Sears Repair Serviceextremely poor customer service!

P

My husband and I have been a sears customer, especially for tools and appliances, for over 20 years. I will never, never, never purchase another item from sears, and it is entirely due to their customer service. we purchased a top-of-the-line high-efficiency (he3t) washer and dryer from sears in 2002. I have been extremely happy with the product, and extremely disappointed with the service. because I spent so much money on the washer and dryer, and because I have a husband and 2 teenage children, one of which plays baseball, I naturally purchased the service agreement because, according to their website, "a protection agreement can provide you with peace of mind by knowing that if a problem occurs with your product, you know whom to call to take care of it right away." in the 7 years that I have owned the washer and dryer, I remarkably have only had an issue that required service 3 different times. the first issue was with the control panel on the dryer right after we bought it. I got a service appointment scheduled within a week, and it was repaired within 2 weeks - hooray!

The next 2 service issues, however, were a complete disaster. my washer stopped running, and it took 7 weeks to get it repaired. of course a part had to be ordered after the first technician came out to determine what was wrong. the technician never showed up for the 2nd appointment to install the part. after 5 phone calls, I managed to get an appointment rescheduled for the next day (saturday). because I had spent all of friday at home waiting, I had to run an errand on saturday morning. I left my 17-year-old daughter and 14-year-old son at home, with my neighbor on stand-by in the event that the tech showed up while we were out. my appointment was canceled after the tech called and simply asked for me and my daughter said that I wasn't home, and there was no one over 18 currently in the house. it took another 8 calls, and a threat to drop the washer in front of the store where we purchased it, to get someone to come back out that day - with no apologies from anyone from sears. my dryer then stopped working the week after christmas this past december. I called on 12/31, and the earliest appointment I could get was almost 3 weeks later - 1/18. of course, the tech did not have the replacement part that was needed, and it took 1 week for the part to arrive. so when I called after the part arrived (as I was instructed to do), I could not get an appointment for another 2-1/2 weeks. no matter how many different people my husband or I spoke with, we could not get an earlier appointment, nor did we ever get an apology.

The appointment was scheduled for 8-12 on a monday. at 11:45, I called customer service to find out when the technician would arrive, and was told that all they could do was send him a message. 1 hour later, with no response, I called back again, but only got the same response. at 1:40, the technician himself called and said he was on his way and would be here in 20 minutes. at 3:45, when he still was not here, I called again, and refused to hang up until I was told when the technicial would arrive. I was finally transferred to the warranty service scheduling department (which, for future reference, you need to ask for first). I was told that he had just arrived at the appointment before me. at 5:45, when the technician still had not arrived, I called again, and was told that he had arrived at the next appointment before me at 4:40!! the technician finally showed up at 6:50 p. m. - now remember I had an appointment for 8-12 in the morning. I was told that I had originally been #6 on the technician's schedule - and one of the calls he had was over an hour away from where he and I both live. according to the technician, all of his appointments were "8-12".

Then, when the tech finally arrived, he informed me that he needed to order another 2 parts!!! although the technician placed an "emergency order", I was told by everyone I could speak to at sears, that they no longer expedite any parts orders. so, the additional parts will take another week to arrive, and the earliest next appointment I can get is two weeks from now. interestingly enough, I was told by both technicians that parts install appointments take priority over initial service calls. sears, however, told me emphatically that this is not true, and I was not able to get an appointment scheduled any earlier than if I was scheduling an initial service call!!!

No one that we have spoken with at sears has apologized. no one is able to authorize an expedited shipment when it was the original technician's fault for not ordering the correct parts. no one is able to schedule an appointment that is convenient for me, or even guarantee that I am first on the list. by the way - don't believe it when they tell you the appointments are scheduled on a first-come-first-served basis - the routing department schedules the technicians appointments each day for the following day. so even if you are the first to schedule an appointment on a given day, you could end up being the last appointment. and "scheduled between 8-12" means absolutely nothing.

So, why did I buy that service contract? oh... because it would "provide me with peace of mind" knowing that my issue would be "taken care of right away". sorry, but my definition of "right away" is much quicker than 8+ weeks. do not rely on sears service. the few dollars you may save on sears appliances is not worth the frustration and anxiety you will experience in the event that you need it repaired.

RESOLVED

• Sears's response · Apr 22, 2011

Dear MD Tech,

I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you. If there is a specific situation that has got you upset we would really like the opportunity to assist you.
    My name is Misty with Sears Cares and we would like to get you in touch with a personal case manager to resolve any concerns that you have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item (s) were originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (MD Tech) listed on your site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Misty H.

• Sears's response · Jul 22, 2011

To Lou Goddard,

I'm so sorry that you are having an issue getting repair for your air conditioner. We consider air conditioner repairs, especially in a heat wave, high priority and we'd like to help resolve this issue as soon as possible. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the service was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Lou Goddard) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

• Sears's response · Oct 24, 2012

Dear Sears-Never Again,
    I came across your post and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Social Media Support Team. I can see how important it is to have your washer repaired in a timely manner. In addition, I can see how frustrating it can be to schedule an appointment and our technician did not show for the repair. We would like the opportunity to have a dedicated case manager speak with on your experience. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (Sears-Never Again) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.
    Liz R.
    Sears Social Media Support Team

• Sears's response · Feb 20, 2013

RobertaLOgden
    Please accept our sincerest apologies for level of customer service you have received with our repair service. Per our records, we recently reach out to you on a different website on 02/08/2013. I will forward your post over to your case manager for review. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you.
    Liz R.

• Sears's response · Jul 07, 2014

DeeMelodee,

We regret that your repair service went so poorly. Customer service is extremely important to us, we want to make sure our members are recieving the outstanding service that they deserve. We'd like a chance to make things right. Please send your full name, mailing address, and phone number (associated with service) to [email protected] If possible, please also include the link to this post.

Best,
    Sears Member Service

• Mi
    Michellez Mobile Notary Sep 09, 2020

Sears outlet sold me a washer that was rusted out!!! I bought my maytag washer in may 2020 and the damn thing went out (stopped working) in july. a repair tech has been out. i've been talking to customer service and still no resolve. this is horrible. i'm ready to drop the washer off in front of the place. i've been promised a callback and all they do is transfer me around to different departments. the repair tech says he ordered 3 parts. 2 I received and the other on back order. I asked how much longer will it be before I receive it and the csr team says they don't know. go figure!!! I hate that I purchased from sears

Patti Larimore Sep 03, 2020

JoAnn D Samuels has not received refrigerator repair and the name Patti Larimore should be Howie Samuels.

Patti Larimore Sep 03, 2020

Sears has not lived up to their refrigerator service agreement with my 89 year old mother, JoAnn D Samuels. My mother signed a $1, 999 2 year service agreement 8/1/2020 and can not get repair of her refrigerator for over two weeks now. Do I have to file a suit against Sears for no contract violation? Respond with service at [protected].

• Cl
    Clarence ClarenceB Jul 21, 2020

My Oven is a GE Model JKP20B0F2BB, Single Self Cleaning Wall Oven. In June, 2020 a Sears technician ordered part, GE WB08T10002 Oven Light Housing Assembly the second week of June 2020. I have since been informed that the part is not available by any of Sears suppliers. I have called and waited in excess of 1.5 hours or more to speak with a person only to be given another telephone number to call regarding my oven. I last spoke with a person last Monday (July 13, 2020). The person I spoke with advised that because of all the steps taken, I may qualify for a replacement of my oven (Under warranty). The person said that I would receive a call within 3-5 business days from her manager regarding what action(s) is being taken to resolve my oven problem. It has now been more than 8 business days and no one has called me about my oven. Also, I called this morning (July 20, 2020) at 7:00 am MST and was on the phone again for more than 1.5 hours and no one answered. My oven problems was first report in June 2020 and to no avail, my oven problem still exist. I respectfully ask that Sears resolve my situation ASAP. My contact information is Clarence A. Branch, [protected], Email, [email protected]

• Cr
    craezy jimi Aug 21, 2019

well 5 years ago I buy refrigerator to my daughter 2 month ago stop working I call to my handy man he look and he say this is sear warranty is the compressor they have to change it from this day I have 3 technician coming looking and each one of them cannot solve the problem. well my daughter have 3 kids she have to use refrigerator for her m.l.s shuts
    every time you call to sears the give you a deferent date different technician we are seek and tire Kenmore company you repletion now is zero because of sears and dear customer don't buy from sears there warranty are no no no good there technician are "clowns" they are no technician they don't no to do noting

lessen dot buy problem go to anther applicants store

• Me
    Melissa Shawver Jul 12, 2019

My mother-in-law is going through an absolute nightmare with Sears right now. She bought a new refrigerator from them about a year or so ago, and paid for an extended warranty on it. It stopped working sometime around the end of June. She called, the first repair appointment was a no-show, so she called again and finally got a repairman out. He looked at the fridge, said there was nothing wrong with it and if there was he couldn't find it, and left. Not sure if he was insane or what, but the fridge and freezer were WARM inside. All her food had to be tossed. She starts calling them again. Takes FOUR days for her to finally reach someone; according to her she'd be put on hold for hours at a time until she gave up. This time they tell her it'll be ten more days before someone can come out. Ten days. At that point, she'll have gone two and a half weeks with no fridge. This is an elderly lady who doesn't drive and can't go to the store every day for ice and perishables. She had a cooler on the kitchen counter and my husband had to go to the store every single morning to buy a bag of ice for her, and something to eat. It was like a tailgate party, but no fun at all. She finally breaks down and buys a little mini fridge so that we aren't having to constantly bring her ice and food. The ten days go by, and...you guessed it, no call, no show again. My husband calls them yet again. This time they assure us that she's 'priority' and they'll have someone out the next day for sure. Guess what? Yep, no show yet again! It's now three weeks and three no-shows for repair calls. I keep trying to convince her just to consider it a lesson learned and call an appliance repair shop to come fix it and forget Sears and the useless warranty. She instead wants us to take her to the local Sears where she bought it and try to return the fridge for a refund. I'm sure they'll send her packing, but it would be nice if they would at least refund the $400 she paid for the useless warranty on it so she could pay to have someone else come fix it. I feel kind of like Sears is ghosting us or something.

• De
    Deana Metzger Jun 17, 2019

I'm dealing with the same thing for a Father Day gift bought online at Sears and trying to return because it was the wrong one. They are giving me the run around, Customer Service Takes Over 45 min's to just hang up on you and say Call back at a later time, they will not pick up Phone. I hate the online Chat but did it and they said they will send a return Label twice now but haven't. I have the Chat Logs and I'm going to call there Head Quarters and Close my account and I'm going to turn them into BBB because of the Customer service is horrible I would suggest you all do the same that haven't. I have been a customer of theres for 30 + yesrs everything appliance in my house and outside my house has been bought through Sears but I don't know what has happened to this company but they have lost a loyal costumer. Deana Metzger.

• Ki
    Kimck2513 Jun 03, 2019

We’re extremely frustrated with the way Sears Home Services is currently handling our service call for our refrigerator that’s stopped working. We placed our initial service call back in April and we’re still waiting for our refrigerator to be repaired.

Two weeks after initial service call the technician shows up and after 30 minutes, says new parts need to be ordered and he’ll have to come back.

Next appointment is scheduled for another two weeks out.

Parts show up within the week. Same technician from previous visit shows up another week later – and declares the wrong parts were shipped. Reordering for parts and next appointment is scheduled for one week out.

Parts show up within the week and a different technician now shows up for the appointment. Takes about 10 minutes before she tells us the ordered parts are wrong -!

At this point I’m looking around to see if I’m being pranked. “Correct” parts is ordered by this technician and next appointment is scheduled for 10 days out.

Again, parts show up and now we have the original technician back for the appointment. 10 minutes later….. I bet you can guess what happens next!

We’ve just received another shipment of parts and waiting for the technician to show up for our appointment next week.

It’s now the first of June and we’re still without a working refrigerator.

Attempts at escalating to management has been unsuccessful. Speaking with the complaint department proved to be useless.

We’ve been long time customers of Sears, as well as renewing our Sears Home Services agreement several times over.

We will never, never, never purchase anything from Sears again.

• Bo
    Bonnie M. Brooks Apr 21, 2019

I too have been a customer of Sears for over 40 years. My father used to take me to Sears and always told me this is where the best tools, washers and dyers are to be bought. I have always had a Kenmore ever since. On April 19, 2019 was the first time I have had the worst service. I purchased the bundle for washer and dryer maintenance service. They gave me a window of 10am to 2pm. The tech finally showed up at 4pm. He then informed me the only thing he was going to do was vacuum out the lint catcher on my dryer and run a cycle on my washing machine. I should him the website https://repair.searshomeservices.com/maintain_clean?sid=HSRxEm8888203342&utm_source=promo&utm_medium=em&utm_campaign=hsr-mnt&bxid=[protected] and told him he was supposed to clean both appliances. He did take the front off the dyer and vacuum and them pulled it out to vacuum behind the dyer after I told him what he needed to do. He never touched the washer. He ran a cycle on the washer and said it was working fine. I asked him if he was going to clean anything and he stated he was a refrigerator repair tech and this was not his job. Then he wanted to charge me extra because someone put the order in incorrectly. I have all the emails where they had to cancel and reconfirm the appointment. He charged me for cleaning the washer when he did nothing. Pictures attached show the condition he left the washer in when he left.

Comments

mabco Jan 22, 2019

Took the words right out of my mouth, never again will I purchase anything from sears.
    I remodeled my kitchen 3 years ago, bought all new appliances from sears. fridge has had to be serviced three times. dishwasher once. my fridge stopped working 1-31-18 holiday could not come out till a week later tech supposed to arrive between 12-4 I waited all day never showed. rescheduled it for a week later tech showed up 30 minutes later says it is the compressor good news! parts are covered under warranty but labor will be 400.00 & a 3 hour job I do not have time today to do it, rescheduled again next week. (3 weeks later) tech supposed to come out again 12-4 Saturday never showed I chatted three times with the app 3 different people kept delaying the time of arrival at 6 said oh your appointment has been rescheduled again. husband took off work to wait for tech. we will see of he shows this time.
    thank god for my basement old fridge still working compared to my 2300.00 door stop that had to repaired three times in four years.
    only got an apology. worst customer service there is a reason they are going out of business.

• El
    Elaine Imp Dec 03, 2018

Sadly, I have to add my very negative experience to all of those previously posted. Sears Repair Service dropped the ball from everything to scheduled appointment time through to not diagnosing the problem with my refrigerator and leaving my home while it was still not functioning properly but reporting that it was "working good". To make matters worse, I have had no response to my calls for a return visit. The only area in which Sears Repair Service succeeded was in taking my check for $90, but doing nothing to earn it.

Paul R. Jones Oct 20, 2018

Sears is the worst company I have ever dealt with. incompetent repair techs, poor customer service, and a call center that does not understand English. Very disappointing. I will never buy any more Sears products from their stores or the website. They need to go out of business soon.

• Du
    DugS Aug 31, 2018

My complaint is about a specific event, and, the excruciating painful lack of communication between the service department and their technician/dispatch. The long time it takes to order a part. The lengthy wait time for the technician to come and do the repair. Our two year old Kenmore Pro ($2, 900.00) refrigerator stopped cooling. An acquaintance of mine who is a professional repairman helped me diagnose the problem, but unfortunately would not do the repair because of the continued problems with my unit. So, knowing what the problem was the compressor, I called Sears because the compressor has a 10 year warranty, and arranged for the technician to visit and re-diagnose the problem. I let them know that I already had that done but they said it had to be done. After setting up the appointment, I contacted customer service by phone to ask if the technician would have my parts on his truck so the repair could be completed without having to set up additional appointment and having to take time off of work. Customer service said, "he will have all the necessary parts on his truck to repair your refrigerator". I have a print out of the transcript. I also called and spoke to another customer service person to make sure, they said they would contact dispatch to confirm. The technician arrives, no idea what is going on. No communication. No part. No repair. And he was late. At this point we've been without a refrigerator about a week. The technician informed me that they couldn't get the part and repair it for 10 days. 10 days!!! Do they need more techs on the road? I can get a technician out in a few days and he'd be done. All attempts to have customer service expedite shipping when nowhere. Just get on the wait train and suffer like everyone else. It doesn't matter what customer service said. This is the way it is. They spent more time and energy trying to get me to purchase a home appliance warranty then fix my problem. We have guests coming to stay at our house on top of it, no refrigerator. All the surveys they send me promise that they want to take care of MY needs, and what can they do to improve. Here's an idea. Don't outsource your customer service to another country that tells you what you want to hear. And has no effect on the service, repair, or time frame. They are just there to absorb and placate. Have customer service communication with the technician. And don't tell me they can't tell me when my part with ship, just wait 7-10 days for it to show up, when I can go on searspartsdirect.com and find out the same information. Customer service and repair services are set up for the benefit and convenience of the company. Not the customer. I will think long and hard the next time I will purchase anything from sears again, or, call them for service.

• Lu
    Luke n Carole Aug 13, 2018

I can truly understand why Sears is about to go under. I have read many of these complaints and am amazed to find they are similar to my situation - sounds like the problem is with the technicians. When they don't do something they are supposed to do, they lie about it. We have just about the same situation with our Kenmore refrigerator that we bought in 2004. We have kept it under warranty since we bought it and now that it needs to be repaired, no luck. It has been sitting here since late May. Don't know what else to do to get it fixed. We have finally resorted to getting a new one, which came from Home Depot. For at least 60 years, my family has bought all appliances from Sears, but this kind of ridiculousness only affected us now. If Sears would put their people in the U.S. to take these calls, I believe that would make a great difference because I can hardly understand what they say; that is very frustrating. Well, I have gotten this out of my system and I feel better. Good Luck to all of us in waiting, and I hope that others will read some of these reviews and will not give Sears any of their business.

• Lh
    LHZ Jul 28, 2018

I purchased a Kenmore stove as well as a refrigerator, did not have issues with the stove however the refrigerator’s water and ice function did not work from day of deliver, April 2018. As I was not able to take off from work to schedule a repair I was told they wouldn’t replace the refrigerator and I needed to call for repair within 5 days of delivery. I have had 2 repair visits we no resolution, and it’s now July 28th, my last visit I was told they ordered the wrong part and will have to schedule another visit. Meantime i’ve had to purchase water and ice as both functions are not working, not I need to burn more time from work, I remember when Sears was a reputable brand, not happy,

• Je
    Jeff Emmert Jun 11, 2018

Here is my COMPLAINT from Hudson Illinois, We purchased a washer less than 3 years ago and also purchased an extended 5 year warranty.

The 4th week of April the washer stopped spinning the water out.

May 3rd Sears Tech arrives and he requested a motor and computer board to fix washer. Sears warranty company would only approve motor.

May 11th rebuilt motor installed and found it needed a agitator shaft. Still NO working washer !!

May 17th agitator shaft replaced washer appeared to be fixed. until later that night washer would not spin waster out. NO working washer !!

May 18th, Tech returns and says rebuilt motor is faulty. NO working washer !!

May 25th, Second rebuilt motor installed, washer appears to work. May 30th washer stops spinning water out.
    tech contacted and he was to order computer board that was denied on MAY 3rd. NO working washer !!

June 11th, its 5:33 pm and still waiting on tech to arrive to replace the computer board. This board just arrived an hour ago by UPS. ALL of this, is with a SEARS warranty...

We have not had a working washer since the 4th week of APRIL...it's June 11th. the warranty company offered a $50 gift card for our troubles. I was told by a warranty rep salesman that this gift card should of been issued after the first time not repaired. They won't send because I would not verbally accept the worthless gesture. They wanted me to ask for the gift card. The warranty company has a policy, that states the appliance will be replaced after 4 occurrences in a years time. But these 6 trips are all considered ONE occurrence because they have never FIXED the washer. I have called the warranty company and received NO satisfaction. I've been into store twice. Manager sent to Escalation and requested help from Corporate. He said they would call with in 24-48 hours. that was on May 22nd and still NO call. 47 days without a working washer that is under warranty. Big disappointment from a company that I've been loyal to for 27 years of owning a home. Each of these scheduled repairs (6) we have had to be available for at least 4 hours waiting for them to show up, and hauling laundry for 4 people for 7 weeks and they want to give A $50 gift card. Warranty company ask if I wanted to see if they could extend warranty for our troubles. I still have over 2 years left on the warranty as it is !! Yes I would like to speak to someone that can explain this poor service.. I will be waiting for a response [email protected] my name is Jeff E.

• Pe
    Pennyy May 17, 2018

We have always had good customer service experiences with Sears until now. The ice maker in our under two year old refrigerator just suddenly stopped making ice. We called for repair service and my husband was talked into buying a warranty, once they had credit card number in hand, he was told that there would be the initial charge of $129.00 and another 40.00 per month, how outrageous to assume we would be fine with paying over 480.00 per year for a warranty. The sad part is charging out card then disclosing all the information, of course we cancelled immediately and were told that the refund to our card would take 5 to 7 days. All I can say is shame on you Sears, how times and customer service has changed, no wonder your company has suffered and will continue to until it is no more.

• Dh
    DHh-Hhd Mar 02, 2018

Omg I am having the exact same issue here with my washer... I’ve had 3 appointment and the second tech never come back to get it fixed. Third one came and asked me to pay to order the part which I did and haven’t heard back from him... I’m very upset because it’s winter time and we need to do laundry !!! If they don’t come Monday I will file a complaint to BBB and here

• Ca
    Camilla williams Oct 25, 2017

had an appointment with technician today from 8:00 am until noon. waited until 11:55am called customer service who stated that the technician came around 8:oo am which was a lie because 3 of us was here until 8:45am. I stayed all day. customer service said someone will revisited me this afternoon. I stated you can't revisited if never visited, . so okay I waited until 3:55 pm - called again. stated same thing they will come this afternoon. it is 4:30pm - no call or visit. reminder I rescheduled my whole day waiting for someone to show. no call no visit. my Kenmore side by side refrigerator is only 5 yrs old. I need to know what option I have. all my food is now ruined.

