Sears Kenmore Washerwasher

I bought a Sears Kenmore washer, and purchased the extended warranty. I have has to have Sears out on eight seperate occassions. On six of these service calls, the machine caused water damage to my basement. This resulted in huge repair costs for the basement. i have 6 children, one with a severe medical condition. I am sure everyone knows the danger of mold in a house. I have had the seal replaced three times and the motor replaced twice. The technicians never put the service cover on after they are done, leaving electrical wires exposed! what happens when you call Sears, NOTHING! They connect you to everyone that can't make a decision, then tell you that they wont replace the defective machine. A satisfactionj supervisor, Judt Swinning, told me, "iIt is not unreasonable for the machine to need service three times in a year." I asked her if it's unreasonable that the machine floods my basement and causes damage and she says, "that's not unreasonable." You must be kidding me! They tell you to contact Sedgwick for insurance purposes, but they don't pay for anything. They are pathetic to deal with! I have explained the damage that their machine has caused and they just try to pass the buck. They send incompetant technicians to fix it and then leave without finishing the job. I was a long time loyal Sears customer, but will never set foot in their store again!

RESOLVED

• Sears's response · Oct 26, 2010

To Carnations,
    My name is Marcus and I am part of the Sears Social Media Support Team, and I want to first apologize for how you were treated by one of our customer service representatives. Sears does stand behind customer satisfaction and what was conveyed to you was not that, and I know that it can be very frustrating interacting to anyone that is rude. The representative should have informed you of where the technician and because that was not provided to you I am so sorry. I would like the opportunity to assist you further with this if you would allow? Support Team is the single point of contact for all escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager; you don’t have to worry about being passed around from agent to agent any longer. At your convenience, please contact my office at [email protected] so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Carnations) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Marcus C.
    Social Media Support Team

• Sears's response · Jun 16, 2011

Dear Mrs. Sperling:
    We are so sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing with new Sears washers. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you and your family. It is certainly our goal to deliver appliances in good working order that exceed your expectations. This clearly has not been done for you and we would appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

My name is Susan and I work for the Social Media Support Team. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your scereen name (Catherine Sperling) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Susan R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

• Sears's response · Oct 05, 2011

To briangill,

I apologize for all of the issues that you have had with your washer. I understand your aggravation with the many service calls that you've had to have over the past couple of years. The fact that you machine has caused water damage to your basement six times is very concerning and I understand your concern that this causes especially having a sick child at home. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We do value you as a customer and we would like to help make sure that all appropriate measures are taken to assure that you don't continue to have these issues in the future. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (briangill) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

• Ro
    Rockandroll Nov 18, 2012

I have nothing to do with Sears. Big girls accept their life decisions and don't cry about them. Time to grow up.

• Ms
    msm53 Nov 13, 2012

Wow who knew that Sears employs people to ridicule those who complain. These two postings make a total of three ridiculous responses to my complaint. Watch out, potential Sears customers.

• SKOR Nov 13, 2012

Until a repairman inspects the machine, there is no way to know whether it is defective. A lot of consumers damage their appliances through misuse/neglect.
    Even if the machine is in fact faculty, it is not reasonable to expect a company to send a new appliance based on one phone call.

• Ro
    Rockandroll Nov 13, 2012

The warranty period was up. You should of purchased an extended warranty. It's time just to grow up and live with your choices. I know for a fact that you were offered an extended warranty. Whining like a two year old doesn't change that fact.

• Ms
    msm53 Nov 13, 2012

We bought a brand new washer in October of 2017. Lo and behold, it broke beyond repair in November 2017, days after the expiration of the warrenty. I searched the internet for information aout the machine and found that it has a falty electronic board which is unfixable. I called Sears Customer Service on 11/12/12 to get information about replacing the machine. The Rep I spoke with, Michael, was beyound unhelpful. Insolent and rude. He reported that even though it is a Kenmore machine, Sears cannot be expected to take responsibility for selling A FAULTY MACHINE!. I asked him to repeat this just to be sure I heard him correctly. I had, as he repeated this mind-numbing fact.
    Today, 11/13/12, I called the Corporate Office and spoke woth Maureen. Initally, she was very compasionate--until we came down to my major appliance failing! She said that Sears cannot afford to have their faulty applicances fixed for nothing. I said that I can't afford to make a major purchase and have it fail a matter of days after the warrenty expirezs. We reached an impass. The only offer I received was a discount on repair. Seriously?
    I am not only deeply distressed by my personal situation of being heartlessly ripped off by Sears, but by all the complaints I see across the Internet made by other Sears consumers.
    Bottom line: I trusted Kenmore a a brand and was made a fool of. Not even Sears trusts Kenmore.
    Be warned--STAY AWAY FROM SEARS!!!

• Tr
    truth hurts143768 Oct 27, 2011

????????????

• St
    Streetlamps Oct 27, 2011

Purchased Kenmore Washer Model 4472 at Sears Online. The washer was picked up at the store, and it had a failed circuit on control panel that required an exchange and return. At exchange, the Sears store refunded me and then proceeded to credit then charge me again so that their store department gets commissioned. Now I have two charges on my credit card before I am even refunded. I let that slide. Then now I get a new washer, but it's missing parts. I call the National Center to have them send the parts to me, and they send me the wrong one. I call again and now they change their store and tell me the part cannot be ordered and I have to get another exchange. I was told by the National Center I can call the store and have them send a delivery truck to receive my washer for an exchange. I call the store and they hang up on me more then two times. I call again and finally get through to the department and the sales rep talks over me and doesn't even want to hear what I have to say. The sales rep was also having a conversation with another person and laughing about their weekend. The rep pretty much is telling me that they are not going to send a delivery truck over, even though I told them that's what the National Center told me to tell them, then hangs up on me.

• Ca
    CATHERINE SPERLING Jun 16, 2011

My husband and myself went to sears on 5/26/11 and purchased a kenmore washer, was delivered on 6/11/11. That night we started to use it and it did not work. So we called sears that night and we were told that it was probably the control panel. We went back to sears the next day and yet again purchased another machine (Maytag) it was delivered on 6/11/11.
    We again went to use it that night & guess what? It didn't work either. (Was the control panel again. So back to the store again to purchase another machine. It is to be delivered this saturday 6/18/11. We are very frustated with what has been sent out to us. It seems to us that if a washer is being delivered it should work, (Don't you think so???)

• Ca
    Carnations Oct 23, 2010

There is a problem with Sears Customer Service, for most part you called to schedule appointment for the repair of the equipment you have a maintenance agreement, they give you a date and time with a window of time of four hours waiting time.
    When you call to see where is the technician that suppose to be at your home and has not arrive or called you the Sears Customer Service Repair representative is unable to help you and only attempts to reschedule your appointment for another date and time. When you ask to speak to a supervisor quickly the Sears Customer Service Repair representative you that your speaking with identifies as an Account Manager in this case his name is Mark and tells you if he can help you with anything else. When you try to make Mark listen he tells you that there is no way he can communicate with the Technicians of way to find out if they going to service that the technician still within the window of time and again tells you if there is anything he can help you with. What part did Mark did not understood why can he is unable to provide a status on the technician or even attempts to do anything for the Customer.

Where is the customer service i this case, where is his caring and compassion for the customer and the product that is not working or for any reason cannot be service, why can Mark not go the extra mile and do something for his customer. I am very sadly to see that our companies in America are failing to really see there is a problem with the Customer Service, for once they are not friendly, they are rude, and uncaring, why even bother to have a customer service if this is the way you're going to treat your customers.

Mr. Bruce Johnson, President & CEO is time to wake up and see that your losing faith, trust and customers, one day you are not going to have the cozy job because you have not done nothing to improve or help your customers.

If you were not the President and you where just an average person with a product you purchase with sacrifice and but a maintenance agreement will you like to be treated this way.
    Think about it, is this how you want people to know

• Da
    Daniela Elliott Jul 13, 2010

Dear Blue Ribbon,

I wanted to make you aware of the poor service on customer service. In December I purchased a Kenmore washer, in May it started making an awful noise like a freight train when it would spin. I called for service which they said it would take a week. I took the day off I happen to work for a neurologist so asking for unscheduled time off is difficult. They said the tech would be here from 8-12 at 1:00 I called them to say where are you, no one called me to say they were late, 40 minutes later the tech shows up. The tech said it was a bad barren this should not happen he has never seen anything like this in his 32 years with sears. He then said he would have to order parts, s another week goes by and I have to take an additional day off. They come 2 techs over 2 hrs and they did not order the pulley and screw therefore they had to place another order for parts and I had to take an additional day off. Also, going to the laundry place to do my laundry. I take another day off and one tech comes when there should have been two techs to complete the job it was obvious he had a problem since he was on the help line. I go to do laundry later that evening as he said it was fixed and the basket frame is bent not running smooth and makes a noise. Plus when you was anything in a gentle cycle it will not spin the clothes dry you have to hit the spin buttton. I called the solutions center once again and they said a supervisior had to come out and look at the washer. The supervisor came laughed because he could see the frame was bent immediately and said this should have been a two man job and shook his head at the bent frame. The solutions center said I had to call them when he got there which I did. It is so frustarating because you get a different person every time they have no clue about what you are talking about. One rep told me she had no supervisior when I asked to speak to one, everyone has a supervisior! I am still left hanging with no clue what they are going to do. I have asked numerous times for a replacement. The tech has made my washer worse with the bent frame. I have taken days off spent, paid for laudromat services and countless hours on the phone with the solution center to no avail. No one wants to take responsibility. I will never purchase another product from Sears and am telling everyone they should do the same. It is really sad as I have purhased every appliance there. One unhappy customer.

• Qu
    QualityAppliance Oct 04, 2009

Sad to say but because you bought the maching with the Kenmore nameplate on ti you are stuck with the unknowledgeable and untrained Sears/A&E parts changing monkeys.

If you had purchased the same machine with the manufacturers name, ie Whirlpool, Maytag, etc, you would be covered by the manufacturer warranty and have other choices for service.

Good Luck

• Se
    Sears is crap Sep 16, 2009

I phoned for repair on my washer. It took 5 days for them to come out and look at it. Was told I need big parts and they would arrive shortly. They came in Monday 9/14 they man came out today to install. They were the wrong parts. Now I have to wait again for parts to come in and for someone to come out to install. I also told them that I wanted a new pump because of all the mess that went into the one that is in there right now. There were 2 handfuls of what looked like gravel and anywhere from 1" to 6" of what looked like PVC pipe that had been shredded. I talked to 3 people the 3rd one hung up on me. Than I called Customer Relations and she assured me a tech would call me in 24 hours. That was last Thursday. Never got a call. Called Customer service on Saturday tried to talk with them and they were nasty. This is really very upsetting. This washer has been fixed at least 3 times since we got it. I have not done laundry in 2 and 1/2 weeks. I work full time and so does my husband so we have to take off to be there for these people to come in for this stuff. We work in an office and I AM RUNNING OUT OF CLEAN CLOTHES. What is really stupid is that Sears is paying $560 for parts AND for 2 men at 2 hours apiece AND delivery charges 2 times for the parts to come. Sears could have brought me a new washer for less than all of this costing AND I would be able to wash my clothes.

My work number is [protected]
    My cell number is [protected]

I would like something done about this whole mess that Sears has left me in.

Mary DiMaratino

ps I really hope that someone receives this and it does not go into a black hole someplace.