Shoneysawful experience

S

We dined at your Lewisburg location last thursday.The food was good, but the conditions were very unsanitary and harmful.We found several dirty dishes, one with dried mashed potatoes around the outer rim. But the fact they were stripping up old carpet, around the food bar and everyone eating was unexceptable! We were directed to a side room where a musty smell of mildew was noticable.I asked the waitress what the smell was, she said glue? Part of the carpet had been removed from that room.But when i went to the food bar, i saw what was going on, there were men there ripping up the old carpet ! My son in law is a professional carpet installer and he says there is enough filth and allergens under old carpets to kill you .Well i have COPD and within, minutes i was coughing and getting choked up.My 18 year old daughter has asthma and ended up in the rest room throwing up, she got choked up pretty bad. We both have had to go the doctor since then. I am 58 years old and i have never been exposed to conditions like this in my life in a public restaurant ! I think Shoney's should have been closed down for this kind of renovation. Our bill was $65.00, which i do not think we should have had to pay, under these circumstances.

andrew mccauley May 08, 2019

I am deathly allergic to cooked peppers. Yet shoneys see it right it added it to most there sides. And did nothing to help me out.
    They refuse to cook up green beans or corn without pepper.
    It be nice to have more choices than potatoes and mac and cheese when you're having a meal.

On the note this line is just to make the complaint board happy..

• Pa
    panthergirl Jun 24, 2011

You saw the conditions. You decided to stay there and eat. You feel you shouldn't have to pay for your meal. You are a fine example of you can't fix stupid.

jbfirebird Jun 22, 2011

p.s. its gonna take alot to get me fired up.

jbfirebird Jun 22, 2011

you hardly got to me. but it seems i got under your skin

jbfirebird Jun 22, 2011

maybe i should have clarified for the pre-schoolers that joined us here. from the demeanor of the above complaint, the person posting doesnt think they should have to pay for the services with the conditions of where they were. yes, this is a complaint site, but if you want it fixed, instead of posting here, where they wont see it (if they do have anyone that would monitor this, they would have responded already). i highly doubt that a smaller franchise such as shoneys is going to monitor this.
    for any correction or reimbursment, the restraunt or their corporate should be contacted first. first the store then corporate...in that order. then, if they are unwilling to do anything, then by all means, post it here.
    but, with what has been said, you can read into it that they havent even bothered bringing it up to management at all.

but, im assuming you know "what most businesses do". so, i guess we are all out of our league here. time to pack 'er up boys, sundaytimes10 seems to have the internet all under control

what he said^^^^^

jbfirebird Jun 20, 2011

i should say, most businesses wont monitor this site

jbfirebird Jun 20, 2011

not only leaving, but why complain about it here. businesses wont monitor this site. if you want a refund or to complain about the problem, complain the management or corporate. complaining on here wont fix anything