Sears Rebate Center — no response from rebate center
I purchased a Kenmore clothes driyer from my local Sears store Mach 31, 2009. Unfortunately I was under the gun to make the purchase quickly. My old dryer had just broken down and I was booked for a flight out of town the next morning. With an older son at home, I needed to have a new dryer purchased and delivered as quickly as possible.
I went to Sears. The salesman made delivered a good line and included the fact that this purchases would include "free delivery and pickup of the old machine." Sold! When he wrote up the sale, however, he informed me that I would have to pay $75.00 up front for the delivery, then Sears would send me a $75.00 rebate. Normally I would have walked out of the store when he gave me this information. However, I was pressed for time, so I took the lousy deal - knowing full well that this could be risky and that Sears would be holding my money for a period of time.
The day I returned from my trip, I filled out the rebate form, made copies of the store receipts and attached them to the form. I mailed this via Priority Mail from the local post office to ensure that it would be delivered without a hitch. After 4 weeks I went online to the Rebate Center to check the status of the rebate. The screen I saw was a little confusing. It looked like the Rebate Center had no recored of my receipts. I then entered the data on online form provided and also sent an e-mail message asking for an explanation. Two weeks later I have heard no response from the Rebate Center. I just went back online to check the status of my rebate, and I have found the same confusing message. I again re-entered all the receipt data and again I have sent a message asking for a simple explanation regarding the status of my $75.00 rebate.
At this point, and based on what I have read in this website, I doubt that I will ever see the $75.00. I am through shopping at Sears!!!
More Sears Rebate Center Complaints & Reviews
- Sears - customer service department
- Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product!
- Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company!
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly
- Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly
- Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed
- Sears - problems with restocking fee
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund