Shoprite Holdingsshoprite manager

P

I went to acornhoek shoprite store to buy dog food for my daughter's puppy and while paying for the food the manager was called to the till cause she was needed. She stared at me and finally told me that the reason she was staring is because she couldn't believe that I was buying food for a dog while there are people out there who needs food. She asked me if I didn't know any poor people in my area that I can buy food for instead of a dog. I asked her if she ever had a pet and she replied with a sarcastic no. And I responded that I don't blame her, she wouldn't know how to treat a dog. Although she apologized I still feel very offended. Shoprite please teach your staff on customer care.