Having problems with NBCUniversal?

+1 818 840 4444 (Los Angeles, CA)
+1 201 735 2622 (Englewood Cliffs, NJ)
+1 818 777 1000 (Universal City, CA)
+1 203 356 7000 (Stamford, CT)
+1 786 585 7000 (Telemundo Center, Miami, FL)
+1 407 363 8000 (Orlando, FL)
+44 203 618 8000 (United Kingdom)
30 Rockefeller Plaza

United Kingdom
1 Central St. Giles, St. Giles High Street, London, WC2H 8NU

Complaints & Reviews

Scam and rip off!

I ordered a hoodie from their website before Thanksgiving. It was on backorder and due to ship 12/26/07. It never shipped, and I never received any updates from them about the status. I emailed their "customer service" three times; all three times I got an automated email saying I would have a real response in 24 hours, but there was no follow up. I even called their "customer service" number and was told that the phone people are completely different from the email system, and there is no way to actually file a customer service complaint. Here I am paying them for a product to basically wear and give them free advertising, and they can't even respond to a simple inquiry. Never shop from their site, ever.

Shady credit card collections!

We purchased a flat screen TV from shopnbc, setting up a "flexpay/creditcard" account with them. the limit on the card covered one payment per month. TV was delivered. from day one had trouble with the sound and constant rebooting of digital cable. We immediately contacted shopnbc about the possible defect with the TV. at this point, they were helpful. we also told the "customer service" person that we may send the TV back if not satisfied. they gave us authorization to have a local toshiba tech t0 make a house call.

In the meantime, we received a notice from shopnbc that our new "credit card" from shopnbc was DENIED because we never called to activate it. we stated we would not make a single payment until the TV actually worked. The problem was with our AT&T digital cable, got the TV problem all straightened out, and were, and still are, happy with the television.

BUT... while all this was going on, we started our battle with shopnbc to pay for the TV. several different reps called at several different times demanding several different amounts of payments due "immediately". trying to figure out what was going on with the flexpay, and getting them to actually send a statement showing the status of the account was a huge exercise in frustration and futility.

All this took place within a 2 WEEK PERIOD. then the numerous rude harassing phone calls began from a mystery collections agency, CPC, began. Shopnbc sold our "delinquent" account after only 2 weeks!!! During these 2 weeks, we tried several times to arrange payments like we agreed to at the time of sale. This CPC i called Mysterious" because they refuse to send a statement/invoice, have no address, and only will communicate by phone and fax. any out there think this is NOT shady? We are still dealing with this... shopnbc dead ends us every time we call, and refuse to give us any information about this CPC, this so-called "collections agency" that has all the earmarks of a scam from overseas.

Hell will freeze over before i by so much as an apple from shopnbc, and i tell everyone i know about it.

• Me
    melba barnes Dec 17, 2010

I ordered a Pamela McCoy jacket for a Christmas present...I RECIEVED THE WRONG ITEM WITH THE CORRECT ITEM NUMBER. THE COMPANY MESSED UP BIG TIME IN MY OPINION. I called customer service and they asked me if I wanted to place another order for the same item...I COULDNT BELIEVE IT!!! PISS POOR SERVICE- when i send the item back I will not get the jacket until after CHRISTMAS. PISS POOR SERVICE!!!

Poor customer care service!

I placed an order 7 weeks ago. 2 items were promptly shipped to my PO Box.....by FED-EX ! Some nimrod is shipping actually thinks FEDEX delivers to PO Boxes? They were returned and there they sit. The third item I was told would ship on July 31st. Come July 31st and magically it changes to 'backordered'. They had to know it wasn't available and should have said so from the start. These were SUPPOSE to be gifts. I had to run out last minute and find replacement gifts. Mistakes can and do happen but here's where it gets good! They have a "contact customer service' icon, what you get is a menu of possible complaints and after selecting the one that best fits, you get an automated response that is useless and NO CUSTOMER SERVICE at ALL!!! No phone number to call them at, NOTHING! I had to resort to making a complaint with my credit card company for a refund, filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and my state Attorney general's office. I'll bet it still wont improve their lack of customer service. They probably get so many complaints that they don't WANT you to have their phone number! AVOID NBC UNIVERSAL STORE online. Its a waste of your time and money.

