Shop NBCBuyer beware!

C

I purchased a tv from shop nbc when i received it was defective. I was told i will receive instructions in the mail on how to return the product. When i called Shop NBC to confirm the instruction i was giving different instruction to use a shipping company i was not familiar with netless to say 2months later my tv is sitting in the shippers warehouse in MN. Shop nbc says although i was giving the wrong information i should of follow the instruction that was mail to me. Now i have $500 storage fees And $400 shipping fees. I contacted everyone BBB DCA FTC and nothing. I even tried to go to small claims court but i cant file because they are in another state. This is such a sad story, who was it that said the customer is always right? I guess big company with large budgets can afford to take advantage of little people like me. I just want them to pay for the fees occurred due to their representative's mistake! But i guess i am on my own. So buyer beware, go to a reputable store and make any big purchases.