Having problems with Sallie Mae Bank?

1844 827 7478 (School Assist)
+1 855 756 5626 (New Student Loans)
+1 800 472 5543 (Existing Student Loans)
+1 877 346 2756 (Savings Products)
+1 877 978 1710 (Upromise GoalSaver Accounts)
+1 888 279 2828 (Upromise by Sallie Mae)
+1 302 451 4912 (School Assist)
+1 877 456 6221 (School Assist)
300 Continental Drive
Newark, Delaware
United States - 19713

Complaints & Reviews

Scams, scams and more scams

I have done nothing but battle with SM for over 3 years now. Here is the latest - I have been overpaying my...

Terrible service!

I have trying to ask a general question, but no one seems to be able to help me without my sons information. IT IS A GENERAL QUESTION! When I finally got through to someone I was frustrated because I had to go through numerous buttons on the phone and I picked the one that could hopefully get me to a live human being. I finally spoke with two people (with very strong accents), so I asked to speak with someone that speaks English and they hung up on me! I NEED ANSWERS and this is frustrating!

• Ni
    nikkinosocks Nov 16, 2009

first off, if you are not a cosinger or someone your son said they can release information to, you will get no information...say you had an account and someone called claiming to be your son and asked for your information, especially without having any proof that he is your son, would you want someone giving out all of your information?

Scam and cheating!

Upon wanting to get an education at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts at Miramar, Fl. Sallie Mae was there to...

Stop stalling & let me pay!

April 06, i tried to medically defer pmnts, smf said no, another co tried to take over loan, smf said no. In june 2007 i tried to pay off loan, smf mailed my ck back to me- no reason, i called, customer 'lack of' service said "your info does not match any accts here" i tried to pay via internet, my pmnts keep getting reversed, smf said my bank can not locate this acct, my bank says acct fine, smf has the wrong bank to the wrong route number- i told them ! They wont take a credit card they have stalled me for answers for over a year ! Now i have 3000.00 in late fees, all i want to do is pay off my loan ! I have documentation of all of this, therefore, smf may not sue me for this posting !

MAP Dec 26, 2007

This is true. Tonight, I just received a phone call - AT 9:00PM!

COME ON. I immediately asked for the time when I picked up the phone and they confirmed, "9:00pm."

Then, after I tell them I'm going to record the conversation, the supervisor said that she isnt giving her permission to let me record. Guess what? YOU CALLED ME, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND! I CAN RECORD YOU!

At this point I'm considering legal advice. This is rediculous.

You can reach me at mikemuyo at yahoo.com

I could hear yelling in the background, as if somebody was loosing their temper to get somebody to pay up.

• Sh
    sharperthanthem May 17, 2008

These ### give themselves away...
    Next time you pick up, put the phone on speaker .
    Don't bother telling them - if they're too stupid to realize they are being heard by 3rd parties - all the better..
    Have someone within hearing distance do the recording.
    What "law" are they going to get "John Doe" for recording the truth? Are they going to come after you because you let someone else listen in?? Believe me they'll be too busy covering their butts when your recording hits the media (ooh yootube~~).. If Dateline and 60 Minutes can do it so can you..
    It's about time these criminals get uncovered!

Cotinues of calls at home and at work

My son did not graduate until July from NMSU. I had six months after his graduation to begin paying this loan. We had and even put the loan I have on my son's list to pay back. I had to get the loan for him to finish college. Sallie Mae refused to put this on his list for all loans to become one loan. All other loans for colleages are doing this. I read of all the compliants from Sallie Mae lieing about loans that were never processed and this happened to my son. Sallie claims he recieved money and they can't even give us the back of the checks Shawn Pinion is my son. Even asked for two other checks and Shawn never recieved, but NMSU signed for and not Shawn and Sallie Mae still wants money he never recieved. We are sueing and going to court for this. Sallie Mae calls our work and they call our home not once but over 12 times in a day at times. They are to stop calling my work or I will sue them for this also. I will help my son pay back some of his loan, but I have to get two bills paid off before I can begin this. I am sick of Sallie Maes phone calls and harassment. There are laws for comsumers. I want a stop put to these calls and the rudeness on how they treat customers. They are hateful and rude to no means. It is bad enough our young men and women have to go into debt to get a head in life for an education. I know there are alot of problems with Sallie Mae and they need to be corrected. I will go to the Attorney Generals Office and Higher up the chain of command on this company.

Mrs. Pinion
[protected]

They took my money

Sallie Mae / Student Loans Customer Service
www.salliemae.com

I became disabled in July 2005. This year, I finally got disability and received a good amount of backpay. I owed my landlord for back rent, which was the agreement we made, she would let me live there, as long as I paid her back when I got my disability.

I paid her through my banks electronic payment system, bill pay, but I accidentally sent it to Sallie Mae instead. I owed them about $1,300, which was on a loan that had been deferred because of my hardship status. I sent them $4,000, which was the amount that I was supposed to send my landlady. A few days before I sent it, I had requested a disability exemption from them, which means that they cancel the loan as long as I never work again, which, unfortunately, is going to be the case. My bank said that if money was owed, there was no way they could get the money back that I'd sent electronically... GRRRrrrlll.

When I contacted Sallie Mae, everything was fiiinnneee. Yes, they would send the full amount back as long as I wrote a letter explaining the details. I immediately wrote the letter saying that I'd transferred money to the wrong account, etc., I called them weekly asking what was going on. I was told several times that the whole amount would be credited back to my bank account. Well, low and behold, about a month went by and they had taken out the amount that I owed them. When I called back, I talked to yet another supervisor who told me that I would soon be getting a letter explaining the reason why they took the money. The "letter" came a few days later and it basically said, thanks for paying off your student loan we appreciate your business. UGH!!!

Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were. ~~ Cherie Carter-Scott

Jazzsie1 Feb 05, 2009

They shouldn't have taken your money if you are on FULL DISABILITY. I would contact the guarantor of your loan. If you don't know it Sallie Mae knows it. There is usually a form that you fill out to your guarantor stating permanent disability. I woulnd't let this go I would try to fight it.

Billing statements not sent!

I received an email today from sallie mae services stating that they have not received payment on an account...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices