Silverleaf is a terrible company. They lie consistently, beginning from where you spin the wheel at the fair to the session with the counselor.
Here is a list of problems we had with Silverleaf:
1. At the fair, the salesman said we would receive $100 gift card to places like Red Lobster/Applebess - the restaurant.com "gift certificates" we received after the presentation were COUPONS. They only offer a discount because you have to spend a minimum amount and you can only use one coupon PER VISIT PER MONTH and they only let you print them out in increments of $5/10/15/15 amounts. Not how the salesman insinuated at all. (DISHONEST ON PURPOSE)
2. The salesman at the fair claimed the trips are free just requiring a $100 deposit which goes towards your taxes/fees and that the company would fly us from any airport that Southwest flew from to the Miami port for the cruise. We were told by the gentleman at the resort after our presentation that this was not true. So we will have to drive 5 hours to get to a port in Texas for a cruise if that's the route we want to pursue. The taxes on the cruise ship they told us afterwards are about $139/person. (DISHONEST ON PURPOSE)
3. An appointment time should be upheld no matter what by a company, other wise it looks very bad on the company. We arrived for our 2:00 p.m. appt. at 1:15 p.m. and they didn't come get us until 2:45 p.m. We were told we were only obligated to listen to 90 minutes worth. We tried cutting them off after about 4:45 p.m. because we had to drive back 2 hours and they still proceeded to send over two managers on two separate occasions to try and sale us a "timeshare." (NO RESPECT FOR CONSUMER'S TIME)
4. The $40 prepaid card they give back to you has to be used a specific way most places. We attempted to use it at a restaurant yesterday after the "coupon" we tried to use had stipulations attached to it and it was declined when I told her it had $40 on it and that's how she tried to run it. Apparently after talking with the prepaid card customer service on the phone, I found out they automatically attach 20% when used at a restaurant to cover gratuity, which the restaurants are unaware of, so the maximum you can tell them would $40 -20% at a restaurant. The bad news is that the money disappeared from the card and takes 31 days to be loaded back on there IF WHAT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP ON THE PHONE TOLD ME WAS TRUE. That is yet to be determined. Would it be so hard to just credit the $40 back onto our credit cards? (LACK OF COMMUNICATION FROM ALL OF SILVERLEAF ON HOW THE CARD WORKS)
5. The counselors try to make all kinds of unnecessary small talk so they can find out what you like to sale you on a vacation there. They ask you SEVERAL questions regarding your previous vacations to try and show you how much you spend in a year on your vacations. Then, they try to show you much cheaper their resorts are. HOWEVER, the questions are manipulated, so if you're not bright you may miss what they're doing. When they ask about your vacations and how much they cost, they ask you think about ALL costs including meals, travel, airfare, ect... When they reference how much a resort costs (AT THE VERY END I might add) they do no include these costs. The cost differences are not what they seem. (MISLEADING)
6. The counselor tries to sale us on a trip to anywhere in the world through their RCI program for only $219. Please think outside the box and realize you will have to pay taxes, fees, and AIRFARE. So when she tells you that a trip to Israel will only cost you $219, this is misleading the consumer. Airfare alone (which they will give you a 20% discount after I brought it up, as well as a rental) will still costs you thousands. (MISLEADING)
7. Do not make the consumer repeat themselves more than once. They sent over two different managers two different times and they asked the same dumb questions as to what issues we had with the resort and what we liked best about it. It's just like being at a car dealership where they have a manager "lower" the price. Don't be deceived. (UNPROFESSIONAL and INSINCERE)
8. The room where they initially take you back when you arrive is like the NYSE where everyone is talking loudly and all in one room. It is very unprofessional and I imagine they do it on purpose for some reason. (UNPROFESSIONAL)
9. After we rejected the timeshare after the first manager finished speaking with us, she said she was sorry but would start to go get our gifts ready. This was a lie, she has nothing to do with the gifts. She was only going to get another manager to try to persuade us. To get your gifts they have NOTHING to do with it. They sent us to a building next door where all they do is process the gifts. (MISLEADING)
10. The Hill Country Resort was outdated.
Silverleaf - you will never be respected as a company if you continue to be dishonest, misleading and insincere with the consumers. The way you do business is disappointing.
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.