed my customer expectations of an airline that claims to give unrivalled customer service. With a clear mission statement "Singapore Airlines is a global company dedicated to providing air transportation services of the highest quality and to maximising returns for the benefit of its shareholders and employees". Plus vision statements; quality services to customers clearly stated and the company's fundamental objective and aspiration which project world-class customer service as a commitment. With my experience on this occasion, S A have not just delivered an abominable service but to compound it with denial and unsympathetic after customer service recognition, absolutely astounds me.
                          Is my experience indicative of a new budget airline approach to customer service by SA? I'm sharing this experience, enabling people to be conscious of the possible service you will now receive from SA. Premium price structure with budget approach to consumers.

• Complainant20091 Jan 09, 2019

Nobody is interested in your personal experience.
                              As the world civil aviation transfers millions of passenger every day.