Shoppers AdvantageFree gas coupons

While buying another item on the phone, which had been advertised on TV, I was offerred $40 in free gasoline if I would try a 30 day free trial membership to SHOPPERS ADVANTAGE.

They send you 4 coupons for $10 each, one for each quarter of the year; i.e. January thru May. You can only collect the coupons during the appropriate quarter of the year. So unless you continue your membership you will never collect the $40 promised.

My membership happened to fall from the middle of June until the middle of July. So I sent in the first coupon for June and did receive a check for $10. When I sent in the second coupon for July, I received a letter that they couldn't pay me because I had "photocopied or duplicated" the rebate coupon, which of course I hadn't.

It's a TOTAL RIPOFF!!!

• Ad
    adventurous spirit Oct 21, 2018

I have been charged $16.99 on July 18th 2017. I cancelled my subscription to this company months ago and was to not be charged anything more. THIS IS THEFT. Not okay. I want my $16.99 back ASAP.

Jane Davis Apr 24, 2011

I still work there and usually give up sales because this is an unconsionable businesiness -- and warn EVERYONE not to get involved with this scam. GREAT FUND, SHOPPERS ADVANTAGE ARE NOTHING BUT SOURCES TO EXTRACT MONEY FROM YOUR ACCOUNT. This is a scam. They only want access to your bank account and will not cancel you. Your only recourse is to cancel your card number. NEVER GIVE YOUR CARD NUMBER TO A TELEMARKETER.