Sandra2 Oct 22, 2017

We purchased a Kenmore 30" Double Wall Oven on 8/23/17. It was installed on 8/25/17. As the installer was finishing the installation he said the wrong part by included with the oven and he would get the correct part. He called the next day and said Sears was going to replace the entire oven rather than just the part. Sounds good, right? Two days later on 8/27/17 our home was flooded by hurricane Harvey. (10 inches of water did not affect the wall oven) Our cabinets, sheetrock, flooring, etc. all had to be removed and it will be 4-5 months before we are back in our house. I talked to the installer who said no problem, have the contractor take the oven out and sit it in the garage. He said he could pick it up but then someone at Sears told him he was not allowed to pick it up. I started calling customer service 9/11/17 and as of 10/22/17 there has been no resolution. I want to return the DEFECTIVE oven. Sears "return policy" clearly states you can return a product if you are unhappy with it, plus if it is defective there is no charge for pickup, installation, etc. However, customer service (in the Philippines) has given us nothing but double talk. Always they will call back in 24-48 hours to schedule the pickup. Then the next time you call because you haven't heard from them you get the same run around after talking, being put on hold, talking some more, being put on hold, always on the phone each call around 30-40 minutes. Each time being told they will call back within 24-48 hours to schedule a pick up. Now their position is it has been more than 30 days!!! The return process was started well within the 30 day return policy period. Even if you try to call the corporate office you get someone in the Philippines! We went to the store and talked to the manager and was told their hands are tied. Corporate will not let them do anything to resolve the problem. WE WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS AGAIN. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE! IT IS CUSTOMER ABUSE! I DO NOT INTENT ON PAYING FOR A DEFECTIVE OVEN. I have filed a disputed charge with Sears Citicard. This whole experience has been a nightmare. We are seniors in our 70's. After all the stress of having our home flooded, no place to live, losing all our furniture and then being treated with such disregard by Sears is a lot to take. I understand why they are going out of business. I have bought my appliances from Sears all of my adult life. Years ago Sears stood behind their products and honored the return policy.

• Ri
    Rimgdg Jul 18, 2017

I agree with you all Sears Service is very bad, and need real serious uproot changes. Otherwise, it is on the downhill side of the business.

• Ju
    julie2017 May 09, 2017

Why is Sears still in business the way they treated their customers? They charged me $69 delivery fees while I found out later Lowes has free delivery for my washer and dryer! I regret I trusted Sears too much and now I woke up and will never buy any products any service from Sears!

• Ju
    julie2017 May 09, 2017

I and all my friends will never ever use Sears Appliance Service technicians in ouyr life time!!! Some times we thought Sears is famous brand business but it was long long time ago!. Sears today is much worse than any other businesses. Their technicians are salesmen not technicians.

• Ci
    Cindy Phelps Tindle Aug 25, 2016

Count me in! Will not purchase from Sears again! Too long to go into, but when you spend over $9000.00 for a new furnace and air conditioner, a person wouldn't expect it to leak in their floor!

• Il
    Ilaria De Marchi Jul 21, 2016

The only thing that makes feel e little better (if we want to put it this way) is that I am NOT the only one to have experienced the awful Sears repair service! I was gonna write my own review but is so similar to this one that is not even worthy of repeating it. Just a suggestion: stay away from Sears!

• I called sears repair department for price estimate on washer repair service before making appointment, and they told me the price would be $150 and it is the high end of average price on sears washer fee also. When the service person come, they asked for $295, which is double price as their estimate. If you decide not fix it, they will charge $79. The part sold in sears web site is $103 and they charged me $183, which is such a big difference.

• Mi
    Michael J. Viveiros Feb 22, 2016

Called Sears Home services to repair the Ice Maker( no ice ) in my Amana Refrigerator.I made this choice because Sears was offering a 20% discount coupon .

Well ( 2 ) technicians arrived at my home to evaluate my Ice maker after a series of continuity checks, and checking water line and power, they determined that the Ice maker motor was defective. I told them that was odd because I had replaced this Ice maker 2 years ago and asked them why this could happen. They said these Ice makers could be anything. I was charged 252.29 which included the $ 95 visit to evaluate the problem, a replacement motor, and installation.

Well after ( 2 ) days no ice cubes . Called them back ...when they came they said that's odd checked it out and and said the replacement motor was also bad. I said could it have been a bad motor...? they said no it was ok when they left it could be a solenoid or it could be anything and it would cost me an additional $71 which would bring the cost over $300 for a little Ice maker to replace solenoid and that's no guarantee it will fix it, I said why ..?

you trouble shot said it was a motor, because you didn't find the root of the problem it's now more money ...? I said where is the guarantee on your work it's been ( 2 ) days I said well let's see the solenoid & see if its defective ...they said customer would have to move the refrigerator out from the wall. that's when I asked the to leave and refund my money ...less the $95 service call ( I'm still waiting for rebate 10 business days ) So it's going to cost me $ 95, and I have a ice maker that does not work with a bad motor.

Please be careful when you hire Sears I believe these ( 2 ) techs may not have been qualified in refrigeration as one was in training, I think Sears should also refund the $95 charge to visit, they said they could not because I refused the additional charge ( $ 71 ) I told them the way you two are trouble shooting I could buy a new fridge.bottom line DO NOT HIRE SEARS HOME SERVICES

• Ki
    kimba72 Jul 10, 2015

We had an estimate done a few weeks ago for a leaky refridgerator, and paid the $89 fee for the repair person to come out. The $250 quote seemed excessive so we tried to find a decent priced refridgerator from Sears, but could not fine one in our budget. I tried several times to call and speak with someone about an appointment but stayed on hold for over 30 minutes each time. I finally made another online appointment and added in the additional comments section that we have paid the diagnostic fee and would like to have the repair done. I received several automated calls reminding me about the appointment but nothing acknowledging my comments.

I received a call at a few minutes before 2 (the appointment was between 10-2) from a Richard, who refused to give me his last name. He asked me if I was aware of the service charge, which he informed me was now $105. I explained to him about my notation and he told me "that's not how it works. You have to pay again. Why didn't have the repair done when we were out the first time?" This man was extremely rude and talked to me like I was a 5 year old. I couldn't believe it. I told him I didn't want him at my home and that I would call customer service. I called and talked to someone that clearly didn't have a great grasp on the English language, although she was the least rude of all the Americans from Sears I talked to. She offered us $50 off of the visit. I explained to her, as I had explained to Richard with no last name, that the issue was the same and we had paid a diagnostic fee already, and we would not be using Sears for the repair. I called the Sears Holding customer service number, and the "lady" ( I use that term loosely) I spoke with told me to ask for someone who spoke English and immediately sent me back to the main customer service number while I was still talking! I did some research and called the number for Mr. Lampert's office. I asked to speak to Mr. Lampert and was asked who I was. When I said a customer who has been dealing with awful customer service, she rudely informed me she had no access to Mr. Lampert's office. Strange she had to find out who I was before she realized she had no access. When I brought this up, she YELLED at me, said she knew what she was talking about and told me not to call her a liar (which I didn't)...I was then transferred to a random voicemail.

I am going right on social media and review websites to share my experience, in hopes that Sears will take notice, perhaps by a drop in business, and mandate better treatment of their customers.

Chris385u58ynm4 Jun 05, 2014

I wish that I had read all of these complaints before I purchased a dryer from Sears. There have been four deliveries scheduled and each time, no one shows up. No one calls. It's extremely frustrating to take four whole days off work only to sit and wait all day for nothing. Each time a delivery failed, I would call the 800 number and wait for 15 minutes or so to talk with someone who could do absolutely nothing to assist me. After the last call, I cancelled the order and demanded a refund. I was told that I would receive a refund within 7 to 10 days. Guess what?

The problem with Sears is that the senior management actually listened to the IT department, who assured them that they could turn the company around by investing in technology. Now, the sales associates in the stores all carry around tablet computers that they can't operate, hopelessly twiddling with the devices while the customer walks out the door. Customer service is automated and completely toothless, unable to do, say or attempt to actually fix any problems. Their systems do not communicate with one another. There is no accountability with any of the employees between departments and no managers who can step in and resolve problems. Sears has completely forgotten the fact that their customers are actual human beings, not consumer units. Listen to your salesmen, folks, not your computer geeks. Those guys know nothing about customer service. Until the company finds a way for managers to make exceptions and bypass their massively inflexible systems, they are going to continue to frustrate and lose their customers. I know I'll never shop there again...

• 19
    1958Debs May 27, 2014

We have had two appointments blown off by their techs in less than a month. The first time they claimed the tech called in sick and there were no other techs, which turned out to be a big fat lie as the one that finally came out stated that no one had recently called in sick and there were several techs. This morning it was just a big mess. They had us waiting all morning, told us to wait until 11:30 am and then called 15 minutes after that and told us he had a family emergency and was, once again, the only tech. Lodged a complaint with their call site, who told us they have no way of fixing this mess. Who could blame them, as they are only under paid call site employees in India(Yes, "Henry" I could tell your Calcutta accent). They made another appointment for us Friday, 1:00 pm-5;00 pm. If they're a no show, we lodging a compliant wit the BBB.

• Sh
    SHobbs May 23, 2014

Sears is absolutely the worst Auto mechanic experience that I have ever had. I would think that with the number of years the company has been in business, the previous and past reputation would superseded them. To my disappointment, it would be better to get your car worked on by a "shade tree" mechanic! I have been given the run around since March 7, 2014 for the first time I took my car to Sears for the initial problem I had with my car. The so called Customer Relations, Customer Solutions department is a absolute joke and all of the representatives need to return to beginners Customer Service 101 Skills training to learn how to de-escalate an already disgruntled customer. I hate SEARS and will never shop there for anything based on this experience. I was refused the phone number to the CEO and was told that the own employees of Sears do not have access to Eddie Lampley the CEO of Sears nor his secretary. I wonder if it is because of the number of complaints and number of people trying to reach him? U

• De
    DeeMelodee May 09, 2014

I wish I had read all these comments as well prior to using Sears Appliance Service. Looking at the dates of the posts, Sears has not gotten its act together to fix their problems. I can't believe they are still in business. How can they be so busy and have such a long lead time for appointments if their record is so bad? My problems with Sears are for April-May 2014. I called them to fix my Frigidaire dishwasher which I didn't buy from them but was listed on their website that they fix. I did get an appointment for a week later on April 24 but could not be home that day so my brother let the repair person in. FYI, they don't give time slots like morning or afternoon any more. They give an 8 am to 5 pm time on any given week day. They didn't have the part which to me would be a very common part so he had to leave to get it. Then he said he couldn't turn the water off at the dishwasher because the knob was rusted and he wouldn't turn the water off to the house for "safety" reasons. He wouldn't wait for my brother to call my uncle who could have fixed it. He made my brother pay and said I would have to call to make another appointment after the knob was fixed. My uncle came that day and fixed the knob. When I called Sears to make another appointment they said the appointment was already set. They had not let me know and I didn't have anyone 18 or older who could be there that day to let them in. We finally found an appointment on May 6. Again I couldn't be there (who can take a whole day off from work every single time to let in these repair people?) My dad came over to let him in. He did fix the dishwasher (installed a new pump) but when he re-installed the dishwasher it sat 2 inches below the counter and stuck out an inch from the cabinets. Previously it had been installed flush to the cabinets and right under the counter. I tried to avoid calling them again and figure out how to make it look better but it just didn't sit well with me such a shabby job. So I called again on May 9. I had to call 3 times, was put on hold for a total of 40 minutes, and spoke with 2 supervisors. The soonest date they could give me was May 19. I said I needed to have it fixed sooner as my house is up for sale and I need to have it looking its best for showing. I demanded that they pay for another company to send someone out but they refused. They did keep apologizing but that really wasn't a solution to the problem. Oh, and the person I spoke with on the phone had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to purchase Sears warranty on my appliances. And another indication of their ineptitude is that they didn't have a record of me paying the bill but I have a receipt that shows I paid via credit card. So, no, I will never use Sears Service again. I posted on my FB not to use it. And now I'm posting here not to use it. I will try writing to the CEO but at this point I expect nothing. I just want to warn other people.

• Ro
    RobertaLOgden Feb 15, 2013

Sears Repair Service is a joke! Too long for all details but I have missed 3 days work and been told my technician is sick twice. SORRY, SORRY CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
    I was contacted by phone and given a direct contact person (Robert) to help resolve this issue. However to update my nightmare, I was "stood up" again yesterday, Sears called at 12:30 to cancel on my 3rd service call. They rescheduled for FOUR weeks later. That would be a total of TEN weeks! As nice as all the customer service people are, they have no control over SEARS and the TERRIBLE customer service environment in which they work. On the up side, I fixed my problem by calling a REAL repair service - A Affordable Appliance.

• Ei
    Eileen Wilson Dec 11, 2012

I can't believe these people! They are absolute idiots! Sears that is! I can completely repeat these stories! And I am now sitting at home at 1:00 PM waiting for my guaranteed noon appt. The serviceman is 2 hours away from my location! I am now on my second day off of work waiting for the Sears repairman. They are giving me a discount that is not even 1/3 of my lost wages. I am now waiting for a supervisor to call me back. They said 15 minutes. I asked 15 minutes in what week? They said today. Well an hour later and still no call from their "stuperviser". I have cancelled appointments. I am afraid to take a shower or get dressed for fear I will miss a phone call. I will never, ever purchase so much as a toothpick from Sears. I'm going to talk with my attorney regarding my lost wages while waiting on the "Sears guarantees". I do not care if their technicians are overbooked. I do not care who they are helping. They promised me I would be the first call of the day. Hmmmm... What time do their technicians start their day?! If they are overbooking technicians then they are doing better than most companies in this economy and need to do some more hiring! There is absolutely no excuse!!! Not any apology can ever compensate for their incompetence.

Nolacarol Nov 07, 2012

We recently contacted Sears to repair a washing machine. The first repair visit was 9/8/2012. Shortly after the repairman left, I discovered that the machine was having the same problem so I called to make another appointment and was told the next available appointment was over 2 weeks away. I found an earlier appointment on-line, but was told that I would have to pay again if I scheduled the earlier appointment. After going back and forth with the "customer service" rep I finally got the earlier appointment and was told to just show the guy my receipt. After the 2nd visit on 9/18/12 the machine was still broken and I had missed a 1/2 day of work. The next available appointment was 10/5. We spent a lot of time on the phone trying to get an earlier appointment since we had now been without a working washer for a month. At the 3rd visit we were told we needed another part and so we paid $147 for the part and the repairman said he would be back on 10/17. When he arrived on 10/17 he discovered the part was not needed after all. He completed a part return order and said we would receive a refund check in the mail in approximately 5-7 days. 14 days later I called Sears to check on the refund and was disconnected twice. I finally emailed them and received a response within 24 hours asking me to call and provide my credit card number. Once I did this I was told it would take 7-10 business days to process. So it took Sears 4 visits and almost 2 months to fix my machine and they unnecessarily charged me $147 and kept that money for a month and a half. Every step along the way felt like a battle. I was so tired of hearing the reps read their standard monotone statements of "concern" for my problem. I will not make the mistake of dealing with Sears in the future. I can't believe they are still in business with such a poor record of customer support.

SEARS EXEC EMAIL ADDRESSES Oct 25, 2012

Here are the emails and the exec phone for the big wigs at Sears! let them know how you feel over and over...maybe they will realize they have a problem?

Louis J. D'Ambrosio, CEO/ President ld’[email protected]

William K. Phelan, Vice President, Finance [email protected]
    Robert A. Riecker, Vice President, [email protected]

Sears Executive OfficeTelephone [protected]

Sears -Never Again Oct 22, 2012

Wish I had looked at this web site before calling Sears service for a washer repair! NO customer service when they screw up!

Called 10/6 with a broken washer. First available appointment 10/12. He had to order a part. First available return appointment 10/19. The repairman did not show up. When I called 10/20, I was told that the next available appointment was November 1 and they had no ability to give me a sooner date even though it was their error. I had to go to the back of the line. "sorry"

I got transferred up one level. Same story. Anyone higher up who could help? "You can call or write corporate, but it won't do any good"

Well, they were right about that. Same story at "corporate". It is completely unacceptable to send someone to the back of the line when Sears doesn't show up at the appointed time.

• Ag
    agnes_a Aug 14, 2011

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

This is an official complaint and request for escalation of an ongoing problem regarding a repair service call we are encountering with Sears since June of this year (2011). At this time we are very dissatisfied and upset with the entire process which we'd normally expect to be seamless and reasonably quick.

Problem:
    Unable to light the stove regularly. Attempts to light the stove are made repeatedly, however, the starter does not light the stove top. It could take as much as 20 minutes to have success, often requiring using an external lighter. Once one of the burners lights up, it continues to work for some time - so if you turn it off and then back on quickly, it will most likely work again. However, if you leave the stove untouched for a day and try the next day you may be struggling for another 20 minutes before it lights up. So, the problem is intermittent, depending upon when you are observing it.

1) In June 2011 a repair service call was made with the home warranty: Buyers Protection Group

2) Sears was assigned to make the repair, based on the type of appliance

3) Sears appointment was very delayed, however, an appointment was confirmed for a technician for July, 20th. We were patient and understanding regarding this delay.

4) The Sears technician (which we later learned was with a Sears sub-contractor A&E, Technician ID# 0098178) came out to do the repair. He reproduced the problem, diagnosed it as something that would repair new parts. We were informed that he would order the parts after which a Sears technician will come out again to finish the repair. The $60 call fee was paid.

5) There was a significant delay in the parts being shipped. We had to contact Sears back regarding this and were informed that Sears was having trouble locating the parts. After much delay, two parts were shipped to us on different dates.

6) Sears was called back to schedule a second technician to come out to replace the parts. This appointment was confirmed for August 13th.

7) On August 13th, Technician ID# 773473 came out to finish the repair which we had now been waiting on almost two months very patiently.

8) Upon arrival, the second technician lighted the stove and it lighted up. He stated that because the stove lighted up, he cannot replace the parts. We explained that the stove's failure is intermittent and unpredictable. Sometimes it does light up, especially if it had been lit recently. The first Sears technician on July 20th had already reproduced and diagnosed the problem, ordered the parts and put an action plan in place. This call was to make the repair and complete the action plan the first Sears technician had put in place. The technician, however, refused to make the repair since the stove lit up. Essentially, the problem identification, diagnosis and action plan put in place by the previous technician was invalidated. The explanation provided by us, the customer, were not heard. This was very disappointing and to us seemed completely unnecessary, given that we had been waiting nearly 2 months for this repair to be completed. There seems to be a problem here with the second technician having no history on the repair service call, and no information from the first technician. This seems to us like an internal Sears problem that needs to be addressed internally. However, the customer is at the losing end here and at the mercy of the process. The stove is still not repaired, which is all we care about.

9) We called back the Customer Resolution line at Sears, who we had spoken to in the past as well while waiting on the parts. Sears employee, Alicia (ID# 300050) spoke to us. We had to provide the phone number of the technician to Alicia for her to help provide history to the technician and make the repair. However, Alicia repeated whatever the second technician was stating over and over again without any type of resolution:
    - We were informed that the first technician did not get authorization for the parts when they were ordered (Sears - Sorry, but this is not our problem. It looks like there is process violation on your side here. The parts were ordered and they arrived at our door, albeit after a very lengthy delay. How can you allow parts to be shipped without authorization, who paid for these parts etc. are your internal processes. We paid the service call fee the first time. Per the notes, the first technician apparently could not hold on long enough to get authorization. Again, this is a Sears process issue)
    - Moreover, the second technician closed the case without our agreement, since he could not find authorization from the warranty company (what prevented him from calling the warranty again? His tone was extremely unprofessional and it seemed like he just did not want to get the job done. I am not sure how Sears allows the technicians to close a case when, from it appears some procedures were not followed. So, instead of fixing the issue, the case was just closed. Perhaps, this should have been sorted out internally by Sears, instead of a very unprofessional visit for the customer. The stove is still not fixed.)

10) We asked Alicia to look into this further and for Sears to figure out the solution to the problem we feel they created. Instead we were informed about the whole process of Sears and A&E subcontractors. We spent an hour on the phone pretty upset for all the inconveniences we encountered and all we got was procedural stories instead of fixes to the problems.

11) We asked for Alicia's manager to help get to a resolution, and she said that there is no manager one can call or complain to. We were told to call back the same number, if we get her again to hang up until we get someone else and state complaint on the call.

12) The only solution we were told is for us to call our warranty company again and create a new service order to restart the entire process. She said that since the second technician closed the service order nothing can be done about it and that Sears cannot reopen it nor create a new one. We asked her to call our Warranty and work it out with them directly. We just do not understand why we as customers have to be involved with all the procedural problems, we feel Sears created. She said that cannot be done.

Basically we see disagreements and incompetence with Sears technicians, Sears process and the escalation line wich does nothing to help the customer.
    We would appreciate resolution to this problem as soon as possible to get the stove fixed.

We would just like the stove repaired as soon as possible. We will appreciate a prompt response on behalf of Sears.

• Lo
    Lou Goddard Jul 14, 2011

How can so many Sears cusotmers have the same problems..!! Getting service. Our AC unit stopped working June 28, 2011. They were so booked our appointment had to be set for July 14, 2011. between 8-12. No show so about 12:30 we called. Sears did not even show that we had a service call and they made another appointment for July 26, 2011 between 8-12.
    Well, that set me on fire. Got on the phone and finally got someone to admit they were wrong, yes, they understood we were in the middle of a heat wave, 101 degrees yesterday, and he would have the service guy out tomorrow AM between 8-12. Everyone knows this person will not "FIX" our AC. He will check it out and order parts, which may be here in 2 weeks.
    M y husband has had a Sears CC since he was 18...52 years now. As far as we both are concerned their service has finally reached the bottom of "the service repair pit" and it will never recover.