Menu
NBCUniversal
reviews & complaints

NBCUniversal
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

58 complaints
16 resolved 42 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of NBCUniversal. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
N
9:17 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The coverage of the 2010 Winter Olympics is terrible, as was the coverage of the Summer Olympics. We only see broken up bits of events, and have to endure more commentary than coverage of actual events. Nothing could be more insulting than to only be able to see less than one minute of the USA vs. Canada hockey game. Shame on NBC, and the terrible choices they continue to make during these Olympics.

7:58 am

NBCUniversal - You are late because you paid early

I bought a computer from Shop NBC that never made the standards. It was cheaply made and top shelf price. I accepted a credit card from them to buy it. Last month I paid my bill for what I thought was on time. A few days later I got a call from the company saying that I was late on my payment. I said "how could it be since I had paid my bill on 6/3/09 when the due date on the bill was actually 6/25/09." The response was the following "Sir, I am sorry to inform you that you are late on your payment due to the fact that you paid early. For that, you will incurr a $39 fee." No matter how hard I tried to resolve that issue I was unable to. So after I am done with this credit card it will be closed down and no more shopping from Shop NBC.

U
8:34 pm

NBCUniversal - Rebate Denied

On 5/10/09, I purchased the above Acer laptop computer through Shop NBC who also offered a $100.00 mail-in rebate. The rebate was good until 6/30/09. The merchandise arrived on 5/23/09.

When I went to apply for the rebate on 6/24/09, I found out the the time limit had expired! Evidently the rebate offer was NOT until 6/30/09, but was for 30 days from DATE OF PURCHASE.

This discrepancy in "when the 30 days starts' was never made clear. Due to their erroneous advertising, I feel that I am eligible and entitled to the $100.00 rebate. As a senior citizen, I cannot afford to throw away $100.00!

Please let me hear from you soon! Thank you for your assistance with this matter.

4:03 pm

NBCUniversal - Received an empty box

I ordered an Elgin watch from Shop NBC and had charged to my credit card. I received a package from Shop NBC. When I opened it, the watch box was EMPTY! That's right. I said EMPTY. When I called customer service I was asked if I would like to order another and pay for it again. Not hardly. They said they would investigate but wouldn't necessarily issue credit to my credit card. I should have checked them out first. This is a scam! BEWARE!

2 comments
Oct 20, 2009 6:46 pm

I had the same thing happen to me with an expensive watch and at about the same time it happend to you. I ordered a "Donna of the Rocks" diamond watch and when it arrived the invicta watch box was empty. I was horrified ! I have ordered through all the home shopping channels since the early 80's and NEVER had anything like this happen. I too had put it on my credit card of which shop NBC resolved the matter and refunded my charge card with in a week of the incident . SO YOU ROCK SHOP NBC !~Marilyn in Seattle

If the item shiped ups then they can check by weight... I am suprised they didnt tell u that they should ahve called while you were on the telephone... then they should have filled out a form and told u the investigation should take 10-14 business days... the they should have offered free shipping and refunded that to your acct and a disc...sorry hun good luck to you some ppl dont know good customer service and I can understand of being excited over the item! good luck please post and let me know what happens!

5:38 am

NBCUniversal - Fraud

Purchased this DXG web cam / camcorder from Shop NBC around Christmas. Both Shop NBC and DXG represented the product to be fully compatible with Windows Vista. It is not. Shop NBC has chosen to participate in the fraud thrust upon its customers by DXG. After several attempts Shop NBC continues to give me the run-around and refuses to refund the product upon return. Documentation: DXG represents at the Shop NBC website that the product requires Windows Vista (one of the System Requirements) and represents that the unit is fully compatible with Windows Vista. At the DXG web site, DXG does not list Windows Vista as a system requirement and states within DXG tech reports that this DXG product is not compatible with Windows Vista; that DXG will never create a driver for the product to make it compatible with Windows Vista and that DXG does not claim or represent that the product is compatible with Windows Vista.

Both Shop NBC and DXG have committed fraudulent misrepresentation of the product and after full disclosure to Shop NBC - Shop NBC refuses to refund the purchase price upon return. Both Shop NBC and DXG should be investigated by the appropriate Dept. of the Federal Government and both Federal and State Consumer Protection Agencies and be required to refund all customers who find the product incompatible with their computers running Windows Vista, and both Shop NBC and DXG should be fined heavily for greedily committing the crime of theft upon Shop NBC customers by fraudulently misrepresenting the product and stealing customers monies. Since the theft of monies by both Shop NBC and DXG crosses state lines then the Feds should become involved since this theft from US Citizens involves Interstate Commerce.

Americans are tired of greedy money mongers fraudulently misrepresenting products and stealing their hard-earned monies. I urge all Federal and State Agencies involved with Consumer Protection to involve themselves in this matter. Thousands upon thousands of people potentially are the victims of the above and below-described fraudulent misrepresentation regarding the DXG-506V product - all who use Windows Vista operating systems.

All Documentation saved and available upon request to Federal and State Agencies.
A copy of this Documentation from the Shop NBC web site product description and the DXG USA aka DXG Technology USA web site follows:

* Please note that the DXG product information regarding Products Requirements (at last paragraph of Shop NBC description) posted at the Shop NBC web site includes Windows Vista.
* Please also note the tech report from DXG USA web site stating that the DXG-506V product is not and will never be made compatible with Windows Vista.
* Please note that the DXG product information regarding System Requirements posted at the DXG USA web site does not include WIndows Vista.
* Please note that Windows Vista is not listed as a System Requirement at the DXG USA web site but is listed as a Product Requirement at the Shop NBC web site thus leading consumers to believe the product to be fully compatible with Windows Vista as represented at the Shop NBC web site by both Shop NBC and DXG USA aka DXG Technology USA.

SHOP NBC WEB SITE DESCRIPTION OF PRODUCT: (located at www.ShopNBC.com)

DXG 506V 5.1MP Digital Camcorder & 1GB SD Card
The DXG-506V full-motion digital video camcorder is here to meet your needs, whatever they may be! This camcorder doesn't just capture elite video. A 5.1MP still camera and MP3 player are included in this incredibly compact design. You'll find it's perfectly sized to capture life's special moments anywhere you go.

The DXG comes with a number of features including TV Out and Direct Print capability, built-in flash, and a Macro mode. The video camera also can be used as a voice recorder and a webcam. Not only will you be able to film those magic moments, you'll also have more than enough space to save them with a Transcend 1GB SD card. Go anywhere and capture anything with the incredible DXG-506V camcorder!
Features A full 1GB of video memory included to capture those special moments! The DXG-506V is a full-motion digital video camera, 5.1MP still camera, and MP3 player in one compact design. Comes with a number of features including TV Out and Direct Print capability, built-in flash, and a Macro mode. The video camera also can be used as a voice recorder and a webcam. Powered by four AAA batteries, this camcorder is always easy to have charged and ready to go wherever you are
Specifications
5.1MP 1/1.8" CMOS sensor 1.7" TFT display (480 x 220) Movie resolution: 640 x 480 pixels / 30 fps., 320 x 240 pixels / 30 fps (Max) Still image resolution: 1280 x 960, 2048 x 1536, 2592 x 1944, 4000 x 3000 (Firmware Interpolation) Lens: F3.0/8.0, f=8.25mm fixed focus lens with mechanical shutter Focus range: 4ft � infinity (Normal), 6.7 -7" (Macro) Digital zoom: 4X (movie), 10-30X (still) ISO sensitivity: ISO100 Video file format: MPEG-4, ASF, AVI, MOV Still image file format: JPEG (DPOF, EXIF) Internal memory: Built-in 32MB flash memory External memory types: SD/MMC card (supporting 1GB)
Includes
Transcend 1GB SD Card Four AAA batteries USB/AV cable Earphones Wrist strap Camera pouch CD-ROM (driver and application software) Software (Mr. Photo 3 and VideoWorks 6) User manual
Available in your choice of color: Black, Blue, Pink or Silver
Dimensions: 1.5"H x 3.5"D x 2.8"W
Weight: 4.8 oz.

Product requirements for use: Windows XP / 2000 / ME / Vista
32 Bit operating systems, Intel Pentium 500MHz or higher, 256MB RAM or higher, Standard USB 1.1 Port, 10MB free space or higher on hard disk drive, 4x speed or higher CD-ROM capabilities
Amount of video for recording affected by resolution, frame rate options and memory storage availability.
Warranty: One year warranty

________________________________________________________________

DXG USA aka DXG TECHOLOGY USA WEB SITE TECH RESPONSE REGARDING THE DXG-506V Product:

CAN THIS UNIT SUPPORT WINDOWS VISTA?

Thank you for contacting DXG USA. I appreciate your time and patience as I assist you in this matter. Your comments, questions, and correspondence are valuable for me to continue improving my level of service. I will be glad to assist you with your request.

The DXG-506V is not advertised to support Windows Vista. Therefore, the software and driver that come in the package are not compatible with Windows Vista. Furthermore, we will not be releasing a new driver for that unit.

What this means (if you are using Vista):

1. You cannot use the software.
2. You cannot use the webcam function.
3. You CAN connect the camera to the computer and transfer files.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at (626) 839-6528 extension 192. Our office hours are Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:30pm PST.

Best Regards,

DXG USA

DXG USA aka DXG TECHOLOGY USA WEB SITE REGARDING THE SYSTEM REQUIRMENTS for the DXG-506V Product:
(Listed as Product Requirements at SHOP NBC web site as noted above)

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

OS Windows XP / 2000 / ME / 98SE

8:53 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been a loyal customer for years and have purchased thousands and thousands of dollars of watches from them, but never again!!!. I have bought items in a single payment and some using value pay. Shop NBC called me 6 months ago saying that they could not charge my card for the scheduled value pay. It was a simple exp issue I corrected the credit card...

B
10:49 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After 3 hours of futile online attempts to change a pending DVD order that is back ordered, I finally called NBC at Rockefeller Center, NYC, and was passed through three different departments. I finally landed at the Information Desk & Tours Desk where a pleasant young lady gave me the seemingly "coveted" Toll-free number to NBC Universal Store Online...

T
2:21 pm

NBCUniversal - Cursing on phone

this women call my house. which I have on tape. from 1-954-970-0393 nbc. and said her***** And when I asked her a-Q
she stared cursing & speaking in a unprofession manner to. what was a potential client. so I advise any one who see this
watch the number (954-970-0393) because I have the so call woman name.

TRB

5 comments
Sep 28, 2010 11:19 am

I was sick in April and was out of town, I contacted NBC HEALTH and they told me they had a contract with Dr.'s Walk In Clinic in Clearwater, FL., they told me all I had to pay was the $35.00 fee. This is the second time I was told by them they would pay a dr and bill and I have been stuck with the whole thing.

Has anyone filed a law suit against this comany for Fraud?

Nov 19, 2009 10:24 am

My mother signed up to what she thought was life insurance via telephone. The representative, Gary Heler @ [protected] ext 337, called and asked" are you looking for health care"? When asked he assured her it was life insurance and that she would be covered as long as she made the payment by check with him(which included an entry fee and first month payment of $259.85. He promised they would be sending a package for her to look it over with all the necessary info she would need. Well, once that package arrived, I looked through it to help her find her doctors under the coverage. It was then I saw on the last line at the bottom of the "Dear Member" letter that it states, 'This Is Not Health Insurance". My mother specifically asked for it and nothing else!
I have called them with her present on speakerphone and demanded her full refund. At first, Tashiba, tried to talk us out of it and said to hold on to it until we find coverage and after I insited she said we wouldn't get it back anyway which is when I demanded to speak to her manager. When the manager got on the phone, I made it very clear that it took a full week and half to get the paperwork and review the package. I made it also very clear she didn't use any of the services whatsoever and will not do so especially since she was misled by her staff since they were not an insurance agency. Now the manager had a major attitude and kept telling me that my mom confirmed her request via phone prompt with the agent and that she could replay it for me. I told her that a recording can be altered and that if preferred they can play it in court after I file a complaint through our attorneys. She became belligerent so I informed her that our conversation was being recorded with myself and mother present since our call was surely recorded. I demanded full refund and hung up on her since she wasn't the most intellectual people to engage in any conversation with.
So the following day my mother received a phone call from a Wendy Tao, who claims she heard about the phone call we had the other day. She wanted to ask her about what happened. When she finished telling her what happened she made it clear that when she was going through the prompts with the agent on the phone for verification that he had to stop and restart the process numerous times because the questions were unclear! She said, "really"? and then said she'd call back. We are still waiting!
Stay away from these crooks.

I think the most important rule is:
NEVER SEND MONEY UNTIL YOU CAN REVIEW ALL THE DOCUMENTS AND INFO IN PERSON. IF YOU HAVE FRIENDS OR FAMILY WHO SOME LEGAL BACKGROUND AND YOU CAN TRUST THE TO LOOK IT OVER FOR YOU, PLEASE DO SO.
These guys know exactly how to work these schemes not mention et over seniors or foreigners.

Jun 08, 2009 4:01 pm

I canceled my policy on May 15th but on May 29th the company took about a premium for June. When I called they said they don't refund money and that I am covered until June. This is a big problem because my husband lost his job and I was counting on using the money from the premium for groceries.

May 08, 2009 3:49 pm

They call my cell phone all day and night. They are nothing more than a rip off company and I believe we should shut people like this down. Crooks

T
Mar 22, 2009 12:25 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have a pre exisiting and was having problems getting health insurance then one day i get a call from these scam artist of NBC Health I have submitted claim after claim and they refuse to pay anything they also stole money from my fiance' s credit card and refused to refund the money...They told me if I wasn't satisfied with their services I would gat a 100 per cent refund I am still fighting them over that ...My sugestion is hang up on them and DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CREDIT CARD OR ANY OTHER METHOD OF PAYMENT BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY CAN USE YOUR CREDIT CARD ANYTIME THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO MY MEMBER ID NUMBER IS OR WAS ...GTNHO75409

2:00 pm

NBCUniversal - Inappropriate

I am outraged at what I heard on Saturday Night Live on 18 October 08. I sure hope that Shawn Hornbeck and Ben Ownby and/or their families and any other person and/or their family that has been abused by a sexual predator wasn't watching the show. They made a "JOKE" about sexual predator's and Halloween; something to the fact that kids could come to their doors if "they could keep a secret". In no way is this funny; especially to the victims and families that when through hell with sexual predators. It goes over the line of what is acceptableand moral. I think that the Executive Producer of Saturday Night Live, Lorne Michaels, should be made accountable for this.

Requesting that people contact their local t.v. station that NBC is a part of and file a complaint. If enough people complain, then hopefully they will think twice before thinking that sexual predator jokes are acceptable. NBC should not condone such vileness.

L
9:29 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

NBC Group LLC charged my checking account without my permission in the amount of $39.95. I do not even know who this company is. I demand that the money be refunded to me! You have bounced my account! Lenee Sharak

5:16 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Why does Wes and Pamela McCoy always host together? Can't they host separately? Don't they know how annoying it is that they're always together? They must find a way to host without each other... It's codependency at it's worst with them!

E
6:49 am

NBCUniversal - Fighting for my refund!

I have been fighting with NBC Universal Store since December! I ordered an in-stock shirt for a Christmas gift on Dec. 6, 2007, to be shipped on Dec. 10, 2007. Never received any word from them after my order confirmation e-mail, but when the item didn't appear by Dec. 21st, I checked the site and it showed backordered with no new shipping date. On Dec. 27th, I called and cancelled the order, still listed as backordered. The girl told me that if it arrived anyway, I should refuse delivery. When I asked why the item would be shipped if I was cancelling it, she said it sometimes happens! Sure enough, on Jan. 2nd, 2008, they shipped it and I refused delivery when it came. Since then there have been unanswered e-mails to customer service, and 5 phone calls to try to get my money back. So far, I have gotten the price of the t-shirt refunded but am still fighting for my shipping charges to be credited. Everyone I have spoken to (a different person with each call) has a new story about what's going on, including Sean who told me they don't accept cancellations on orders and thats why I hadn't gotten a refund! They all said that only supervisors could credit my account, and of course there is never a supervisor available. Thank gooodness I used Paypal, that seems to be the only thing that gets their interest when I call. It has been going on for almost 3 months. I will NEVER order anything from NBC again.

12:00 am

NBCUniversal - Scam and rip off!

I ordered a hoodie from their website before Thanksgiving. It was on backorder and due to ship 12/26/07. It never shipped, and I never received any updates from them about the status. I emailed their "customer service" three times; all three times I got an automated email saying I would have a real response in 24 hours, but there was no follow up. I even called their "customer service" number and was told that the phone people are completely different from the email system, and there is no way to actually file a customer service complaint. Here I am paying them for a product to basically wear and give them free advertising, and they can't even respond to a simple inquiry. Never shop from their site, ever.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We purchased a flat screen TV from shopnbc, setting up a "flexpay/creditcard" account with them. the limit on the card covered one payment per month. TV was delivered. from day one had trouble with the sound and constant rebooting of digital cable. We immediately contacted shopnbc about the possible defect with the TV. at this point, they were helpful. we...

12:00 am

NBCUniversal - Poor customer care service!

I placed an order 7 weeks ago. 2 items were promptly shipped to my PO Box...by FED-EX ! Some nimrod is shipping actually thinks FEDEX delivers to PO Boxes? They were returned and there they sit. The third item I was told would ship on July 31st. Come July 31st and magically it changes to 'backordered'. They had to know it wasn't available and should have said so from the start. These were SUPPOSE to be gifts. I had to run out last minute and find replacement gifts. Mistakes can and do happen but here's where it gets good! They have a "contact customer service' icon, what you get is a menu of possible complaints and after selecting the one that best fits, you get an automated response that is useless and NO CUSTOMER SERVICE at ALL! No phone number to call them at, NOTHING! I had to resort to making a complaint with my credit card company for a refund, filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and my state Attorney general's office. I'll bet it still wont improve their lack of customer service. They probably get so many complaints that they don't WANT you to have their phone number! AVOID NBC UNIVERSAL STORE online. Its a waste of your time and money.

