Shoney's North America Logo

Shoney's North America

Having problems with Shoney's North America?

Shoney's North America reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 20, 2011. The latest review Waitress was posted on Mar 9, 2021. The latest complaint buffet was resolved on Dec 18, 2016. Shoney's North America has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 58 reviews. Shoney's North America has resolved 2 complaints.

Shoney's North America Customer Service Contacts

1717 Elm Hill Pike, Suite B-1
Nashville, Tennessee

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Shoney's North America Customer Service. Initial Shoney's North America complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Shoney's North America above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Shoney's North America. Discuss the issues you have had with Shoney's North America and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Shoney's North America Complaints & Reviews

Shoney's — customer service

While rudest and unprofessional staff. We were belittled in front of our children and most of all treated...

Shoney's buffet

Person restocking the breakfast bar let several bins of food fall into the warmer water. The water went into the food, and the guy put them back on the bar. He then used utensils from the contaminated food in other fresh food he had brought out. Now several things are contaminated. I asked to speak to a manager who took 10 minutes to show up. Then another 15 for the contaminated items to be removed from the bar. They then offered me something from the menu and had the audacity to charge me after I would not eat off the bar. I ordered pancakes which were brought without syrup. I asked three different times for syrup and 25 minutes later I finally get syrup and the pancakes are cold. Not only did they charge me for this food, they charged me for the buffet which DID NOT eat ANYTHING from. I will NEVER eat at ANYTHING Shoneys restaurant again!

RESOLVED

• Shoney's North America's response · Dec 22, 2016

Our buffet food is prepared fresh and should always be hot and appetizing to our guests with no contamination concerns. We apologize for your negative experience and can assure you it won’t happen again. We have very strict guidelines for our buffets and this is clearly unacceptable. I have passed your comments to the market leader and manager of the restaurant. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you great tasting, fresh food at Shoney's.

Shoney's — bad service from the server

My wife and I went to Shoney`s at Crossville, Tn. to eat Friday night at 8:30PM 9/2/2016. The server took u...

Shoney's Restaurantbell road product

I love the breakfast bar when there is actually breakfast. Several weekends my family and myself have visited bell road Shoneys. We have gone months of not coming here because two times in a row we were there and they had no eggs for bar so we stopped going. Today we decide to give them another try and what they have no biscuits? It's the breakfast bar for heavens sake how do you run out of eggs and biscuits. Someone here needs to learn to order.

• Wine Is Good Jun 26, 2016

Did you ASK if more was coming? Or did you sit at your table and sigh and grumble real loud? AS for learning how to order...do you work in a place where inventory has to be ordered? Ever had an order not come? Trust me. People know their jobs a lot better than you do.

Shoney's — service and food quantity

I visit Shoneys in Charlotte NC (North Tryon location) often but I was highly disappointed today. My husband...

Shoney'swaitresses and manager/ nastiness

I visit the Shoneys in Calhoun Georgia a lot. The waitresses treat me like crap, when I complain about poor service to the manager he tells me that if I don't like it to go somewhere else. I don't appreciate being talked to like that especially when I come to eat more than once a week. The waitresses refuse to service me, they harass me, they make me sit and wait for my drinks for 30 minutes before they finally decide to bring it out. The buffet is always dirty, half full, barely warm food, and they use burnt nasty pans for the food. The corporate office needs to do something about this location because the employees don't care and the manager doesn't care

Shoney's — doors locked 37 minutes before closing time and we were refused service.

Shoney's of Walterboro SC refused us service the other night at 9:23 pm. We arrived to see people still...

Shoney'sunprofessional and unethical

I visit Shoney's in Lugoff quite often, but the last few times I am really disappointed. There is a male waiter there and he always seems to be drunk. He talks and talks about things so much we can't enjoy our meal. It would seem the owner would not let a server work drunk. I have noticed him drunk on several occasions. I believe his badge said Greyson.

The last time my husband and I went there there were several other employees outside in a truck smoking marijuana. It was a younger looking lady short with blonde hair and an african american male. I just feel if the owner does not stop this behavior it will ruin the business.

It seems the employees are there to deal drugs or drink. It is right in front of a local hotel and I have seen transactions take place from the restaurant to the hotel. Please improve this because you definitely lost us a customer and I know you will lose others if you haven't already

Shoney'sservice personnel

We went to Shoney's here in Johnson City, TN for dinner. We all had the buffet in which the salad bar had a lot of brown lettuce and other items that didn't need to be on the bar. The food on the hot bar was only lukewarm also and there was water all around when side of the bar because they said the bar was leaking. Shouldn't you get that fixed instead of just putting a wet sign out and mopping every once in awhile???? There was a few elderly people in there and I was so afraid they would fall. The waitress came back and asked if we wanted dessert. We ordered two hot fudge cakes. After we finished I went to pay the bill. The waitress had put the ticket on the table upside down and I just picked it up to go pay without looking at it. The guy supervisor rang me up, ran my card and then a waitress walked up and whispered to him. He said I will need your card again because you was trying to leave without paying for the hot fudge cakes. I said shouldn't the waitress put them on the bill-- that's not my job. He accused me of trying to leave without paying which in my book is stealing. I am a CHRISTIAN and I DON'T STEAL period. Then after he had run my card I asked him to run my card just for the hot fudge cakes but he said he already voided the first transaction out. Then he took my card the second time and then ask two more times telling me that the system lost carrier. I blame this on the waitress who should have put the items on the bill. I think you really need to work the way this location is run. Of course you won't have to worry about me or my family ever stepping foot in Shoney's in Johnson City again. I will spread the story with my friends also because who wants someone to call them a theft in front of everyone in line. Yes I got upset because he should have never called me a theft when it was your waitress's fault. When I asked for copies of the transactions he acted like he didn't want to give to me. And you better hope I don't get changed on my card more than one time. What a awful experience.

Shoney's — discrimination of customer service

On January 14, 2016 I was at Shoney's in Hopewell, Va.. I walked into the store at 1:20 pm for lunch. There...

Shoney's — food temperature

We had never frequented a Shoney's until we moved. Upon a number of occasions we went for dinner and wa...

Hillsville

Shoney's — hot bar buffet

I stopped to eat dinner at Shoneys in Flatwoods WV on november 25, 2015.They were serving breakfast on the...

Flatwoods

Shoney’sthey refused to provide another hot cake

We were in Shoney’s last weeks. My husband ordered hot fudge cake. But when the waitress brought it, the cake was warm. And after several minutes it was already cold and tasteless. My husband asked to change the cake, but the waitress told that the chief wouldn’t heat another cake. He had a lot of other orders and didn’t have time for another cake. It was the worst services and attitude. So, don’t visit this place.

Shoneys.comthey thought that I was thief and wanted to steal something

I won’t advise anyone to use the services www.shoneys.com. We visited this place, but our experience was really bad. The staff was unprofessional and misbehaved. I waited for my husband outside, while he paid for the services. The lady went out and asked me if she could help me. I told “no” and explained that I waited for my husband. After that she went inside and pointed to me and told something to other people. Immediately after that the guy went out and warned me that he would call to the police if stole something. Really incompetent staff.

Shoneys nastiness

Shoneys of Slidell is gross, they are infested with roaches, they cross contaminate and refuse to throw away things such as creamers, napkins, or anything that the previous guests have use, they just give it to the next tables, if the managers find one unused creamer that a server threw away doing to them being nasty, the managers call a the servers to the back, dump out the whole slop of trash onto the floor and make them dig in all that mess to pull out creamers and anything that wasn't opened, knowing its cross contamination.I have witnessed servers to drop food and put it right back on the plates, and serve it.This Shoneys is awful the servers were up to their ankles in water for a whole month, due to busted pipes, they were too cheap to get a professional to fix it, so they patched at it themselves, the dining from carpet was soaked, and the smell from the stale water was stomach turning. The Board of Health will surely shut this place down if only they knew what was going on behind those doors. The two female managers are horrible and very rude, I don't see how they were given the position

• Su
                    Suzy0924 Oct 22, 2018

It is extremely hot in restaurant. Almost 90 outside. Server said air has not been working for several days. No fans either . All customers very uncomfortable. Needs fixed.

• Si
                    Silkysmooth1974 Sep 19, 2018

I went to shoneys n manning sc and saw that they have a crackhead lady named carmen working there and quite obviously they don't require a drug test.I was appalled that they would even allow a drug addict work in their facility.Looks can be deceiving but little do they know she is bad news

Shoney's Restaurant — manager sleeps with employees and does drugs on sight

The manager, Justin Stiles, of the Shoneys in Branson sleeps with employees, 1 was 17, gets away with it...

Shoney's food

The waitress was very nice with a smile very important when serving your customer and i thank her. But the buffet bar was very sorry, cold, meat dried up the little was left ask was going to put hot food on buffet say no that it. Was not a variety of food to choose from.Whn i left i was very disappointed and was not please at all.And i will not be back.

• Be
                      BEVERLY STRAUGHN Sep 06, 2011

WELL I HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT I FEEL BECAUSE IT WAS MY MONEY AND REGARDLESS OF THE CAPS OF SOMEONE TAKING ME SERIOUS STILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO MY OPINION, AND YOU HAVE A BLESS NIGHT BECAUSE IT'S NOT ABOUT U, AND WHAT U THINK, ITS ALL ABOUT BEEN SATISFISTY.SO MAY GOD BLESS U!

• Be
                      BEVERLY STRAUGHN Sep 05, 2011

no strongly disagree, because when you pay your money and the cost u expected to get what u pay for it. and it's 4:00p.m.food shall still be present to service not looking like it ready to throw away. HAVE A BLESS DAY!

Shoneys — awful experience

We dined at your Lewisburg location last thursday.The food was good, but the conditions were very unsanitary...