Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware&buyer beware/contracts changed

J

I too am in a dispute with "sears" and their shady dealings. Fortunately we, never signed the "job compleation" paperwork that they tried to have me sign "before" they even started the job. Then throughout the four times that we had to have someone from sears come to fix the windows that were put in wrong, the company still tried to have us sign the job compleation paperwork, while the siding and gutters were not even compleated. That is against the law anyway. Then they tried to change the contract that we agreed with them regarding the deferred intrest payment. This company has alot of nerve to try to switch legal documents and then have the nerve to say that I signed and agreed with the change. That day I was actually in the hospital having a procedure. I think that we should begin a class action law suit against this company for "all" who have been deceived by these crooks!!! One of the repairmen who came to our home was from out of state and he said that all he does for sears is travel around the states fixing what the contractors didn't do properly in the first place. The work at my home is still not compleated, then he said that he hears all the time especially from the elderly how their contracts were changed on them and how they didn't have any way to fight against this big company. We all work very hard for our money and this company needs to be held accountable for all the deceit and loss of monies that they have caused. We need to"shine the light of truth" about how "sears home improvements" is really running their company. Enough is enough.!!!

RESOLVED

• Sears's response · Apr 15, 2011

Dear JEAN RICCA:
    My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Team, and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Jean Ricca) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.