The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Sears — dehumidifier recall
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I just got the post card in the mail today 11/23/12 about the dehumidifier recall. I have two of them that are recalled. After searching here on the Internet I found the details of the recall. It looks like I should get $100 plus a $25 gift card for each one. Then I went to Sears web site to see a similar model that sells for $260.
So the recall says to immediately stop using the affected units. Now to get a replacement I have to spend $135 out of my pocket for each to replace them. Also to get rid of the old one it will have to have the refrigerant removed which cost money.
I don't understand how Sears thinks this is acceptable. I paid over $200 each when I bought them new and now they do a recall cause they are known to cause fires and they don't do a direct replacement??? This is totally unacceptable!!!
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- Sears - customer service department
- Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product!
- Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company!
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly
- Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly
- Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed
- Sears - problems with restocking fee
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund