Menu
NBCUniversal
reviews & complaints

NBCUniversal
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

58 complaints
16 resolved 42 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of NBCUniversal. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
4:12 am

NBCUniversal - Olympic Medals coverage

For the past few Olympics the television stations (including NBC) have seemed to feel it not necessary to televise the medals ceremonies. Being a proud American I look forward to seeing the athletes getting their award for working so hard and showing the rest of the world how great we are! Unfortunately the television stations have chosen not to allow us to see that. I for one have lost interest in most of the Olympics as I'm sure many peoplke have which is why viewing is down so much. It used to be you could see the whole competition up to and including the medals ceremony but instead showing only the finals and no medals. Very disappointed and frustrated in this change. Why is it happening?

C
9:11 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I placed an order on November 30th 2015, for a t-shirt. The order came on time but was the wrong size, I attempted to submit an email to customer service which is what the shipping slip recommended and now it is going on 2 weeks without a response. I tried calling the only customer service number listed and I put on hold for 10 min and then the line...

12:04 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Both Mr. Scarbarough and Ms Mitchell flavoring their reporting regarding a speech given by the Prime Minister of Isreal to show their dislike/disregard of the President of the United States, democrats in the US Senate and US House of Representatives, their presentations made their viewers understand their own political drive, their utter disregard of the...

11:21 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The problem of nbcuniversalstore.com is that their advertisement states that all goods are available, but the information is false. When I purchased from them 3 items, I received only two of them within a month. The third one never came. They told me that the third item is out of stock and they will send me refund for it. They are still in the process of...

O
9:29 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

NBCUniversal - &CHECKOOK JOURNALISM& Paying Hannah & Brett Anderson for Documentary

SHAME ON NBC NEWS! They are using "checkbook journalism" to secure the story of Hannah Anderson's so-called "ordeal" last summer by Jim DiMaggio for a documentary. Recently the shameful "Peacock network" flew Hannah and her father, Brett to NYC. They put them up in a hotel & received tickets to go see Miley Cyrus. While in New York, Hannah Anderson made sure to offer up to interviewer Savannah Guthrie on the morning Today Show some inane details of her "kidnapping" such as "playing Russian Roulette, " even though DiMaggio had a rifle not a pistol. Another no-brainer: Hannah asked DiMaggio "was he okay" after the FBI sharp-shooters pumped 6 bullets into the man and he fell over dead!

This is what the once-proud NBC News wants to do business with. I won't be watching this train wreck show full of more lies and made-up stories from Hannah Anderson and her enabling parent. Network representatives say their only payments are licensing fees for photographs and videos, not for interviews.Yeah, right.

According to a recent story in the well-respected Washington Post, "Mainstream news organizations typically frown on paying sources, lest the payments taint the sources’ veracity or color the news outlet’s objectivity in reporting the story. Although some news organizations, such as the National Enquirer and TMZ.com, pay for news, checkbook journalism is considered unethical by the Society of Professional Journalists and other professional news organizations."

I hope that NBC News is proud of themselves: throwing good money after bad! Real journalists and writers do not look kindly at the news division negotiating this exclusive documentary deal, reportedly for more than $100, 000, with the family of Hannah Anderson. Because so many questions about this case remain unanswered and many people are of the impression that the Lakeside, CA. teen could have possibly had a greater involvement in the deaths of her mother, brother and family dog than is being publicly acknowledged. For NBC News to enrich someone thought to have been more of an accomplice and less of a "victim, " in her so-called "ordeal" is despicable and another slap in the face to the injustice done to the memories of her deceased family members, pet dog, and yes--even her Uncle Jim, who might not have been the crazed killer he is portrayed as.

View 0 more photos
C
6:32 pm

NBCUniversal - Shipping address error (and no cancelation option)

I'm from Brazil and my paypal account is registered there. I'm currently in the US, however, and wanted to buy some shirts from the NBC store yesterday night.

After choosing the products, the site showed me an acceptable shipping rate, so I proceeded (I hadn't yet filled the shipping address). Next I was asked to login on paypal, which automatically set the shipping address to my paypal address (in Brazil). The following screen took me back to the NBC site where I corrected the shipping address to the US. I then got through the next step and accidentally confirmed the order.

When doing that I immediately noticed the amount charged was the double of what I expected and the order was actually being sent to Brazil, even though I specified otherwise, with the shipping costs being larger than the actual merchandise.

I looked in the NBC site for a way to cancel, saw a disclaimer that they usually begin processing orders about an hour after they are made (and I couldn't cancel them afterwards), and filed a ticket with type "Change/Cancel Order" specifying the order number in a separate field. I sent the ticket about 10 minutes after the order was completed, and it was late at night, so I was pretty sure some automatic processing should stop it in time.

However, I received an e-mail around noon today saying they couldn't cancel the order since it was already processed.

Though I made a mistake in confirming the purchase, this was caused by confusing information (showing me an acceptable rate when checking out and asking me for my paypal password before the value was set) and a major error in the site (not updating the address correctly. I'm not sure how this error could have happened - I don't want to reach that stage again for fear of doing another non cancellable purchase -, my best guess is there could have been a 'save address' button and I clicked 'proceed to next step', which didn't update).

I immediately realized the mistake, but apparently NBC Store's shipment is so efficient someone went running out of storage immediately with my shirts and thrown them in an international flight in the middle of the night. I doubt they'll arrive so soon, however.

K
1:09 pm

NBCUniversal - Purchase

item # 125-399 order #81935666 customer #10593776 ordered 1/19/13; I tried to order on the phone and on line, apparently I was 30 mins late on the flash price. I just noticed I was charged the regular price so I called to see if the flash price could be honored, it was NOT. The ring will be returned ASAP. I also found the same ring, 1 ct twd, sterling silver, front overlay wrap ring for $250. I would have kept the order if the flash price would have been honored; however, why should I? I am very disappointed with SHOP.NBC, perhaps I have not spent enough thousand dollars with your company. I am a customer service/sales rep and there is A LOT of competition out there. I would never walk away from a sale for $100; especially when the product is in stock. Needless to say HSN.CON will be getting more of my attention in the future. The customer service dept did not respond to my email complaint nor did they offer to make it right by waiving the shipping or offer a coupon to keep future business. As I stated prior; how much money does one have to spend to deserve customer service and want to remain a loyal customer. I am totally SHOCKED.

Update by Kerri Crotty
Jan 23, 2013 7:04 pm

I would like to apologize for the complaint regarding SHOP NBC; they did come through and make an exception. I am happy to know that customer service is still alive in 2013.

Update by Kerri Crotty
Jan 23, 2013 7:00 pm

Why should they compensate me? Why should they not? If you were in sales would you not? Or would you just keep inventory collecting dust. SHOP NBC did compensate me and I did apologize for my harsh email. I am an exceptional customer. Do - or are you loyal to any one company? I am sure everyone makes exceptions at some time. I do in my line of business and will not loose a sale for $100. I called prior to my rant and was told no can do. When I want something I try to get it - and yes I did verify I was 15 Min's after the time frame. Can I help it if they are busy on line or on the phone. I trust SHOP NBC, I order a lot, and as it turns out I will stay a loyal customer and I am going to make this complaint right as they came through with my request after they said NO. In your lifetime have you never asked for any exception as a loyal customer to anyone? Furthermore this is not a habit for me as I do not take advantage of companies I do a lot of business with.

3 comments
Mar 18, 2011 6:15 pm

My wife ordered some watches for me a year ago and UPS never delivered them. We made a claim and it was satisfied by UPS, but Shop NBC still put me in collections without notification. I can't order anything anymore until this issue is resolved but NO ONE at Shop NBC can help. I don't understand their definition of customer service. There is NO service.

P
Jan 26, 2013 9:14 am

Brenda's right (as usual) The OP was in the wrong and had a fit because they wouldn't make an exception for her. Pathetic person.

Jan 23, 2013 2:48 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I like the fact that she said that she is a customer service/sales rep. So I guess, I can come into where she works with a flyer from a year ago and expect to get an item for the same low price as in the flyer and complain how crappy the customer service is when I am refused.

