Shoprite — being made fun of
Recently while stopping in at ShopRite in Old Bridge NJ one evening after work I was verbally attacked in front of my wife and children by members of the night crew. The workers were standing in back by a meat case talking loudly and laughing, as I passed by I seen one of the workers eyeing my wife and baby daughter. This didn't bother me much as to I am used to it, but after we passed and was in an aisle I overheard one of them say loudly if they seen the "mongoloid" and they all broke out laughing. I heard the word repeted several times accompanied by much laughing and them accusing each other of being a mongoloid. I wanted to say something but my wife said to just let it be. You see it hurt me deeply because they were laughing at my 2 year old daughter who has Down Syndrome. I mean, I am used to the stares but the comments these workers made were totally inappropriate, mean spirited and hurtful. I promised my wife never to shop in ShopRite again. I asked a cashier their names while checking out and was told it was Marty and Todd. I wanted to call the owners and make a complaint but my wife said to let it be and I did.
More Shoprite Complaints & Reviews
- Shoprite - customer service
- Shoprite - ripped off
- Shoprite Supermarkets / Wakefern Corporation - online gift card purchase - not worth the trouble!
- Shoprite - poor customer service
- Shoprite - wrongful termination
- Shoprite Holdings - cash back request
- Shoprite Checkers Ennerdale - unhealthy shop
- Shoprite Checkers - jungle oats
- Shoprite - money market reset pin
- Shoprite Checkers - customer service - st john's liquor store