Angela Burse Jan 29, 2008

universal furniture store
    My name Angela I am a disabled person so traveling is very difficult for me to keep going back and forth to universal furniture store to keep getting the run around over and over again as of july 6 2007 i purchase a dining room set wich includes table 6 chairs a china cabnit and a server which cost alot of money of which I don't have it was a gift from my friend this set cost 5,000 dollars and to this day I still doi not have all the peaces that I should have like the 2 chairs are missing the botom part of the china cABNIT WAS DAMMGAED and was suposed to be replace still not replaced and my server havenot gotten,I keep calling them and asking when all this will be taking care of and still getting the run around I have tried to be patent but thats running short i didnt have anything done for christmas and that was very depressing to me plz help me get this resolved and if anything out of all the trouble they put me through allthe stress and all I should get my set and some of my moneyu back or even all of it since me and my fiance spent well over 50,000 dollars on them and he is even having problems with them as well we had a problem with everything we bought from them and this is really anoying
    my phone number is (504)436-8966
    or (504)875-0609
    my adres is 124 s tish dr avondale,la 70094

Mark T Henry Jul 01, 2009

I've had similar problems and will never order from NBC Universal Store again.

Buyer beware!

I purchased a tv from shop nbc when i received it was defective. I was told i will receive instructions in the mail on how to return the product. When i called Shop NBC to confirm the instruction i was giving different instruction to use a shipping company i was not familiar with netless to say 2months later my tv is sitting in the shippers warehouse in MN. Shop nbc says although i was giving the wrong information i should of follow the instruction that was mail to me. Now i have $500 storage fees And $400 shipping fees. I contacted everyone BBB DCA FTC and nothing. I even tried to go to small claims court but i cant file because they are in another state. This is such a sad story, who was it that said the customer is always right? I guess big company with large budgets can afford to take advantage of little people like me. I just want them to pay for the fees occurred due to their representative's mistake! But i guess i am on my own. So buyer beware, go to a reputable store and make any big purchases.

Defraud the consumers! Scam!

Dear ComplaintsBoard.com, I am so upset, and discussed with the internet process of companies that defraud...

Don't ever expect an exchange!

This is about the NBC Universal Store Online (NBCUniversalStore.com). I ordered two shirts and called them that I wanted to exchange them for different sizes. No Problem. I mailed them with insurance but then misplaced the receipt for the insurance. I have called at least once a week for the last three months!! They were very courteous, but never sent my shirts.

Then I found the insurance receipt and found out that they had received the shirts three days after I mailed them, three months ago! I contacted them a week ago and they assured me that they would be sent out immediately!! Still no shirts!!! If you order anything from them, just don't ever expect an exchange!!!!

• Updated by AngelaC. · Aug 08, 2019

Actors in Hollywood cannot have it both ways. How hypocritical is it to say out of one side of your mouth that Tump is inciting violence while Hollywood turns out “crap” (I’m sorry only word that covers it) like THE HUNT. “You” all are laughing all the way to the bank. If you are going to make trash at least STOP taking the moral high ground. It makes “you” look stupid and hypocritical.

Mark T Henry Jul 01, 2009

I've had a similar problem with NBC Universal Store. I ordered a Dunder Mifflin Robe in 2007, didn't receive it, and tried to find out where it was. I was given a FED EX number, but still no robe. Recently, I returned to trying to solve the problem and was told that they had a 30 day policy on returns. I know that I exceeded the 30 days, but I never received the item that I paid for. I went to the supervisor who suspiciously sounded like the same woman and got a memorized response. However, I was offered a 20% discount on my next purchase. Why would I do that? Buy something from a company that doesn't deliver. This is ridiculous.

• Ke
    kelliott May 04, 2011

I ordered the dundie trophey for a gift; it came in badly damaged. I returned it following the return instructions but never recieved a refund. I tried to corespond through e-mail with no responce and now I can not even get through on the customer service line. I get the feeling that I need to write this off as a loss.

• Cm
    C M Knight Nov 13, 2018

Not only is Chuck Todd and his Sunday morning team appearing "anti-Trump", but also anti-American while concentrating on defending the media.
    NBC needs to focus on greater issues other than their own agenda.

• Ho
    Horror movie channel May 23, 2019

We don't have any real horror movie channels I'd like you guys to put one on direct TV why take a great channel off for people who love horror movies this isn't right for us horror movie fanatics to not be able to have a channel specifically of horror movies so please put a horror channel on direct TV so we can watch horror movies

AngelaC. Aug 15, 2019

I thought I was being "punked" when I saw ads for THE HUNT. WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A MOVIE LIKE THIS? Hollywood likes to act like it's the last word on morals. Actors against gun violence while making TONS OF MONEY on movies with GUNS and EXTREME VIOLENCE. Blaming Trump for words while their movies are "crap" SHAME ON YOU HYPOCRITES! SHAME, SHAME!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices