Searspoor customer service

Dear sears

My name is shanika case# 6012378. I am appalled by the lack of customer service at sears from the local store to the representatives over the phone and managers from the executive office. I spoke to a case manager by the name of ikhlvs mirza who for starters barely speaks english. He is the rudest person i've spoken to in the last month from sears. This case manager not only falsified his remarks in regards to my dealings with the 3 technicians that came out to my house and left me with broken appliances still and tried to persuade me to pay for services that weren't rendered. He also bluntly told me that my service wasn't important and that he has better things to do. I spoke to a supervisor by the name alicia who promised she would call me back and now she is unavailable at all times. Now they are giving me more of a run around. Voice mails... "she's not available right now"... " just the worst ever! I bought a full high end (Supposedly) laundry appliances less than a year ago and is still under the manufacture warranty as well as the extended service plan. The appliances were over $2, 000 was all kenmore. It has taken sears so far over 4 weeks and I still do not have a repaired washer and dryer. I’ve spent hours on the phone with them trying to get a simple repair. I was promised numerous times that someone would call me back within a certain amount of time and not once did they ever do so. They are the most incompetent people ever. First they sent a repair guy out and he couldn't even figure out how to turn the washer and dryer on to see if it worked. After I showed him how to do that, he said 'yes, washer and dryer doesn't work". He said he had to order parts and that I would have to pay for them and the travel expense. I declined not to order the parts due to the fact washer/dryer is covered under warranty, the technician became angry and demanding I had ask the gentlemen to leave. After many more hours, (I'm serious about that, hours!!) of phone calls and unfulfilled promises later to the national headquarters and i’m still without working appliances. I feel that i’ve made a legitimate complaint to sears about the conduct of a sears employees via phone and that was dispatched to my home to perform maintenance on my washer and dryer and they still display lack of responsiveness and lack of accountability.

RESOLVED

• Sears's response · Apr 23, 2010

Dear ODB,

First, I would like to apologize that we were not able to get you taken care of in a timely manner at your local Automotive Center. As a consumer myself, time and money are a top priority today. Here at Sears we do value you as a customer and would like the chance to speak to about your experience and get your feedback to pass on to the Automotive Centers. My name is Shayne and I work for the Sears Cares Escalations Team and we are here for assistance. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so that we can further discuss your concerns. Please provide us a contact number and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (ODB) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Shayne W.
    Senior Case Manager
    Sears Cares

• Sears's response · May 11, 2011

bama0521,

I'm very sorry to hear that your purchase and delivery has not gone as you expected. Putting myself in your shoes I would not blame you for being upset. My name is Brian H. with Sears Cares and I would like to help. I would like to get you in touch with one of our personal case managers who will assist you in getting any concerns you have with Sears resolved. At your convenience please contact our office via email at [protected]@searshc.com. Please provide us a contact number and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (bama0521) in the email so we can reference to your case. Again, I'm sorry for any trouble we have caused but we do appreciate any opportunity to help.

Brian H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

• Sears's response · Aug 04, 2011

Dear Poor Customer Service:
    We found this post and I want to reach out and express our concern and our deepest apologies for this situation. We value your business very much and would like to help you. The problems you have encountered with our repair group in regard to your ice maker are completely unacceptable. I can only imagine how frustrated you are with the service team not being able to reschedule your appointment. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at [protected]@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. Please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the ice maker was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (jenbaz/poor customer service) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Rolly May 12, 2008

the glass broke in the door of our Amana oven. (purchased in 1999) We went to Sears to buy a replacement glass and they sold us the whole door and charged us $131. It was to be shipped to our home in one week. That was March 25, 2008. We still don't have any part so we called again (third time) and they say that we need to be patient. So my daughter went online and called Amana who informs us the part is no longer available. Wait a minute - the range is only 9 years old and the parts are already NOT AVAILABLE? So the lady on the phone (who was very nice) suggested we google obsolete parts. We have found nothing and some of the googled companies don't even carry obsolete parts anymore but failed to remove their ads that say they do. I am so frustrated. How can a company stop carrying replacement part after only 9 years of making a product?

AND - Sears finally called back and said they found that the part is unavailable. How long would we have had to wait to find that out from them if we hadn't pushed the issue? Sears is going under for a reason. That's too bad; it used to be a GREAT store.

• Su
    sue Aug 28, 2008

When you call their customer service dept. to schedule service, you are thrown into their national phone pool where the reps cannot help you because they do not know and cannot understand the english language.

Ron Oct 14, 2008

I was online searching for Parts for my Craftsman Lawn Mower that I purchased from Sears. After a lengthy search I finally found a parts direct website. I inputted my parts numbers and was told that I had to phone a customer service person in order to obtain these parts. So I did! This is the part where I start to get frustrated. The number I called was an American number and could not help me. This is after spending over 5 minutes on hold waiting for a person to talk to. She then switched me over to the Canadian version of the waiting game. So there I sat and waited...and waited and waited...and waited. FINALLY a person answered. I was ready to light right into her about the poor customer service but she was very nice and I realized that this poor woman is sitting in a call centre doing her best. So I ordered the parts I needed. But I had a question. I needed to know if the Jackshaft housing came with all the parts, or inards as I like to call them. She did not know. I knew she would not know because who hires persons with knowledge to answer phones about their product anymore. How can a company pay their employees minimum wage if their employees were knowledgeable about their product? I cannot believe the poor customer service we are accustomed to and really just accept the fact that we can stay on hold for an infinite amount of time. If a company is going to advertise a website to order parts from they sure as hell better have such a website to order the parts from. And if a company is going to advertise a parts and service phone number they sure as hell should have someone answering that can at least answer a simple question about the parts and service they are selling. We are far too complacent about everything in this CRAP customer service world we live in. Whatever happened to businesses that wanted our business? Whatever happened to friendly and knowledgeable sales people who wanted to make the sale and have a happy customer that will return again and again. Sears Canada used to be a place to purchase all your household needs from clothing to appliances to tools. Sears Canada used to sell these items to the majority of Canadians because of the high quality of the product and the great customer service that followed the sale. Maybe if Sears Canada had continued with this success many Canadians would still want to purchase their items there.

Marie Feb 20, 2009

Not only can you not understand them, but we were disconnected. No one bothered to return the call. They had our phone number and should have called back. Sears is pathetic for their service.

• Gl
    Glen Feb 24, 2009

This company has been involved in a washing machine repair since Dec 3, 2008. They have ordered more than $800 worth of parts for a machine that would cost me $400 to replace today. I paid $389 for it in Aug of 2005..so this machine is likely worth only $250 today. They have left my home and said that the product was repaired 2x. The customer service department is completely uncooperative.They are not willing to make this case a priority, even thugh they have attempted 5x to repair the machine! I have been with out a machine since Nov 28th. They have offered me no compensation for my time or the cost to outsource my laundry. My home warranty company has approved these charges, otherwise I would have NEVER approved this. My machine is still broken and they have a 6th appointment scheduled for Monday, January 12th. I am not hopeful that it will be repaired.

• Vo
    Von S. Jul 23, 2009

I had an appointment for Monday July 13, 2009 between 8a-12p and received a call from Sears during that time informing me of a scheduling problem and the technician would need to reschedule. I rescheduled the appointment for Friday July 17, 2009 between 8a-12p. No technician showed. Someone was there the entire time.
    I called the national customer service number at [protected] at 1 pm the same day and was referred to the call center that handles the area (I live in Miami). It is called Plantation Customer Service. The number is [protected]. I was told the technician arrived in Miami at 11:20a. I told the person waiting at home to not accept the service if the technician showed because the wait was ridiculous. I called the customer service number again to complain and was told that technician actually had a light day and was then told that he was in a meeting.
    I was then forward to someone I guess was a supervisor. I made a mistake by not recording her name. She told me that Sears would reimburse $150 in labor and $100 in parts and told me that my file number would be my phone number and she would call me later with all of the information. She also told me that I would be rescheduled for Wednesday July 22, 2009 between 8a-12p.
    I called Tuesday July 21, 2009 to verify my appointment was scheduled for Wednesday. The rep told me that all she had in the computer was my last appointment for Friday. Apparently there is no record of anyone doing anything after my Friday call. After calling on Tuesday I received a voice mail later that day informing me of my new appointment. It was not scheduled between 8a-12p as the person said. It was scheduled between 1p-5p.
    I called Sears again on Wednesday July 22, 2009 at [protected] at 915a and the rep (Gabe) confirmed my appointment. I asked who scheduled it and she was unable to do so. I asked because I did not and would not schedule it for that time period. She returned and told me the technician’s supervisor (Olga) rescheduled it. I asked if there was anything in the file stating that I would be reimbursed and she found nothing. I canceled the appointment during that call because I was tired of this.
    This is horrible customer service. I advise you to never use them.

• Ti
    Tim Feb 06, 2010

This is a copy of the letter I sent to Sears customer service which explains the entire story...

I am writing about an experience I have had with sears.com which I can only describe as despicable service at best. I placed an order on sears.com for a queen box spring Jan 23rd, order #[protected]. Before placing the order I called and spoke with a rep and wanted to make sure that the pricing of 75.00 was correct with the box spring. The rep told me that yes it was and she could take the order over the phone or I could place it over the internet. I explained to her I would discuss things with my wife and probably just place the order over the internet and thanked her for her time. A few minutes later I decided to order the box spring. We received an email Wednesday Feb 3rd that the box spring was ready to be picked up. I went to the store Sat Feb 6th to pick up the spring and from here everything unraveled. Shortly after scanning a upc from the email we received from Sears a sears employee from the merchandise dept walked out with part of the box spring. I asked him where the other half was and he explained to me this was all they had. He told they thought the box spring was for a bunkbed and that we would get his team lead. A team lead walked out and asked to see my order slip. I showed her the slip and she explained to me that I would have to discuss this with customer service as the order was filled and there was nothing more she could do for me. I explained to her that this put us in quite a bind as we have been sleeping on a mattress placed directly on slats on our new bed and this is why we ordered the box spring in the first place. The "team lead" recommended that I put a piece of plywood underneath the mattress and suggested the mattress store down the street may have a box spring and that there was "nothing more she could do for me". Throughout the conversation that I had with the team lead never once did she apologize for the confusion, the mistake, the inconvenience, no apology, period. After this I walked over to the customer service desk in the store where I explained the situation to the assistant. This employee was more friendly than the team lead from customer pick up, but explained to me that she couldn't actually issue a refund for the purchase because I payed for the box over the internet. She wrote down an 800 number on my pick up slip and suggested I call the 800 number and they should be able to help me. I called the 800 number while still in the store and after going through a series of menus reached a rep. She explained to me that she would have to contact a supervisor and that she would probably be able to issue a refund but it would take 7-10 business days and informed me to be sure to leave the box spring in the store. Nobody really seemed to understand or appreciate the fact that I