5:33 pm

NBCUniversal - Luke Russert

I was just watching an MSNBC segment with Luke Russert reporting, this man has never learned the skills for reporting that his father displayed over his many years at NBC. This gentleman was thrown into a position at NBC and MSNBC for which he has no skills, he does not meet the skill level of most NBC and MSNBC reporters and always injects his own bias as a friend of the young republican leaders of the House of Representatives in his efforts to report on happenings in the Congress. He consistently interjects negative comments about the President in every opportunity he gets, he flavors his reports in favor of his relationships with republican leaders, and is totally unprofessional in his ability to keep his own personal bias out of the news he is reporting. He has referred to former President Clinton by the name "Bubba" while on the air and he summarizes President Obama as "unable to negotiate his way out of a paper bag."
He is a disgrace to the high reputation that NBC News has worked so hard to obtain.

4 comments
T
Jun 04, 2009 10:36 pm

Hello all! I have lived in Pittsburgh all my life & am a Pens fan as is everyone I know! I have just recently learned that the remainder of the playoffs will not be allowed to be shown on the jumbo-tron outside of Mellon Arena due to television ratings. I just wanted to say I think that SUX! This is good for our city! Wish we could change your minds! I watch NBC but this might be a reason I choose to watch it less! GO PENS!

N
Feb 10, 2009 4:51 pm

congratulations to Carson Daly for making a joke out of chris brown beating up rhianna. "do you know what happened"? "nope" say t.i, then laughter from audience and daly. wow Domestic abuse funny? wierd. sends a great message to all teenage girls. "hiccup in his career". "he is the same old chris"? It was insulting to watch, insulting to girls who deal with this everyday.

P
Dec 30, 2009 7:17 pm

Last night (December 29th), Brian Williams named the "Notable Deaths of 2009", all writers, actors, newspeople, etc. There was no mention of all the men and women who have given their lives in military service to this country -- what a shame.

T
Sep 02, 2008 7:17 pm

Who ever thought it was cute to air the President addressing the republican convention without the applause or laughter, you are so funny that I changed the station to ABC! you should be fired.

9:15 am

NBCUniversal - Sefano Jewerly

I usually would never by jewelry from HSN, QVC or SHOP NBC - But I had my eye on a Mesh 14kt gold bracelet from
Stefano on Shop NBC. He must design directly for them, as I have not been able to locate his website.
Anyway after reading the reviews ( and you can't please everybody) it was finally on sale.
The reviews stated that it would stretch out and become non-fixable.
I have a large wrist, so I assumed I would be fine.
Loved the Bracket after 1 year, it stretched so it just fell off, and almost lost at a Dr, Appt.
I had called customer service who was no help and want as far as to call the corporate office, with no solution except to
take to my local jeweler. Lesson learned - Buyer Beware - If it's too good to be true it's probably crap.
I meant to post this sooner - Just didn't have the time - Never again they lost a customer for all merchandise
l

6:06 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

NBC Universal is another scam company. After you gave them all details (that you thing you give in order to get a win from them) they simply send you smth very needless and then they use the info you sent to steal your money. Don’t be the next victim of that company!

H
8:25 pm

NBCUniversal - Poor Coverage

I have found NBC's olympic coverage to be wholly dissatisfying. As the sole provider of olympics coverage in the US, NBC have a duty to provide extensive and widespread coverage. NBC have only televised a handful of sports in their evening highlights - Swimming, Volleyball and gymnastics have all been overrepresented at the price of many other diverse sports. The commentators have been poorly informed and have added no real meaning or substance to discussion and coverage of the opening and closing ceremonies have been awful, with sections missed out of both, constant adverts and the delaying of the Who finally until after midnight! If NBC intends to bid to host the tv rights for the 2016 Olympics I hope they will take it more seriously. Luckily I am British and will get to go back to Britain soon where I can watch proper sports coverage on the glorious BBC!

