[Resolved] Searscustomer service department

Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60179

Attn: Advocate & Corporate
Complaint Department RE: Customer Service

To Whom It May Concern:

During these hard economic times, I found it necessary to purchase a new Dishwasher and Refrigerator. The appliances I had were over 20 years old and were not energy efficient items.

As I have done in the past, I researched the products and looked for discounts. I have owned Kenmore appliances in the past, and found the items that I wanted to purchase were top rated products recommended by www.consumerreport.com.

After my research, I decided to purchase appliances at Sears. On August 13, 2008, I purchased two items totaling $2, 439.57. Quite a substantial amount.

The Salesman, Eddie Barajas, did a wonderful job, as I had to call him a few times with measurement questions, and he was extremely helpful. After I purchased the items, I left the store feeling that I would definitely purchase other items from him in the future.

After discussion of delivery, I was told that I would be contacted within 72 hours with the date and times for delivery. I was concerned about having the deliveries too close, as I have a small kitchen, and did not want to have many delivery people in my home at once. Also, I have a large dog, and during hot weather, do not want him outside too long. I asked for delivery on a Wednesday or Thursday. My salesman told me that I could discuss this with the delivery department and would not have any problems, as the items were available at the local warehouse.

-2-

Within the 72 hour period, I was contacted by a company named Service Bench, to schedule the dishwasher installation, which was agreed upon. I was not contacted for the refrigerator delivery during that 72 hour period.

On Monday, August 18, I called Sears delivery at [protected], and I was told that the “Freezer” that I purchased was delivered on August 15, 2008. I told the person that I had purchased a Dishwasher and Refrigerator, not a Freezer and she advised me that the purchase was not in the computer. That evening I arrived home to have two messages from Sears delivery. One message scheduled the Refrigerator delivery for August 20, 2008, between 2 P. M. and 4 P. M. , the Dishwasher was scheduled for August 20, 2008, between 3 P. M. and 5 P. M. I immediately called the automated system to verify, then talked to a person, and was advised to call after 6 P. M. for times.

I was a concerned that the deliveries would overlap and called the 1-800 number after 6 P. M. , only to reach a recording. Finally, I reached a person who said to call after 9 P. M. and scheduling would be modified. Again, after 9 P. M. , I called repeatedly, only to reach a recorded message. By this time I stopped calling. I only hoped that the day of delivery I would have adequate time to prepare for the two deliveries.

On Wednesday, August 20, 2008, around 11:30 A. M. , I was contacted by the delivery men, asking permission to delivery the refrigerator early, as they were in the area. I was doing a project and told him that I needed time to empty out the old refrigerator, freezer, and clean the floor, cabinets and walls. I scrambled to get the items out of the freezer, when I discovered they were at my door. I had to get my dog out into the back yard and get two coolers from my garage for food storage.

The men seemed to be in a hurry, since they were ahead of schedule, and had the new refrigerator at my front door before I was ready for them. I was trying to work as fast as I could to empty and clean, and unfortunately left some items on one of the doors of the old refrigerator.

-3-

I pulled out the old refrigerator to clean, and they were standing there watching, not even an offer to help. I vacuumed and barely had time to mop the floor, while they were ushering me out of the way to move away the old appliance. I told them to be careful of the slate floor, as it will scratch. They were tilting it and I said “watch out”, then I knew the slate was scratched.

Meanwhile, I was unaware that I had left items in the refrigerator, and the men did not check or ask me to double check. I feel as though I was so rushed, I did not have the appropriate time to prepare. This was my main concern at the time of purchase, and it was happening.

As the Sears truck was leaving, another truck was backing up into my driveway, with the dishwasher. The time was approximately 1:30 P. M.

ANOTHER EARLY DELIVERY!

As the new dishwasher was being brought into my home, the old dishwasher was being disconnected and a tool chest was placed in the kitchen, therefore, I had no place to stand and put items in the refrigerator. I told the man that I wanted to clean under the area, and he said that would be no problem. He picked up some glass, screws and larger items himself, and then I was able to vacuum the dirt and cobwebs.

While I was in the kitchen, putting food items into the freezer before they melted, I realized some items were missing. I went through my coolers and could not find my RX and other items. I immediately called Sears delivery department and was told that the delivery truck was still out, and that I would receive a call from them within the hour. By this time, it was around 2:30 P. M. , as the dishwasher people were still here.

During the call, I told Sears that I had neglected to get two prescriptions that needed refrigerated, and I needed the Pharmacy name and RX numbers so I could replace them, as they were expensive.

-4-

By 6 P. M. , I had still not received a call, again calling customer service, only to listen to a recording. By now I had discovered just how many items were still on the door of the old refrigerator.

The following morning, August 21, 2008, I started calling customer service at around 10 A. M. , and by 3:30 P. M. , I had talked to 13 people! Two out of the 13 that I talked to offered me a $50.00 gift card and I was told to call the Sears Corporate Advocate and Customer Complaint Department at [protected] for food compensation. I then decided to wait until my next day off, as this was beginning to frustrate me.

Thursday morning, August 27, 2008, I had the unfortunate opportunity to talk to a woman who said her name was Tina, #563536. She is supposed to be the Advocate for the Complaint department. She was rude, unprofessional, continued to interrupt me as I spoke and down right awful and unhelpful!

I explained to her the situation, as it happened, about the prescriptions and food items; and that someone, during all the conversations with Customer Service, had told me that I would be reimbursed for the food items. She consistently badgered me about who, and how and did I get the misinformation about reimbursement for food items, as this is not policy, and what telephone numbers I had called.

I tried to tell her the names and ID numbers of the people I had talked to and she continued to tell me that she was going to hang up on me. Then I tried to describe the food items to her and she, again, stated that she was going to hang up on me.

I have been in Customer Service for over 35 years, and in all these years, I have learned how to listen and make sure the customer is finished venting before speaking. Had I been that rude, I would surely be out of a job!

-5-

The people I talked to from Sears on August 21, 2008, were:

Jack #24201 Unit Supervisor
Randy, Amanda, Clarisa #24201, Lei, John, Jack
Tenesya ##82013, Yuvan #1047
John #1112, Donnecia #79803 (very helpful)
Tina #563536 was the person I talked to on August 27, 2008.
Unfortunately, for me, I did not get every ID number.

Last Thursday, August 21, 2008 I called home delivery, at [protected], and was told that the old appliances were at a warehouse and was given [protected] to check if the appliances were still there. By now, frantic about the RX, I knew they had begun to spoil and I needed the information.

The girl I talked to informed me that the refrigerator was at Jaco
[protected]. Again, I was informed that the GE refrigerator was not there or may have already been shipped.

Now, I feel as though I am entitled to some sort of financial reimbursement. As for all the items that were left to spoil, for the prescriptions that I tried and tried and failed to acquire and mostly for all the unnecessary stress. My husband has been out of work most of the past two years, due to surgeries, and I do not have the $100.00 or more to replace the following food items:

Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Chinese Mustard, Pine nuts, Two prescriptions @ $25.00 each, 5 bottles of Salad Dressing, Soy Sauce, Artichoke Cream Cheese Dip, 1 Box of Arm and Hammer Kitchen Baking Soda, Lemon Juice, One bottle of Marinara Sauce, Clam Juice, Clamato Juice, Coffee, Olives, Sweet & Sour Marinade, Vermouth, Teriyaki Sauce, and Two bottles of Salad Spritzers. Many of these items are not used on a daily basis, therefore it will be quite expensive to replace them.

-6-

I do not believe that I am being unreasonable in asking for compensation or a gift card to Vons, Albertsons, Smiths, all Nevada grocery stores, as I did what was required, in writing, by me for this delivery. I did not read anywhere that It was all my responsibility to have everything out of my refrigerator, although, had I had the appropriate amount of time or consideration I would not be writing this letter of complaint. I did everything in my power to talk to the various representatives from Sears for a solution, only to be passed on to another and another and another and another, finally to Tina to be told, basically, that I “was getting nothing!”

I am not asking for compensation for the scratches on the slate floor, as I know I can buff them out. I am asking for monetary help.

Unfortunately, you have lost a loyal Sears Customer of over 35 years, and I will notify all family members and friends of this unfortunate Customer Service Nightmare.

Respectfully,

Clark County Consumer Affairs
www.consumeraffairs,.com www.complaintsboardcom

• Updated by SearsCare · Aug 14, 2009

Dear Grass Valley Folks,

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your local repair center. My name is David and I work for the Sears Cares Team. We would appreciate the opportunity to assist you in resolving this issue, if you can contact us at [email protected] Please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the pressure washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please provide the screen name (Grass Valley Folks) used to post here for reference to this issue.

David V.

• Updated by SearsCare · Jan 11, 2010

Dear laura devendorf,

We are sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced with your refrigerator over the past years. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you and your family. We would appreciate the opportunity to assist you in resolving this issue. My name is David and I work for the Sears Cares executive team and we are here for assistance. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so we can further discuss your concerns. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition please include your screen name (laura devendorf) in your email so we can reference to your posting.

David V.

• Updated by SearsCare · Apr 26, 2010

Dear hrosa:

My name is Shayne W. and I am part of the Sears Cares escalations team. I have forwarded your complaint to our team at [email protected] and someone will be in touch with you within the next 48hrs. We look forward to speaking to you soon.

Shayne W.

• Updated by SearsCare · May 10, 2010

To Loescherk,
    I found this post and I wanted to reach out and express our concern for this situation. When we set up a service call, we anticipate that we can get the service tech to your home and the service completed within the time frame we give you. Waiting so long for service is not acceptable, but the delay is because a technician was held on service appointment that took longer than expected. We can’t ask a tech to leave a job partially done in order to make the next appointment. We wouldn’t do that to you or any of our customers. That being said you should have been advised of the next steps and for that lack of communication, I am very sorry. Of course, this is not an excuse, just an explanation. Of course, we can’t have you waiting longer for the service you should have had initially. My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so we can get this resolved for you. We can get you on a sooner date that is convenient for you. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Loescherk) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian J.

• Updated by SearsCare · May 17, 2010

To Sophie Muscosky,
    My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and I’m sorry to read about the problems with your Sears rebate gift card. I’m not sure what the problem is on our end, but we would most certainly like to investigate and resolve this issue for you. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this situation. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Sophie Muscosky) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian J.

• Updated by SearsCare · Jun 08, 2010

Dear KenL98,

I am sorry that your experience with our repair department has been such a bad one for you. You are correct in say that it is unacceptable that you have to wait so long for service on the AC unit in 100 degree weather. I live in Texas as well, and I know that this would be unsatisfactory for me to have to wait. Due to the age and health conditions of your mother and brother, we should have been able to get you sooner service. My name is Shayne and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we’d like look into this and see what we can do to make sure that you get sooner service. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number service is scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (KenL98) used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Shayne W.

• Updated by SearsCare · Jun 25, 2010

Dear Goblet,

I am sorry you had a bad experience with customer service in your local Sears store. We would like further information so we can make sure this is addressed properly. At your convenience, please send an email to [email protected] and provide your contact information. We will contact you directly in order to have this resolved. We hope to hear from you soon!

Amanda H.

• Updated by SearsCare · Jun 28, 2010

Dear SearsDeadTv,

We apologize for the service you have received when contacting Sears for repair. We can assure you this not acceptable and we would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you. At Sears we make it our goal to provide our customers with the highest quality of service. My name is Amanda and I work for the Sears Cares Escalations Team. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we can further discuss your concerns. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the washer was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (SearsDeadTV) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Amanda H.

• Updated by SearsCare · Aug 19, 2010

Dear barry newburg,

I found this post and I wanted to reach out and express our concern for this situation. Waiting so long for service is not acceptable, but the delay is due to lack of lawn & garden technicians available in your area. We cannot cancel other appointments of customers who have also been waiting for their service to accommodate other appointments. We wouldn’t do that to you or any of our customers. Of course, this is not an excuse, just an explanation. My name is Scott and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so we can get this resolved for you. We can attempt to arrange a sooner date that is convenient for you. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the lawn tractor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (barry newburg) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon..

• Updated by SearsCare · Sep 21, 2010

Dear Lei Tang,

I'm Scott with Sears Cares Escalations. I recently found your post here; I'm sorry I'm responding late to it. I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with Sears repair services. I know your time is valuable and it's not easy to get time off work. Naturally, we do our best to make all of our scheduled appointments within any given day; however our technicians can not leave one job in the middle of repair to rush to the next customer's home. I realize this is not acceptable, but it is the very nature of the repair service. We wouldn't leave your appointment mid-repair, nor do this to any of our valued customers. We'd still like to try and help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the washer was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Lei Tang) in the email so we can reference to your case.

• Updated by SearsCare · Oct 14, 2010

Dear Kuiperssm,

I'm Scott with Sears Cares Escalations within corporate. I'm terribly sorry your dishwasher's pump has failed and is causing you some inconvenience and frustration. The fact that our repair department failed to communicate properly with you and notify you of the technician not being available to make your appointment, is unacceptable. I know this only furthered your frustration. Sears has clearly let you down and I cannot apologize enough. We'd like to help make things right. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Kuiperssm) in the email so we can reference to your case.

SearsCares

• Updated by SearsCare · Oct 19, 2010

Dear Sarah Troup,

I'm so sorry to responding so late to your post here; I've only just found it. I'm Scott with the Sears Social Media Support Team. I'd like to offer assistance and also apologize for your delay in service, and for the failure of your washer to begin with. Being without a washer is not easy I know; having to wait lengthy time frames for repair only makes the frustration and inconvenience worse I'm sure. Being that Sears does service nationwide and for other vendors than just Sears stores, our repair schedule can get heavily impacted. That, coupled with geographic restrictions on techs being available in all areas, delays can and do occur and I apologize for that. This is by no means an excuse, merely an explanation of what may have caused your unpleasant experience. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the washer was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Sarah Troup) in the email so we can reference to your case.

• Updated by SearsCare · Jan 06, 2011

Dear Kimberly Diulus,

My name is Scott. I'm part of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I found your post here and wanted to reach out to you to offer some assistance. I'm so terribly sorry for all the repair, trouble & inconvenience you've endured with your fridge. I know all this repair is nothing short of just uncomfortable and infuriating. We'd like to look into this for you and offer our help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the fridge was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Kimberly Diulus) in the email so we can reference to your case.

• Updated by SearsCare · Jan 27, 2011

To Ms. Robin,

My name is Dianne and I'm part of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I found your post here and I wanted to reach out to offer assistance. I’m sorry to read about the problems you’ve encountered with your rebate. I would like the opportunity to investigate this matter. We are a single point of contact for problem resolution within Sears corporate. One of our dedicated and personal case managers would oversee your case from start to finish. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Robin) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dianne D.

• Updated by SearsCare · Feb 01, 2011

To Refik,

We are sorry to hear about the problems you experienced with your ice maker and for the service provided. We can only imagine the frustration this experience has caused you. We would still appreciate the opportunity to speak to you regarding the service you received. My name is Dianne and I work for the Social Media Support Team. We are a single point of contact for problem resolution within Sears corporate. One of our dedicated and personal case managers would oversee your case from start to finish. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Refik) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dianne D.

• Updated by SearsCare · Apr 15, 2011

Dear Mr. Kelly:
    My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please reply to this message with your contact phone number and any other information you would like to provide to us regarding this situation. We will get that information over to a Case Manager who will contact you so that you (and others) won't have to continue to be impacted by this. Also, please provide the screen name (James Kelly) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

• Updated by SearsCare · Apr 20, 2011

Dear circawdm,

I am sorry to hear that your online experience did not go over smoothly. My name is Misty and I am with Sears Cares. I would like to get you in touch with a personal case manager who will assist you with any concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so we can get this resolved for you. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number that your items were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (circawdm) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

• Updated by SearsCare · Apr 21, 2011

Dear Joannelau,

I’m so very sorry that you’ve had these problems with your refrigerator. You should not have encountered this situation with a four day delay in getting service out to you. We would like to look into this on your behalf to see how we can resolve this to your satisfaction.
    My name is Misty with Sears Cares and I would like to get you in touch with a personal case manager to address any concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (joannelau) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

• Updated by SearsCare · Apr 22, 2011

Dear spike78,

My name is Misty with Sears Cares. I saw this comment and I wanted to reach out to you to see if we could be of assistance. My team handles Internet related complaints as well as complaints that come to the executive branch and we are interested in taking over the handling of this issue. We would really like to investigate to make sure that everything that can be done is being done on your behalf. I do apologize for the delay in finding your comment also and I wanted to ask you to contact my team.
    At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the cook top was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (spike78) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

• Updated by SearsCare · Apr 22, 2011

Dear Jen Green,

My name is Misty with Sears Cares and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Jen Green) listed on your site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

• Updated by SearsCare · Apr 26, 2011

Dear lobolexus,

I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize for any inconvenience that we have caused with your delivery. I understand that we have put you in a very frustrating situation and I wanted to ask you to contact my team, even if this has been resolved, to allow us to check into what happened and see if we can make this right for you somehow. My team handles Internet related complaints as well as complaints that come to the executive branch and we are interested in taking over the handling of this issue. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (lobolexus) listed on your site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

• Updated by SearsCare · May 02, 2011

To Eva Reyes,
    I want to apologize for the poor customer service you have received after purchasing a new tractor from Sears. Sears prides itself on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. This concerns us greatly and we do wish to discuss these experiences with you so that we may check into what happened and see if we can make this right for you somehow.
    My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the tractor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Eva Reyes) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Laura D.

• Updated by SearsCare · May 20, 2011

To JenniferHo,

My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. I realize that the issue with your car has been resolved however, we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns and restore your faith in our company. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the auto service was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (JenniferHo) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

• Updated by SearsCare · Jun 07, 2011

Dear Korikla:
    To Mr./Mrs Korikla:
    I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of Sears Cares for what happened with the on-line order for tools. I do apologize for the delay in finding your comments also and I wanted to ask you to contact my team, even if this has been resolved, to allow us to check into what happened and see if we can make this right for you somehow, but especially if it has not been resolved so we can ensure this happens.
    My name is Susan and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and we’d like to step in and resolve this issue for you. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the tools were originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name ( Korikla) listed on your site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R..

• Updated by SearsCare · Jun 08, 2011

To fancythecat,

I'm so sorry for the mulitple issues you've recently experienced with Sears Parts and Services. It's our goal to provide our customers with the best products and services and I understand that we have failed to do this with you. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like the to know more about your experience so that we might improve our process. We would also appreciate the opportunity to show you that we do value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the lawn mower and stove were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (fancythecat) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

• Resolution Statement

Betty Sep 01, 2006

I bought a sears kemore washer on 10-7-04. I have had three repairmen out here and i had to call again and he is coming Monday. I have asked for a new washer and i don't get any response. I got a lemon! I will never buy another thing from Sears, and i will never buy another kenmore washer.

Sincerely,
    Betty from illinois

• Bo
    Bob McVea Mar 18, 2007

I was not very happy when my new, Kenmore Elite double oven was not working. I called Sears Repair service who scheduled an appointment within a week. When they came out, they said that the reason my top oven wasn't working was a faulty board that they had to order. Two weeks later when the board arrived, another appointment was made. The second (different) service guy came and said that it was not the problem but a thermocouple was the issue. He then ordered that part. Two weeks later, the next service guy called to tell me that I must hire an electrician to remove the power cord so that he could pull the oven out far enough to install the part. I had thought that if a repair was to be made, the service guy (within reason) was supposed to make those arrangements. The service guy then refused to do the repair until I hired an electrician. He said that this wasn't his job to do that kind of work. I ended up going to the main store in my area where I purchased the unit and talking with the manager. He ended up giving me a new oven! I was very happy with that, but after spending over $2000, I shouldn't have had all those issues with the service people.

• Ti
    Timothy Cavanaugh Apr 02, 2007

We wanted to buy the appliances for our new home in town to support local business. We spent $12000.00 on all appliances. We talked with Sears local store and decided to stay local. After 15 months, the Amana Refrigerator compressor stopped working. There was a one year warranty one the refrigerator with 5 years on the compressor. A fridge is a insulated box with a compressor and cooling fins. There is very little that can go wrong with a fridge. We scheduled an appointment. The service guy comes to house and takes the fridge apart, says it’s “the compressor”. He puts the fridge back together and leaves one screw out on the counter. He says he’ll need to order the parts and come back next week. The parts arrive in two days. We need to wait another 4 days for the appointment.

Appointment day arrives. We receive a call from Sears saying they can’t come in the morning because it’s a compressor repair, they have to come in the afternoon. The afternoon arrives and we receive a call from Sears saying they don’t have anyone that can work on compressors, so it will now have to be 4 more days before we have a refrigerator. I call and talked to a “supervisor”, Dorothy at Sears repair. I told her this was unacceptable and asked to talk with her boss. She said she could transfer me to “customer service”. The phone rang about a dozen times and disconnected. It is very frustrating trying to talk to anyone at Sears. They have a phone tree that will not allow you to get any where without being on hold for 10 to 15 minutes.

After this discussion with Sears repair, I sold all the shares of Sears’s stock that we own. Any business run like this should be out of business.

• Al
    Almeras May 03, 2007

How old is this machine and how long was the warranty?

• El
    Ellen Roessler May 14, 2007

I read the complaint from the gentleman who bought several appliances from sears. I was warned by friends and family that sears really was bad at getting the order right the delivery right etc. I have been living overseas with my husband who is serving the USNavy in Spain and I bought a new home and wanted to get things together before my family arrived back in the states. My experience with sears was horrible, they where rude in the store, delivered the wrong merchandise twice and on the third try delivered damaged merchandise.

I have yet to be compensated for the total lack of customer service and no one and I mean no one says they are sorry for the mess sears has made. I have tried calling and get the run around constantly. I have tried getting the phone # for Edward Lampert the #61 on the US's richest men but he apparently with his entire board and upper mangers don't talk on the phone (this information I received from Shirley at Corporate HG. She told me they have done all the talking on the phone for the day they where going to do.

All I want is for someone to acknowledge the problem, resolve it and tell me that they will compensate me for all my time and inconvenience. Apparently Sears Upper Mangers, and Boards think the rest of us in the US don't work or our time is less valuable then theirs, because I know they surely wouldn't tolerate the kind of customer service I have received from Sears

I will not be purchasing anymore items for my home from Sears and I recommend to all other to do the same. Boycott SEARS until they start having more respect for the loyal customers and begin to make management more accountable for those errors.

Sears Board members and Mr. Lampert, perhaps you better start taking these issues and problems more seriously. My recent visit to sears indicated you have very little business to begin with, you really can't afford to lose more customers, Or maybe you don't give a darn, Sears goes belly up the only people who suffer are you employees, that I am sure are underpaid and overworked. Management might think about spending more time working with customers and employees alike so they actually know where the problems are in the store.

• Lo
    Lori E. Miller Jun 28, 2007

After spending a lot of money ( $1,000) on a new refrigerator only 3 years ago, it has gone out. I called when it quit cooling, Friday, June 22nd, to schedule service with Sears (where I purchased an extended warranty) and they could not service it for and entire week. The first available (June 29th) Needless to say, I have lost all of my food and have been living out of a cooler for a week! I cannot believe that a company as large as Sears does not have anybody to service a refrigerator for 7 days! I had 2 other qualified refrigeration companies that could have serviced my fridge on Monday but they could not touch the thing because my warranty is with Sears! I will no longer purchase any warranty through Sears. It will be through the company of the actual appliance!

• To
    Tonya Waldroop Jul 25, 2007

My Kenmore Elite H3 is staining my white and light colored clothes. I have had the machines for 5 or 6 years and have had no problem until recently. I got on the internet and found this is a common occurrence with this product. What should I do? These are expensive machines and I don't think I should have to purchase new ones. What course of action should I take? Will Sears make good on this or not? I have contacted them as well as Consumer Reports. I have not heard anything from them as of now.

Tonya Waldroop

• Li
    Lindsey McClain Sep 05, 2007

I ordered a washer and dryer from sears about two weeks ago and still i am sitting here w/only a washer... the first problem they had was they said that the dryer got banged up so they were getting another one this was on a tuesday they said it would be the next tuesday before we got a new one. Well the next tuesday rolls around and they told us it would be friday before they could get it over here. I'm just SO sick and tired of Sears and this is the first appliances i ever got from there it'll also be the last!!!

• Ed
    Edward Sep 10, 2007

For the second time, attempting to place orders from the Sears.com website, I've waited up to 4 days to find out that the product is not available. All the while, the sears website says that the product is available and ready to be delivered. The website gives you the opportunity to check for availability for a specific zipcode, it does the check, and tells me that the product is available. I emailed the sears.com website administrator, and was told that they have no way of checking specific stores. Why then have the function available, all the while constantly creating confusion and frustration for would-be customers? It's extremely deceitful and makes for very bad experiences with this company. I do not recommend attempting to place orders from their website!

Betty Klimkowski Sep 14, 2007

I bought 4 gasmatic shocks for my vehicle, we installed them ourselves, 3 were good and one leaked. I took this shock back within the warranty agreement, which is 5 years or 60,000 miles, the shock was only on the vehicle for 3 months. I was told they did not have any in stock, the manager called all the Sears stores and no one had them in stock. He said he would order one which would take about 5 to 7 days, how could we drive this car with 3 shocks. When I asked if he could upgrade to the next level up, he told me no with an attitude, he also told me I live in Brunswick, so go to Autozone and buy 4 shocks and bring ours back. I was shocked to hear a manager talk to a customer in this tone. The manager of the Westfield Mall in Strongsville Ohio, his name was Rick, he would not give me his last name.

I really thought Sears would like to satisfy there customers,, guess not. We will not shop there again.

• Vi
    Vickie M Seibert Sep 15, 2007

I purchased a Stove on 08/31/2007 at Sears.com. I received all of the appropriate E-mails that assured me my Order was processed, scheduled for delivery and installation. From that point on, it has been a nightmare. My delivery was rescheduled three different times and installation was scheduled with a contractor in Oahu Hawaii. Mind you, I live in Everett Wash. Each time I received a new delivery date I replied to the installation confirmation E-mail to let installation know the date had changed just so nothing would slip through the cracks. I received no reply, so I called customer care. They said they could not answer any questions regarding installation and gave me a number to call. I called the number and it was no longer in service. I found a number on the E-mail I received from installation and they said , "Sorry, we can't help you and they gave me the customer care number. Finally, I got someone to tell me in customer care that Sears is scheduled to do the installation and everything is fine , don't worry and she issued me a 50.00 credit, which I have yet to receive. I also received an E-mail that I would receive a 25.00 gift certificate after the first delay and haven't. My stove was finally delivered, but no installation was scheduled. Really, at this point they don't need to care and they don't. They have my money. I spent hours waiting in phones ques now and talking with different representatives of Sears and no one cares. It is costing me money to try and solve this and not one person has step up to the plate. Customer care has not tried to solve my problem, they have passed the buck over and over again. At every step the buck has been passed. No one should buy on Sears.com. It is a nightmare!

• Do
    Don Anderson Sep 23, 2007

Two years ago, I got a set of Craftsman cordless tools from Sears. Recently the battery charger became defective and I tried to buy another one.

After going to 3 different stores (including the parts and repair place) I was told that these tools were no longer supported by Sears and I could not obtain a battery charger. This means that I have a whole box of cordless tools that cannot ever be used again. These tools are only 2 years old for Pete's sake!!!! When I called the 800 number, I was told that the only thing I could do was to go to a Sears store and ask them if they could give me a discount on a new set of cordless tools. When I did this, I was totally embarrassed and humiliated by the sales manager. You would have thought that I was asking for one of his kidneys or something. I immediately left Sears and went to Home Depot where I spent over $500.00 on a set of Ryobi cordless tools. Sears has lost a customer for life.

• Valerie Sep 26, 2007

Sears warranty

I need to have my top stove that is under Sears warranty fixed. I have called Sears and set up an appointment with a Technician. The first time the Technician came to my home I explained that my stove top has scratches mainly in the area where you turn the knobs. I also showed him how you can't notice the scratches until you put on the hood light which I just installed and called Sear immediately as soon as I notice it. I told him that it was either purchased with the scratches or when Sear installed the stove top it got damaged. He stormed out and claimed he would have to speak with his supervisor Kevin Norris 732-886-8814. He said that I will get a call from Sears. After waiting for a week I called up I ask to speak with Mr. Norris they said he was on vacation I requested to speak to his manager and they said that he had no Manager. I finally received a phone message that stated I would have to buy a new stove top that they are not going to repair it because I didn't call them after a month.

I then called up the warrantee explained that I did not install the stove top until my counter was put in. I then called Sears and had them install it. I looked around for a long time and finally found a hood range that would fit. I purchased the Hood from Sears and did not install it right away I shopped around to find someone to install the hood top which came with a vent and lighting. Finally I had it installed and that is when I notice that the scratches where on the cook top. I immediately call the warrantee Department they told me that even though I didn't put in a claim right away my warrantee covered cosmetics and it was good for two more years. They made an appointment for the Technician to come out and service me. The Technician came out and used a scratch pad and made matters worst he ran out and said he had to talk to his supervisor. I called many times and no one ever answered the phone. I then wrote to the corporate office on July 18, with a complaint that Service played for not being provided. I then proceeded to call the customer service department at 1 800 827 6655 the office personnel stated that they could not do anything for me. On July 24, 2007. I received an apology letter for the inconvenience this may have caused, and would be happy to schedule a service appointment, or discuss the concern regarding your recent service experience with you. Tracking number: UT20070723_0000006086. I then proceeded to call again this time I spoke an employee who got in-touch with Mr. Norris which I may add took a long time and he exclaimed he was on the phone with another customer. Then she left me on hold with Mr. Norris feeling she had resolved the problem Mr. Norris never answered the phone an hanged up on me I called again and spoke to Robert in Recover he was going to find a district manager to help resolve this issue. He told me I would have an answer with-in 48 hours. I did not receive an answer. I called again and to a girl and she told me that I would get an answer in 48 hours also but, never did. I called again this time I spoke to Dorothy I.D. 51166 who told me that she could and would not do anything to help me that I would have to get Kevin Norris to give the O.K. She stated that I should have had it reported with-in one month. I explained how could I report it if I did not see it the damages. Then she said she had no manager that I could talk to and stated well when you bought the vent you should have reported it. Once again I had to explain I bought the vent but had to wait for someone to install it and it didn't happen right away besides don't I have it insurance warrantee and it states I have cosmetic coverage. Her answer was if my stove top would have been peeling then she could do something about it. I need to either get the warrantee department or the technician supervisor. I exclaimed that is why I am calling the cooperate office to get help. As a consumer do not understand how a Sears's corporate office has given their employee so much power and I keep falling on death ears.

All I know as a consumer I am not being provided with coverage on warrantee I have paid for. I also know that I did not create the damages and Sears's employees do not want to take on this responsibility. What do you do when departments have you going in a circle. They are paying more money to avoid the issue than to take care of it.

Sincerely,

Jo-Ann Bertrani
    631 630-4207 Day Phone
    718 445-8666 Home Phone

Joe Robie Oct 23, 2007

Frig set at recommended settings the vegetable and meat drawers are at or below freezing (30 to 32degrees) Had multiple service calls with so called fixes and still have problem. Set frig to max and the veg compartment will only rise one or two degrees. The damper at the top of the frig clicks and clacks all the time. This part has been replaced 3 times and still have the problem. Sears has no ideas except to send a different person each time. Maybe they think they will wear us out. If you have a Kenmore Elite with french doors keep a maintenance agreement on it because you will be making a lot of service calls.

• Fr
    frank quinn Nov 05, 2007

The heating element on our Maytag Neptune dryer stopped working. It has taken 3 service visits and multiple parts to have them tell me that they don't think the dryer is the problem... they say there isn't enough electricity coming out of the outlet to power the heating element. Funny, there has been enough for 2 dryers in the last 13 years! Why couldn't they figure this out of the first visit? I would have saved $160 in service calls and probably the same amount in parts...

• Su
    Sue Kaman Nov 06, 2007

I bought this Microwave Oven along with extended Warranty last October. It is broken in August 2007. I called them immediately and they said some one will call and schedule an appointment to get it repaired but no one called. After repeated calls and escalations end of September a very nice technician showed up and said it needs some part that might needed to be ordered. it is over six weeks now and I am still calling Sears every week and no one is able to give a status. How can an American family survive 3 months without a Microwave?

Sears harassed us to buy the extended warranty on every gadget that we bought with them and said they have 90 days to do so. They did not extend the same service when needed. This will be the last of my Sears purchase. We learnt our lesson and very dissatisfied with the level of service.

• Pa
    Patricia Denehy Nov 16, 2007

I currently have a inoperable dishwasher and an inoperable washing machine. Each time I call to schedule repair service, they give me a "first available" appointment that is always two weeks out from the date I am calling. I am told that I must be available between the hours of 8am and 5pm and that if they try to contact me and I they can't get me, my appointment will be canceled. Luckily, I work from my home, otherwise I would have missed 4 full days of work for dishwasher repairs alone. Yes, four. The first man said he knew what the problem was, ordered a part and yes, I waited two weeks for it. When that part came, he installed it and left. I used the dishwasher and it was still leaking. I call again and get the same response. First available appt. is two weeks out. That man comes, tells me he is 100% sure what the problem is. Another part ordered, two more weeks. He installs the new O-rings - guess what. More leaking. A man came again yesterday, spent two hours in my home running the dishwasher. It did not leak while he was here but he ordered another part. Still I do not have a working dishwasher.

Yesterday I had a flood in my laundry room and my washing machine is indicating there is a motor problem. I call for Maytag service and they use A & E Factory Service. Again, first available appt. is 2 weeks out.

Last week my treadmill stopped working. You guessed it - first available appt. is two weeks out. If I was working outside the home, it would be cheaper to go out and buy all new appliances than to take work days off without pay. I can't work out, wash my dishes or wash my laundry without great inconvenience. This is not customer service.

Betty Klimkowski Nov 25, 2007

I guess I was right, Sears does not care about the satisfaction they provide for their customers.

• Ke
    ken k. davis Dec 28, 2007

I ordered a burner bake for by oven on Dec. 8 th. They sent me the parts in 8 or 9 days.When I received the parts, the igniter was broke (the porcealan). So I called sears They send a call slip to pick up the part through u.p.s. in 2 days,they pick it up. Dec. 11 th.Dec 24 th. I receive the new part. It doesn't work, the electrical end is female so is my stove fitting. So I call them, They say the"ll send another call slip to pick it up. Then I'll have to wait tell they receive it. Then call to see if they've got it so they can issue me a credit, then I have to re-order the right part.On Dec.27 th. I call to see why they haven't picked up my part? I'm told if they haven't p/u by the next evening to call. The next evening I stop U.P.S in front of my house,I ask if they have a call slip from sears? They do not. I then call sears they say We'll we weren't sure what to p/u/. So I tell them again the whole story. They say they'll once again send me a call slip to p/u the wrong part.Then I have to call to see when they get it. Then I can Re-order the new/right part, after they issue a credit. Meanwhile I'm still without a stove and a huge hassle from the sears dept. on the phone. Something should be done to help me the customer that's out $ 107.87 and no part.

• Sh
    shoemake10 Jan 23, 2008

My children do not ask for much during the holidays, The one and only gift my three children asked for was a pool table, "Something that we could use as a family". I found the best deal at sears and ordered a month before Christmas. When the merchandise arrived I received a call and I asked the if they could hold until christmas eve. They said yes, no problem. I called a week in advance to see how many boxes so that I could arrange a vehicle. At 5pmOn Christmas Eve, I called and asked if I paid extra if they could wrap in plastic due to the weather, again - they said no problem. I go to pick up the merchandise and only half of it was there. I just knew there had to be a mistake. I went to speak with the manager and the assist said oh i think someone came in a week ago and we gave it to them because theirs was damaged. Then another manager came out, I explained that my children were going to have no christmas. He yelled at me and my husband "DO YOU THINK WE DID THIS ON PURPOSE". No, I am sorry let me see when I can get one in. He said our money had been refunded to our CC and to get over. I just don't understand there customer service, they knew my merchandise was not in the store because they gave it away and could not give us a call or any indication that I was not going to be able to have a christmas gift for my children. I seriously know the importance of Christmas, I also know how important it was for me to give something to my children they wanted. It was not only the not getting our merchandise but the rude and hateful attitude of the "Manager".

Andrew Feb 16, 2008

Sears calls it service. They also call it a warranty. I call it something else I can't print here. I purchased Heat Pump from Sears and I am now past the initial 1st year of having everything covered. After first year - parts are covered and every service call comes with a $100 service charge on top of the repairs.

1 - Called Dec 22 because heater stopped working. 20 degrees outside. Service scheduler says that someone can come out on Jan 4. I asked if he is telling me that I have to go without heat for 2 weeks and he replies, "That's not what I am saying, but we can't get anyone there until Jan 4."

I changed out the 50-amp fuses myself.

2 - Called January for same reason - heater quite working again. They said someone could come out in 5 days. Unacceptable, so I fixed it myself again.

3 - Called because heater stopped again and this time, the fuse did not fix it. Luckily, the weather was not as cold, so several space heaters were used until the Sears to came out. Service rep (nice guy who knew a lot about these systems) said the system was inproperly installed and that the wires had never been tightened causing the wires to MELT! He did not charge for the labor - but still charged $100 for the service call.

4 - I told Sears that I did not want to continue with the purchase of a new system for my 2nd home because of the poor warranty service I received on the previous system.

5 - I called the Sears customer service line at 800-762-3048 to ask for my $100 back since it was a problem with the initial install - something that Sears should take care of themselves. The person who answered could not understand English well enough to take down my number to look in their "system" for my information. She was finally able to understand me enough to send me to another division, but hung up on me while transferring the call - 15 minutes.

6 - I called the number back again and talked to a person learning English again. I had to go through all the same steps with this person, too. He went to transfer my call and I was on hold for 7 minutes before the phone went dead. 22 minutes.

7 - I call again and immediately asked for a manager because the last two efforts were less than rewarding. I still had to go through the whole "phone number and let me look up your information" again. I told him that I was being dropped in transit, so he said to hold for a minute - where I was dropped again. 10 minutes

8 - I called again and asked for a manager again. I was assured that he would stay with this one until he knew there was a manager on the other line. I was on hold for 10 minutes, then I heard some shuffling when someone picked up the line. Then it went dead. 22 minutes

9 - I called again and did the "number" thing, then explained all that had happened so far. The guy assured me that he would not be like the others and he would stick with me on this one. He put me on hold 3 times to see what to do, then he said he was waiting on the manager to come.

I asked if he would take my phone number down so they could call me back if I was hung up on and he said they would. He put me on hold again and the phone went dead after 4 minutes. 30 minutes

10 - I took a break for a couple of hours before calling back so I could keep a cool head. This was really unbelievable so far.

When I called, I asked for a manager again and finally got one (after all the initial "phone number" steps were done) and was told that there were problems with the outsourcing of customer service and they were addressing those issues. She put me through to the money people and after being on hold for a long time, a person answered and took down all my information, telling me that someone would be calling within 24 business hours.

11 - I did one of those "look for your phone number online at Google to see if they are giving out your address" since someone reminded me through an email that it is a good idea. I wasn't even thinking of Sears at this point, but there I see it - plain as day. My name and phone number displayed in a list on one of their contact sheets for new sales of home heating/air systems. I am shocked so I send an email to their customer service center. I got nothing back. I am furious!

12 - One week later, a Sears "National Customer Relations" representative called.

Is this Mr. Cleaver?

"Yes, it is."

"I am Brenda from Sears calling about your heat pump."

"Hi, I'm surprised that it took so... "(she cut me off)

"Excuse me for a second." (she drops the phone and I can hear her turning off the television and getting kids out of the room)

"OK, Mr. Cleaver, about your heater..."

She tells me that after the 1 warranty, the service warranty includes a $100 service charge for each visit. I start to tell her that it is wrong for someone to install something improperly, then charge me for their mistake and that there is an easy fix. Just have someone refund the $100 and all is good.

Mind you, this woman has no concept of customer service whatsoever. I told her about the poor service in scheduling the first two problems with my system AND about the name and # being posted on a Web page. I told her about being on the phone for a long time trying to get a person to help me with a refund. I told her that she didn't seem to want to hear my side of any of this.

She said that she could sit here and lie to me and tell me that she would look into those things if I wanted her to, but it would not help any.

We continued on because I could not believe what I was hearing. I asked why a National Customer Relations representative could not tell me where to go to resolve these problems; Why a National Customer Relations representative could not even apologize for this trouble; why a National Customer Relations representative could not assure me that she will let me know how these problems will be resolved; why a National Customer Relations representative could not even ask what the Web page was so she could have it removed - and mostly, why a National Customer Relations representative was not in possession of any customer service skills to begin with.

She then said that she would look into these things. Then she asked me if it made me feel better now that she said it - even though there was nothing she was going to do about it.

I asked who I could talk to about all of my current concerns and she said I could go up to corporate, but that the problem would come back to her and she would be making this same call again - so I should save myself the trouble.

I told her I understood why Sears service has fallen so far below every other company. It's because people like her are teaching the lower service representatives to treat customers just as she was treating me.

She then said that she has done all she can and that I should have a good weekend. Then she hung up.

Sears Corporate, here I come. Please keep Brenda on your staff so that others can learn from her customer service skills. That way, Sears will eventually not be able to sell anything - thus saving the world from their terrible services.

Oh, and thanks for improperly installing the system so that wires actually MELTED - causing an unsafe environment in my home!

• St
    Steve Feb 26, 2008

I scheduled an appointment for dishwasher repair under warranty. They called the day of the service and said they couldn't make it. We will try again in 10 days.
    I have had to repair my sears brand ice maker numerous times after it had been replaced by sears. Yes, they did show up that time! My Kenmore dryer leaks around the lint trap and fills the shell with lint. Yes, the filter does get cleaned after every load.
    I am highly disappointed with the quality of Sears products and service. Our last Sears dishwasher lasted for years without a single problem. I am done with Sears and all of there related companies.

Mark Feb 29, 2008

I purchased several products from Sears with a 20% off on all purchases over fifty dollars. After I ordered everything I was told that the five hundred dollar band saw I ordered was back ordered and I either had to wait an unspecified amount of time or buy one that cost more money. I relented and bought the more expensive saw. I received everything I ordered except a three hundred dollar belt sander. When I phoned Sears they told me it was coming from a different warehouse and should be to me soon. A week later I phoned again and was told it should have been at my home over two weeks ago. She told me that she would put a search in for it and I should call back on Friday. Friday I phoned to be told that the search would take 5 to 7 days. I requested a supervisor who then told me it would take 7 to 10 days and there was not a thing they would do for me. They would not send another one until they found out what happened to this one. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. No one seems to have the same facts and they really don't care about the customer one bit. A good company would send the merchandise again to satisfy the customer. It is not the customers fault they did not track their merchandise. I will never buy merchandise from Sears again and I suggest to everyone not to purchase from them they do not care about the customer and almost laugh at you when you call. With the old"Have a nice day" sarcastically after the conversation is over.

• Ta
    Tara Mar 11, 2008

What a nightmare! On Feb 24th 2008 my boyfriend and I purchased a new Kenmore washer and dryer. We both work M-F 9-5. The earliest delivery date they had that would work around our work schedule was in 2 weeks! We were scheduled to have them delivered and installed on March 10th between 5 and 9pm and remove our old washer and dryer.

The showed up at 5:30 with the new washer and dryer. One of the guys came into the apartment with me so I could show him where it needs to go (upstairs in the laundry closet within our bedroom). He walked right in with his boots on which he had worn in the alley in the rain. Great. Now I have little rocks and who knows what else from the alley all over my laminate floors!

He then told me that he needed more room in the bedroom to install everything. We had cleared out all that we could the day before and measured to ensure there would be enough space. All that remained in the room was our bed and our wardrobe. I told him that the only way to get more space in there would be to dis-assemble our bed. He said okay, go ahead and take the bed frame apart. He said to give him a call once it was cleared and then he'd come back to install the new appliances and remove the old ones that night.

The specified delivery time was 5-9 pm. They left at 6:00, leaving our new washer and dryer in the middle of our kitchen. I took apart the bed, flipped the mattress against the wall and moved the wardrobe completely out of the way. I called him back at 7:00 (as instructed). When I got a hold of him he told me that he is going home. I'd have to re-schedule another delivery time through the store.

We were outraged! We were promised that he would come back and install everything that night. Now all of a sudden he's going home half way through his shift and we're left with no bed to sleep in and a washer & dryer in the middle of our kitchen!

We called every possible Sears number we could find. The only person who answered the phone was some lady who told us that there's no way we were getting anything installed that night and we'd have to wait until Saturday (it was Monday) for someone to come out. The mattress was at the very back of all the bed frame pieces and the wardrobe. There was no way we could even lay it on the floor.

After spending the night sleeping on our now dirty laminate floors, I made quite a few phone calls the next day. I finally talked to somebody who apologized for what happened and they said the best they could do is have the same guys come out to install everything in 2 days. That means 2 more nights of sleeping on the floor.

What we still cannot understand is how after waiting 2 weeks for a delivery time, this guy can be going home half way through his shift one night, and then be 'completely booked' for the next few nights.
    Apparently Sears contracts out their delivery service and this service doesn't do overtime. Shows how much they care about their customers. I've had Ikea deliver at 10:30pm to keep their promise of a delivery time and keep their customers happy.

I called the store manager and he apologized for us being lied to by the delivery guy and having to sleep on the floor for a few nights, but explained that there was nothing he could do. We had spent over $1000 on the appliances and almost $200 in delivery / installation fees ($50 delivery, $80 washer installation, $20 dryer installation, and $40 for removal of our old washer and dryer). I asked the manager for some sort of compensation for all this. He said he was willing to give us a %50 refund from the delivery fee - the $50 delivery fee that is.

So in the end they're giving us a $25 refund from a $1200 purchase, dirty floors, and a cold hard floor to sleep on for 3 nights. What a joke and what a nightmare!

I will never step foot in another Sears store.

• Je
    jeff Mar 31, 2008

Help! I came home last night at 11 pm. and started a load in my Sears HE5T front loading washer. Very loud grinding noise, not good, **** thing is broke! My manufactures warranty expired at 12 midnight last night! I dont want the runaround like veryone is getting. I cant wait 2 weeks for a technician to come out. Should I call and threaten with an attorney right away? Or am I screwed? Ill take any and all suggestions/phone numbers/etc. Help!

• Valerie Apr 15, 2008

I purchased a Kenmore refrigerator less than 4 years ago and this past weekend the condenser stopped working. I called Sears today and was told that the condenser is not under warranty and it will cost $260 for the part and $65/hour for labour. I only paid $399 for the unit and feel that it should have lasted a whole lot longer than it did. This goes to show how cheaply items are made now as you use to have a fridge for about 10 years before you even thought about replacing. The worst part of this whole thing is that I know I was not talking to a person in the US and that made it even more frustrating.