was livid and pretty upset at this point as I have been extremely inconvenienced. I went back to the Service desk and asked the associate if I could speak with the store manager as nothing seemed to be getting resolved. About five minutes went by and store manager Aaron walked over and shook my hand and listened to what I had to say. He was quite professional and was surprised at how things had unfolded up to this point. He was surprised the the team lead in customer pick up did not apologize or try to help out more, and told me he wanted to issue an immediate refund and try to still help me get a box spring yet. He issued me a cash refund and walked me over to the bedding dept where he was looking for the bedding dept manager Rita. Rita was not in at the time and Aaron took down my name and number and said he would have Rita call me as soon as she returned and that they wanted to come up with a solution to my problem. He apologized at least 4-5 times as said he could completely understand why I was upset. About 30 minutes after leaving the store I received a call from Rita at the Sears store. She explained to me that what seems to have happened is that the website did not show a clear messege that both sides of the box spring needed to be ordered and that the rep who I originally called before I ordered this should have known and offered another apology. She explained to me that it would be wise for me to purchase both box springs but that if I purchased them at the store I would have to pay full price, but that after looking them up online they were still on sale for 75.00 a piece. I talked this over with my wife and we decided that we would order both pieces as we just wanted to get this taken care of. When going online at sears.com indeed the picture did show the sale price of 75.00 a piece, but once clicking on the picture the price went up to 150.00 a piece. I tried going in and out of the site, trying different navigation methods several times and it would not show the sale price when zooming in. I called the infamous 800 number and explained to the rep what had happened, went through the entire story in abbreviated form once again, and she apologized and said she understood how I must be frustrated, she went on to explain that she was going to talk with a supervisor and try to get the price adjusted so I could still get the "sale price". She placed me on hold a few minutes where a "case worker" then got on the phone. The case worked asked if I would explain to her what happened. Again I went on to tell the entire story to this case worker. She then went on to tell me that the box spring's price is "clearly listed" on the website and that sometimes google does not catch up with the website when sales are over with. I explained to her the price is clearly listed on sears.com and she did not address this but went on to say that "I should have read the pop up messege that has been in place for the last month on sears.com that clearly states that with a split box spring both pieces must be ordered". I explained to her that a pop up box never showed on screen. I explained to the case worker that I called and confirmed the price with a rep before even placing the order and the case worker then told me "you had to have clearly seen the pop up messege stating you need to order both pieces" I told her once again that a pop up messege never appeared on my computer and that when reading a recent review for the same box spring on sears.com another customer had the same exact thing happen to them, and received only one box spring after a rep told them ordering two was not necessary. The case worker then explained to me "sir there is nothing I can do for you when you are clearly lying to me that a pop up box did not appear on the computer screen". At this point I lost it and thought to myself "are you kidding me"??? I am the customer, I am the person who searched the internet and decided to shop with sears. Sears did not pick me. I am the person who helps pay for Sears's employee's wages. I am the person who works a full time job and decided to spend my hard earned money at Sears. I want to make it clear that this is not even my first purchase at Sears. My wife and I purchased a plasma Panasonic 50" tv less than a year ago from sears.com. After this experience I will NEVER shop at sears again. I am a rep for General Motors and work with over 170 dealerships in the Chicago and Milwaukee area. If I treated my service managers and Warranty clerks the way I have been treated by a majority of your staff I would not have a job. This kind of behavior is disgraceful and disgusting. I've never been accused of lying by a store before, and hopefully never will again by avoiding Sears and Kmart and any other associated stores all together. What happened to the customer is always right? I know customers are not always right, but this is sad customer service. On a brighter note I called a local mattress store fifteen minutes after getting off the phone with the sears "case worker" and ordered a box spring from the "Mattress Doctor" and it is to be delivered less than a week from now. Sears, never again.

Tim Langworthy,

-Former Customer-

• La
    Lara Ugolini Apr 07, 2010

At 5 pm on a Tuesday, I took my car in to Sears Automotive on Willow Street in Manchester, NH to see why the air conditioner wasn't working. The guy working said his "air conditioner man" wasn't working that night and for me to bring it back the next day at noon. So the next day, during my lunch break from work, I drove over. I stood in line for over 30 minutes and no one would help me. I asked one of the mechanics that was standing around, what was up?...He said he was on a mandatory lunch break and couldn't help me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't folks in the retail business take lunch breaks other than when the rest of the world takes theirs? That's when most folks go out to get stuff done...on their lunch breaks. Needless to say, after wasting almost an hour, I drove off with no help and went to another place instead who took me right away. In this economy, I don't understand why outfits such as Sears are not interested in keeping customers. I'll never go back.

• Ni
    Nicole C. C. Apr 19, 2010

We bought a new refrigerator from our local Sears store and scheduled for delivery. When it was delivered one of the doors was dented, and the delivery guys scratched the other door bringing it in the house. We were given a number to call to set up a service day. The first service day (which my husband had taken off work for) the guy wanted to know where the new doors were for him to install. They had never ordered them or ecplained any of this to us, so we assumed he would be bringing them. We then scheduled another service day (which my husband took another day off work for) and they were supposed to come today between 2 and 5. At 4:30 they called to say they could not come because someone had called in and they were shorthanded. When we called to reschedule again they would not work with us on a day that we would not have to take off from work again since this was their fault. The guy who said his name was Jose from the customer service number I called was completely rude and arrogant! He would not let me speak to his supervisor and told me he was the supervisor over everyone. I told him that everyone has a boss, and unless his name was Jose Sears and he owned the company he had a boss too. He then told me that was his name!!! What a jerk! I will never buy from Sears again! Worst customer service ever!!!

Roger Perry May 17, 2010

I ordered a garage door opener from SEARS.COM on May5, 2010. Today is May 17th and was told that Sears delivered my garage door opener to Sears store in Jackson, TN via UPS. I have been on phone with sears.com 3 times now and was told on Wednesday May12th that door opener would arrive at my father in laws home on Monday the 17th of May. As you can see it got delivered to their store instead. The gentleman at Sears.com took off shipping charge of $17.50 account of inconvenience to customer on Wednesday the 12th. I feel Sears needs to offset costs to accommodate poor handling of this order. The order confirmation number is [protected] Sales check number is [protected] and item number is [protected] . RC number is [protected] . Please do all possible to resolve this matter as labor costs has far exceeded costs in product not arriving to correct destination on time.

• Rm
    rmrprmd Jan 14, 2011

One month ago I called Sears to request technician service for my treadmill, I requested the appointment for today January 13, to assure I could be more available to receive what I requested. Sears doesn’t call to confirm appointments, so I called there customer service line yesterday (Jan 12) to assure appropriate use of my time. In my call, I was told by customer service personnel that they don’t give time appointments in Puerto Rico, and that they recommend: "I should take my day off and rest while they arrive".(abusive) wait at least from 8am to 5pm.You know what? I did, I woke up 2:30 am, I went to start my work at the hospital, (doctor) left some things done, and traveled back home to beat home at 8:00am as they told me; then I stayed at home until 5:30pm and they never arrived after nine hours . During this period I called twice a 1 800 number and I received the same response. “there is nothing we can do, for Puerto Rico, there are no hour for appointments, so just wait. We cannot call the technician. Just wait. After the nine hour wait, I called again and asked for a supervisor, they made me wait in the phone, hearing music for twenty minutes finally they hung the phone. I lost nine hours of my work day just for nothing. Finally I went back to the hospital to complete my work, nine hours late. They have no respect for their clients.

• Ba
    bama0521 May 08, 2011

Second time I changed I changed my address with them, they still processed the order to ship to the wrong address. I called 90 seconds after placing the order and was told by customer service it could not be corrected and the order could not be cancelled. Their solution was for me to re order and pay again for the item to correct their mistake. I had this happen in December and was told it would be cancelled, instead item shipped to wrong address and I was charged. Extremely poor customer service!!!

• Je
    jenbaz Aug 03, 2011

I was scheduled on June 9th, 2011 to have my icemaker on my refrigerator repaired. I called on that morning to confirm my appointment and I was assured that a Sears technican will be there between 1pm and 5pm. Approximately an hour later I received a call that my appointment was cancelled and the next available appointed will be July 24th. I then asked for an earlier appointment as I am having some work done and that two weeks delay will cost me a substancial amount of money. To my surprice I was told I could not get an earlier appointment. As being a long standing customer of Sears this is unaceptable, no provisions of even tried to give an earlier appointment was given.

If such distastful service continues you are never to big to “Fall”. Without “good” customer service you will loose great customers.

• Se
    SEARS EXEC EMAIL ADDRESSES Oct 25, 2012

Here are the emails and the exec phone for the big wigs at Sears! let them know how you feel over and over...maybe they will realize they have a problem?

Louis J. D'Ambrosio, CEO/ President ld’[protected]@searshc.com