R
5:59 pm

NBCUniversal - Removing Under God From The Pledge Of Allegiance

Dear NBC Executives: June 24, 2011

I have watched many shows produced by NBC over the years. I have always been a fair person in my life.
When I watch certain shows whether from your network or others the nice thing is I have a choice on what
to watch. I like watching different shows to hear the viewpoints to gain a certain perspective on what the show is about. Then I discuss these shows with others to get their perspective. The wonderful thing
about this is it is nice to hear everyone involved
their viewpoint. However, I must question NBC's decision to deliberately omit "UNDER GOD" in our
own country's Pledge Of Allegiance. In my discussion with hundreds of people so far, nobody agrees with NBC. You can justify certain things or even overlook certain things on issues we face but this is crossing
the line of the people of our nation who most do believe in God. So we are asking that NBC do the right thing in terms of a few things. 1. We want NBC
to put out a massive media campaign to denounce what
happened at your network regarding this situation. 2.
We want the decision makers fired from their positions for doing such a disgusting thing. I and the many people I am involved with all agree that this is the fair thing to do. If we do not hear from NBC regarding this situation to fix this type of behavoir we will be forced to do a massive campaign to boycott NBC and all affiliates. This I promise you will affect your ratings. We are hundreds, turning into thousands and then millions of voices who will boycott. I ask in all fairness that you take the necessary steps to stops this nonsense before it escalates to hurt NBC and its affilliates.
In reasoning you must take into account AMERICA was founded on principles of GOD. Your company NBC benefits in many ways from what GOD has blessed and bestowed on our nation. We are all its people here in America and you need to understand that most Americans are believers in GOD. To remove GOD you remove yourself. I ask again that you do the right thing and take the proper course of action. If you don't your company will suffer and you would agree nobody wants that. I am looking forward to the media blitz denouncing the NBC Executives who decided to do this by NBC. It's time to take responibility we are and we believe you will want to do the same. I appreciate your reading this and again look forward
to NBC taking immediate action in putting this to rest fast for all involved which is the millions of viewers who have been disrespected as well as GOD himself.

Sincerely,

Rick Lowe

1:09 pm

NBCUniversal - Harrasement

After spending well over $10k and referring several coworkers to buy from them, they have treated me with complete disrespect. A value payment was declined because BofA got hacked into and they sent me a new debit card. I never received an email from Shop NBC asking to update card information, which I would have gladly done and did do IMMEDIATELY after finding out about the problem?.

That wasn't good enough for them". They wanted the new card immediately over the phone!. I explained to them that I use wireless home phones and a cell phone and that would not be acceptable due to security reasons/. The next agent that called cooperated and mailed out a statement to my home, I then mailed them a check for payment". Meantime, the 10-12 harassing calls per day continued!. Now 12 days later, they are still calling me 10-12 time a day, on both my home and cell numbers, by 3 different reauthorization agents".

My account information with new debit card info is current so I refuse to give it to them over the phone for another value payment that was declined because their outdated computer system supposedly can't retrieve the new, updated card number from their own system.

They have totally mishandled this whole situation. They started off with multiple phone calls daily when all they had to do is send me an email to update account info. and or mail a billing statement. That is not their company policy to do neither per Michael Davis manager.

My advise to potential and present customers of Shop NBC. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM ANY MORE! I WILL BE TELLING ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND COWORKERS ABOUT THE HARRASSMENT THAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED FROM THEM BECAUSE OF THEIR OUTDATED COMPUTER SYSTEM AND COMPANY POLICIES.

2 comments

BTW, this is the only complaint I have ever filed anywhere!

I went through an almost identical situation with them & they won't let me have Value Pays anymore even though it was predominantly their fault (I say predominantly because I take responsibility for forgetting the card with the different expiration date was used on one item I purchased from them, a simple oversight that turned into a nightmare!). In addition, regardless of how friendly & kind I am, most of their phone order reps are unfriendly & some are downright rude for absolutely no reason except that the phone rang? This is the single most difficult & unpleasant company I have ever dealt with & if I could find the things I need anywhere else, I would stop shopping with them completely. Absolutely do not recommend doing business with them!

