Menu
Saks OFF 5th company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

112 complaints
18 resolved 94 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Saks OFF 5th customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Saks OFF 5th. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
A
3:43 pm EST

Saks OFF 5th - Online order refund

Iplaced an order online at saksofffifth and then I saw that they had an offer for 20% off purchase. I contacted them and asked if I can return and get the 20% and they said no worries we will send u a credit adjustment. I have called about 8 times and get different answers as to when and how I will receive it and everytime I call they put in the request like its the 1st time I am calling. They said 3-5 days I would receive an email with the credit adjustment. Its been 3 weeks and nothing!

Desired outcome: waiting gift card with credit adjustment

S
10:35 am EST

Saks OFF 5th - Returns

I bought a gown from your off fifth store. I was having some medical issues at the time and was a little late returning the gown. I tried to return it but they would not let me. Everyone that I encountered was rude and not wanting to help me. The gown still has the tags attached. I would like a full refund for $199 the sequence is falling off of the dress and there is no eye hook on the back. I would appreciate your help and look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.
Paula Charles
[email protected]
2017057619

Desired outcome: refund for $199

P
2:49 pm EDT

Saks OFF 5th - Gucci Watch - Store Order Reference 102163771

I made a purchase from Saks Off 5th online December 2020 for an expensive Gucci Watch. These luxury products are supposed to last a really long time. I know. I own a few. Two weeks ago the dial stem fell completely out of the watch. I took it to a jewelry repair shop where I was informed that the watch was defective and that it would be very expensive to fix. I concurred once he quoted me the price to fix. It was not worth me repairing as it will cost as much as what I paid for the item. The watch is not working and is useless without this piece back in place.

Today, September 21, I contacted your customer service department who insulted me by offering 15% back once I provided pictures to prove that the product was defective. The 15% will not even cover the cost of the repair. Unacceptable.

Saks is carrying luxury items and should insure that these products are not defected. I would like some assistance in this matter.

Desired outcome: Product replaced or a refund.

Update by Paula C James
Sep 21, 2021 2:50 pm EDT

Information added

1 comment
M
Sep 21, 2021 3:41 pm EDT

Hi Ms. James.

I think I can be of some assistance here.

Saks off 5th is NOT the same as the more famous Saks Fifth Avenue. The retailer you're referring to is a discount online retailer.

The retailer has no place in the overall warranty of a product, at least in this case. Contact Gucci. They may want to verify its not a knock-off, but they can assist.

4:07 pm EDT

Saks OFF 5th - 3 products ordered, 1 received, charged for 3

Investigation No. 09174597
Order No. 015560897
This is an update to the email I sent yesterday under the email address of [email protected]

I have re-examined the delivery box and observed that the bottom of the box has two layers of tape. The bottom layer of the tape has been cut open. Another layer has been put on top of it, which is still intact. Based on this I conclude that the box was opened from the bottom and then resealed.
I have photographs of the box which can be viewed as part of your investigation, as well as the box is available for examination.

It appears to me that the bottom of the box was opened, two of the 3 items removed and then resealed and delivered. I believe your records show that 6.8 lbs was shipped from Saks in Pennsylvania and received by Borderfree in Illinois. The box was then handled by Intelcom the carrier who only track the size of the box not the weight. It is probable that the Intelcom carrier process is where the box was opened, 2 items removed, resealed and then delivered.

The top of the box which I opened, has one layer of tape.

Please contact me to make arrangements for my photographs and to view the box as part of your investigation. Paula Vieira 416-878-5004

Desired outcome: Full refund for two items not received.

P
3:40 pm EDT

Saks OFF 5th - product not delivered

Investigation No. 09174597
Order No. 015560897

3 items ordered, only 1 delivered. I have called your complaint number repeatedly. They regularly hang up. I have called Borderfree and Intelcom and Pitney Bowes. All companies send me in a circle back to Saks. (Contrary to the website statement under Intelcom that it will work with the merchant and customer to resolve theft issues)

Saks denied my complaint based on the info that 6.8 pounds was allegedly received by Borderfree. I can assure that only 2 pounds arrived in a big box with only 1 pair of shoes to my home.

Intelcom only has records of the size of the box not its weight.

Somewhere between Pennsylvania, Illinois and Toronto 2 of the 3 items were removed, assuming there were 3 items in the box in the first place.

From what I have read on line, there are many other customers with a similar story of theft and lack of customer service.

I look forward to receiving a full refund plus shipping / duties for the items that I did not receive.

Desired outcome: Full refund including shipping / duty for items not received

N
6:11 pm EDT

Saks OFF 5th - Refund for returned item was never issued

I already contacted multiple times Saks off 5th by phone and email, but it seems that they resist to undestend my issue.
I ordered 2 pairs of the same shoes- item ID: 0400012966379, different sizes 9 and 10. It was 2 sepate orders. However non of the sizes feet's right and I returned both of them by different mean. Size 9- order#104913531 was returned in store #843 and I received a credit for it on June 27, 2021. size 10- order # 104823625 was was shipped by USPS ON 6/30/21 under provided returne label RMA 600850273 with tracking # 9202394653082937920274 and confirmed as received by Saks. For the shaped returne I should receive $191.45, since Saks deducting $9.95 shipping cost from initial order price $201.40. I am waiting for my refund almost 2 month, used any mean of communication, but customer service arguing with me that they already issued refund for me on June 27. When I try to explain that refund from 6/27/21 was issued in store for size 9 and it was done prior then Saks created returned label for me on 6/29/30. The Saks shipment return policy consist of creating return label, then sending item, and ones it received by Saks ( my shipment was delivered 7/2/21) they refund the cost of item minus $9.95 for shipment. I try to explain it multiple times, that I did not get a refund for size #10 ( which I shipped and they received) since they never issued credit refund prior to receiving physical item. In my case they can't post refund of $ 201.40 on 6/27/21, because shipment label for refund was only initiated on 6/29/21, send 6/30/21 and received by Saks 7/2/21. Furthermore, it should be only $191.45 after deduction of shipping cost. I understand that Sine both shoes was the same price it created confusion. However it's pretty simple to clear it out 2 pairs was purchased, 2 returned, but only 1 credit issued. Saks owns me a credit for 1 pair. Now, I don't have any shoes, but still end up paying for 1 pair.

Desired outcome: Refund

L
6:53 am EDT

Saks OFF 5th - Moschino slides wrong price tag

I frequently buy at saks off fifth as it's one of my favourite store. I went to Toronto premium outlet mall on one weekend and they had 25% off clearance items. I got one moschino slides for me (womens in black & white) with lot of other stuffs. Those slides has a red tag on it of 119.99 of clearance. When I came to pay at the counter it was a young girl and she was the store manager. While scanning those slides came to $89.99 with 25% off. She made us wait for so long at the counter as lot of people's when they were paying and going out of store the scanner was making noise as those grey tags were not removed properly from their clothes or jackets so she was trying to help them making us wait. We still stood there patiently. Then she told me this was wrongly tagged and these slides were not on sale and I will have to pay the full price which was coming [email protected] around $135. I was so disappointed as firstly if it was wrongly tagged as a customer service she should have given to us being the store manager herself and after making us wait for this long she didn't even bother to at least make an attempt to see what she could do about that wrong pricing. Being such a reputed store I was shocked to see such bad customer service. I have never faced such problem before and have never seen that girl before in that store as I go there so often. Very disappointing as I was really happy to get those slides in my cart and was so excited to wear them. My husband was ready to pay the full price but I was mad at that girl and decided not to buy it.

T
7:15 pm EDT

Saks OFF 5th - SCAM! Sent me wrong item, kept my money!

This company has gone to the dark side and is running a full scam ring! BUYERS BEWARE! I am a luxury consumer and have never had any trouble with any department store. The Off Saks Fifth shipping department is running a full luxury scam and is super corrupt. Please read their Instagram reviews and the complaints from MULTIPLE CUSTOMERS about the scams they have pulled on other customers like me. They are sending customers who place orders the wrong item, then denying the return and not refunding them their money. I never expected this kind of scam to occur from a name like Saks. I thought it was an honest mistake, but after reading all the reviews its obvious this is some corrupt scam! DO NOT SHOP HERE

S
10:53 am EDT

Saks OFF 5th - Never Received My Refund

I received my order on Nov 12th 2020 Order #101353460 with 1 Tote Missing! I immediately contacted customer service, I was given Case#04771512 and an apology and the Rep told me to wait 7-14 Business days for my Refund. I did that! I received nothing. I continued to email customer service in December 2020, January 2021, and February 2021. STILL have NOT received a refund

Desired outcome: Request A Refund

4:59 pm EDT

Saks OFF 5th - Customer service- Sales clerk accusation of stealing

To Whom it May Concern.
I am writing in regards to an experience my partner and I had in your Chicago- Rosemont Outlets store on 4/9/21. I have made an attempt to contact Saks by phone, but have only been put on hold. I am hopeful that you can rectify this situation and lodge my complaint.

I am very dissatisfied with my experience- I have actually never had something like this happen to me in any store and was appalled that it occurred in Off 5th. I came to the register with my purchases: A Pair of Valentino shoes ($250) and a pair of Vince suede shoes ($39.97)- I believe that they were the Warren slip-on sneakers. The sales clerk began to ring up the items and then stopped and suddenly left the sales desk. He didn't say why he was leaving, or even that he needed to step away. He just left and walked over to the other sales desk and began talking in low voices with another salesperson, whose name was Jonathon. After 5 minutes, when it became clear that the sales-clerk was not going to return with any kind of explanation, I went over to the other sales clerk (Jonathon) and asked them both what was going on. Jonathon announced, very loudly, that there was an issue with the price tag and that it "didn't match up." At this point, I still mistakenly believed that the two clerks were attempting to figure the problem out and so I offered to go find a similar pair of shoes so that they could take the bar code from those shoes. When I returned with the shoes (which also had the same price label), Jonathon declined to look at them, and instead put his hand directly into my face and said in a very loud voice that the price tags on the pair of shoes I originally brought to the register, were "FAKE."

At this point, all of the other customers in line were listening- they were well within earshot. I asked Jonathon to explain what he meant and he began scrolling through pictures on his tablet- he found a pair of tan shoes (the ones I attempted to purchase were blue) and forcefully pointed at his tablet and (again, VERY loudly) said, "see. this shows me that there is an attempt here to switch the tags to pretend that the price of the shoes is lower than it is. That is theft!"

I was shocked. Not only had I picked a pair of shoes right off of the shelf and attempted to purchase them (with no malintent), I had not even been questioned about them by either sales clerk. Instead, in front of at least 5 other customers, Jonathon accused me of switching tags. I would note that I also had a pair of $250 shoes with me to purchase, so the accusation wasn't even logical. I asked a few additional questions because I was highly embarrassed and thought that Jonathon or the other clerk would at least acknowledge that there could have been an error at any point- that the tags didn't have to have been switched by me. Instead, Jonathon announced to me and everyone else in earshot that "it happens all the time. You think that you can just switch the tags and get things for cheaper, but we check these things." I finally asked directly, "Are you saying that I tried to steal these?" And Jonathon said only, "Not necessarily."

I would like to tell you that this is where the story ends, but it does not. I returned to the original register to pack up my things to leave. I was absolutely humiliated. I tried to explain to my partner what had happened- I felt shaken and had tears in my eyes- again, because I was humiliated by both the accusation and Jonathon's very loud voice. My partner was equally upset and walked back over to Jonathon to have him correct the situation. I then watched as Jonathon picked up a pair of high heels off of his sales desk and began to shake them in her face (she told me that he did this to "show" her that it was impossible to fake the tags). She asked him if he could back up while he explained this to her and he instead pushed the shoes up even closer to her face. She actually stumbled backwards. At that time, another customer yelled for Jonathon to get his hands out of my partner's face.

I also must point out that I had purchased the Valentino shows in the middle of all of this because I was so embarrassed that I didn't want to call any additional attention to myself. I truly wish that I had not. The problem wasn't mine. It was Jonathon's and as a result, it is Saks'. Finally, I left the store by asking him what his name was. He declined to respond, but his sales-clerk told us and also informed us that Jonathon was the store manager. I am not sure if that was true, but if it is, I advise you to seriously reconsider having someone so abusive in a managerial position. I also realized that our friend had purchased a pair of pants at Jonathon's register only moments before, so I have all of the info about him available:
Associate ID: 796750
Store manager: Jennifer Shimizu
ST: 756, TRM: 004; TRN: 24800

I am writing to make a formal complaint and to receive confirmation that something has been done. I also believe that I at least deserve a formal apology from the store. I have been shopping at Saks and eventually at Saks Off Fifth for more than 15 years and consider myself a loyal customer. I cannot believe that Saks allowed something like this to happen.

4:59 pm EDT

Saks OFF 5th - return

Hello, this is regarding order #103245428
I was trying to return some items that I purchased online to Off 4th store in Northbrook Il, but had difficulties - I was told it's final sale and not refundable
I called manager and confirmed face-to-face that this item still available online and it doesn't say anything about final order
While she said that I can't return in he store, she called and while I was in the store I received return shipping label for all items that I wanted to return
To my surprise in 2 weeks, 2 our of 3 items came back - no explanation. Plus I was charged $9.95 for shipping without informing me on this charge
I went through numerous phone calls and I was offered $10 gift card to substitute for shipping cost, which I refused, sounds like a bad joke
I was able to find another number and documented verbal complaint on 4/5/21. The person I talked to, promised to document and someone will call me back. It was 5 days ago and no one called yet
Overall, very disappointed

Desired outcome: accept return and refund cost, plus shipping cost

A
2:04 pm EDT

Saks OFF 5th - Charged Twice

March 28, 2021 - I placed an order with Saks Off 5th on March 27th. The funds were immediately held in my bank account. Today, I look at my account and they have charged me, AGAIN, for the two items separately. I finally received a call back from their customer service, who explained this is because they shipped the two items separately. They said that they would hold the initial amount that I authorized until the second item is shipped. They couldn't tell me when. So, basically they are charging me twice, holding my funds hostage where I can't access them. I will never order from this company again. I have ordered online before where items where shipped separately, and I have NEVER experienced this type of unethical business practice.

Desired outcome: Release my money!

Y
12:49 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Yolanda My Phone number 734-320-5943 My email address: [email protected] On Feb 9 2021 at around 11:00 am as the store opened, I bought a bag at Saks off fifth in Farmington Hills, Michigan. The sales associate, Kayana, did not fully disclosed that the bag has a damage at the bottom. I went back to the store 5 minutes after I bought it. Kayana...

C
5:37 pm EST

Saks OFF 5th - 14 k gold. butterfly pendant necklace

I spent $148 in this necklace as a bday gift for my sister. As she tried to put it on it broke before she can even clip it. I returned this necklace asking for a full refund due to damaged/defected item. After several weeks, Saks off 5th sent this necklace back to me indicating that the necklace was damaged/worn. I called Saks Off 5th to ask for another review since it's not right that I'm stuck with a broken necklace that was cheaply made spending $148 for it. The customer service rep told me they would send fed ex come pick up the package since they can no longer create another prepaid shipping label. Fed ex never came. I called again and the second Customer service rep submitted another fed ex pick up free of charge but fed ex never came. This happend 5 times already! I am very disappointed at how Saks off 5th is accusing me of wearing the necklace. The necklace looks brand new except for the broken chain. The broken chain was at no fault of mine or my sisters. I made a huge mistake by buying a necklace from Saks Off 5th. They are ripping me off with a defected/cheaply made necklace and I as still trying to send the necklace back without anything coming out of my pocket and get a refund. Please help.

Desired outcome: For Saks off 5th to take the cheat made necklace and Refund me my $148

N
1:37 am EST

Saks OFF 5th - Card charged twice

I've been charged again this morning again, after my legit order on 22 January. Also I see my order is not complete. I want refund. I don't want to have anything to to with this terrible company. I want my money back. Charging people without placing and order is theft. I want my money back on both transactions. I will never order frol you again and let all my friends know my experience. I canceled my card after this fraudulent transaction and for me it's a major in conve ience since it's my only card. Lost my job and I'm not resident here so to replace it it's difficult or impossible. You don't care about the customer in convenience but this is fraud charging me twice for a transaction and different amounts.
Refund my money
Nicoleta Cucos
[email protected]

Desired outcome: Refund all my money

B
5:13 pm EST

Saks OFF 5th - shoes

Never received order and was told mumbo jumbo about an investigation. Spoke with 3 different reps and was told 3 different things. I am disputing with my credit card. Also they don't use fedex as indicated but local post office pick it up from fedex.
Never ordering anything online from them again. Not trustworthy and extremely poor customer service. One of the reps hung up on me.

Desired outcome: refund

T
2:50 pm EST
Saks OFF 5th has left an official reply on this complaint.

Saks OFF 5th - Order never received and never got a refund even after multiple calls

I never received my order from saks off 5th. The order was sent back to them, I followed the tracking number. It shows the last known address as being in Atlanta. But its been like that for the past 2 months.
Customer service is awful. I have called many times and get the same run around. Last week I did finally talk to someone who said they were going to refund me the money but I never received it and then I got a letter saying it has not been approved!. I used to work for this company too!. Its shocking and disgraceful treating customers like this!.
Order number is 101055078. Case number 05695719

R
11:41 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

An order was canceled by customer service last sunday upon my request, due to the fact that I had purchased the $267 down jacket with a 2 day delivery, and it was going to be delayed by more than a week. I was informed that I was refunded and that it would take 7-10 days. Then yesterday, I was charged again for the item without being alerted, Which ha...

D
3:40 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was at the Saks Off 5th in Ontario Ca. The only reason I felt safe to go is because it had an outside entrance and I didn't have to go through the mall to enter the store. It was 2hrs before closing and a store employee told my daughter and I (with 2 babies in tow) that we could not enter through those doors they were exit only for the first time ever. I...

D
2:55 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I placed an order on september 29, 2020 for 5 pair of pants I only received 2 pair. after numerous phone calls for a refund (because they charged me for 5 pair) this issue has yet to be resolved. I do not understand what the problem is with them I just want my money money back. it is not right to take someone's money for items never received. when I called...

Saks OFF 5th contacts