• Valerie Apr 17, 2008

Went to Sears and bought a surround sound system. It was late and they reactivated an old card of mine. Tried to change the address but they told me to call a number when I got home and do that. I forgot but about a month later called. I was told I didn't have an account there, asked about my husbands and was told they couldn't talk to me about that one. I said even to verify the address - NOPE. Decided to wait for a bill. Bill never came and I forgot about the whole thing. Got a collection agency letter in the mail - Sears NEVER contacted me - NEVER tried to - but turned me over to a collection agency after they racked up like 6 months of interest so wrote off some astronomical amount. I called Sears they couldn't speak to me about this matter (their Customer Service is something to be desired) not even to verify what it was for or anything. Of course we settled with the collection agency IMMEDIATELY because we would have paid our bill if we could just have gotten it in the first place. HOWEVER it is on my credit report as a write off. So a person with perfectly good credit gets a black mark because some company has shady customer service. I've sent a letter to them and now to Citibank with no response (Citibank has taken over their charges I guess). I will not be shopping at Sears anymore and I would recommend that you not charge anything there if you shop there.

A very unhappy person with GREAT credit until this

charles teich Apr 18, 2008

My complaint is regarding an overcharge. The service call on my refrigerator took maybe 30 minutes, the part cost $67 which was marked up at least 100%. The labor was $200. Everyone is entitled to make a profit, but no one likes being ripped off. I will never buy another sears product, and urge family and friends likewise. I tried dealing with these people, and they can care less.

charnissa scott Apr 23, 2008

In september of 2007 i took my son to take his 6 months picture. I had a coupon and was told to present coupon at the showing. I had no problem with that. When I went to view the pictures I was told that I could not use the coupon. I told the employee that I just want to buy some sheet for now. She said I had to buy the whole package. I ended up not buying anything. I can never get that time back of my son. Why is sears portrait offer coupons and do not honor them. Or was their another reason I was denied the use of my coupon and having to purchase the whole package????????

Ana Feliciano Apr 23, 2008

Since January a check was mailed to the delivery site . I called every month to notify the correct mailing address and staff continued mailing the check to place that the ref and freezer was delivered and that I do not receive mail due to is a new subdivision an we do not have access to mailboxe.

• De
    densie Apr 25, 2008

sears delivery sucks!! i have been waiting for a washer and dryer since february 2008!!! it is now April 25, 2008!!! the delivery guy oscar gomez @ 915-850-4675 called me today to confirm delivery between 2:15 - 4:15 i said ok. then he calls me a little later to tell me that he is done with his route early and wanted to go to my home now. i said no we agreed on 2:15-4:15 he said fine then ill just put you at the end of my route so i asked between 2:15-4:15? and he said after 3:00 i said ok i called my husband up and told him after 3:00 and he said ok. i get a call from oscar and he said I'm at your house and no one is home I'm leaving. its 2:15!!! he said I'm here and your not so I'm leaving. ###!!! called to complain to sears not that they care. i have to wait until may for redelivery!!!so I'm getting my money back and I'm going to try to do this all over again only at a different store. obviously sears doesn't care. $2, 400 is alot of money for a washer and dryer!!! oh well

• Pa
    PAT REEDY Apr 30, 2008

ON JAN 16, I ORDERED FROM SHOP AT HOME FOR ITEMS, CAN OPENER, PEDOMETER, 11-BEAM FLASHLIGHTS, . I ORDERED THESE ON MY SEARS STATEMENT ENVELOPE, IT STATED THESE ITEMS WOULD BE $4.95, I ORDERED 8 ITEMS, AND NOW I AM CHARGED $120.76 FOR THESE ITEMS.

I THINK THAT SEARS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWING THIS FALSE ADVERTISING. IT IS A RIP-OFF FOR CUSTOMERS.
    POSTED 4-30-08 BY PAT.

• Valerie May 04, 2008

We purchased all our appliances from Sears. It seems the customer service these days is terrible. The service technicians just don't show up for appointments. You spend all day waiting at home for a no show. When we called to complain, nothing gets done. We waited home for a service call on our washer on at least five different occasions. The technician was a no show. Apparently he just decided to cancel our appointment without notifying us. It wasn't until I called to see where he was, that I was told the appointment had been cancelled with no reason.

Also, the service technicians tramp dirt from the outside through your house. They have also damaged my washer and dishwasher while doing a service call on these appliances. While snapping the front of the washer back in place, they cracked a panel, which Sears refuses to replace. I find this very unsatisfactory, since the washer was almost new and cost allot.

While putting the panel back on the dishwasher, the guy didn't put the panel on properly and the screw at the side completely gauged my front panel.

One time while fixing my washer, they pulled it out and tore my vinyl floor.

I could go on with the damage that has been caused in my home by the service technicians.

• Valerie May 09, 2008

On April 13th, I dropped off my Craftsman model weedeater to have the trigger replaced. It took me almost 10 minutes before anyone even came over to help me, which should have been my first sign to run out the door. Once someone finally came to help me I told them what was wrong with the weedeater and the work I wanted done. They could not find my name in the system until they looked me up at an old address (from 3 years ago) and did not update my new information. I was told I would have to pay a $30 service charge because the unit was no longer under warranty but that the $30 would be applied to any services. I asked the associate if he knew how much it would cost to replace the trigger and he told me they had no way of knowing but that I could set a limit on how much the service would cost so they couldn't do work without my authorization. I told him I wanted a $30 limit since I had already paid $30. He again said they would call me to get authorization and I asked him to make sure they call my new number so he put a note in the system. He told me the weedeater would be ready on 4/28/08 and they would call me when it was ready to pick up.

4/28/08 came by and I heard nothing from Sears. I called the Customer service number to check on the status of the repair and an Indian woman who I could barely understand could not find my information in the system. I finally gave her my phone number from 3 years and she was able to pull it up but she said it was still not in and could give me no explanation why.

On 5/1/08 I had to go to the Mall for another reason so I stopped into the store and asked about the status of my repair. The associate told me that it was still being worked on and would not be ready until 5/4/08. I again verified that they had my correct phone number in the system and talked to the manager to see if they could update the info since the lady on the phone had been unable to find me in the system. She said there was no way they could do that while the work order was open but assured me that they would call me at my current number and explained the weedeater was out because they had had to order the trigger. She told me it looked like it would be back to the store on 5/4/08 and gave me the number of the store to call to speak to someone who could tell me the status of my weedeater.

I still had not heard from Sears by 5/6/08 so I called the store to see if it was back. They associate who answered the phone said it was there and had been there since Sunday. I asked her why I had not been called and she said she didn't know. I told her I would be in that evening to pick it up.

When I arrived at the store an associate came out and told me I had a balance to pay before I could get my weedeater. I asked him how much and he told me $60!!! I asked him how it could be so much, it was a broken trigger that should have cost, max, $40. I expressed my frustration that I had NEVER been called to authorize them to fix the weedeater at that price. He apologized and said he wasn't sure if they could do anything. My boyfriend and I told him we wanted to speak to the manager and he said he would get her. We waited for about 5 minutes and the associate came back and said the manager had told him that we had no choice, we could either pay the $60 and get our weedeater back or be out our $30 deposit and they would keep it. I again said I wanted to speak to the Manager as both choices were unacceptable and he said he would have her come over. When she came over we asked if she had remembered us from last time and she said she did. We explained how poor our customer service had been throughout the service period and the fact that no one had called us to authorize the repairs. All she would say is that we had the two above choices and there was nothing we could do about it. She kept telling us that either way we were out the $30, which we said we understood, but I kept trying to explain to her that I didn't think I should have to pay the $60 since it had not been authorized by me. She kept interrupting and saying either she couldn't do anything about it or that either way we were out the $30. I explained to her that I could get a brand new weedeater for $90, which is the same price as what I would be paying for my old one for the so-called service. I asked what had cost so much and she would not explain the charges, she would only say that the service was $60/hour. My boyfriend asked her if that was the standard rate and she said it was. I asked why I had not been told that when I had dropped it off, as I had asked the associate, and she said she didn't know why. I told her I was extremely unhappy and that I would never be a customer at sears again. She shrugged her shoulders at me! I asked for phone numbers of her manager so I could talk to them and she gave me a number so I could complain to the service but would not give me any numbers for Sears. My boyfriend suggested to her as a fellow retail employee that she should have her employees tell people the rates, especially when the know them, if they wanted to avoid these kinds of problems. She looked at him like he had a horn growing out of his head, said she there was nothing else she could do, and started to walk away. My boyfriend asked her if she would wait a minute so we could decide if we were going to pay the $60 or get a new one. She said she would and walked into the office.

After we walked over and looked at the weedeater's (and verifying that, in, fact, a new one does cost $90) I told him I had been insulted, by both the process and the manager, that I was not giving Sears one more cent of mine again. He agreed and we went over to let the manager know that we would not be taking the weedeater back but she would not come out of the office (we waited for another 5 minutes). We were so disgusted at that point that we left.

Antoinette May 12, 2008

I found the Gas Grill I wanted to surprise my husband with for our 36th wedding anniversary on sale at Sears. Total purchase price with extended warranty and tax was $353.23. I purchased it on Saturday May 10th. The cashier tried to sell me the floor display, I asked if they had it in stock for assembly, which was to be done by a Sears employee. Yes they had 6 in stock. I asked if they could have it assembled by Monday around 2:30. The sales person said that would not be a problem, thus I purchased it. Monday at 3:30 we went to the store to pick it up. Well, there was nothing there for me. The had the grill, but not assembled. I spoke to the manager, Marie I think, she said the sales associate made an error and did not indicate I wanted it assembled ! So why did I not take it home on Saturday when I purchased it? I explained that it was an anniversary gift and that we had 18 people at our home waiting to BBQ. She asked that we give her a couple hours and she would have it put together. OK fine we will be back. Well when we returned 2+ hours later, they had put it together alright...looked like grade school kids did it. It was all scratche up, It had 2 doors in the front of which 1 hung down lower by at least 3 inches, and to top it off as they wheeled it out one of the wheels feel off!! Fell right off. At that time we asked to see the Manager, who by the way had already left for the day, so the acting manger Angie came out. She saw all the flaws and said that we could bring this grill home to use and that when the regular employee who puts the grills together returns on the 20th of the month we can bring this one back and he will assemble a new one ! Why in the world would I bring home this piece of junk that I paid over $300.00 for. Or she would give us $30.00 OFF as an inconvenience credit. Are you kidding me? Needless to say I got a full refund, and went to Lowe's who by the way put a grill together for me in 1 hour and the grill is a much nicer one and they meet Sears sales price. I will no longer shop at sears. Lowe's has my business from here on out. There are so many people out of work today, sears needs to fire their incompetent employees and hire people who take pride in their work. Apologies mean nothing when they were so willing to refund my money verses either putting another grill together for me on the spot, (but no, everyone had gone home for the day), or offer to upgrade it. No they would rather loose a sale and a loyal customer. Thats fine with me Sears loss is Lowe's gain. Beware what Sears promises you.

• Valerie May 13, 2008

Until now, we have bought all of our major appliances at Sears -- but NEVER again!

We bought a Maytag dryer and the delivery date was set for a week later. On the day of the delivery, I was looking forward to arriving home to find my old dryer gone and my new dryer hooked up and ready to process a week of dirty clothes. Instead I found the dryer in the middle of the downstairs hall, blocking all access. The old dryer was gone but the new dryer wouldn't fit through the door so they just left it! My daughter explained that we would need to solve the door problem (that makes sence) and then call them to have it installed. However, they didn't leave a number to call.

I had to crawl over the dryer to just get in my bedroom!

I removed the door (easy) and moved the dryer into place. I then had no choice except to hook it up myself so we could have some clean clothes to wear.

When I purchased the dryer, I also purchased a new power cord (not included?) and a new exhaust hose. They didn't leave an exhaust hose and the power cord they installed was the wrong one. I spent the evening running back and forth to Home Depot getting the necessary parts, installing the parts and getting the dryer hooked up. WHAT A PAIN!! And I had paid extra to have this done for me!

The next day I called Sears to complain about the incident and get a refund of the extra parts I had paid for. They were nice about it, apologized for the "inconvenience" and promised a quick refund. Then they did nothing.

A number of days later I called back and yelled at them. They apologized again and promised a refund. They even offered a gift card for all the problems. Then they did nothing... again.

I called back today and spoke to a manager who explained that I had to take this up with the store -- they couldn't do anything about it. AHHHH!!!

So I called the Sears store and wrestled through their ASININE automatic phone system only to be hung up on twice and dropped in a void once. Once I ended up speaking to their credit card service, who (of course) couldn't help me and told me to "call the store". I still have not been able to speak to a human by calling SEARS.

D&#* YOU SEARS!!

So it is worth it to drive half a hour to the store to get my $30 refund?

I probably will just to vent my extreme anger AT THE ENTIRE STORE, AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS!!

How is it that a major store like this can have such poor service now?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good place to buy appliances?

• Al
    Allen May 13, 2008

I have had very similar issues with Sears, I no longer shop there. They do not care about customers wants and or needs. All they care about is that quick sale.

• Ro
    Rosemary Jones May 21, 2008

We purchased a comb over /microwave in July 2007. Less than a year, April 2008, the microwave stop working. Contact Sears, appointment was set, they came and said that it was installed incorrectly. And by the way, we paid Sears to do the installing. The tech could not repair it because he had to order a part. In the meantime I talked with our sale agent, Les to get the installer out to reinstall the unit correctly before the part comes in. Les left it with the store manager to follow up. I called the contractors, Lazers and they told me they understand the problem but a sales agent from the store called and hung up on the owner and it is out of their hands and for me to contact Sears. Today is the 21st of July. The service tech has been out to our home 4-5 times and still the microwave is out of order... they order another part. I've been calling the 1-800 number tell them the problem and they hung up on me. I finally called Parts department and the agent contacted Service and she told me nothing else they can do until the part comes in.

This is unacceptable. Why couldn't the part be overnight to correct this problem. I have a build-in loose because the Tech didn't secure the unit because he's waiting on the part.

I just can't believe SEARS... just give me a new unit! My husband is disable who has been getting up every week to support this. We tell them morning and of course they show up at 11:50am. This is a BIG problem each week... throwing my husband medicine routine off. Now its the holiday weekend coming up, relatives and friends over and microwave still out of service. They will hear the stories as well as others who I will be in contact with.

Just unbelievable!

• Valerie May 22, 2008

Customer support does not respond to my complains on a Calypso Elite washing machine. It stains the white clothes and build mold. I first received a letter from SEARS, September / October 2004, requesting the use of HE detergents and monthly washing the machine with Chlorine Beach!!! Wash the washer??? I made the first call November 16, 2004, they told me, we will call you back in 2 days November 29, 2004, I call again, they told me, we will call you back, this time I request person name Marian at 9:30 am.

December 21, 2004, I call them and they do not know about my complain, they are sending a technician December 27??? I call to Erick first and James second 2:20 pm. This machine is a Rip-Off!

• Ji
    JimVer May 23, 2008

I purchased a Used Portable AC which had 3 years left on the Master Protection Agreement. No where in the agreement did it state the the original owner had to approved of Transferability. It states that This MPA is transferable to any subsequent owner of the covered products, subject to the terms and conditions of this MPA. I have the original receipt and the MPA what more do they need. I have no way of finding the original owner I bought the thing over a year ago . The original owner paid $539.98 for the AC and $89.99 for the MPA plus tax for a total of $581.56.

So I am stuck with a $581.00 piece of junk