K
5:32 pm

NBCUniversal - Mess

I purchased a facial machine on ShopNBC when it was on air. There was never anything that said the machine was sold out when I bought it, or after I bought it. I also bought some replacement filters for it, which they recommended doing. I got the filters a week later, and called to find out when I would get the machine. I was told the machine was on back order. I asked how long it would take to come in, and was told they had no idea. I asked if they were sure the machine was even going to be available again, and they said they had no idea. So I said, you can't guarantee that the machine is even going to be available? And they said no. So I cancelled my order, sent the filters back and had to pay for the shipping, which is ridiculous. They should not have sold items they apparently didn't have in stock, and they never informed me in any way that the machine was on back order. I was totally conned into buying something and paying the shipping for it when I couldn't even use it, because I didn't have the *** machine! I'll never shopNBC again!

R
9:54 pm

NBCUniversal - Digging deeper into pocket

They get worse day by day. It wasn't enough shopNBC mishandled order; sent to a 7yr old previous address, tried to make me track; until I got to corporate via manufacturer.

Now they want to charge full shipping for each item ordered; I ordered a candle, sheet set, 2 identical throws and they were tacking $31.96 in shipping charges.

When it was still Value Vision there was customer service, shopping carts inclusive shipping for all items.

Now the greed of corporate is clear; take a little more from us average Joes.

With shipping that pricey, I can go 10 days with full tank of gas, support my local merchants and let NBC ROT.

The one product they offer that I cannot be without can be bought from manufacturer in Canada, so I really don't need them. The idea of home shopping is to be convenient and comparably if not, better, priced. They do not offer any such services.

Lousy customer service UNLESS you get to corporate office personnel and overcharging shipping, handling. My last order took them 7 days to pack and send.

E
6:39 pm

NBCUniversal - Mitsubishi TV

I have got a giant nonworking TV in my living room that was bought in December and hasn't worked for the last 3 weeks and Shop NBC feels they have no responsibility to back the items they sell. I can't belive I made such a huge purchase (2000 dollars) for my first shopping experience with them! I am an idiot! Don't be one too

8:14 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After nine years of employment with Telemundo, I was given a choice to either get terminated or resign. The reason for this because when I filled out my electronic employment application I made a mistake and put NO to the question if I was ever convicted of a felony. I even advised my HR person back then, Grace Orejas, of my "mistake" and that I paid for...

4:48 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I cannot believe that while viewing the latest Dateline piece dubbed "Mean Girls" I was ambushed by raw REAL video footage of a crime scene interview as well as the actual scenes of a man dying. A darling 21 year-old man was laying on the floor with a bullet hole through his forehead. As the EMT worked to save his life, one medic lifted his the young man'...

N
9:43 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I watch tv over the air. We get abc, CBS, fox, wgn, and about 25 other channels. But NBC broadcasts a signal unavailable nearly 90 percent of the time. What gives? Every other major channel works, there's no weather interference but yet NBC is no where to be found. I can only infer that this isn't a tech glitch but more of an attempt to strong arm people to...

6:10 am

NBCUniversal - Junk jewelry

My mom was watching a jewelry shopping show called SHOPNBC.com. and saw a necklace she liked. She told me they went on and on about the quality of this "14 kt" gold chain and so decided she wanted it and thus ordered it. It was the crappiest piece of junk I have ever seen. She paid $100 for this sorry piece of rubbish and $7.99 S.H. Of course she was disappointed and gave it to me to return since the directions to do this required a magnifying glass to read and a puzzles master to understand this babble. You are billed an additional $7.99 S.H. and restocking fee for the return. I think thatSHOPNBC.com carries junk, rips people off and to me this is wrong and unethical.

1 comment
Mar 15, 2011 9:11 am

I agree, their jewelry samples the hosts show are beautiful with rich colored stones. Then when your piece arrives- the stone is 5 shades lighter and looks half the size smaller. One time it cost me 30 % of the product' s price to return it! that is higway robbery and makes me think they already expect most people are gonna return the product because it's not worth their prices so, they make their money on the shipping, handling and return shipping fees. I have since found out that a lot of what they sell you can find elsewhere for 3 to 4 times cheaper! especially their sterling silver pieces.

NBCUniversal contacts