2 comments
Jul 01, 2009 11:32 pm

I've had similar problems and will never order from NBC Universal Store again.

Jan 29, 2008 11:47 am

universal furniture store
My name Angela I am a disabled person so traveling is very difficult for me to keep going back and forth to universal furniture store to keep getting the run around over and over again as of july 6 2007 i purchase a dining room set wich includes table 6 chairs a china cabnit and a server which cost alot of money of which I don't have it was a gift from my friend this set cost 5,000 dollars and to this day I still doi not have all the peaces that I should have like the 2 chairs are missing the botom part of the china cABNIT WAS DAMMGAED and was suposed to be replace still not replaced and my server havenot gotten,I keep calling them and asking when all this will be taking care of and still getting the run around I have tried to be patent but thats running short i didnt have anything done for christmas and that was very depressing to me plz help me get this resolved and if anything out of all the trouble they put me through allthe stress and all I should get my set and some of my moneyu back or even all of it since me and my fiance spent well over 50,000 dollars on them and he is even having problems with them as well we had a problem with everything we bought from them and this is really anoying
my phone number is [protected]
or [protected]
my adres is 124 s tish dr avondale,la 70094

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a tv from shop nbc when i received it was defective. I was told i will receive instructions in the mail on how to return the product. When i called Shop NBC to confirm the instruction i was giving different instruction to use a shipping company i was not familiar with netless to say 2months later my tv is sitting in the shippers warehouse in MN...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear ComplaintsBoard.com, I am so upset, and discussed with the internet process of companies that defraud the consumers, such as myself. I have been paying for this insurance plan for months, with the primus that I would be discounted for hospital stay/bills/charges. When I had to be hospitalized, low and behold the hospital did not honor this plan so I...

B
12:00 am

NBCUniversal - Don't ever expect an exchange!

This is about the NBC Universal Store Online (NBCUniversalStore.com). I ordered two shirts and called them that I wanted to exchange them for different sizes. No Problem. I mailed them with insurance but then misplaced the receipt for the insurance. I have called at least once a week for the last three months! They were very courteous, but never sent my shirts.

Then I found the insurance receipt and found out that they had received the shirts three days after I mailed them, three months ago! I contacted them a week ago and they assured me that they would be sent out immediately! Still no shirts! If you order anything from them, just don't ever expect an exchange!

6 comments
Aug 15, 2019 3:52 am

I thought I was being "punked" when I saw ads for THE HUNT. WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A MOVIE LIKE THIS? Hollywood likes to act like it's the last word on morals. Actors against gun violence while making TONS OF MONEY on movies with GUNS and EXTREME VIOLENCE. Blaming Trump for words while their movies are "crap" SHAME ON YOU HYPOCRITES! SHAME, SHAME!

Aug 08, 2019 10:53 am

Actors in Hollywood cannot have it both ways. How hypocritical is it to say out of one side of your mouth that Tump is inciting violence while Hollywood turns out “crap” (I’m sorry only word that covers it) like THE HUNT. “You” all are laughing all the way to the bank. If you are going to make trash at least STOP taking the moral high ground. It makes “you” look stupid and hypocritical.

H
May 23, 2019 12:56 am

We don't have any real horror movie channels I'd like you guys to put one on direct TV why take a great channel off for people who love horror movies this isn't right for us horror movie fanatics to not be able to have a channel specifically of horror movies so please put a horror channel on direct TV so we can watch horror movies

Nov 13, 2018 12:03 am

Not only is Chuck Todd and his Sunday morning team appearing "anti-Trump", but also anti-American while concentrating on defending the media.
NBC needs to focus on greater issues other than their own agenda.

K
May 04, 2011 7:33 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I ordered the dundie trophey for a gift; it came in badly damaged. I returned it following the return instructions but never recieved a refund. I tried to corespond through e-mail with no responce and now I can not even get through on the customer service line. I get the feeling that I need to write this off as a loss.

Jul 01, 2009 11:30 pm

I've had a similar problem with NBC Universal Store. I ordered a Dunder Mifflin Robe in 2007, didn't receive it, and tried to find out where it was. I was given a FED EX number, but still no robe. Recently, I returned to trying to solve the problem and was told that they had a 30 day policy on returns. I know that I exceeded the 30 days, but I never received the item that I paid for. I went to the supervisor who suspiciously sounded like the same woman and got a memorized response. However, I was offered a 20% discount on my next purchase. Why would I do that? Buy something from a company that doesn't deliver. This is ridiculous.

NBCUniversal contacts