Having problems with Sears?

Sears reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 19, 2006. The latest review Product not received was posted on Apr 8, 2021. The latest complaint kenmore refrigerator was resolved on Sep 13, 2018. Sears has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 2491 reviews. Sears has resolved 939 complaints.

Sears Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 665 2127 (Sears Home Services)
+1 866 850 0518 (New Orders)
+1 877 550 9254 (Existing Orders)
3333 Beverly Road
Hoffman Estates, Illinois

Sears Complaints & Reviews

Searswarranty repair and customer service

Worst possilbe customer service. Waited two weeks for an appt on refrigerator, was told appt times were between 8 and 5, which is terrible. But that they would call the day before and day of with a two hour window time. No phone call made, even signed up for text messaging. One automated call the evening before said to check website for estimated time of arrival... It said between 8 and 5! I waited the following morning,, no word. Decided it would be safe to take a shower. Apparently the serviceman came but didnt even ring doorbell, instead left a note on my garage door! I certainly would have expected it on my front door.

After calling back, speaking to avery rude person that said you missed him you will need to reschedule. I explained what happened and that I had taken off work and needed him to return. She rudely said again that that wasn't possible. I ask to speak with her manager and waited five minutes on hold to get disconnected. I called again spoke to a very nice lady and after explaining was told she would certainly have the tech return to fixed my refrigerator and she was very apologetic, then about twenty minutes pass and someone called and said, needed to be rescheduled they certainly cant come back today. I called the escalation dept and again spoke with very rude people who told be they would do what they could but should go ahead and reschedule now. But they could give a two hour window! they said routing would call me and so far nothing. I and going to have to get this repaired and pay out of pocket as I need my refrigerator. The most rude people that do not know what they are doing that I have ever dealt with. Nothing will ever be purchased again sears!

Sears Brands — kenmore 74015 french door bottom freezer - call center deceptive practices

Nightmare with Sears: Sears Customer Service Bait and Switch techniques Sales # [protected] / purchased on...

Sears Brandshome repair

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

I'm writing to express my sincere disappointed and frustration with the home repair department. Today, I contacted your 888 number to schedule an repair appointment for my Kenmore refrigerator. I elected the technician come to my house between 10 am - 2 pm, I asked that I be called prior to the technician showing up. The customer service representative confirmed someone would call my cell phone number [protected] because I was on my way to work. At 1:49 pm I called the 888 number to advise I hadn't been notified and the first representative told me the day is not over maybe the technician is running late and I should just wait. This response wasn't acceptable so I asked to cancel the home repair warranty I agreed to early on the first call. I was transferred to someone just to again tell the above to be put on hold and be transferred again. The representative was also from Home Warranty she placed me on hold and stated there was 6 houses on the technician schedule, he was at house number 4. She further stated he arrived at house 4 at 1:42 pm and that I was number 5 on the list and someone would call my cell phone to advise me when he was on his way. So I came home around 2:30 pm and found stating the technician was at my house at 1:59 pm. I immediately called the number on the note and was told the technician would return. Around 4:39 pm to again inquiry about my appointment and was told the technician was at my house at 2:15 pm and that a call was placed to my home phone number [protected].While on the phone I received a text stating my appointment was rescheduled to 1/30/2018. A supervisor, Addison stating that unfortunately there was no technician available until 1/30/2018 to access my refrigerator.

I requested Corporates' number and was told by Addison that he didn't have a phone number and I could file a complaint by emailing [protected]@customerservice.com. I sent an email just to have it returned undeliverable.

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! I am a loyal Sears customer and I was given incorrect information each time I interacted with Sears staff, nevertheless my refrigerator is still not cooling, I am forced to contact another company and pay weekend fees.

To say I am upset is an understatement. Please review my complaint and contact me regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

Donna L. Carter
    [protected]

Shaun R. Jan 26, 2018

I've reviewed the complaint Ms. Carter. Unfortunately, each service may take an undetermined amount of time. As such, it really is important to make yourself available.

Sears Directrefund not received

I ordered a part for a Kenmore hot water heater on [protected]. Two days later I was informed that the part had been back ordered and was not given any estimate as to when the part was to be delivered. I then called Sears Direct to cancel the order. The lady I spoke with told me the order would be cancelled and that I would receive a refund. I got another email today (1-23-17) informing me the part had been back ordered. This aroused my suspicion because I shouldn't be getting information on an order that had been cancelled so I called Sears Direct again. This time I was told I would have to wait until the back ordered part arrived at my home and to then return it and pay the return shipping cost. During this time my payment is tied up with Sears and I'm to be saddled with shipping costs to return an item that hasn't even been shipped to me yet. When payments to Sears can be transacted over the internet in a matter of minutes, but they can't handle something as simple as cancelling an order there is something wrong.

Sears — kenmore dryer

On or about 21st.of January we had service appointment that was made.In home repair for a dryer that would...

Searsmaster protection agreement

We purchase an over the range microwave oven and it was installed by Sears on April 11, 2015, we also purchased 5 years MPA and was told that Sears would cover any repairs or replacement we required until April 11, 2020.
        On January 9, 2018, as I was preparing oatmeal with toasted walnuts, as I had done hundreds of times before, there was electrical sparks and heavy black smoke coming out of the center. I center had melted and the smell was like an electrical fire. I called Sears and they sent a repair man the next.
        The repairman told me that he could not repair the oven and that it was not covered by the protection agreement because I had not used it properly. He, personally, did not agree with this, but it was not his decision. I called Sears National Customer Relations.
        Sears Rep. said they would schedule another repairman within 24 - 48 hours. After 48 hours, I called them back and found out that no one was scheduled was, nor any report filed.
        Then, as luck would have it, a salesperson called to try to sale me another Sears warrant, and I told her about my Sear's failure to honor their agreement. She looked up my complaint. She told me that Sears did not cover any failure that resulted in a fire, and that it was my fault because I should have read the agreement when I bought it. Like, if I had read it, I would have known that when it failed it would be because it caught on fire.
        I will never, ever, ever, purchase anything from Sears again. I heard that Sears is close to going under - now I know why.

Sears Brands — kenmore elite washer

I am so angry right now I can't type and have had to restart this complaint twice. I have used Sear...

Sears Brandsitem not delivered on time

I purchase a grill (lay away) on 11/05/17. my final payment was on 12/30/17. according to the associate at the store the grill will be there the following week. I whent to pick it up at the pick up department the following week and its not there and is not showing on the system neither. I waited another week, I whent today 1/13/18 to check on the status of my grill and is still not at the pick up center. This time the associate try calling the assistant manager to come and talk to me, but she or he never came out. The associate comes back and gives me a number to call to track down my item??. he provided me with this number [protected]. The representative couldn't help me neither. I also chat with a guy name Rhys online and he wasn't able to help me neither, he provided me with a number again, so here again I call and nothing they couldn't help me. it has become so inconvenience. any help would be appreciated.

thanks
          juan perez

Sears Brandskenmore french door with ice maker

Ice maker not working again. 4th time in less than 2 years old.
            Repair services were out three times in first year. Fix lasted 12 months. Repair quote is $350 to replace icemaker, since a sensor went out and it is connected to whole unit. This issue was considered a design flaw then band-aided temporarily. What now. Paid for counter-depth French door, freezer on bottom, stainless steel frig for our new kitchen with a new stove, washer and dryer, all Kenmore. Kenmore, are you willing to stand behind your product and services? Just want us to purchase a new product? After spending about $5000 for Kenmore products, it is reasonable to expect more than two years from this type of an appliance at these costs. Let me know if you can correct this situation.

Shaun R. Jan 13, 2018

Hi Ava. I'd like to help. I'd appreciate just a little more information though. Did you purchase any additional extended warranty program with these appliances?

Sears Canadakenmore vacuum cleaner - failed to repair, no response, no help to solve issue

I bought a Kenmore vacuum cleaner from Sears Canada at Oakville Place store ( Closed now ) about 2, 5 months ago.It is partially broken after 1 month of purchase, for one month I'm trying to get it repaired but no support or response from Sears. Kenmore is just a brand name and supported by Sears only as I understand. I called different numbers, no solutions.. some of them saying they are not dealing with small items, some of transferring to others...wrote down their web side as a customer request..I just want it to be repaired under the warranty because I only used it only 1 month, is it too difficult ?

Sears Brands — home warranty

1/8/2018 * Update Information* On Friday, Jan. 5, 2018 We received our reimbursement check for the repair...

Sears Brands — kenmore refrigerator model [protected]

Hello fellow consumers, I ordered this part from a refrigerator that has had nothing but problems from day...

Sears/Kenmorekenmore elite refrigerator

8/30/17-bought fridge, 11/21/17-compressor died, 12/7/17-tech showed up, compressor not here, 12/27/17-new compressor installed, 12/29/17-fridge temp 50F, Freezer temp-30F, 1/3/17-tech came, fridge evaporator needs replaced. Both manager & tech said we should be given a new fridge. Of course that didn't happen. Tech won't be back until 1/19/17 to install new fridge evaporator. We've not had use of this fridge for 46 days now. Umm...this might be part of the reason why Sears is closing so many stores. Consumer lack of confidence in their appliances.

Sears Master Protection Agreementheat pump

It's the coldest week on record and we have been without heat for nearly 2 weeks! Heat pump maintenance done in October and tech said a part was failing but Sears won't cover it until total malfunction. That happened on 12/27 Sears doesn't send anyone until 12/30. He gets it working but it dies 6 hours later. We call again and no o e comes until 1/3/18! That get says the compressor failed and they have to order a new one. That's the last we heard! It is 10 degrees outside. I called today and they say they have no idea when it will come in. I called around town and found 5 of them, one less than a mile from the house. Never get anything from Sears and get heat pumps from a local company that values customers!! I worked at Sears in the early 1990s and the company respected & valued customers. Staff was instructed to bend over backwards to satisfy the customer. In recent years they have been going g under and the reason why is clear.

Sears Brandsterrible customer service in the automotive department

My name is Warner Howard. My number is [protected]. I took my car in to get a slow leak repaired in my rear driver side tire. I was told I would be called upon completion of service. Instead, I returned to the shop to find that it was closed with my tire unrepaired and my keys still in the shop without anyone calling me. An associate in another department contacted Ernest (the man at the auto department's front desk) for an explanation. Ernest said that he called me and left a voicemail. There was never a call or voicemail. To top it all off, I was told to purchase a gift card to cover the cost of labor. I was never contacted, lied to, and charged for labor that didn't result in a fixed or new tire.

Sears Brandsrepair services

Sears repair services suck.
                      We have american home shield insurance on our appliances and such. Not had any problems with ahs since we bought the house. Sears is one of their contractors.

We had a problem with sears showing up on the scheduled day/time (8-5) a month or so back - the tech called about noon and said he had to reschedule because a job he was on ran way over. Ok - we get that. All sorts of things take longer - dr's appointments, car repairs, electronics repairs, etc we get that.

Sssooooo we called ahs last thursday because the dryer broke. Again asears product. Sears appliance repair called friday and scheduled an appointment for today 8-5. We had a couple automated calls over the weekend including one yesterday afternoon at 3:35 that we had an appointment today 8-5.

At about 1240 today, sherry answered feb's phone and they are rescheduling to friday.

So, I spent 45 minutes on hold to speak to a rep. Then she can't find my phone number in the system - I said she was full of [censor] they called several times over the weekend. We gave them feb's number as well because I was working and it was under that. Both numbers got the automated calls.

Anyhow, after another 10 minutes on hold - she came back and said they rescheduled because they didn't have a truck in the area.

Totally unsat sears.

I will never buy another sears appliance, especially with them cutting stores.

Shaun R. Jan 03, 2018

Although I can appreciate being frustrated, I'd refrain from using profanity. Doing so will generally not aid in your effort to be helped and can more easily get you disconnected.

Searswashing machine

I called Sears to set up an appointment to check our washing machine and the tech came to check the problem. On Dec. 5th, he ordered some parts and we had to wait until the parts before making an appointment to do the repair. the followup appointment was scheduled for Dec. 15th. We waited and did not hear from the tech as to when he would arrive. I called Sears Service around four pm to find out why he didn't show up. I was told that the original tech called in sick and therefore we had to reschedule. I asked why someone didn't call to let us know that he would not make it. It was very irritating the way the person I was speaking to because he really could care less and didn't even say he was sorry about it and had a poor attitude. I rescheduled the service call to Dec. 21st. The tech came and said another part should have been ordered and the job required two people to do the repair. He spoke to his supervisor and ordered the part and left. I had to reschedule another appointment for Dec. 29th. The tech who came on the 21st around 3 pm and said he wouldn't be coming because he didn't have another tech to help him. I had to reschedule again, this time for Jan. 5th. Since when did Sears stop caring about it's customers. In the past the techs always arrived on schedule and always let you know how soon he would arrive. Repairs were always taken care of and I didn't have to keep rescheduling. We have been with Sears since 1966 and this is the worst they have ever been. I can't even speak to someone who is in charge.

Searspoor service

I have a master service agreement. it covers my panasonic t. v. for in store repairs. I loaded the t. v. into my van when it quit working and took it to the sears store at lakeside mall in sterling heights michigan where I was told to take it home and call for service. I told them that my contract says in store repairs not in home. they refused to take it and they never looked at it. I took it back home unloaded it and took it back in the house and called the 1-800-4my-home for the repair. they told me to take it to the store and drop it off for the repair as my contract states. I told them I had tried that but they refused to take it and I should call for in home repairs. they also told me that if I wanted for the service man to service it at my home it would be an additional charge of $50.00. I put the 200 pound + t. v. back into my van and returned to the store to drop it off for service. the store refused to take the t. v. for repairs telling me to take it home and call for a repair person to come to my home for repairs. after an hour of arguing they finally looked at my contract and the t. v. and decided to take it in for the repairs. this all happened on 12/31/2017

Sears Brandsrepair and customer service

I have been trying to have an issue resolved since 12/16/17 through Sears and not only has Sears refused to attempt to understand the issue and attempt to resolve it appropriately, I have been harassed and lied to by Sears chat personnel, Sears telephone personnel and through the email continually since 12/22/17 and especially throughout the holiday and still the matter remains unresolved and Sears refuses to even attempt to 1.) understand what the issue is but 2.) not even attempt to resolve the issue. See Case No. 5456507

I want to file a claim for moneys already paid to Sears and for the total cost of the repair still not yet fixed. Compensation should also be made for the harassment, stress and the additional money it is costing me in order to address this issue.

The Case No. 5456507

I have been attempting an appropriate resolution with Sears since 12/22/17 and only been met with lies and harassment by Sears chat personnel, telephone personnel and continually through email, which is still happening to date.

I had a service tech in my home on Saturday, 12/16/17. He at that time took my money and stated a part needed to be ordered. A Dryer belt for which I already provided the model number to the chat personnel upon making the appointment a week prior. At the time of payment to Sears' tech he informed me that once I received the part to telephone the company in order to have him come back and put the belt on. I was informed at that time that there would be no issue with arranging a Saturday appointment as Sears already took my money and they only needed to be put on. The part should have been here by that coming Wednesday but it didn't arrive until Friday, 12/22/17 at which time I telephoned as instructed to make an appointment. As the part did not arrive until Friday evening I knew the reality of not having an appointment set for the very next day and was "alright" with the following Saturday (12/30/17). When I telephoned as instructed by the tech I was informed that Sears does not offer Saturday appointments but they would reach out to tech given my initial service was on a Saturday to see if they would/could come on Saturday, 12/30/17. I was told at that time that I would be receiving a telephone call once the tech was contacted. Today is 12/31/17 and not only did I not have an appointment set for 12/30/17, I never received a telephone call as promised. I was told through your chat forum that I could/should file a claim as they did not address the issue. I have attempted to file a claim and have a resolution to this problem having already paid for service not honored as paid for and now I have to take time off from work in order to meet Sears' service date not the one I was promised and paid for. I have since 12/22/17 been harassed through your email option by all your service staff who refused to 1.) understand the issue, 2.) address the issue and 3.) offer a proper resolution. Their continued claims that I needed to wait to file a claim against Sears until after the service date of Tuesday, 1/2/18 is not only harassing but not addressing the issue as the service date is/was the issue. I paid Sears for a follow up SATURDAY appointment and on good faith followed up with Sears as instructed to make a Saturday appointment only to be told that Sears does not offer Saturday appointment and yet the tech was in my home on Saturday, 12/16/17 and stated a Saturday appointment was not an issue!!! Since 12/22/17, Sears personnel have lied to me about follow up telephone calls, continually have harassed me through email-intentionally ignoring the issue, have caused undue stress on me and my family especially given their harassment throughout the holiday and is costing me even more money for a repair that I paid money to Sears for given I have to take time off from work in order to meet Sears' date and NOT the one I was promised and paid for. I want to file a claim for not only the cost of the repair and compensation for the time I need to take off from work but for the harassment and lies I have had to endure since 12/22/17. I hope this information is helpful as I am at the end of my rope. No one should have to endure the harassment and stress that I have endured since 12/22/17. Never again will I deal with Sears and will certainly advise others to avoid Sears as well.

• Updated by PiperRJL · Dec 31, 2017

The issue is the SERVICE DATE and the TREATMENT received!!! Please read what I have written. Can you assist or could you kindly provide me with someone that can.

• Updated by PiperRJL · Dec 31, 2017

It appears that you did not read or understand what I have written and that you have no power or avenues to assist in the harassment of customers of Sears. Thank you for your time.

• Updated by PiperRJL · Jan 01, 2018

I appears you did not read what has occurred as you have not addressed anything of what I have written and which has and continues to occur.You have no comprehension of what has occurred. I came here for hopes of assistance/guidance/direction in a matter of continued harassment by Sears and the lack of attempting to resolve an issue after taking my money. It also appears that you not only have no intent on assisting but you have no power or avenues to do so. I thank you again for your time and ask that this exchange end.

• Updated by PiperRJL · Jan 02, 2018

You are certainly entitled to your opinion although, I do believe you are wrong. Writing is certainly opened to interpretation and for you stating I was rude was, in my opinion, extremely rude. It is unfortunate that people have to be so unjustly judgmental. I came here in hopes of guidance/direction/help and have met nothing but unkindness.

pobarjenkins Jan 06, 2018

"It also appears that you not only have no intent on assisting"

If the user above had no intent on assisting you, why would they comment here? Why would they ask questions and give advice? Why would I inform you that this website is not affiliated with Sears?

"you have no power or avenues to do so."
                                Additionally, once I advised you that Sears would not assist you here, why did you continue to post?

pobarjenkins Jan 03, 2018

I think the original user responding to you has been very kind. They are trying to help you with no benefit to themselves.

pobarjenkins Jan 02, 2018

I don't believe Shaun R. works for Sears. The user is just trying to offer advice out of kindness and you are being fairly rude. I hope you are kinder to the employees you speak with, as being unkind will get you the bare minimum of assistance.

As I said above, this website is not affiliated with Sears. They cannot help you here.

Hi Piper.

I appreciate reading your recent reply. It appears you've run out of patients on every level. That's unfortunate. I think the confusion, from the very beginning, is what the real problem is/was. More important to having someone visit you on a weekend, is having your dryer repaired, no? Without a repaired dryer, all of this is for not. Because this weekend has already passed, it would stand to reason that one would rather have an earlier January 2nd appointment, that is only two days away, than one down the road, possibly several weekends away. I know I'd rather have my appliance working now than later. If you'd rather have the appointment for Tuesday canceled, that can absolutely take place.

Now the question becomes what you might expect Sears to do for you because of what you consider the duress of what you've had to endure? I am very sorry if this seems blunt, but better it come from here than about anywhere else. Things break. As far as we know, the dryer is extremely old; which is why it likely isn't under warranty. That's frustrating. It means you need a service tech to determine the problem, which he/she has done and hopefully correct. In doing so, there was a suggestion that, after the necessary part arrived, someone could return to install said part. For some reason they stated it could be done on a Saturday, which hasn't happened and has got you even more stressed out. For the extra time to contact people and make the additional arrangements to meet a service tech, you want further compensation or something else, which isn't quite clear. So here is the most polite and nicest way of telling you: life happens. Some days you have to get up and put out effort you didn't intend to. In the end, when you need help to get an appliance running, you get a good enough service technician that can get it functioning, and you pay him/her for that. If you need to take time out of an otherwise busy schedule to deal with the issue, than that's what you do. And, hopefully, if one time doesn't serve your purpose, you schedule at a different time. And if someone tries to help you when you have a scheduling conflict, you provide a little more patients and are grateful that someone is trying to assist you.

At this point, it doesn't sound as if Sears is capable of assisting you further. Why not contact a different local service center that might be able to serve you more to your liking? If the part you now have is the one required, you should be able to find someone which will gladly come out on a given Saturday and install it for you.

Hi Piper.

I appreciate a more full account of what you are dealing with.

I know having any product properly serviced becomes frustrating and trying to align schedules, especially in this case, is that much more so. I would suggest that we still wait to address anything further until after Tuesday, January 2nd, just so we can make sure the desired outcome of the repair is reached.

If I may get just a few additional details: What brand and model of dryer is this? When was it purchased? Was it under any form of warranty? How much was paid/charged for the parts and replacement of said belt?

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

pobarjenkins Dec 31, 2017

This is a public complaints forum and is not directly associated with Sears. It is likely they will not be able to see your complaint here. It's possible that the users here could suggest assistance if you provide more details.

Please note that you will most likely not receive compensation for your time or for harassment unless you file some sort of lawsuit.

Hi Piper.

I'd like to try and be of some help. Can you supply any more details?

• Pi
                                PiperRJL Dec 31, 2017

@Shaun R. Thank you for your response. What more details would be of help?

Shaun R. Dec 31, 2017

@PiperRJL Let's start with what this issue is, along with any further details you'd like to provide.

Searsreturn of a christmas present

My son in law received two shirts for Christmas that were purchased on Oct 29, 2017, however he did not receive them until Dec 25, 2017, the shirts were not the correct size. I went to the store today with the original receipt & explained that these were given for a Christmas gift just to be told that it was over your 30 day return policy and that your extended return policy started on November 1st, you are talking about 2 days. The shirts don't fit and you all will not exchange the shirts for a larger size and nor will you refund the money, so from what I can see as a consumer you all are a thief. If I had not had my receipt I may could understand better why it could not have been done but for someone to tell me when I asked what I was suppose to do with the shirts because they are too small I was told that I could give them to Goodwill. Just one problem with that and that is not supporting Goodwill this gift was for my family member. I would you like it if someone told you that if you were in my shoes. Sometimes rules should be bent and this was one of them considering how much business I have done with your company and now I fully understand why Sears and Kmart are in the financial trouble that they are in. I will never shop or patronize your stores again and I will strongly encourage anybody that I know not to deal with you all by what was done to me. Whatever happened to customer satisfaction OH let me guess it went in the greedy thieving pockets of Sears Corporate Officers so they can further sit back eating they steaks and taking their cruises. Your so called acting manger by the name of Susan and the sales clerk Mica at the Danville Sears Store 01025 at 325 Piedmont Dr. Danville should make you proud, while Mica that was at the Jewelry counter was making a very sarcastic remark and look on her face. If you all do to all of your customers as I was done today then you deserve to loose your customers and in the end the store will close and that should make you really proud. I am out of the product and the money thus making Sears nothing more than an everyday common thief.

Shaun R. Dec 29, 2017

Hi Mr. or Ms. Barrington.

Frustrating as it may seem, any store needs to set some point of not being able to return or exchange for the holiday season. I would think most people shopping for Christmas in October, if not earlier, would understand and hopefully take extra precautions. In this case, the consumer has a product although one that he/she has no use for now, so the analogy of a thief seems beyond reason.

Maybe the best thing to do is locate the same shirt(s) in the size needed, purchase them and call it all good. By doing so, you still make things right for your son-in-law.