Shoneys — awful experience
We dined at your Lewisburg location last thursday.The food was good, but the conditions were very unsanitary and harmful.We found several dirty dishes, one with dried mashed potatoes around the outer rim. But the fact they were stripping up old carpet, around the food bar and everyone eating was unexceptable! We were directed to a side room where a musty smell of mildew was noticable.I asked the waitress what the smell was, she said glue? Part of the carpet had been removed from that room.But when i went to the food bar, i saw what was going on, there were men there ripping up the old carpet ! My son in law is a professional carpet installer and he says there is enough filth and allergens under old carpets to kill you .Well i have COPD and within, minutes i was coughing and getting choked up.My 18 year old daughter has asthma and ended up in the rest room throwing up, she got choked up pretty bad. We both have had to go the doctor since then. I am 58 years old and i have never been exposed to conditions like this in my life in a public restaurant ! I think Shoney's should have been closed down for this kind of renovation. Our bill was $65.00, which i do not think we should have had to pay, under these circumstances.