Shoppers Drug Martunethical behaviour

Yesterday evening my sisters and I were out for dinner celebrating my completion of my nursing program. After dinner we decided to go to shoppers drug mart. It was around 9 pm that we pulled up to the front of the store. Before we had even entered the store the lady at the cash stared at us as we walked up to the doors. When we entered the store we had not been there two minutes before the girl at the makeup counter asked us if she could cash us out. We responded with "no" as none of us had anything in our hands and therefore nothing to "cash out". In moving around the store I noticed the lady from the cash following us in the aisles. She got the women in the back as well to come out and follow us through the aisles.
While I completely understand that theft does occur and it can be harmful to the business, it is extremely uncomfortable and insulting to be followed around the store. When I go in with my mother I do not get followed around like this. It was because I was with my two younger sisters.
Oddly enough this is not the first time this has happened to us. Four years ago the same thing happened except that time the cashier followed us out of the store and wrote down our licence plate number, or should I say my mother's licence plate number.
My sisters and I, as well as my parents, are going to be avoiding this business. I enjoy going to shoppers but my experience is ruined. I do not wish to be followed around a store and made to feel uncomfortable anymore. I am not sure what resolution will come of this complaint however I felt it necessary to submit one.